PDA

View Full Version : Disney depression

christinou
07-21-2009, 01:54 PM
We were supposed to leave this week-end for 14 nights, and we canceled. I am quite sad about it. It was a combination of too much work (not complaining about that it is better than no work) wanting to save money, and taking a break from Disney, we have gone quite a lot in the past 14 years. DH is not missing the drive, it is a long way for us driving the motorhome, the kids seem to be OK. I guess I just need to start planning for next year.

liv luvs disney
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Awe, sorry about the canceled trip.:hug: It sounds like your family has thought this through. There is always next year...and the next...and the next. I don't think Disney is going anywhere anytime soon.:) If your family is comfortable making next year's reservation, go ahead and do it. If ya'll are not ready, you can always set aside an envelope labeled "DISNEY" and contribute to it as you're able. The contributions could be monetary and/or a list of things you want to do, places you want to eat, etc. on your next visit. To me, planning is half the fun anyway.

CCIntrigue
07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I know how you feel ... last year we had to cancel our reservations because I had knee surgery. No better recuperation than planning your next trip!

PrincessNP
07-21-2009, 07:58 PM
We had an all expenses paid trip courtesy of my Mother-in-law for this October with all 5 grandkids......and she backed out! Canceled it for all of us! We are going for our usual 2 weeks in Dec and could not afford to do it ourselves. Not cool.

Reading the DisBoards helps with the Depression :)

murcor
07-22-2009, 12:47 PM
How disappointing......but sometimes it is necessary :sad1:

RocklandRVers
07-22-2009, 01:03 PM
We are also suffering from Disney depression. This will be the first Christmas since 2003 that we won't be at the Fort. DW's coworker with more senority chose that time for her vacation this year. We will stay with you all in spirit though. Just keep posting those photos. Its like we are there.