PDA

View Full Version : the calais problem

caretaker.thms
07-25-2009, 05:28 AM
i am getting dead worried
we always use the ferry at Calais and i have herd that the immigrants are getting more and more desperate.
they are now forming human chains across the roads to stop cars and rob them.

has any one seen these immigrants?
is it really as bad as they say?

if they try and stop me i will just keep going slowly and if one get run over its their problem!!!

is there an alternative ferry that can be used to avoid this area?

Jeccaboos
07-25-2009, 05:57 AM
I too have seen these newspaper articles although it does say that just two British families have reported a problem.

We drive too and will just be keeping the doors locked, windows up and keep going. If someone is baracading the road - which I doubt - we won't stop and like you say, if they don't move then tough. My children and my family are more important to me.

milomummy
07-25-2009, 06:01 AM
No idea about the reports, but you can do Dover - Dunkerque. It's a slightly longer crossing but in terms of getting from Dunkerque to Disney it is about the same time as Calais so I am told. Norfolkline run the route and it is possible to get some really cheap crossings.

caretaker.thms
07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
thanks milomummy i have just changed the booking to Dunkerque on the Norfolk line

tennisfan
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
You see the immigrants by the side of the road but all they are really interested in are getting into the lorries