PDA

View Full Version : Universal Refillable Cups/Mugs?

MarieCW
06-28-2002, 07:37 AM
Could someone shed some light on the refillable cup or mug program at Universal.
Are the cups usable in both parks, as well as the resorts?
What drinks are available? (soda? coffee? lemonade?)
What is the cost of the original cup, and is there a charge for refills also?
Anything I haven't thought to ask?

Thanks
:D

JSFord
06-28-2002, 08:33 AM
When the wife and I went in May, this was the deal. At IOA it was like 7 or 8 $ with refills all day pretty much anywhere. Then at USF it was like $4 and you could refill for the price of a small. Anything they had to drink (nonalcoholic) you could get, including Icees, ummmm, great on a hot day. At IOA you had to show this ticket with the date on it and it was good only that day. At USF you could do it more than one day.

Dont know if these are official rules, but thats how it worked during our trip.

Mugs were not for the resorts at all.

Kitty 34
06-28-2002, 04:41 PM
We participated in the one program where we bought a large "Hulk" drinking cup (hard plastic) for apx $9 and then all day long at either Universal or IOA we could refill it at any of the Fast Food places for FREE. It's just a one-day deal, tho but for us that was fine.:D

julie_yet
06-30-2002, 08:05 PM
I don't know about USF but I got one of the refill cups at IOA for about $8 or $9 and the day we bought it the refills we free. I did take the same cup back several times to IOA and the refills weren't free but they were cheaper than buying regular drinks.

JC Butterfly
07-15-2002, 06:54 PM
I'm wondering if the hotels are anything like Disney in that they have this program available?

Also, what designs besides "Hulk" are available in the parks?

Brenda

WebmasterBarry
07-15-2002, 09:37 PM
Here's some you can get at IOA:

Marvel Super Hero Island: Mug with Spider-Man, Hulk, and Wolverine at the top

Seuss Landing: Cat in the Hat Hat on top

Lost Continent: The mug looks like a dragon

Jurassic Park: A T-rex head is at the top

I can't remember one for Toon Lagoon.

Now at USF:

Mug with the T-800 skull on top
Twister mug shaped like a tornado