PDA

View Full Version : Going With The Flow Report - The Journey - 20th July 2009

wicket2005
07-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Morning everyone and it is an extremely early morning for me as I woke up just before 4 am. Who can sleep when you know what is happening today? I always feel exactly the same going to Orlando as I did when I was a kid and it was Christmas so no chance of getting back to sleep.

Ian is awake too so we have just had a coffee and a breakfast bar whilst we watch tv. I popped into the lads' room to charge my ipod and disturbed Gary but hopefully he will go back off to sleep, he usually has no problem doing this.

The best thing about today is it is our 24th wedding anniversary - how good is that and just where has that time gone to? Ian bought me a lovely necklace with an amber pendant. I love amber as it is so unique. I am going to get him something in Orlando as he is impossible to buy for.

The VS076 plane from Orlando is due in at 6.39 which is earlier than the 7.25 stated arrival time. If this is the plane taking us to Orlando, hopefully it will be on time.

Ian is trying to get back off to sleep now, shhh! and I feel like this:banana::banana::yay::yay::yay::yay::dance3::d ance3::dance3::dance3:
:dance3::cheer2: Thank goodness for the internet to keep me amused for a while.

Anyway with checking in yesterday we can just have a leisurely start to the day instead of having to get the lads up for check in for 6 am, happy days.

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 12:18 AM
http://twitpic.com/az209

This link takes you to my twitpic account, if you click on my name all the photos I have uploaded should come up or alternatively click on the thumbnails on the right hand side.:goodvibes

The airport is bustling already. Just taken a hay fever tablet as I don't want my allergy to be mistaken for flu. So it should clear up by the time we go for the bag drop. I feel like I dare not sneeze in case I am pounced on as a possible swine flu suspect when it is just my hay fever.

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 02:04 AM
I had a nice relaxing bath before my eyes felt really tired so I thought I better shut them for a while as I don't want the check in staff to think I will ill or anything. I asked Ian to give me a nudge at about 6.35 just before our plane was due in.

Ian had just done that when our plane came in for landing, I have always wanted to catch it doing that and it was fantastic to see it come in. It has actually parked at the closer bay that I can see from the window so I was able to get loads of photos of it.

The plane we will be going on is the English Rose.

Craig is up and Gary is in the bath, only 7 am so plenty of time. Craig just making me laugh as he is saying I should call him FS18 instead of DS18. FS stands for Favourite Son:rotfl:

http://twitpic.com/photos/wicket2005

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Bev's Holiday Tip Number One:

When using the iron in the hotel room ensure you check the setting the previous user left the iron on otherwise you may find you have burnt a huge hole in your shorts.:scared1:

mandymouse
07-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Morning Bev, have a safe and uneventful journey to Orlando, and I look forward to your updates :)

Have a great holiday

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Off to dump the bags and get through security now. Cya on the other side.:goodvibes

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Thanks Mandy. Bye bye for now.

irongirlof12
07-20-2009, 03:19 AM
have a fantastic time - Happy Wedding Anniversary :lovestruc:banana::lovestruc:banana::lovestruc:ban ana:

thelittlemermaid83
07-20-2009, 03:24 AM
Bev's Holiday Tip Number One:

When using the iron in the hotel room ensure you check the setting the previous user left the iron on otherwise you may find you have burnt a huge hole in your shorts.:scared1:

:rotfl2:

Have a safe flight Bev :)

natalielongstaff
07-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Happy Anniversary to you both xx

Hope the flight takes off on time :thumbsup2

wilma-bride
07-20-2009, 04:07 AM
Happy Anniversary, have a great flight and a safe journey. Just think, next time you post you will be there :cool1:

Pinky166
07-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Happy 24th Anniversary Bev & Ian!!! I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than boarding a plane to WDW. :banana:

Have a safe flight.

jjk
07-20-2009, 04:57 AM
happy anniversary, have a good flight :goodvibes

jen_uk
07-20-2009, 05:58 AM
Happy anniversary and have a great flight :cool1:

Loving the updates :thumbsup2

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Yay! Joh you are right there, next post is from Orlando. Thanks for the best wishes everyone. Flight took off actually 20 minutes early. Just currently waiting for Ian to pick the hire car up from Dollar, been 60 minutes from getting off the plane to waiting for the car which isn't too bad as we were on the back of the plane. The usual tip of going to the furthest right immigration desk worked a treat.

Just used my ipod on the plane, listening to music, Disney podcasts, reading a book and playing games, quite a versatlie little machine. I couldn't be bothered watching the films. Food okay.

Immigration now scan all your hand, just think of all those nasty germs going on the scanner. Left fingers, right fingers there, all a bit much when you are feeling a bit brain dead.

This morning was a bit of a rush as we left the hotel at 8 am straight through to bag drop then told boarding at 9.10, security was quite quick but by the time we had did this there was only about 1/2 hour to grab breakfast. Terminal 2 is totally redesigned and has a nice dining area unfortunately in the mad rush we didnt have time to explore it.

Bevś Holiday Tip Number 2

Do not assume that the green visa form will be exactly the same as the one you have completed on various trips. When asking for advice from a steward make sure they understand the question. Otherwise you will be redoing your visa waver forms for a good hour.

I cannot wait to see the back of these forms, hopefully on our next trip they will be gone.

cannp123165
07-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Happy Anniversary to you both! I am glad you have arrived safely - have a wonderful holiday! :)

darthtatty
07-20-2009, 03:52 PM
happy Anniversary Bev, glad the flight went well.
Have a wonderful holiday :)

suzycute
07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Great start to your almost live trip report! I loved your posts as you were waiting for the others to wake up, too excited to sleep!!

Hope you have a great trip and look forward to experiencing it along with you :thumbsup2

PS Hope the shorts you ironed at the hotel are still usable!

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 09:30 PM
I could still have worn those shorts though I don't think anyone viewing me from behind would have been happy.:rotfl:

Right back to the report. I thought Ian had fell for Dollar's upgrade push but he hadn't but we did have a bigger car than we had ordered. I don't know if they call them SUV or something like that. Dodge something I think. Sort of larger than a car but not quite a people carrier type of thing. It chuffs along okay.

I navigated perfectly to the RPR and Ian ignored Miss T Tom who has a habit of directing us not quite clearly. Sometimes I feel like I am competing against a real woman because itś like the Tom Tom is saying go this way so I am going this way even though I do sometimes know where I am going. Anyway successfully got Ian on the right track to the hotel. All told took us a couple of hours from landing to get to the hotel. There was a hold up a Dollar because two sets of people were not happy about the rental prices and were arguing so held up everyone else who had prebooked.

Check in at the Royal Pacific was straight forward, we had 2 rooms connecting which is what we wanted. The rooms are a lot brighter than they were and have more modern cons like ipod dock, flat screen tv and up to date coffee machine. However, we are on the 2nd floor so the view out of the window is a jungle which does make the room a little dark but we are not bothered.

After a quick freshen up we headed over to City Walk stopping at Bubba Gumpś for tea. This is the first time we have eaten there and we enjoyed the food. The staff were friendly and service was quick.

Following tea we waddled over to Universal. The new rollercoaster looks the business with its 90 degrees climb. Photos just don't do it justice. The park was quite busy and lines were 30 minutes plus but with FOTL we were virtually on straightaway. We didn't fancy standing through pre shows so just hit the ones without - The Mummy, Jaws, MiB. Our energy was starting to flag, Ian and Gary popped in the Horror Make Up Show which we originally went on Johś recommendation a couple of years ago.

It is really funny - especially the first time but they pick on a Mum to be part of the show and I really didn't feel up to being picked on so chickened out of going in. Gary enjoyed the show but Ian took the opportunity to have a quick snooze. He has the switch in his brain that he just hits and he is asleep (I wish I could do that). How he wasn't picked on for being asleep I just don't know as it isn't that big.

We walked back via City Walk picking up a Bubba Gump glass we had bought. Craig very much enjoys saying all the lines from Forrest Gump and making us laugh. He said Bubba's was his favourite restaurant for the themeing.

We bought some cold drinks to take back to the room as it is very humid and warm which is just what we wanted. Informed security that who ever had our room last had left the safe with its bolts out and preset to their code. Security is supposed to be coming up to reset the safe sometime but they better come before I finish this because I will be going to bed.

Ian is fast asleep as are the lads. Not too bad really as it our old time zone it is 2.30 am and both me and Ian were up at 4 so it has been a long day.

I am going to upload some photos to my Twitter account then post a new link here for you.

wicket2005
07-20-2009, 09:56 PM
http://twitpic.com/photos/wicket2005 photos added from today. Is anyone else here having problems viewing these photos as my brother couldn't see any when he looked?

jjk
07-21-2009, 02:47 AM
wow you did a lot, great day.

I could see your piccies :goodvibes

mandymouse
07-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Wow, you must be shattered Bev, what a busy day. Great photos too :thumbsup2

jockey
07-21-2009, 03:07 AM
Great day :) Brill pics too an your twitpic

Pinky166
07-21-2009, 04:04 AM
I don't know how you managed to go out for dinner & get some rides in! :worship:

We usually unpack & get room service as we are too tired to do anything else. :laughing:

cannp123165
07-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Great pictures - it is great you got into the park. You must have been very tired though! :)

cannp123165
07-21-2009, 04:20 AM
Great pictures - it is great you got into the park. You must have been very tired though! :)

wilma-bride
07-21-2009, 05:12 AM
Wow, great arrival day Bev - must be great to arrive, get fed and then just wander into a park. I must definitely consider staying at a Universal hotel one of these days.

Shame on you chickening out of the Horror Make-Up Show - whenever we have been, they always seem to pick a foreigner so you might have been safe. Thanks for the mention though - it's nice to know that people pick up on your recommendations and enjoy them :thumbsup2

You're probably still asleep right now (unless you're like me and wake at 5am nearly every morning :rolleyes:) so hope you have a great day to look forward to and I can't wait to hear more :)

thelittlemermaid83
07-21-2009, 05:25 AM
Great photos Bev!

wicket2005
07-21-2009, 05:53 AM
Morning

Glad you liked ironing tip, Emma. The shorts were quick drying ones that didnt appreciate a hot iron.

Joh, hiya, I am awake, woke up a while ago and was too excited to go back to sleep. I tried going to the bathroom and back without disturbing Ian but I swear he has invisible ropes to me, once I move he usually wakes up. Anyway told him it was early and to go back to sleep as he always wants to know what time it is when he wakes up. Hopefully he will make me a coffee in a minute.;);)

Normally we do not wake up this early on a first day as usually we stay out till 10 pm (3 am our time) when we arrive but we came back in earlier than usual. Saying that just thought I was still up till 3 am but didn't really feel tired when everyone else was flat out. No doubt it will hit me at some point.

Plans for today, we are planning to do something totally new and unheard of go to the Virgin Welcome meeting.:rotfl: This is being held at the Hard Rock Cafe at 8 am. Now before you wonder why (yay Ian has just asked me if I want a coffee) for my part is I am sure Virgin had in their brochure free parking at this hotel, but we have no vouchers or anything and as per usual the hotel is going to charge us so it is worth the 5 minute walk to ask a rep. On Ian's part it is probably because he saw FREE breakfast written on the note and free meal at the Hard Rock, he always likes a bargain. We will be going in a park at some point and once I have my list of which parks are the busiest or have EMH I will give the family a choice of where to go.

Thanks for letting me know about the photos. Ian just making me laugh because he is telling me he woke up still with his clothes on and in exactly the same position as he fell asleep. We were expecting the security guard to reset the safe and he was going to jump up and see to it but went straight to sleep instead. Anyway Ian is studying pizza delivery notes shoved under the door, now I cannot remember if these are okay to use or to be avoided so if any one can remind me please let me know.

Forgot to say I think the Immigration Officer was lovely yesterday and another one behind us was shouting people to ćome on down' like from the tv show. Anyway they didn't frighten me, probably also because I knew we had been accepted to travel to the US from completing the ESTA.

I also forget to introduce you to Mr Football, my stowaway that makes a holiday appearance every year. Notably he appears on the plane and takes a few days to disappear. Craig had a good laugh when he noticed it. I am talking about my tummy, I just hate that bloated feeling I get when travelling. Though Craig thought it had gone down by the night.

Pinky166
07-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Good Morning Bev & Co.

I am always awake by 5am too. Hope you have a fun day wherever you decide on going.

Hope you manage to fit lots of Pandora shopping in somewhere in your plans. ;)

TWyn
07-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Hello, Bev!

It's me, Bodie28, from Twitter. :))) Loving your trip reports and pics so far. It looks like you're having a wonderful time. I'm enjoying hearing about Universal, since I haven't been there since before my daughter was born. :) I'd love to go to Bubba Gump's someday. Hope you keep having fun and all goes well. Looking forward to hearing more! Take care!

Cyrano
07-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Really enjoying your live anniversary trip report :)
Especially impressed that you are loading up photos while at RPR :thumbsup2

wicket2005
07-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi Tammy nice to see you on this Board.:goodvibes

Hi Reid, hope you have recovered from your jet lag and looking forward to reading your reports when i get home.

Pegasus928
07-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Good photos there Bev - and really enjoying following a live trip report.

wicket2005
07-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks I am enjoying doing it.:goodvibes

Snowy-girls
07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
:cheer2: Happy Belated Wedding Anniversary :cheer2:

I am so sorry i have missed the start of your trippie :hug:.I have'nt been on the Dis much+not at all on this board :eek:.

I can see your pics and they are great :thumbsup2.I am ahead on the pics than the days-i love the pic of you wearing the moose's hat :thumbsup2.You+Ian make such a cute couple(hope i have'nt embarassed you)such a lovely family.

Ooops about the shorts :laughing:,i can imagine the looks with you wearing them=you would have got turfed out the airport for indecency let alone them thinking your hayfever was swine flu :rotfl2:.You could have always worn a pair of lime green knickers underneath the shorts with the words 'Do You Dis?' written on them on show :cool1:.

Hoping to eat in Bubba Gumps next time we go-it always gets great reviews.

Off to read the rest Bev-keep up the good work :thumbsup2.x.

wicket2005
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
lol, love it Michelle lime green knicks with do you DIS on them. You could be missing a marketing opportunity here, with DIS merchandise. Thanks for the compliments. I hope everything is okay with you and yours.