PDA

View Full Version : Advice please from people who have ap's

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 09:40 AM
As you know, I am planning a trip for feb. Staying at explorers with a cabin room.

Disney price - 980

Price privately/without disney passes -490

Now.... if i get us ap's unfortunetly i missed the child free ones, it would bring total cost if googles idea of 189 euros= 162
then holiday would be 1088

the reason i was thinking that i should go for the more expensive ap (otherwise holiday would be 934) is that most of the black out days fall around school holidays, which is the easiest time for us to go...

So I was just going to go through disney.. but now... i have been thinking.... if i got ap's it would mean a better chance i could return within a year.. as then would only have to do transport and .. if we went in summer could even go camping or anything...

a few things i want to consider..
when the year runs up.... can you get your new ones reduced? How much so?

Also do you think an offer like.. get a childs free ap with adult is likely to come up again before feb?

what do you all think I should do?

Thank you!!!

Cyrano
07-23-2009, 10:09 AM
a few things i want to consider..
when the year runs up.... can you get your new ones reduced? How much so?

Also do you think an offer like.. get a childs free ap with adult is likely to come up again before feb?

Apart from getting sponsors; which is much more difficult to do, there is no reduction when renewing the annual pass. Some guests have received a written offer of 18 months for the price of 12 on renewal. Of our 5 AP's only I got this letter :confused3

It is difficult to know about the free child AP promotion as it really depends on the state of the economy and whether the park management want to do this promotion again :)

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 10:41 AM
ok, another question.. when aps start running out.. if we go then, could i then sponser my partner ..so that way at least one of us, gets the year extra free?

DLPdaft
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
You have to sponsor 3 new APs to get a year free yourself. You can't sponsor someone who has already held an AP in the previous 2 years either.

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
gosh really? they dont make the ap that appealing do they? mm..
i still think it may be worth me doing for 100 more..as it means if any cheap hotel/travel come up we could come again.. next summer or halloween..as essentially it would save 400 ish on a future trip

any thoughts?

FiFi Rose
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi remember to also factor in the discounts. With the dream AP you get 10% in the restaurants and 20% in the shops. All these discounts add up and I would estimate our dream passes have probably almost paid for themselves in discount between our last 2 hols. I bought tickets for MNSSHP last week and got 50% off so saved 40:goodvibes

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes thats true. I think if we got them we would def go back at least once. maybe for october half term.. or early summer holidays ...but only if we could get cheap accom and travel.. am thinking of driving next time.

i think it makes sence..
disney 980
seperate booking plus dream ap's 1138
or with the middle ap's its cheaper 934

mmm:confused3:confused3:rotfl:

DLPdaft
07-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Remember also, if you're staying offsite next time, you will only get access to EMH with Dream passes for each member of your party.

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 11:24 AM
good point.... haha:thumbsup2

hahahaha

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOO...
haha

anyway, i am sure i WILL get ap's... just not sure on which one yet.

BUT..
how do i go about it, if we are going in feb.... do i ahve to do something before hand? or do i just ask at gates? then go to that office near discovery land?

how does it work? what will i need to take?

mummybear
07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
We renewed ours this year. We like having the choice of staying offsite and you can get some cheap hotels if you are driving. We have stayed at the Premierre Classe at Bussy, and it was a good place to stay for just somewhere to sleep. We paid about 50 a night for 2 adults and 2 children.

Also, with the Dream Pass, if you were to stay at any other hotel other than on-site (and Elysse) you get EMH, aswell as your discounts at the Parks:)

We have also gone down the camping route and we loved it. But we also prefer taking our car even though it takes us 5 hours to get to Folkestone to get Ferry or Eurotunnel.

I personally think that APs are still worth getting, but I also know that I am biased:banana:

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 11:30 AM
yes well we are in cornwall... so we are a good 6 hours away.. thats a guess.. no idea! but we like idea of car..

i quite like the idea of maybe going camping next summer.. see a bit of france as well as going to parks, could be nice.
i think i am sold on idea...
but any advice or tips would be great

mummybear
07-23-2009, 11:34 AM
You can do it at the gates. You will get a temp one then you go to to the AP office inside to get your pic on them

Or you can go to Guest Services at gates of the Studios and it is all done there before you go through the gates.

All we took was our Passports, but not sure if they are needed if you aren't getting a free one for under 7 (we needed to prove daughter was under 7)

You don't need to do anything before you go.

If you can afford to pay for the Dream, I think this gives such more flexability when it comes to booking. 2 times when we have wanted to go, Fantasy passes had blackout days when we wanted to go. Doesn't always happen, but some peak times are Blacked out with the Fantasy.

nightrider68
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
There are five of us and we purchased ours last October getting two free using the under 7 offer.

We used them at Christmas, Feb half term and at Easter - staying at the Marriott is by far the best as you get a house and can relax.

Will be staying at the Explorers in October as they had a sunday arrival offer which beat the Marriott prices.

EMH and discounts for shopping, restaurants (free drink as well) definitely make the Dream worth buying.

FiFi Rose
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
You need to have photographic id with you so take along your passport:goodvibes

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM
ok brilliant! I think what we will do is for christmas ask family to help pay towards our dream ap's... might make a VERY SMALL dent in it.. hahahaha

oh how excited... a dream ap holder! haha

yes we got a good deal on explorers also arriving on sunday, which is why i wanted to try this route.

angel girl
07-23-2009, 02:09 PM
This was the decision I made last summer-it seemed to make sense to pay a little extra to buy us all APs, esp as we were planning to return with my family.

We have ended up with 4 trips in a year, 3 offsite using budget hotels and Clubcard vouchers for Eurotunnel, one staying at the Cheyenne. We have Fantasy passes so no EMH, but when we did have EMH during our onsite visit I still found the park was really busy, and I wouldn't personally pay more for Dream passes just to get EMH, but I know many people on here would disagree with that!!

Also remember that if you are staying offsite you will probably want to drive to the park and APs enable you to park for free, saving you 8 euros per day.

Considering the savings we have made on parking, shop purchases, food etc, I think that the APs have been excellent value for us. I would dearly love to renew them, but my DH is seriously Disney'd out now, so don't think it's an option :sad1: I will just have to come on here to get my Disney fix instead!!

Happy planning :goodvibes

hollymattbenmilo
07-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for that. I think youre right. I think its def nice to have the option of emh, when we went in november. It was so empt and all the rides were walk ons which were nice.
But... that said, my main reason would be the black out days, as I notice that there are a few in late october..which is when we would prob go as thats half term and milos birthday... and i would like to know.. that we can fit it around kids and matthews work rather then..black out days..

i am hoping to maybe do a second trip next year with my nectar points for the crossing, so that would be good.... will need to up my recovery on my old banger first.. hahahah