PDA

View Full Version : Back at Last!!!

scald
07-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Just back now after a week relaxing in South Wales at the end of our holiday before returning to Ireland. 6 days in DLp from 13th July travelling by Eurostar from London. Trip was a great adventure and I will do a trippie in a day or two. Have to say all in all the visit was FAR more enjoyable than the one in July two years ago. Disney seem to have "upped the ante" and the whole experience was excellent.:thumbsup2

Quick outline:

High Points:
7th floor hotel room in Sequoia Lodge overlooking the castle!!!
Walk on queues (timed well of course)
Brilliant character interaction without any fuss
Buffallo Bills excellent show

Low Points:

Massive thunder and lightning storm on second last night which scared the beejebus out of me (hid in the loo!)

Will do a trippie when I can focus again and when I have a few loads of washing done:lmao:

wedreamofdisney
07-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Just back now after a week relaxing in South Wales at the end of our holiday before returning to Ireland. 6 days in DLp from 13th July travelling by Eurostar from London. Trip was a great adventure and I will do a trippie in a day or two. Have to say all in all the visit was FAR more enjoyable than the one in July two years ago. Disney seem to have "upped the ante" and the whole experience was excellent.:thumbsup2

Quick outline:

High Points:
7th floor hotel room in Sequoia Lodge overlooking the castle!!!
Walk on queues (timed well of course)
Brilliant character interaction without any fuss
Buffallo Bills excellent show

Low Points:

Massive thunder and lightning storm on second last night which scared the beejebus out of me (hid in the loo!)

Will do a trippie when I can focus again and when I have a few loads of washing done:lmao:

Glad you had a nice trip:thumbsup2
I love massive storms, so that would be another plus point for me ( as long as I was tucked up in bed with a cuppa, watching it out of the window:laughing:)

whittysmum
07-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Low Points:

That's why I don't fancy Orlando again in Aug, never seen storms like it!! Hope we don't get one when we go in a few weeks!

Glad you had a good time.

FiFi Rose
07-25-2009, 03:43 PM
The massive thunder and lightening storm started just after we arrived at CDG. We were in the taxi on the way to the dreamcastle and the driver said the airport was closing after our flight:eek: So glad we weren't in the air as it was my OH's first time on a plane:scared1: It was pretty spectacular though!

Ms Poppins
07-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Welcome back! :goodvibes

Glad you had a good room, and had a nice time.

I bet it all seems like a distant memory now.................:upsidedow

tennisfan
07-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Welcome back:goodvibes

scald
07-25-2009, 04:34 PM
The massive thunder and lightening storm started just after we arrived at CDG. We were in the taxi on the way to the dreamcastle and the driver said the airport was closing after our flight:eek: So glad we weren't in the air as it was my OH's first time on a plane:scared1: It was pretty spectacular though!

Saw some planes landing at the start of it, was terrified for the people even though I know its completely safe!! I have never actually seen fork lightning and from our room on top floor of Sequoia we saw everything At one poinr there was a huge fork just over TOT. Could you imagine the doors opening just as that happened!!!:scared1: Got some good video footage (courtesy of brave husband at window.....

Lisa_C
07-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Welcome back!!!!! That thunderstorm was fantastic - I've never seen rain like it!!!!!!

Look forward to your TR - I'm still in the process of "planning" mine so will be good to compare notes!!

cannp123165
07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Sounds like you had a great time! :thumbsup2

thelittlemermaid83
07-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh you was there when they had the real bad weather, my friend said they had to shut the park early and that no trains or planes were leaving while the storm was on. I thought he was joking untill he showed me the weather via webcam.

Glad to hear you enjoyed BBWWS, really looking forward to seeing that.

ema74
07-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your trip!:thumbsup2

buttercup1982
07-26-2009, 04:18 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! :goodvibes I would of been terrified with the thunderstorms too! I'm not the best of flyers myself!:sad2:

Ware Bears
07-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Welcome back! :wave2:

Suzanne1979
07-27-2009, 02:54 AM
I'm more than jealous of the hotel room you had!!! Sounds fantastic, waking up in the morning, looking out the window, seeing the castle... pixie dust all over!!! princess: