PDA

View Full Version : Say I buy an Annual Pass for WDW just to get the discounts for hotels...

Pkdcoastrs
06-27-2002, 09:43 PM
My sister and I just thought of using this idea even though we've seen it before. Say we buy the basic ANNUAL PASS and pay whatever it cost. What are the discounts you get on HOTELS??? If you can get back as fast as possible, it would help because were running out of time!!!!

Let us know!!

Mike

Wish Upon A Star
06-27-2002, 10:46 PM
We saved 30% on our resort for our upcoming July trip.

DisneyDazed
06-27-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi Mike.... Last year we got the annual passes for our trip of 10 days. We chose the pass as it was cheaper than the park hopper tickets. Along with the pass came a great discount of about 40% off the room as they were running a special. Now you can get similar rates with other codes depending on what specials are running. If you are going for a week or so and/or will return in the year...I think the pass is the way to go! We will be returning 3 more times to make thte most of our pass:p

Disneyfun1
06-27-2002, 10:48 PM
check out http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html for the list of current passholder discounts. They also have a list of the codes without an AP. I had an AP discount, but this year found i saved a little more with the current codes. We have a PAP and dont regret buying it. WE are getting 2 trips out of it this year!

CarolMN
06-28-2002, 09:01 AM
If you only plan to buy an AP to get a hotel discount, WAIT TO BUY IT UNTIL YOU ACTUALLY HAVE AN AP-DISCOUNTED ROOM BOOKED!

You do not need to have an AP in your hand at the time you make the reservation. And only one person in your party needs to have an AP to reserve an AP-discounted room. Many people book the room and then buy the AP.

Keep in mind that getting an AP discounted room is NOT GUARANTEED just because you have an AP. Discounted rooms are limited in number and there must actually be one available when you call for you to receive the discount.

Call to book as soon as you hear that AP discounts are available for the dates you want to reserve. If you don't get one, keep trying. People's plans change. Good luck!