PDA

View Full Version : Veggie burgers in the park

pigby
07-26-2009, 06:46 AM
DD is a vegetarian and we sometimes struggle finding things she will eat - at home she tends to live off anything containing Quorn, cheese based dishes, pizza and pasta with tomato sauce and baked potatoes. Found a few pasta based meals and obviously pizza but there is no mention of veggie burgers. She did eat something in En Coulisse in Studios last time I'm sure but there is no mention of anything vegetarian on the menu - is there anyhwre in the park that does veggie burgers?

A Small World
07-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Annettes do a Veggie Burger.

One restaurant you might want to check out is Agrabahs - It probably wasnt open last time you went. It has loads of Vegetarian food (buffet)

There are also croques available at most counter service places - some with ham and cheese but some with mushroom and cheese

milomummy
07-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Word of warning for you ~ some places advertise meals with fish as 'vegetarian'. Bit odd! I don't eat meat but I do eat fish, I found the lack of veggie 'grab and go' options seriously lacking, especially after sampling the delicious veggie burger in Orlando! There is a lovely grilled vegetable sandwich from a couple of shops (but V expensive in my opinion!) and salads, cheese and tomato pizzas, chips from most places, and a pretty awful tomato soup in Caseys Corner (yuck!).
The 'sit down' meals were too expensive in our opinion, €21.80 (I think) for each adult.

Dis1978
07-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Agrabahs was the most dreadful rip off and rubbish food.
I had hoped it would be like the Morrocan restaurant at WDW or at least edible food.

We love all veggie food but this was just dire.
Also they claimed that they had a children's menu when we asked at the front desk. When we sat down there was no children's menu, just half portions from the buffet.
My kids ended up just eating ice cream. Manager was rude when my husband complained.
Misrepresentation, rubbish food - Don't go there!

scottwb
07-26-2009, 05:57 PM
I had hoped it would be like the Morrocan restaurant at WDW or at least edible food.

Also they claimed that they had a children's menu when we asked at the front desk. When we sat down there was no children's menu, just half portions from the buffet.
My kids ended up just eating ice cream. Manager was rude when my husband complained.

We're all vegetarians (six of us, including four kids) and we absolutely loved the food at Agrabah. There was a good variety and the staff were extremely helpful in pointing out which food contained fish or meat. Perhaps the choice wasn't so good on the day you went?

A Small World
07-26-2009, 06:02 PM

Shame you didnt enjoy it - we've been twice and are planning to go again next week (we'renot veggies though)
DD has always found something on the buffet she likes

scald
07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
I did notice a roasted vegetable burger thingy on the menu at Cafe de Cascadeurs in the studios. Didn't have it myself and opted for the salad, but it did look appetisig as I saw some being prepared nearby. Also, I am pretty sure the Rainforest Cafe do a veggie burger.

I ate fine all week. Everywhere does a salad option and there is garlic bread, cheese and tomato pizza at most places. Do check for fish though, the french seem to think this does not apply!

di$neyf@n
08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
We have a vegetarian and he loves the omlette burgers at Chalet du Marionette and Cowboy Cookout BBQ. We always get weird looks when we order because we order 7 at a time. 3 for him and a couple others for the other children who aren't in the mood for chicken or reguar burgers. It is basically eggs, cheese, lettuce and mayo I think.

Dianetigger
08-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Two of my children are veggies and they both found plenty to eat in the restaurants last week. The only place they complained about was the buffet meal in the Studios, only salads and pizza for veggies and that wasn't replenished whilst we were there either.