PDA

View Full Version : All packed and ready to go

WolfpackFan
07-18-2009, 02:36 PM
What do you all do on the day before you leave for WDW and you're all packed and ready to go, but can't leave yet. DW and myself have been scurrying around all morning packing. I went and got the car washed. I've cut the grass and got the blower out. We've washed clothes and turned dishwasher on. I've even found time to watch a few hours of the British Open. Now it's 2:30 and we're basically ready to go. If DD wasn't going with us, I'd tell DW let's just hit the road and head south :). But DD has some cats that have to be taken care of plus I know she is no where as organized as old Mom and Dad :rotfl2:.

So what do I do the rest of the day? We'll go out and eat supper because we don't want to mess up the kitchen or leave any leftovers. Has anyone else been in this situation - ready to go too early?

Flyerfan
07-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Well, we always leave on a Saturday and work the day before. Let me tell you though, that workday goes reeeeal slow. I know what you mean...I'd be ready to go too. I drive DH nuts because I always want to hit the road Friday night and drive a few hours just to get the vacation started. Sometimes I win. But if I did have hours to wait I'd probably sit on here reading everyone's trip reports. Have a great trip! :cool1:

travelbug
07-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Has anyone else been in this situation - ready to go too early?Just once I'd love to experience this, but I'm always packing right up till the last minute. I despise packing, so I tend to procrastinate. :rolleyes1

Have a wonderful time!!:)

dallastxcpa
07-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Boy I would be going Bonkers! :laughing: How about a nice long movie this afternoon.

Bill K
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
We make popcorn and watch 15 years of past disney vacation videos!:happytv:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:popcorn: :popcorn::

liznboys
07-18-2009, 03:24 PM
What do you all do on the day before you leave for WDW and you're all packed and ready to go, but can't leave yet. DW and myself have been scurrying around all morning packing. I went and got the car washed. I've cut the grass and got the blower out. We've washed clothes and turned dishwasher on. I've even found time to watch a few hours of the British Open. Now it's 2:30 and we're basically ready to go. If DD wasn't going with us, I'd tell DW let's just hit the road and head south :). But DD has some cats that have to be taken care of plus I know she is no where as organized as old Mom and Dad :rotfl2:.

So what do I do the rest of the day? We'll go out and eat supper because we don't want to mess up the kitchen or leave any leftovers. Has anyone else been in this situation - ready to go too early?

I have never experienced this... :rotfl::rotfl: However, if I HAD I may just say, let's go down tonight and get some place offsite! :teeth:

Have a great trip!! :)

Rose&Mike
07-18-2009, 03:51 PM
I am always doing laundry up until the last minute. DS always finds something that has to be washed or the world will end.:lmao: (Who says boys don't like clothes?) Have a great trip!

Tara
07-18-2009, 04:39 PM

Thanks for giving me something to aspire to! I hope in 110 days I have the same "problem"!!!

cj9200
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
How about you let DD know that you are leaving and if she wants to come, she needs to be ready? I know what you mean though. Usually, I am chomping at the bit to leave. Much pacing around the house. One time I could not sleep and left at 1 am.

Don't look at the clock, it will get there. Have a great trip.

Nikisha421
07-18-2009, 04:51 PM
I have been asking myself the same question all day...Ive been packed since yesterday...there is absolutely nothing to do and I mean nothing...the house is clean, the fridge is empty, the laundry is done, nothing on tv is 4:51 im just about to SCREAM!!!

hockeyprincess
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I am actually packing 2 days early this trip, and we're leaving Tuesday night to drive to the airport. There's a nice mall near there so we will walk around outside (it's an outside mall) and shop a bit, tire out the kiddos, and get ready for our EARLY flight the next morning. I typically take up the evening before driving to the airport, although it doesn't sound like you're flying, so my advice is no good! :goodvibes

We usually leave during the week and I typically work the last day, so that takes up a good part of the day. After driving 2 hrs plus supper, it's practically bed time!

quirty30
07-18-2009, 06:04 PM
LOL - count me among those who are doing laundry and up half the night still packing. I'm always too excited to sleep anyway, so it's just as well.

Have fun on your trip!

WilsonFlyer
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM

You can sit around and be sad for all of us that wish we were going with you. :lmao:

Have a ball, my friend. Looking forward to Sept 27. :woohoo:

fla4fun
07-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Add me to the list of people who has to work the day before. Not only do I have to work, but the co-worker I share duties with is taking the four days off before I go since he'll have a ten day stretch to cover while I'm gone. That should make the day go faster.

I plan to pack the weekend before (I'll have a washer/dryer in the room, so I don't have to pack a lot of clothes) and then just work as normal until it's time to leave. I actually have the suitcases laid out already and I've been gathering items in preparation. I plan to go over to the hotel early in the morning since I'm checking in to BLT opening day - all the rooms should be available first thing in the morning so I can get a room right away and start having fun!:thumbsup2 I usually end up working the day of check in, and just going to the resort after work so I don't have to wait around for a room. Not this time!