PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel special with your shareholder's card?

dlpSteve
07-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I know that sounds like a funny question, but I have just had confirmation that my membership has been renewed and I can't wait to have that card back in my hands!

When we are in a UK Disney Stores I feel extra special because the staff on the most part seem to have never seen one before!

In the parks it's a godsend with the discount but i always like handing it over too - feel kind of proud!

DLPdaft
07-23-2009, 08:27 AM
My shareholders card lives in my purse, I can't bear to be separated from it. My DD is the worst out of the 2 of us though - she's the one who insists on going to Salon Mickey, "because its only for people who own a bit of Disney isn't it Mum" :lmao:

Cyrano
07-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Similarly my card lives in my wallet. I took it to WDW even thought it had no value there :rolleyes1

The troops and us love stolling up to Salon Mickey and being given exclusive access :goodvibes

liberty
07-23-2009, 12:49 PM
My card also lives in my purse.

And it does make me feel special to have smething like that!:goodvibes

poppyolivia
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I don't need one...my mammy says I'm special!!!!:laughing:

FiFi Rose
07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't need one...my mammy says I'm special!!!!:laughing:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

tennisfan
07-23-2009, 02:41 PM
I know I shouldn't gloat but I especially love using mine for discounts & people in the queue look to see how I managed it:thumbsup2

dlpSteve
07-23-2009, 03:58 PM
There's been a gap in my wallet ever since my first card ran out in October last year, not to mention having to pay full price in Disney Store!

Ware Bears
07-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I know I shouldn't gloat but I especially love using mine for discounts & people in the queue look to see how I managed it:thumbsup2

LOL! Me too! :rotfl:

dlpSteve
07-25-2009, 05:38 AM
My new membership card arrived today - I can feel special again :)

Cyrano
07-25-2009, 06:27 AM

Welcome back to the club Steve :goodvibes

Jonjo
07-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I know what you mean Steve, my card lives in my wallet too. It's great for those Disney Store discounts, especialy on the sale items too. I've saved loads on pins since the UK stores started selling pins.

Its worth the cost of the shares alone for the use of Salon Mickey and the discounts at the park.

tennisfan
07-25-2009, 04:35 PM

:woohoo:

Dis1978
07-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Sounds good. Where can I buy some shares from and how many do you need to get the discount card?
Do you get discounts off hotel rooms too?

lilacgems23
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
how much discount does it give you? i didnt know they expired, mines got no date on it

dlpSteve
08-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Dis1978 - I got my shares from selftrade.co.uk - you need 5 to be a member though that means you have to renew every 2 years and pay a fee every 2 years. If you buy 20 you still have to renew every 2 years but it is free to do so. Your membership card is your discount card and can be used in Disneyland Paris (yes, for rooms too - 20% off of room only and 10% off of package deals) and also Disney Stores outside Disney too.

lilacgems23 - 10% in UK stores and in Disneyland Paris you get 15% off of table service and buffet restaurants and in shops.

DLPdaft
08-01-2009, 06:44 AM
The list of discounts and priveleges for shareholders can be read here -

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/index-register.xhtml?tab=tab2#contentj

Selftrade have now imposed a management fee of around 40 per year, so I don't think many people here would now recommend selftrade to manage your 5 or 20 Euro Disney shares. There are other companies, like Halifax etc, who you can buy your shares with, and at the moment, they charge no yearly fee for holding them for you.

Dianetigger
08-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Just got back from Disney last night and yes I felt special using my Shareholders card for the first time - Salon Mickey was great and we nipped in here 4 times during our stay - it was lovely!

FloFlo71
08-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Do you get discount in US Disney stores or just UK and France?

dlpSteve
08-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Diane - we love going in Salon Mickey, it's such a classy and exclusive little place.

FloFlo71 - outside of Disneyland Paris the 10% discount in Disney Stores is only in Europe.

britchic4
08-02-2009, 03:48 AM
You guys have just reminded me I spent 50 in Disney Store 2 weeks ago and forgot to use my card. Doh!!!!!:headache:

dlpSteve
08-02-2009, 03:59 AM
I do that too many times in Disneyland Paris, I really should learn to take out my shareholders card first!

scald
08-02-2009, 07:42 AM
I never really thought about it much, but on recent trip my son asked what it was. I tried to explain it as best I could but he ran away with the notion that I own a piece of Disneyland. He spent the remainder of the trip asking me to point out which bit was mine:lmao:

On the way into Salon Mickey he was totally awed by the fact his mum was in a secret club, as he put it, and wanted to know if there was a special knock we should use on the door:rotfl2::rotfl2:

DLPdaft
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I never really thought about it much, but on recent trip my son asked what it was. I tried to explain it as best I could but he ran away with the notion that I own a piece of Disneyland. He spent the remainder of the trip asking me to point out which bit was mine:lmao:

But you do own a bit! We have decided we own a bit of IASW, but we can't agree on which bit (I want it to be the Egyptian winking girl :rotfl:)

jillrobinson
08-02-2009, 01:41 PM
But you do own a bit! We have decided we own a bit of IASW, but we can't agree on which bit (I want it to be the Egyptian winking girl :rotfl:)

That's my thing too, but the little Welsh girl :-)

scald
08-02-2009, 02:10 PM
I sort of reckoned that with my paltry 20 shares, its more like a handle of a loo door or something:rotfl2:

AmyMarie
08-06-2009, 07:25 AM
We have just become members!:) although no card yet:guilty:. But we should still get discount as they are sending us a letter so that we can feel special with our discount!!

Think its 15% but anything is better than nothing!

However, didn't know you could use it here too.

Where is this salon mickey as all of the times we have been there we have never heard of it??:thumbsup2

dlpSteve
08-06-2009, 08:22 AM
To the right of the main entrance turnstiles - you have to knock on the door and they let you in and take your card and tickets until you live. Then you just sit in exclusive luxary and enjoy free drinks and cakes!

AmyMarie
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks, we are goning to search for it in sep when we go!! It sounds fab!! Im guessing that the cakes are nice!!!

lilacgems23
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
what times is salon mickey open?

DLPdaft
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Salon Mickey is open each morning from 9am until 12 noon :).

Babiesmummy
08-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi just joined the forum as going to DLP in November and so far found loads of answers to questions I wanted to ask.
Just stumbled on this thread and was wondering if the shareholder discount can also be used in conjunction with Meal Vouchers ie if we go over the face value of the voucher do we get a discount off the remaining amount.

TIA

Cyrano
08-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi Babiesmummy . Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038), DIS posting guidelines can be found here (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm).

We have never used the HB vouchers so hopefully some one will chip in and help :)

Roon
08-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Soooo looking forward to going to Disney in October. Now the summer holiday has been and gone and is just a beautiful memory now, Disney here we come.

It will be our first time at Salon Mickey and I really cannot wait.

Hope you are all enjoying the summer

Dianetigger
08-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi just joined the forum as going to DLP in November and so far found loads of answers to questions I wanted to ask.
Just stumbled on this thread and was wondering if the shareholder discount can also be used in conjunction with Meal Vouchers ie if we go over the face value of the voucher do we get a discount off the remaining amount.

TIA

We had half board plus vouchers and we used them at face value at Cafe Mickey, Inventions and Walts.
Inventions and Walts took off the shareholders discounts for the difference but Cafe Mickey wouldn't saying it was because we used vouchers to pay. I accepted that as it was the first time we had tried to use both vouchers and shareholders.

dlpSteve
08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Used my new card for the first time on Saturday. I bought Denise's Mum, who has been staying with us, a Mickey Mouse T-Shirt (poster print syle on light powder blue shirt) which was priced at 12.00. Expecting to pay 10.80 I was delighted when the girl said it was 5.99! I gave her my card, she didn't know what to do with it so asked a supervisor. He told her 'Magic Kingdom Discount, 10%". She asked what the card I was and I told her it was because I was a Disneyland Paris shareholder - yay! I only paid 5.39 for the t-shirt and felt very special using my shareholder's card :)

Mum to Belle
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Result!! :thumbsup2

Mum to Belle
09-04-2009, 07:04 AM
It's here!!!!! I finally have my Shareholders Club Card!!!! :cool1::cool1::banana::yay::cheer2::cheer2: And, YES, I feel special!

Just can't wait to use it now, Paris here we come!!!

DLPdaft
09-04-2009, 07:06 AM
:goodvibes welcome to the club!!

Mum to Belle
09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Thanks! :goodvibes

tennisfan
09-04-2009, 08:57 AM
It's here!!!!! I finally have my Shareholders Club Card!!!! :cool1::cool1::banana::yay::cheer2::cheer2: And, YES, I feel special!

Just can't wait to use it now, Paris here we come!!!

Welcome to the club:goodvibes

Dianetigger
09-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah!! Welcome to the club!

Mum to Belle
09-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah!! Welcome to the club!

Welcome to the club:goodvibes

Thanks fellow cardholders!!! :thumbsup2