PDA

View Full Version : This has nothing to do with Swaps - Alamo discount codes

MegB
07-21-2009, 08:27 PM
This has nothing to do with swaps, but I noticed that a lot of you will also be at WDW over the next few months I thought this might be of interest to you. My family will be at WDW for the Free Dining Sept 18-27 and the prices for renting a minivan are terrible.

We go every year so I decided to look up the promo code that we used last year and it worked for this year too.

Contract ID # 7014664 ($249 base rate for a week)
Coupon Code: AD63514DS ($25 off)

Without using this coupon a minivan was in the $600-900 range (depending on what other codes I tried).

Hope this helps someone else out too.:flower3: We really like to have our own car and we travel with the grandparents, so a minivan is a must. But $600-900 is crazy money and I'm just never going to pay that price.

123SA
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks! I am going with 2 of my 3 kids, a week before you. I struggle every year with the car rental issue. THis year we are staying at AKL and I have read terrible bus reviews so I am a bit worried. I was planning on bringing lots of taxi money, but perhaps I should reconsider.

YodasMom
07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks! I am going with 2 of my 3 kids, a week before you. I struggle every year with the car rental issue. THis year we are staying at AKL and I have read terrible bus reviews so I am a bit worried. I was planning on bringing lots of taxi money, but perhaps I should reconsider.

Susan, Also check out Mousesavers.com for various rental car contract numbers and coupons. With National (and maybe also Alamo), you can use both the contract code and coupon numbers on the same deal. However, with many of the ones with coupon deals, you have to have the coupon with you. You can also print those out from the Mousesavers.com website. I got a better rate in May than in September, but it wasn't too much higher (for a compact size car). I love AKL but prefer having a car there.

MegB
07-22-2009, 06:13 AM
I always go to MouseSavers.com first and have tried every combination of codes posted there right now. But the combination of codes that are on this listing are the best I've found for a MiniVan in Septermber.

That's not to say that another combination of codes wouldn't be better for another type of car.:flower3:

lewdyan1
07-22-2009, 07:05 AM
As this is not swap related, I am moving it to the Creative community board. Thanks for sharing the info to help others!:thumbsup2 Have a great trip!:goodvibes

DisneyIsTerrific
07-22-2009, 07:26 AM

Susan, I've never had any problems with busses at AKL. There may be sometimes where you seem to wait longer than usual, but that happens at all the resorts.

123SA
07-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Susan, I've never had any problems with busses at AKL. There may be sometimes where you seem to wait longer than usual, but that happens at all the resorts.

THe bus threads are so hard to read -- how many buses is Disney dealing with? Sooner or later there is going to be a problem. At the Value resorts there is a queue for the bus, but the deluxe resorts don't have one -- is that right? That stresses me out - -I want to stand in line for my turn and I want everyone else to do the same. Anyway, I had been reading that the new problem is that the buses are arriving to the main lodge already full since they start at Kidani(?) So I was thinking to take taxis when I go places, but use the buses to come home. Well, when you add up the cost of all of those taxis -- I think it is more than a car rental!

DisneyIsTerrific
07-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I haven't been to AKL since the other part opened. When I've been there it's always been just the one stop. No, there isn't a line for the bus like at the value resorts, but I've found most people courteous and not pushing in front, but there are always some.

With you going in a busier time and with the new section open, it might be a good idea to get a rental car. That also will make it easier to go to DTD (I don't like the busses for that) and to go play miniature golf. We always use our car for those things.

YodasMom
07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
THe bus threads are so hard to read -- how many buses is Disney dealing with? Sooner or later there is going to be a problem. At the Value resorts there is a queue for the bus, but the deluxe resorts don't have one -- is that right? That stresses me out - -I want to stand in line for my turn and I want everyone else to do the same. Anyway, I had been reading that the new problem is that the buses are arriving to the main lodge already full since they start at Kidani(?) So I was thinking to take taxis when I go places, but use the buses to come home. Well, when you add up the cost of all of those taxis -- I think it is more than a car rental!

Yes, Kidani's opening (though I love, love, love that place) has created some new issues with regards to AKL's bus transportation and wait time, etc. But, no, I haven't had issues with people not being curteous at the resorts when boarding the buses. Depending on when you're going, the length of time you're planning on being there, the size of car you need, a rental car may be more cost effective.

I got a rate of $109 for a compact car for 4 days in Sept and will be using Park transportation the first and last day which are partial days anyway. The coupon code and contract rate above didn't give me as good of a rate for this size car, but that's how every deal differs. It takes a while to reseach them.

And, September always used to be the slowest time, but I suppose with all the free dining and other deals it will be much busier this year.