PDA

View Full Version : walk to Wilderness Lodge

Calway
07-20-2009, 03:56 PM
If I'm camping at the Fort, how far is it to walk or ride my bike to Wilderness Lodge?

liv luvs disney
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
According to Shan-man, and he would know!

It is just over a mile (1.07 to be exact!) and dead flat...
:santa:

Calway
07-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Can you drive their from your site or are you expected to take the bus, walk or pedal?

BradyBz12
07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
The only way to drive yourself to WL from FT is to exit FW and follow the main roads to the WL resort entrance.

The 1.07 mile "trail" at the lake end of FW is reserved for bikes and foot traffic only.

You can also catch a Disney bus or a boat.

SandrA9810
07-20-2009, 06:32 PM
The Orange bus travels from the outpost, up the center of the campgrounds to the settlement, then goes to Wilderness Lodge.
The Yellow and Purple bus run in a circle, turning into the other color at each end of the campgrounds... so if you ride yellow to the settlement, it will become purple to the outpost.

There's a walking/bike path along the river to WL. (Apparently there's a turn off some place that takes you back to a Cast Member break area for recreation and water craft.

Or you can get on a boat.

If you're at the Lodge, you can get on the Epcot bus and that will take you directly to the Outpost if that's where you need to go. I've done this a few times because it's shown up before the Orange bus.

Calway
07-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the relpies.

des1954
07-21-2009, 06:33 AM
If you don't care to walk or ride your bike, the little launch at the marina is a wonderful way to get to WL. It'll also take you to the C.R.

Calway
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I just made my Avd's this morning. I couldn't book a good time for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I guess we can still go there and check it out.
Does that boat go to WL first and then to the Contemporary?

des1954
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I just made my Avd's this morning. I couldn't book a good time for Whispering Canyon Cafe. I guess we can still go there and check it out.
Does that boat go to WL first and then to the Contemporary?

There are two launches that take different rotations. It's a crap shoot!