PDA

View Full Version : Internet access on Tracfone or similar

GibboFLA
07-26-2009, 07:13 AM
After last year and giving Vodafone a large percentage of my wages for accessing the internet in Florida, I need a cheaper option.

Are Tracfone or the similar phones you can buy in WalMart/Target etc able to access the internet?

I would just want access to check my "hotmail" account and bank balances (just to reign-in the wife's shopping if need be!).

I have had a look at some websites but they don't seem to advertise the fact that you can access the "web", and I don't want to carry a laptop to Florida and back just for a few minutes access.

Any information will be appreciated.

wayneg
07-26-2009, 07:37 AM
Sorry can't help about the phones, we always take a couple of laptops with us.
Just wanted to say welcome to DISboards.:welcome:

juliebro
07-26-2009, 08:21 AM
Where are you staying? You may find that you can get access to an internet cafe for free or for a low price.

We've recently bought a lightweight netbook (about 200) to take with us on future trips now that more and more places are offering free wi-fi/wireless broadband. The house we renterd last year and are renting next year has it.

GibboFLA
07-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Sorry can't help about the phones, we always take a couple of laptops with us.
Just wanted to say welcome to DISboards.:welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, I was here a few years ago but sort of drifted off!:confused3
I think we might end up taking a laptop, it will be easier:surfweb:

wayneg
07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome, I was here a few years ago but sort of drifted off!:confused3
I think we might end up taking a laptop, it will be easier:surfweb:

We usually stay offsite with free wireless internet, this time onsite so going to cost me $160 for 1st 16 nights then about $50 on the cruise. Disney must make a fortune on the internet.