PDA

View Full Version : Where are the review's for BBWWS?

buttercup1982
07-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I was just wondering if it's just me but I've looked on the restaurant reviews and I can't find it anywhere :confused3 Help please? :goodvibes

A Small World
07-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I was just wondering if it's just me but I've looked on the restaurant reviews and I can't find it anywhere :confused3 Help please? :goodvibes

There isnt an actual thread for this. I did one ages ago and then realised there wasnt a thread to post it in so just started a new thread which is what everyone does. Unfortunately they then get lost.

We need one in the reataurant sticky please mods

Ms Poppins
07-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I've just been re-reading Belles World trip report. Day 3 has a review of BBWWS. Looks good!

Cyrano
07-26-2009, 04:27 PM
There isnt an actual thread for this. I did one ages ago and then realised there wasnt a thread to post it in so just started a new thread which is what everyone does. Unfortunately they then get lost.

We need one in the reataurant sticky please mods

This one was left since it is more of a show with food rather than a restaurant.
Since there is obviously interest we'll put up a sticky for BBWWS.

buttercup1982
07-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Just read some reviews off google and it's not looking very good :sad2: Not sure what to do now?? It was going to be instead of California Grill, any ideas?:confused3

scald
07-27-2009, 10:35 AM
We went to the 6.30pm show on Bastille Day. Have never gone to this show before due to kids having asthma, the price and some poor reviews of the food. This time we thought we would give it a go and I got a great price by booking in advance (with sterling price).

We were pleasantly surprised overall, and the kids actually cite it as their favourite bit of the trip. The pre show entertainment was very good and the oranisation was excellent. We were soon in our seats and offered drinks (beer or Coke) straight away. There was a decent basket of tortilla chips and corn bread on the bench in front of us and the show began without delay.

Lots of people were compl;aining about the appearance of charachters in this new show, and I could see how it would take away from the authenticity of the production, but it did keep the children interested and they were hollering and whooping before long.

The games which are played and which pit each coloured section against each other are very amusing and exciting and the kids LOVED it.

The food was okay, better than expected. The kids got chicken legs, sausage and some potato wedges. Quite edible. As a veggie, I got a bean chilli to start (okay) and a random tortellini/peas/green beans concoction for mains. This was a little strange, but edible all the same and dessert was lovely apple crumble. The food is far from top notch but it is sufficient. For the price paid (151 quid for 4 people), we all got a great show and a fair enough feed. I would say that if you can get a good price, go for it!!

MichelinMan
07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
We went the day before Bastille day, and enjoyed it very much.

The wife wasn't sure whether she was going to enjoy it beforehand, but said it was one of the best bits of the trip for her. The atmosphere was quite good, and DS now can't stop 'yee-hah'-ing round the house with the free cowboy hat you all get to keep.

I didn't think the disney characters spoilt the show - I thought they fitted in well, just the right proportion.

The meat-eaters get a chilli for starter, skillet with ribs, chicken, sausage and potato wedges for mains, and a lovely apple crumble with ice cream for desert. Children get a plate of chicken, sausage and wedges, and a chocoloate ioce cream on a stick for desert. My son is fussy, and only ate the sausages from his main, along with mine, but also loaded up on nachos. Only criticism is that it was so dark sometimes, you couldn't see what you were eating - or was this deliberate?! ;)

There is all you can drink coke or beer - I know people have complained they only got one refill before, but my wife managed to knock back 3 glasses of beer and even had to refuse one more top-up, so no complaints there!!! :rotfl2:

We used our Premium vouchers, so it worked out fairly good value - not sure I would pay full price for the show though (I think it was 49 euros for a full price ticket - our vouchers cost us 36 instead).

We would go back again, even though we have already seen it now.

buttercup1982
07-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone might give it ago then! :goodvibes