PDA

View Full Version : Christmas at Fort Wilderness Campground 2009

dalovett
07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Anyone else out there going to be at Fort Wilderness Campground for Christmas 2009?

Dave

retired and happy
07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Probably a lot of people, but we will be among them from mid December to early January. Our sixth or seventh year for this time of year. Decorations, golf cart parade, MBYBQ, Christmas dinner (maybe a pre-frozen ham or turkey breast with the trimmings, New Years eve....

Why do you ask?

Shan-man
07-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Lord willing we will be there through the 18th of December. Love Love LOVE the Fort at Christmastime!

:santa:

mikmouse
07-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Lord willing we will be there through the 18th of December. Love Love LOVE the Fort at Christmastime!

Dec 5 to 13. My bd and MVMCP Dec 6. Let's catch up!

YorkieMom
07-18-2009, 03:16 PM
We will be there Dec. 6 to 18.

Me, dh and Princess Hollie !!!

auntie
07-18-2009, 03:18 PM

Wow..I figured that was your busy time of year. :santa:
:rotfl:

dalovett
07-18-2009, 03:26 PM
Hey Ken and Judy, We were there last December. I love all the decorations of the campsites. It really puts you in that Christmas frame of mind. I made a Cinderella's Castle and had it timed to great Disney music. Did you see it by chance? We were in the 500 loop.
Would be great to meet some folks online and then meet them in person at Christmas.

Have a Magical day
Dave

CDNCruiser
07-18-2009, 05:47 PM
We have been there every December for the past 5 years, but we're going to miss this December.

We'll be at "the Fort" in October/November and head to California and Disneyland in December.

We've always wanted to see the Haunted Mansion decorated for Halloween/Christmas with all the Nightmare Before Christmas theming!

So this is our year!

But we'll see you all next December!

Tigger in Naples
07-18-2009, 05:56 PM
We were in the 500 loop also, saw your castle it was talk of the grounds, my wife is still talking about it to others. We are going to be there just after Christmas till after the 1st
of Jan. wanted to be sure to see the New Year fireworks. Hope to see your castle again.

LuckyinGa
07-18-2009, 06:01 PM
We'll be there Dec 17th - 27th!! Can't wait.

PACAMPER
07-18-2009, 06:51 PM
We will be there from the 24th to the 2nd of Jan. First time at X-mas

Dizney_Luver
07-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Shan has the elves on cruise control, working steady. He'll be back in time for the Big Night! :thumbsup2

CDNCruiser
07-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Hey Ken and Judy, We were there last December. I love all the decorations of the campsites. It really puts you in that Christmas frame of mind. I made a Cinderella's Castle and had it timed to great Disney music. Did you see it by chance? We were in the 500 loop.
Would be great to meet some folks online and then meet them in person at Christmas.

Have a Magical day
Dave

Dave,

I saw your castle last year and I was so blown away that I took a video and posted it on YouTube

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZpzL4FwymU&feature=related Watch it right to the end folks, it's a great show!

You did an awesome job, sorry we're going to miss it this year. See you in 2010 though! I want to try to capture a better video when I see it again!

Gary

dalovett
07-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks Gary and Tigger, I had a great time with the castle show. Met so many people it made my head swim. A few people said the only thing missing from the show was Tinkerbell. Well guess what, I think, I have figured out how to do that!!! So this year, Tinkerbell has agreed to make several special appearence's for me (she's such a sweetheart). Thank you Gary for posting the castle on Youtube, you are too kind.

We will be at Fort Wilderness from Dec 13 to the 27th. I can't wait!

Dave

retired and happy
07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Dave,

I just watched the video. I missed it last year, but my DW saw it with some looping relatives (double meaning). You did a fantastic job. We'll be sure to look for it this year. Our decorations are not as technical, but go mainly toward a variety of blowups, lights, etc. Last year DW drove our van just to haul blowups, but won't do that again. We both sideswiped the concrete construction lane markers on I-85 just south of Atlanta on the way home. I'm not sure they will ever finish that stretch, so we'll take what the cargo trailer can carry along with the golf cart.

Shan-man
07-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Dave! :welcome: to the camping boards. I was in 500 last Christmas too and met you a time or two. Your show was AMAZING and can't wait to see it again this year.

Shan-man
07-18-2009, 10:22 PM

Actually, we try to finish production by Thanksgiving, and by early December we are just doing wrapping and tagging. I have some top-elves who are perfectly capable of managing the wrapping without me. It's nice to work in a little break before the 'big dance'! :thumbsup2

Thanks for asking!

retired and happy
07-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Since we do not arrive until the 13th we may miss seeing those of you coming in earlier and leaving when we arrive.
(I always say we know how to clear out a place...:rotfl:)
We will be there on the 13th til January 3rd. Please stop by our site and say hello. Of course right now we do not know where we will be but we may be able to get the computer up and running the night of the 13th and post our site number. But you can't miss us. We have the old
RV with signs reading "The Hammett Crew" or "The Hammett's Rx". We also now have the mickey head lights with the green mickey head disboard sign hanging on his arms. On the 4th of July I decorated him with red, white & blue top hats (on both ears) and an Uncle Sam Coat.
Ken will try and get a pic of it on this site sometime tonight or tomorrow. Of course we had the large mickey mouse head ball to hang from the awning too.
Eldest daughter & best friend came in today as a birthday surprise for me. She has been painting all the Disney characters she drew in our stairwell a couple of years ago.
I have no artistic abilities so she would not let me do the painting. It was truly a surprise and a great gift. They also brought a homemade pound cake (my favorite), gifts and cooked dinner for us. I think I raised them right.:love:

Am counting the days til Disney again. Having 2 back surgeries on August 21 and 27th and the one thing getting me through those is knowing I should feel much better for our Christmas trip to Disney. We will spend Thanksgiving in the mountains of TN.

Enough of this chatter. Hoping to meet some of you in December.

Happy Disney to all of you from all of us Hammetts....

Ken, Judy and our 3 special Angels (4th one should be here on Tuesday...a foster child also medically fragile).

retired and happy
07-19-2009, 12:35 AM
Thank you for remembering my birthday. I turned 66
at 12:01 am. Most days, except for the bad back, I feel 46After the 2 back surgeries in August I should feel 46 all the time. I will really need the Disney trip this year.....can't wait.

Thanks again and God Bless You All.:thumbsup2

Judy (mom to 3 special Angels)

retired and happy
07-19-2009, 12:41 AM
You will all be tired of hearing from me so this will be my last post tonight.;)

Does anyone know of an inexpensive storage place we could rent to store all the Disney Christmas Blow Ups so we don't have to keep lugging them back and forth every year from Georgia? We would love a small place near FW.

Thanks for any help.

Judy, Ken and the Angels

armadafrfs
07-19-2009, 08:30 AM
We will be there from 11-18 Dec. This will be my kids (and mine) first time to Disney period, and my wife's first time during Dec. We are very excited. All of the books we consulted said this was about the best time to go to Disney.

29apr00
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM

Dec 5 to 13. My bd and MVMCP Dec 6. Let's catch up!

We will be there Dec. 6 to 18.

Me, dh and Princess Hollie !!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

we will be at the Ft for our 1st trip to the cabins 12/5 - 12/10 before we sail!! We are very excited for the Ft and can't wait for the campfire and movies and Chip and Dale and Wagon Rides and pony rides and petting zoo and fishing trip and EVERYTHING!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Jennifer and Family

Millermouseketeers
07-19-2009, 11:30 AM
We hope to be there 12/20 to 1/2. We still need 12/27,30 & 31.

merryweather20
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
You will all be tired of hearing from me so this will be my last post tonight.;)

Does anyone know of an inexpensive storage place we could rent to store all the Disney Christmas Blow Ups so we don't have to keep lugging them back and forth every year from Georgia? We would love a small place near FW.

Thanks for any help.

Judy, Ken and the Angels

https://www.ownerslocker.com/order/index.cfm

This is one of the DIS sponsors. Your stuff is probably bigger than 22" long X 20" wide X 13" high, but they do store some stuff "out of the box" from what I understand of the owners posts, and they seem to have a genuine interest in serving the storage needs of Disney vacationers. Plus they deliver to Disney :) Might be worth a call.

PrincessNP
07-19-2009, 02:28 PM
We go every year in December! LOVE IT! This will be our DD2 3rd trip (out of utero as we went when I was expecting her!) And our DD3mos first trip (Again she has been once before, too!)

Would love to meet some of ya'll. We hope to do a little more with the Christmas decorations this year and we will have a golf cart to help us travela round and catch all of the decorations at the Fort!

See you all soon!

Specularius
07-19-2009, 06:19 PM
My family and I will be there the 18th through the 27th. This will be our first Christmas and first time at the Fort as a Family. My wife has been to the fort a couple of times and I have been to the fort once in '95 just before Christmas. My wife and I are very excited, we haven't told the kids yet, this will be a surprise for them. We want to see how long it will take them to figure out where we are going.

dalovett
07-19-2009, 06:54 PM
My family and I will be there the 18th through the 27th. This will be our first Christmas and first time at the Fort as a Family. My wife has been to the fort a couple of times and I have been to the fort once in '95 just before Christmas. My wife and I are very excited, we haven't told the kids yet, this will be a surprise for them. We want to see how long it will take them to figure out where we are going.
Hey Specularius, be sure to bring your kids by to see my Castle show. We will be there from 12/13 to 12/27. Look forward to meeting everybody.

Dave

dalovett
07-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey Dave! :welcome: to the camping boards. I was in 500 last Christmas too and met you a time or two. Your show was AMAZING and can't wait to see it again this year.

Thanks for the "Welcome" Shan-man. Look forward to meeting you again.

Dave

freshlybarked
07-19-2009, 07:16 PM
This will be our first year there and it is only for a long weekend, mid-December. We want to do the Osborne lights, and the Candlelight Processional and MK. Lot to do in 2 days.

Boomer1
07-20-2009, 06:02 PM
We have reservations for 12/13 until 01/03. This will be our 6th Christmas at FW. We can hardly wait.:santa:

pmm0724
07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
We will be there 12/26 - 1/2!

dalovett
07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey Boomer1, look forward to seeing you guys at Christmas.

Have a Magical Day.
Dave

campingpug
07-22-2009, 09:56 PM
:santa:We will be there 12/19/09-1/03/10 can't get here soon enough!
Need a Ft. Wilderness fix.:woohoo:

5Days
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
We will be there Dec. 4-12. Can't wait. have been to WDW many times but never at Christmas. Looking forward to all the decorations and hopefully no crowds:santa:

Donna
DH - Pat
DD x2
DS

PrincessNP
07-23-2009, 09:51 PM

We are from Greenville SC and would love to see all the fellow Carolinians at the Fort!! Our dates are Dec 5-18.

jturling
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
We'll be in the cabins.Dec 5-12.

Captdonswife
07-24-2009, 05:21 PM
We will be at the Fort Dec. 26 - Jan 2. :cool1: We are bringing our 6 year old grandson with us - it is our birthday gift to him! We brought his brother in 2007 for his 6th. This will be our first time at the Fort and we are really looking forward to it. All the pictures of the decorations are great! I know I can't keep up but we will have something outside to light up our campsite.

Vicky

kmccain
07-24-2009, 06:30 PM
We will at the Fort 12/27 to 1/2 for our first trip at Christmas time! We are looking forward to the decorations:yay:

4daubers
07-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Be prepared to have an awesome Christmas trip with all things in the festive spirit. It was wonderful to hear Merry Christmas over and over again, hear Christmas music through out the parks, all the decorations, all the happy campers...it makes for wonderful memories.

Our first Christmas at the Fort was last Christmas and our next will be Christmas 2010. The Fort and WDW are wonderful any time of the year but there's extra magic during the Christmas holidays.

I hope all you have the best trip ever and will no doubt have memories for a lifetime!:love:

pmama
07-25-2009, 08:34 PM

Have a Magical day
Dave

Wow Dave the video of your castle show is very impressive. We plan to visit the fort and rent a golf cart for an evening. We will be there 12/11-12/16. I'd love to see your castle in person. Do you know when you will have it all set up? Also, do you know where you will be?

dalovett
07-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Wow Dave the video of your castle show is very impressive. We plan to visit the fort and rent a golf cart for an evening. We will be there 12/11-12/16. I'd love to see your castle in person. Do you know when you will have it all set up? Also, do you know where you will be?

We arrive on Dec 13th. I takes me about 10 hours to have everything ready. So, with any luck it should be up and running for you guys to see on the 14th. I have no idea where we will be. I would love to get on the 700 loop. But I guess its just a pot luck where they put you. I guess people will post there campsite # when they arrive at FW? I'm not totally sure how that works. Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys in person at the Fort.

Have a Magical day.

Dave

Shan-man
07-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Hey Dave, I was wondering if you would share the playlist you use for your show. In particular I'm interested in the medley of "Jingle Bells" "Sleigh Ride" "Bring out the Bells" that sounds like it is sung by Barry Manilow. I thought there was another medley that you used that ended with a horse whinny, but I can't seem to find it in either YouTube video. Anyway, I'm a big Christmas music buff and would love to know where these songs came from. I can't wait to see your display again, the videos just can't do it justice!

Shan-man
07-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey Dave, I was wondering if you would share the playlist you use for your show. In particular I'm interested in the medley of "Jingle Bells" "Sleigh Ride" "Bring out the Bells" that sounds like it is sung by Barry Manilow. I thought there was another medley that you used that ended with a horse whinny, but I can't seem to find it in either YouTube video. Anyway, I'm a big Christmas music buff and would love to know where these songs came from. I can't wait to see your display again, the videos just can't do it justice!

dalovett
07-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Hey Shan-man. The Jingle Bells song is a "Kay Thompsons" version. The Wish Upon A Star sequence is a combination of "Eric Kunzel" (it's a Disney, music CD, I can't recall the name right now) and the "Disney Wishes" CD. I took several cuts from Wishes and added (a little sound editing involved) them to Wish Upon A Star. This year I have made some changes to the Wish Upon A Star sequence. I have added "Tinker Bell" and a whole new ending that I think is even more Disney than last year. This year I am working on a new Disney sequence. Its from the "Disney, Holiday Wishes" CD. This sequence has been in the works for several months. I should have it done buy the end of October. I hope that answers some of you questions.

Dave

dalovett
07-25-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey Shan-man. Late note: the Jingle Bells song is sung by "Michael W. Smith". Oops,,,,,
Dave

Shan-man
07-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Sure appreciate it. BTW, I bought the Christmas Wishes cd a couple of months ago and have been wearing it out! I love it! Looking forward to Tink's debut at FW!

ladcraig
07-28-2009, 04:31 PM
I am so excited. My parents bought an RV and we came down for a few days this past Jan. (when it was REALLY cold). We had a wonderful time so we decided to come down for a few days in Dec. (6th-12th). I can't wait to see Disney at Christmastime. We have heard about people decorating their campsites and would like to do the same. Anyone got any pictures? Boy, I'd love to see that castle, but I think that will come after we leave.

dalovett
07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
I am so excited. My parents bought an RV and we came down for a few days this past Jan. (when it was REALLY cold). We had a wonderful time so we decided to come down for a few days in Dec. (6th-12th). I can't wait to see Disney at Christmastime. We have heard about people decorating their campsites and would like to do the same. Anyone got any pictures? Boy, I'd love to see that castle, but I think that will come after we leave.

Hey Ladcraig. The decorations are AWESOME. Just stay 2 more nights (it's only money) and I will have my castle ready. Would love to meet you guys in person.

Dave
Have a Magical day

dalovett
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Shan-man. Just curious. Do people post there site #'s on this site when they arrive at Fort Wildeness? I'm not sure how it works.

Dave

dalovett
07-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Shan-man. Just curious. Do people post there site #'s on this site when they arrive at Fort Wildeness? I'm not sure how it works.

Dave

dalovett
07-28-2009, 09:07 PM
We'll be there Dec 17th - 27th!! Can't wait.

Hey LuckyinGA. You guys HAVE to come over and see my castle. Would love to meet you guys in person at the Fort in December.

Dave
Have a Magical day!!

tloveswdw
07-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Decided to give a real gift to the family... a return to the fort! Cabin Dec 19-27.

Honestly, we loved the Fort so much in June, I am convinced it is the best vacation.

I think Santa will visit the children, and I will take a Fort vacation for my Christma/birthday/anniversary gift!

Cannot wait to see all the decorations.

Shan-man
07-28-2009, 09:24 PM

Dave

Sure, you can share your site number... but if you do I would not share your itinerary (when you will be at which park/restaurant). Doing so just advertises when you will not be at your site. Perhaps a little over-cautious, but you never know who might be lurking. No better way to ruin a vacation than to suffer a break-in.

dalovett
07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Decided to give a real gift to the family... a return to the fort! Cabin Dec 19-27.

Honestly, we loved the Fort so much in June, I am convinced it is the best vacation.

I think Santa will visit the children, and I will take a Fort vacation for my Christma/birthday/anniversary gift!

Cannot wait to see all the decorations.

Hey Tloveswdw. You will love the decorations. Look forward to seeing you guys in December .

Dave
Have a Magical day

dalovett
07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Sure, you can share your site number... but if you do I would not share your itinerary (when you will be at which park/restaurant). Doing so just advertises when you will not be at your site. Perhaps a little over-cautious, but you never know who might be lurking. No better way to ruin a vacation than to suffer a break-in.

Ain't that the truth.

Dave

Vicatron
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM
We are excited to spend our 2nd trip to the fort and first at Christmas Dec 19-26! I just finished painting my Wall-e, Eve and Stitch Christmas decorations and hope they look great in comparison to the amazing decor I have already seen. Cant wait to see the Castle!

clkelley
08-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Thanks for any help.

Judy, Ken and the Angels

I don't know how much room you need, but I use an Owner's Locker.

www.ownerslocker.com

A couple or three of those have to be cheaper than storage in the Orlando area.

dalovett
08-15-2009, 03:12 PM
We are excited to spend our 2nd trip to the fort and first at Christmas Dec 19-26! I just finished painting my Wall-e, Eve and Stitch Christmas decorations and hope they look great in comparison to the amazing decor I have already seen. Cant wait to see the Castle!

Hey Vicatron, can you tell a little more about your Wall-e, Eve and Stitch decorations?

Thanks,
Dave

Vicatron
08-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey there!

I painted big cutouts of them all. I am a H.S art teacher so I was aching for a summer project. I have Wall-e with a Christmas tree in his boot, I intend to cover him with old fashioned big bulb Christmas lights. Eve is just hovering and laughing at him, and she will be also coattached to Wall-e via lights. Stitch came out lovely and he is wrapping a present for Lilo, and making a mess. (He was from some great clip art)- You cant miss our Bus- we will be in a big brown Wanderlodge, named Brigadoon. Its our first Christmas, and its a big secret to my 5 yr old!

m1tchells
08-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Other than a few small trips throughout the years, we usually tried to schedule a longer trip (anywhere from 2-4 weeks) every October. Fabulous weather and the bonus of all of the Halloween decorations and trick-or-treating. Two years ago, we changed our dates to January in order to take our nephew just following his Christmas break. And last year we had to postpone our October trip and ended up going for the 1st 2 weeks of January again. While we were there, I decided that I wanted to make a fitness goal of participating in the 1/2 marathon this January. Made my 2010 reservations in January 09 and was only able to get 01/02 - 01/20. Been trying to add 12/30, 12/31 and 01/01 for months but no luck yet.:sad2: Anyway, tons of sites were still decorated and weather was still great. So we are thinking of making our "big trip" each January and making the Marathon weekend a tradition.

Speaking of that...I am having difficulties pinning down the reservation CM's on when the campground is open for advanced reservations. I was told 499 days, but then was told that they don't release the campsites until later than that and I should call back in October. Just really want to get NewYears for Next Year since it looks like I might be out of luck for this year. Any info?

dalovett
08-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Hey there!

I painted big cutouts of them all. I am a H.S art teacher so I was aching for a summer project. I have Wall-e with a Christmas tree in his boot, I intend to cover him with old fashioned big bulb Christmas lights. Eve is just hovering and laughing at him, and she will be also coattached to Wall-e via lights. Stitch came out lovely and he is wrapping a present for Lilo, and making a mess. (He was from some great clip art)- You cant miss our Bus- we will be in a big brown Wanderlodge, named Brigadoon. Its our first Christmas, and its a big secret to my 5 yr old!

WOW, can't wait to see it. Sounds like your summer project was a lot of work. Actually a labor of love, I'd bet. Look forward in seeing you guys at the Fort. Will keep and eye out for that big brown Wonderlodge. Your 5 year old is going to freak-out.

Dave

Trigal
08-16-2009, 05:21 PM
We are going on the Wonder from 12/13 to 12/17 and then will move over to FW to finish off the week. Looking forward to seeing all the decorations. We will be down in the 2000 loop because we have a little pop-up. But don't worry we will be making the rounds on our mountain bikes to check out all the decorations. Can't wait - this will be our 6th trip to FW this year - we live so close that we have gone over and spent several weekends. :banana:

dalovett
08-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Hey Trigal, we to live pretty close (Titusville, 1 hour away) and spend a lot of time at Fort Wilderness. Look forward in seeing you guys in December.

Dave
Have a Magical day.

dalovett
08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
When you do a 10 day online advance check-in can you request certain camp sites? I have one thing that is critical for my Castle show. I need a tree that is on the right/front side of my motorhome. I have identified 12 sites that will work. I just hope I can get one of them. Anyone know if you can get sites that you request???

Dave
Have a Magical day

BradyBz12
08-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I am having difficulties pinning down the reservation CM's on when the campground is open for advanced reservations. I was told 499 days, but then was told that they don't release the campsites until later than that and I should call back in October.

Unless something has changed recently, it's 499 days for campsites too. In fact I booked our Preferred Pet site for this November right at the 499 mark in '08.

dalovett
08-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Unless something has changed recently, it's 499 days for campsites too. In fact I booked our Preferred Pet site for this November right at the 499 mark in '08.

Can you request a specific site??

Dave

PooooohBear
08-22-2009, 06:22 PM
We will be there from Dec. 19th thru Jan 2nd.

BradyBz12
08-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Can you request a specific site??

You can request one, but it's just a request - there's no guarantee you'll get it, particularly during busy times of year.

Prevailing wisdom is to specify what you NEED in a site (near the CS or bus stop, close to dog walk, room for slides...) instead of a specific loop/site request.

That said, we usually go during a slower time of year and always put our top 3 choices and why we'd like them on our ressie, and then followed up with a fax a few days before we arrive, and so far we've had very good luck getting what we requested. :thumbsup2

Conan the Librarian
08-24-2009, 07:30 PM
The Conan Clan will be down from Dec 13 thru the 18th.

We don't know yet if we'll be two or three at that point.

Conan the Librarian
08-24-2009, 07:31 PM
duel post

Shan-man
08-25-2009, 10:13 AM
The gauntlet is cast down and I shall rise to avenge! Let fly your scabbard and make your blade sing, for vengeance is mine and the glory the Lord's!! ... what? ohhhh! You meant

"Dual post"

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/Web%20Graphics/sc_rofl.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist... the whole Conan duel thing got me carried away http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/Web%20Graphics/sc_wink.gif
http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/Web%20Graphics/ShantaClausSm.png

Conan the Librarian
08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
I say "NI" again to you!

dalovett
08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey Shan-man,
You are a riot. That is the best laugh I've had all week

Dave

Shan-man
08-25-2009, 09:31 PM
You must bring us a.... shrubbery!

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/Web%20Graphics/ShantaClausSm.png

BradyBz12
08-25-2009, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UbtcmjfKa8
(ni)

rolly128
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
we've never gone to ft. wilderness for christmas, but we've been there every year since 2004 for easter. what a great time it is being there. they've always got some great activities for the kids, and even for us adults. you're actually talking to the reining hot dog eating champion for easter 2009! most of all we enjoy the dodge ball contests and camp fires!

Shan-man
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Hey Dave, I'm thrilled just to have some folks who "get me"... finding it funny is nothing but gravy!

dalovett
08-26-2009, 01:42 PM
That must me the "Knights who say Ni" or is it "It's only a flesh wound".

Dave, also a Python fan

BradyBz12
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
your mother was a hamster and you father smelt of elderberries....

Conan the Librarian
08-26-2009, 05:28 PM
In comedy, timing is as important as the punchline.

bcejohnson
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM
We arrive on Dec 13th. I takes me about 10 hours to have everything ready. So, with any luck it should be up and running for you guys to see on the 14th. I have no idea where we will be. I would love to get on the 700 loop. But I guess its just a pot luck where they put you. I guess people will post there campsite # when they arrive at FW? I'm not totally sure how that works. Anyway, look forward to seeing you guys in person at the Fort.

Have a Magical day.

Dave

I'm so excited to hear this. My daughter's 12th birthday is the 15th and we would love to take a carriage ride and see your castle show. Thanks for giving your time & energy to make magical memories for others.

FWHappyCamper
08-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Can anyone tell me how long the Christmas decorations are up in January? We wanted to come in Dec., but that will not work for us. So we will be there Jan.16-22nd. And we were hoping that the decorations will still be up. Thanks!

stacktester
08-29-2009, 07:17 AM
Can anyone tell me how long the Christmas decorations are up in January? We wanted to come in Dec., but that will not work for us. So we will be there Jan.16-22nd. And we were hoping that the decorations will still be up. Thanks!

I doubt that long. If possible I'd do a day trip if possible.

dalovett
08-30-2009, 06:42 PM

What I have been told is most decorations come down after the first week in January.

Dave

dalovett
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm so excited to hear this. My daughter's 12th birthday is the 15th and we would love to take a carriage ride and see your castle show. Thanks for giving your time & energy to make magical memories for others.

Thanks for your kind words. Look forward to meeting you and your family at Fort Wilderness.

Dave
Have a Magical day

ms_missy66
09-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm so sorry if this is a huge faux pas, but I'm getting desperate. While I hate to capitalize on folks having to cancel, I beg of you... if you are going to cancel anytime for any amount of days between December 26th and January 1st, please please please *on my knees* please please send me a private message. We've got a 31 ft. travel trailer and would take any site that will accomodate that.

We got our trailer in June and I've been trying to book something at FW since then with no luck. I check back every few days. *sigh* What's funny is that a few WDW trips ago, my hubby got a little grumping saying, "I think it's time we take a break." We've been back three times since. When I was telling him last night that I thought we were probably going to have to plan to not go at Christmas, he got all pouty! LOL Addict. ;-)

To those of you already with ressies, have a wonderful time!! WDW during the holidays is just unbelievable!!

freshlybarked
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
December is a busy time at work for DH, but for the first year we have managed to grab 2 nights/3 days in mid-Dec. I'm thrilled. So much to do and so little time to do it. We'll fit it all in if it kills us. LOL

LuckyinGa
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Okay, I know it's a little early but I have major OCD when it comes to getting things done. Today I spent the day going through all of our Disney decorations and organizing everything. I packed all the lights together, the inflateables together, the tree and shrub decorations together, the plush decorations together. DH swears we don't have room to bring everything. If I have to, I'll follow him in the RV with my truck and decorations!! :thumbsup2

Now I'm going to tackle making our Mickey wreaths, some golf cart decorations that I want to make, window clings and magnets and then I will work on our t-shirts.

I only have 105 days!! :eek: I wish I could say just say bippity boppity boop and have it all done. :wizard:

RoguePony
09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
We'll be there from 12/6 to 12/19!

Last year during MouseFest, some friends (zakerdog here on the DIS) and I put together a tour of Fort Wilderness campsite decorations. We walked around, enjoying the decorations (I even had my golf cart so people who were tired or can't walk a lot could ride.), then went to one site for a little dessert party, and ended with going to the beach for the water parade. It was a great night; for the people who loved the Fort, we got to enjoy all the decorations, but for the people who had never been past Pioneer Hall (or not even done that), they were blown away by the resort and finally could see why we love it so much.

Would anyone here be interested in doing this? People are coming in for what would be MouseFest and having meets; I'd love to do this with all the Fort enthusiasts here. The dates are December 10th to the 14th.

I made a Cinderella's Castle and had it timed to great Disney music.

Your show was fantastic!! I went to your site a few times and hung out just to see the different songs! I'm definitely going to see it again!

thomasclan85
09-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone else out there going to be at Fort Wilderness Campground for Christmas 2009?

Dave

I wish we were. :santa:

dalovett
09-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Hey RoguePony, look forward to meeting you again at the Fort.

Dave

BradyBz12
09-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately (well not really) we're milking every last drop out of our current APs so we'll be there a month earlier this year. I'll definitely miss the holiday festivities, but hey - at least Osborne is starting early again this year! :santa:

Shan-man
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
'Nique, you need to extend your stay! At least through the 4th!

BradyBz12
09-04-2009, 12:40 PM
I really wish we could - we're bummed we're going to miss out on meeting so many of you all.

Well.... *I* could - I have a laptop and can work from anywhere. :upsidedow

Unfortunately DH is already stretching his vaca time so we can be there for 3 weeks. And somehow I don't think he'd love the thought of heading home and leaving me and the pups at the Fort. :rolleyes:

Waaaaa.... I guess we'll have to plan to meet up with y'all next year. :santa:

Shan-man
09-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Waaaaa.... I guess we'll have to plan to meet up with y'all next year. :santa:

This will probably be our last Christmas season at the Fort as I plan to 'go pro' next year. So unless I get hired by Disney (or Universal or somewhere else convenient to the Fort) our future trips will be during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden (or maybe even MNSSHP). I will sorely miss Christmastime at the Fort though, it's the BEST time to go!

HappyCamper519
09-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Christmas/New Year trip from 12/21/09 to 1/1/10!

Can't wait. Taking another family to FW with us this time. (Their first trip to Disney!!!) 10 of us in a camper built for 8...What a wonderfully, magical trip this is going to be! :santa:

Shan-man
09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure the moniker "Happiest Place on Earth" extends all the way to the campground, so proceed with caution! http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w359/SLSettles/Web%20Graphics/sc_rofl.gif

railmail
09-06-2009, 09:22 AM
We've never been to the Fort during Christmas. I'm sure it must be a very magical place, with awesome decorations. Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

BradyBz12
09-08-2009, 10:42 AM
This will probably be our last Christmas season at the Fort...

:sad1:

So unless I get hired by Disney (or Universal or somewhere else convenient to the Fort) our future trips will be during Food & Wine or Flower & Garden (or maybe even MNSSHP).

Well fingers crossed there!!

And I'm sure we'll be there during those times too - right now our plan is to get 2 annual trips out of 1 set of APs, which means every other year we're there a bit early. This year we're sneaking in for the last week of F&W which I'm really looking forward to as we haven't done that in a long time.

I'm sure our paths will cross eventually! :santa:

BradyBz12
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

For the actual week of Christmas - yes, insanely busy and books up MANY months in advance. I'm still planning to brave that week one of these years and when I do, I'll be sure to put my ressie in 499 days out. :thumbsup2

But the first 3 weeks in December (starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving) aren't quite as crowded - although you do still generally need to book early as the Fort gets more and more full the closer you get to Christmas.

It's a fabulous time to go! :santa:

PACAMPER
09-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I have 12/31 & 1/1 booked in afull hook up site. I would like to change this to a prefered site because I have 12/23 to 12/31 booked in a prefered. Any one interested in the switch?

PACAMPER
09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry for the mistake in the previous post it is a premium site not a prefered!

Shan-man
09-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Is it usually booked up several months in advance? Must be very crowded then.:santa:

Yes, the Fort books solid months in advance for the weeks around Christmas. But, even when the Fort is full it still doesn't feel crowded. The main difference I notice is the crowds at the bus depots and boat dock... you won't have a launch all to yourself at Christmas, unlike some other times of the year. I have never had to wait for a shower even when the Fort is full, though that may not be the case in partial loops (where folks don't have their own showers).

HIH

OK GRUMPY
09-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Were gonna be there December 30 to Jan. 5 I can't wait. It's not coming soon enough!

bgula
09-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I've been trying for a while now to get a ressie from Dec. 28 into Jan., but no luck. Earliest anything opens up is Jan. 2 and that's a tent site. Looking online only - wonder if calling would make any difference?

Think my chances might improve at the 45-day mark?

BradyBz12
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
It's worth a shot to call, and try at the 45 day mark.

This is THE busiest week of the year at WDW so it's possible the Fort has been booked up solid for quite some time. A couple of years ago I started trying in January to get a Thanksgiving week ressie and finally gave up in August - and Thanksgiving is nowhere near as busy as Christmas-New Years week.

I'd actually keep trying every day too - cancellations pop up here and there and you just might get lucky and snag something. Good luck!

These days as soon as I have an inkling of when we'll be going, I make our ressies at the 499 day mark to be safe.

m1tchells
09-10-2009, 11:34 PM
We made our reservations for this January during our trip last January and even then I was only able to get from 01/02 - 01/20. Have been trying to add 12/30 till 01/02 to our dates for about 4 months now....with no luck!:headache: Never again! Already booked the New Years holiday for 2011! Now just waiting for them to release the January 2011 dates...but those should be easy enough!

RoguePony
09-11-2009, 08:52 AM
wonder if calling would make any difference?

Think my chances might improve at the 45-day mark?

The online reservation and calling access the same database; that's what they told me, so it doesn't make a difference that way. The only thing would be if someone canceled while you were on the phone and they happened to catch it. So calling is good when you can't be at your computer.

The Fort books up for December starting, no lie, in May. We went through this last year. It took me from May to October to get the days we needed; you have to wait for people to cancel their trips or at least knock off days. It got to be that I'd have the web page open and would put in each day individually every 30 - 45 minutes. It's the only way I got it. Once I had everything, Disney put the separate days into one reservation. This year, we booked in Feb. because we were afraid of it happening again.

Even Bob Iger made a press statement last year saying he's amazed how well Fort Wilderness does.

Good luck!

dalovett
10-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Hey Shan-man,
When in December are you arriving and departing at the Fort (I can't find the old post that had that info)? We arrive the Dec 13th,,, WOW,,,, thats only a couple of months away !!!!!!

Thanks,
Dave

Shan-man
10-06-2009, 09:08 PM
We have the site reserved through the 18th but need to cut it down. Oh wow, you arrive the 13th!? We leave the morning of the 14th! Will you have the castle set up the first night? I will be devastated if I miss your new show!

dalovett
10-06-2009, 09:36 PM
We have the site reserved through the 18th but need to cut it down. Oh wow, you arrive the 13th!? We leave the morning of the 14th! Will you have the castle set up the first night? I will be devastated if I miss your new show!

It takes me about 8 hours to put up the show. We arrive on the 13th around 2 PM. The first show is going to be on the night of the 14th. Crap. You should change your departure date to the morning of the 15th (If you stay, I"ll make it a point to have a couple of VERY nice bottles of wine on hand for the night of the 14th????). Just trying to intice you.

Dave

LuckyinGa
10-07-2009, 12:37 PM

Shan, we arrive on the 17th. You really need to extend your stay until the 18th!!! I'll have hot buttered rum and cookies on hand for you!! ;0)

dalovett
10-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the help LuckyinGa. Hey Shan-man, are you getting the message????
I'll even through in a "waffer thin mint".

Dave

LuckyinGa
10-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Dave, we can't wait to see your castle while we are there and looking forward to saying hello in person. :santa:

Shan-man
10-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm going to do my best to stay one extra night... no other incentives are needed, your show is reason enough (though I'll happily accept a glass or two since you're pouring!). I sure wish I could stay long enough to meet Joanne in person, but alas there is no way... you'll just have to come earlier!

dalovett
10-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm going to do my best to stay one extra night... no other incentives are needed, your show is reason enough (though I'll happily accept a glass or two since you're pouring!). I sure wish I could stay long enough to meet Joanne in person, but alas there is no way... you'll just have to come earlier!

Fair enough.
I understand that is you are very busy that time of year. An extra night would be great.

Dave

dalovett
10-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Dave, we can't wait to see your castle while we are there and looking forward to saying hello in person. :santa:

Hi Joanne, look forward to meeting you guys to.

Dave

dalovett
10-25-2009, 07:51 PM

Hey Shan-man.
Did we talk you into staying one extra night?

Dave

mikmouse
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM

Hi SM, We arrive on Dec. 5 through 14. Sure would love to meet a local boy in person. Happened to meet Stacktester last year just before we were leaving for home. I had just started DIS then but now I feel I know most of you. :yay:

ElementCamper
10-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Saturday the 5th until Saturday the 12th. Note: The ElementCamper will not have its conversion yet. Having an Ecamper made this spring and going to DL while they work on it!:yay:

Tent camping this time, and requested loop 2000 as have always stayed 1500, want to see how the other half lives!:thumbsup2

Shan-man
10-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Hey Shan-man.
Did we talk you into staying one extra night?

I'm sure gonna try!

Shan-man
10-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Hi SM, We arrive on Dec. 5 through 14. Sure would love to meet a local boy in person. Happened to meet Stacktester last year just before we were leaving for home. I had just started DIS then but now I feel I know most of you. :yay:

Yes, indeed! I look forward to meeting you as well. I should be in 300 loop and should be pretty easy to spot... just look for Santa in a burgundy golf cart!

gots2pitt
10-29-2009, 08:35 PM
November 29 to December 7... look forward to bumping into some of you.. :cool1:

dalovett
11-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Hey Shan-man, have you decided to stay an extra night????

Dave

disneychck
11-07-2009, 05:12 PM
we will be arriving on the 31st of Nov, and staying till the 19th of Dec. Christmas time at FW is the best!!!!

dalovett
11-08-2009, 12:08 AM
we will be arriving on the 31st of Nov, and staying till the 19th of Dec. Christmas time at FW is the best!!!!
Hey disneychck, look forward to meeting you guys at the fort!

Dave

notallboys
11-08-2009, 06:55 AM
We will be at the Fort December 15-December 21. I am so excited because this will be the first time our family has been all together in over two years. Two of my son's serve in the military (one is a Marine and one is a Sailor) so getting their schedules to match has been quite the challenge. Cannot wait!

grumpythis
11-08-2009, 08:45 AM
there are only 30 days in November

pmama
11-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Wow grumpy!!! Member since March and this is your first post. Interesting:laughing:

WannaBeImagineer
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey everybody, I've been lurking for a long time, but just wanted to say thanks for all the updates and I love checking this site everyday to get my Fort fill.

We love FW, especially around Christmas, we'll be there Dec 10th - 13th, (its a suprise trip for my girlfriend). Woohoo, I can't wait!

Everyone on here sounds crazy fun, and I hope to meet some of you while we're there.

Atlanta WDW Fan
11-09-2009, 04:33 PM
We'll be there on the 29th through the Dec. 5th. Our first trip to the world during the holidays. We are getting very excited now! We'll be in the big blue and orange Jeep tent. We'll have an inflatable "band" at our site! See ya there!

LuckyinGa
11-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Just thought I would share the hat I made for our golf cart:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/LuckyinGa/DSCN3258.jpg

Fort Tapestry with my small Fort Pin Collection:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/LuckyinGa/DSCN3260.jpg

disneychck
11-11-2009, 03:40 AM
LuckyinGa, Love your decorations! I will have to keep my out for you. And castleman, we saw your castle last year but never realized you had a light show as well. I only saw it in the dark and was still impressed. Now I am definitely looking forward to seeing it in all its glory!!!

Shan-man
11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Just wanted to let y'all know, I just released several Preferred campsite nights: Nov 29-30, Dec 1, 2, 15, 16. The agent said they will be available shortly, though I'd always heard the next am. Anyhow, now might the time to pick up those extra days!

dalovett
11-13-2009, 10:43 PM
LuckyinGa, Love your decorations! I will have to keep my out for you. And castleman, we saw your castle last year but never realized you had a light show as well. I only saw it in the dark and was still impressed. Now I am definitely looking forward to seeing it in all its glory!!!

Hey disneychck, look forward to meeting you guys at the Fort !!!

Dave

dalovett
11-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to let y'all know, I just released several Preferred campsite nights: Nov 29-30, Dec 1, 2, 15, 16. The agent said they will be available shortly, though I'd always heard the next am. Anyhow, now might the time to pick up those extra days!

Oh man, I am really bumbed out. Sure gona miss you this year shan-man.:confused3

keylime359
11-14-2009, 08:48 AM
We will be there December 22- 26! Hope to see some of you there:santa:

dalovett
11-14-2009, 12:28 PM
We will be there December 22- 26! Hope to see some of you there:santa:

Hey keylime359, look forward to seeying you guys at the Fort!

Dave

kaguilbeau
11-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Dave,

You can add me to your list! We'll be there Dec 12 - 18. Probably in Loop 300 as I've reserved a preferred and have dogs.

Hopefully I'll have my new Mickey Lamp Post out!

See you then!

DisCamper
11-14-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/044.jpg

dalovett
11-14-2009, 09:25 PM
Dave,

You can add me to your list! We'll be there Dec 12 - 18. Probably in Loop 300 as I've reserved a preferred and have dogs.

Hopefully I'll have my new Mickey Lamp Post out!

See you then!

Great ! A new Mickey Lamp Post,,, SWEEEEEEET !!! Look forward to meeting you guys!

Dave

Shan-man
11-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh man, I am really bumbed out. Sure gona miss you this year shan-man.:confused3

No, we’re going to be there! I just had to trim the days we couldn't use. I had originally reserved Nov 29-Dec 18, and my wife just can't be gone that long. We are still going to be there Dec 3-15... just to see Tink's FW debut! Are Paul and Linda joining y'all again this year? It'd be fun to do a followup visit with the grandkids, especially since I'll have my suit with me this year!

OK GRUMPY
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
WOW! You had me worried.

dalovett
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
No, we’re going to be there! I just had to trim the days we couldn't use. I had originally reserved Nov 29-Dec 18, and my wife just can't be gone that long. We are still going to be there Dec 3-15... just to see Tink's FW debut! Are Paul and Linda joining y'all again this year? It'd be fun to do a followup visit with the grandkids, especially since I'll have my suit with me this year!

Oh Man, now the pressure is really on me !! Glad you're going to be there, Shan-man. Look forward to seeing you again. :woohoo:

Dave

kimsdreamvacation
11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
:cool1:We will be there Dec.4 thru Dec.12th. CAN'T WAIT!!!! :woohoo::yay::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::banana:: cool1:

dalovett
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM

Hey Shan-man, you still out there? You must be getting excited. You will be at FW in a couple of weeks!!! Lucky you.

Dave

Shan-man
11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I think the word is panicked! We are trying to leave Friday so we can spend a few days in Atlanta (Kennesaw really) with the boy and granddaughter, and another day in Ocala (Summerfield really) with my parents before the Fort. We've never loaded for a 3.5 week trip before, much less done it at Christmas with all the décor! It's going to be an interesting few days around here!

Is anybody going to Disapalooza? I just got my credentials Saturday and am stoked! I asked if I could come in my full Santa regalia, but they said they are not allowed to provide their own entertainment, so I will be in my everydays, which are still pretty Santa-esque... so just look for the jolly fat man in red!

mikmouse
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM
I think the word is panicked! We are trying to leave Friday so we can spend a few days in Atlanta (Kennesaw really) with the boy and granddaughter, and another day in Ocala (Summerfield really) with my parents before the Fort. We've never loaded for a 3.5 week trip before, much less done it at Christmas with all the décor! It's going to be an interesting few days around here!

Is anybody going to Disapalooza? I just got my credentials Saturday and am stoked! I asked if I could come in my full Santa regalia, but they said they are not allowed to provide their own entertainment, so I will be in my everydays, which are still pretty Santa-esque... so just look for the jolly fat man in red!

Getting so excited to meet you. You are almost ready to head out. How fabulous. We'll see you there, and safe travels.

I don't know what Disapalooza is? Can you clue me in?

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

kaguilbeau
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Is anybody going to Disapalooza?

I'm going to the TSM party on Saturday the 12th. Bringing my DH and son(13) along. Poor things, they don't know what I'm bringing them into! They're just along for the ride!

Tinkerbell8989
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
we will be there from dec. 19 till the 2nd of jan. This is our tenth year at the fort and every year we love it more and more.

disneychck
11-23-2009, 04:15 PM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/044.jpg

thats dedication!!!:thumbsup2

disneychck
11-23-2009, 04:19 PM

you know I really didn't realize that i put 31st! But I usually don't even know what day it is anyway:confused3

Shan-man
11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Getting so excited to meet you. You are almost ready to head out. How fabulous. We'll see you there, and safe travels.

I don't know what Disapalooza is? Can you clue me in?

Thanks and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, telling you at this point is just cruel, since the window for booking has long closed. But, the DIS (hosts of this board) are having a private party at DHS on the 12th, and attendees will be able to ride Toy Story Mania non-stop for hours and enjoy midway-type foods and hang with other DISers. Should be a great party! Sorry you can't make it, but maybe they will do it again next year... this is the second year they've done it.

mikmouse
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Unfortunately, telling you at this point is just cruel, since the window for booking has long closed. But, the DIS (hosts of this board) are having a private party at DHS on the 12th, and attendees will be able to ride Toy Story Mania non-stop for hours and enjoy midway-type foods and hang with other DISers. Should be a great party! Sorry you can't make it, but maybe they will do it again next year... this is the second year they've done it.

Oh well, now that I know I'll have to watch more closely next year. We'll be there the same time. This year on the 12th my company is hosting our office Christmas Party :dance3:in WDW just for me! They're flying down just for the weekend so I wouldn't have been available on the 12th this year.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun.

kaguilbeau
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
This year on the 12th my company is hosting our office Christmas Party :dance3:in WDW just for me! They're flying down just for the weekend so I wouldn't have been available on the 12th this year.

Really? That is interesting. Are they flying all the other employees down for the party too? What area are they hosting the party in? Maybe I'm working for the wrong company here!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

mikmouse
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Really? That is interesting. Are they flying all the other employees down for the party too? What area are they hosting the party in? Maybe I'm working for the wrong company here!

Hope you have a wonderful time!

We are a small office. Two other people work with me, and they are flying down with their wives and children...so 9 of us total. Since we vacation in WDW at the Fort it's very hard for them to find a time for our usual Christmas dinner together. So I told them to come on down and we could go to dinner in WDW :cool1: Since it's our 10th Anniversary, the CFO said, let's do it! They fly down Friday afternoon and home Sunday afternoon. Got them really good deal at Coronado and they are even going to Mickey's Chritmas party Friday night after they arrive from Magical Express. Not a minute is wasted. It will be fun since they have never been with all the Christmas decorations and the dancing lights at the Studios. They're actually paying for it themselves, except for the Saturday night dinner we are having at Schula's Steakhouse at the Dolphin. Originally had it in the Castle, but we really want to have wine and really, really good food. It's going to be a blast!

Yes, I work for a very nice company who puts up with my Disney obsession :yay:

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

kaguilbeau
11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes, I work for a very nice company who puts up with my Disney obsession :yay:

It's nice when employees/employers put up with our obsessions. I've gotten to where I don't talk about my upcoming trip - because they just don't get it!

I know you'll enjoy sharing all the Christmas magic with your co-workers!

Have fun!:cool1:

DisFanatic
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
We will be there from the 19th- 2nd! We are in the planning stages, and have everything already to the side, waiting to get loaded! Can't wait to see y'all there:cool1::santa::cloud9::yay:

dalovett
11-28-2009, 06:12 PM
We will be there from the 19th- 2nd! We are in the planning stages, and have everything already to the side, waiting to get loaded! Can't wait to see y'all there:cool1::santa::cloud9::yay:

WOW, only 14 days till our Fort Wilderness Christmas Vacation! I am totally STOKED !!!!! Look forward to meeting you everybody. :woohoo:

Dave

Kellea
11-29-2009, 09:58 AM
My family and I will be staying in the cabins at the Fort from Dec 27 thru Jan 2nd. After finding this thread, I'm even more excited to see everyone's decorations. I was wondering if people decorate the cabins too?
Kellea

disneediva
11-29-2009, 04:40 PM
we will be there from the 26th to the 3rd..its our 6th year going at this time...we love Xmas at the Fort!

f15robyn
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Sooo excited! Although we're not staying at the Fort, my travel agent insists we can't miss the decorations that so many of you put so much time into (she's a December regular at the Fort).

I was trying to figure out the best way to see them and was looking at carriage or sleigh rides. But they're only 25 minutes!!!!!!!! Way too short.

I called earlier today and was able to rent a cart for Dec 17th. So for all of you who will be decorated that night, thanks in advance :santa: . We're really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

dalovett
12-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Sooo excited! Although we're not staying at the Fort, my travel agent insists we can't miss the decorations that so many of you put so much time into (she's a December regular at the Fort).

I was trying to figure out the best way to see them and was looking at carriage or sleigh rides. But they're only 25 minutes!!!!!!!! Way too short.

I called earlier today and was able to rent a cart for Dec 17th. So for all of you who will be decorated that night, thanks in advance :santa: . We're really looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor.

Hey Robyn, look forward to meeting you guys too.

Dave

kaguilbeau
12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
My family and I will be staying in the cabins at the Fort from Dec 27 thru Jan 2nd. After finding this thread, I'm even more excited to see everyone's decorations. I was wondering if people decorate the cabins too?
Kellea

Just wanted to say that while I haven't decorated cabins myself, I have seen pictures of them with rope lighting around the deck area. I thought it looked cool and helped 'shine the way' to your cabin from the bus stop.

Also, if you are not planning on having a golf cart rented, you might rent one for one night only just to loop around and view some of the decorations.

Have a good time!~

mikmouse
12-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Just wanted to say that while I haven't decorated cabins myself, I have seen pictures of them with rope lighting around the deck area. I thought it looked cool and helped 'shine the way' to your cabin from the bus stop.

Also, if you are not planning on having a golf cart rented, you might rent one for one night only just to loop around and view some of the decorations.

Have a good time!~

Oh yes, the cabins DO decorate. Lots you can do on the deck and doorways. Second the motion for you to loop to see all the decorations around the Fort. Have fun. We'll be there starting this Saturday and can't wait!!!

Merry Mickey Christmas

Shan-man
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
We arrive at the Fort tomorrow morning! I've only been counting down for the past 340-some days. We are a little over an hour away right now, staying in a CG near Mom's house. Pick up a trailer this afternoon to haul Mom's golfcart, do some last minute grocery shopping, and get a restless night's sleep and then we are on our way! Can you tell I'm excited? This is likely my last Christmas at the Fort for a very long time and I intend to enjoy the stuffing out of it!

mikmouse
12-02-2009, 10:06 AM
We arrive at the Fort tomorrow morning! I've only been counting down for the past 340-some days. We are a little over an hour away right now, staying in a CG near Mom's house. Pick up a trailer this afternoon to haul Mom's golfcart, do some last minute grocery shopping, and get a restless night's sleep and then we are on our way! Can you tell I'm excited? This is likely my last Christmas at the Fort for a very long time and I intend to enjoy the stuffing out of it!

I'm so excited for you! We'll surely look you up. Can't wait to get an update of your site number and all the excitement when you arrive. We'll arrive between 3-4 pm on Saturday. Enjoy :yay:

dalovett
12-02-2009, 07:36 PM

Hey Shan-man. Sounds like you are totally stoked. Look forward to seeing you again. Oh, by the way,,, Red or white??

Dave

Kellea
12-02-2009, 07:58 PM

Have a good time!~

Thanks alot! Traveling with the ex, his mom and our kids so I'm sure I will need time out of the cabin! We will be down a couple days after Christmas but I still think I'll tuck a string or two of lights in my bag. Also...was wondering about temps this time of year...I've always been to Disney in the summertime...I'm from Kentucky and the ex is from Chicago. He is swearing he's gonna wear shorts everyday but I dont want cold kiddos. First trip for him and DS age 7. We are celebrating my graduation as well. Any and all advice much appreciated!

idextrus
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
We'll be at the Fort from Dec 21-26. Really looking forward to it!! I'll make sure to bring the wife and kids to see your castle Dave!!

kaguilbeau
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Also...was wondering about temps this time of year...

I've been in mid December before where we had to buy ski hats and gloves for the kids. Also been where we went swimming at the water park.

More commonly I think the mornings are chilly (long sleeves/sweatshirt/wind breaker) and it warms up comfortably during the day. When the sun starts to go down, it gets cool again. We have worn light jackets and stored them in the locker when it gets warmer.

I plan to take blue jeans, short sleeve shirts, sweatshirt - and a bathing suit so I can try out the new hot tub!

indimom3
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Our fab five will be in the cabins Dec 15-21st. I am so excited to see all of the decorations! ]I haven't been to the Fort at Christmas since I was a kid.
Looking at some of you photos, something tells me the campers have stepped it up a notch. :worship:
Now I have to find a good way to fit a bunch of lights and a mickey wreath in my suitcase....

DisneyBishops
12-04-2009, 06:41 PM

shan why not coming back for a very long time?

Shan-man
12-05-2009, 08:02 AM
The elves have unionized and are demanding more of management, so these little escapes just before the big night are a thing of the past... unless I happen to have a public appearance here in Florida. I might try to make contact with events managers at some of the big hotels here and see if they might like to invite Santa and cover some of my expenses. Failing that, it might be F&G, F&W and Halloween from now on.

dalovett
12-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Shan-man, only 5 more days till we arrive at the Fort. The castle show is packed into the coach and I am totally stoked. Hope you are having a GREAT time. Look forward to seeing you.

Dave

_Athena_
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
We will be at the Fort the 17th-23rd! Can't wait to meet everyone! I just tasked DH with making a rope light mickey head- I think he's happy to have a 'job' related to our trip. We will be in our medieval tent with our lime green mickey out front.

ctpooh
12-09-2009, 09:04 PM
After thinking we were going to have to stay off property this year, I called three times and day and we will be at the Fort December 25 - January 1. We are so excited our last trip down before the baby is born!!! It will be a little interesting getting to the Fort from the Kissimmee Train station but one way or another we will get there and we are very excited!!:cool1:

krier32
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I've been in mid December before where we had to buy ski hats and gloves for the kids. Also been where we went swimming at the water park.

More commonly I think the mornings are chilly (long sleeves/sweatshirt/wind breaker) and it warms up comfortably during the day. When the sun starts to go down, it gets cool again. We have worn light jackets and stored them in the locker when it gets warmer.

I plan to take blue jeans, short sleeve shirts, sweatshirt - and a bathing suit so I can try out the new hot tub!

We stayed at All Star Movies for Christmas 2006. That we we had weather all over the place. Sunny, Rain, Clouds, Hot & Humid, etc. We were in shorts for 3 days, sweatshirts for 3 days and t-shirts and jeans for 3 days then we came back to 30 degree temps.

f15robyn
12-09-2009, 09:54 PM
We will be at the Fort the 17th-23rd! Can't wait to meet everyone! I just tasked DH with making a rope light mickey head- I think he's happy to have a 'job' related to our trip. We will be in our medieval tent with our lime green mickey out front.

Hi Athena - Are you Scadian?

My sister and I have talked about planning a trip with a big group.

Robine (Mountain Freehold, East Kingdom)

_Athena_
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Athena - Are you Scadian?

My sister and I have talked about planning a trip with a big group.

Robine (Mountain Freehold, East Kingdom)

Yup! We have a Panther Carousel 14'. This will be the tent's 'practice run' for Pennsic. We've only had it up for weekend events so far.

and ahem,

Draco Invictus! :lmao: Tirnewydd, Midrealm

dalovett
12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Only 2 more days till we are at the Fort !!!!!

Dave

LuckyinGa
12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Only 2 more days till we are at the Fort !!!!!

Dave

Dave, we are right behind you!! Only 6 more days for us!!! :banana:

campingdawgs
12-11-2009, 03:12 PM
We are leaving in 7 days! So much to do......

Millermouseketeers
12-12-2009, 01:28 PM
7 days also! Yes, a lot to do. see you there!

Grumpy4Disney
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi All Disney Friends, We will be in on Dec 22 and will have to Decorate our site real FAST, we won 1st place last year in the Golf Cart parade for Christmas and had a Great time. This year I will be there for My Birthday (Yeah). Hope more people will participate this year, it was real fun. I hope to meet some of you when we get in . We will have a HUGE metal light up Mickey on the front of our motorhome. Built by a former worker from a Race Team. We will be in from Dec 22 to Jan 3rd.

See everyone soon!!!!!!:mickeyjum

keylime359
12-13-2009, 06:35 PM
We will be there Monday the 21st! can't wait!

dalovett
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey Shan-man we are in the 700 loop.

Dave

PrincessMom4
12-14-2009, 10:24 AM
what is Christmas like a Disney?? We usually go in August and went once in March. March break was crazy busy. Any recommendations as we are thinking of going for December 2010.

ctpooh
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
December 25 here we come!!

BradyBz12
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
what is Christmas like a Disney?? We usually go in August and went once in March. March break was crazy busy. Any recommendations as we are thinking of going for December 2010.

Christmas-New Years is THE single busiest week of the entire year at WDW in terms of park attendance. Not at all uncommon for parks to close to capacity (particularly MK & HS), and some years MK has closed as early as 11am.

It's doable with a really good touring plan, getting to the parks for rope drop, using FP to your max advantage, and perhaps most important of all, having realistic expectations of what you'll be able to do and how long you may be waiting in lines for things.... including food, bathrooms, shopping, etc. :eek:

On the plus side, it's got to be one of the most festive places you can spend the holidays, and if you can appreciate that and not worry about the crowds, you can definitely have a magical time. :santa:

Born 2 Fish
12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
December 25 here we come!!

Us too !! :banana::woohoo:

no we are not, I just wanted to make myself feel better. it didnt work. I'm so frigg'n bummed.:sad1:

:santa:Ya'll have fun ,:wizard:

JMomofThree
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
:santa: New to board, but not new to Disney. Headed to FW for our first ever Disney Christmas. Can someone tell me how you connect lights to the Disney golf carts? I've got 3 strands of LED lights and an inverter...is that all we need?

Grumpy4Disney
12-15-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi,
That is what we use and believe me we had lights. We will be in on the 22nd, cant wait. I am a newbie too. But not to Disney. I wonder if there is something we can out on our site and Golf carts to let other know we are part of Disboards? Have to come up with something if not.

Have fun:santa:

Robert6401
12-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi,
That is what we use and believe me we had lights. We will be in on the 22nd, cant wait. I am a newbie too. But not to Disney. I wonder if there is something we can out on our site and Golf carts to let other know we are part of Disboards? Have to come up with something if not.

Have fun:santa:

I hope you have time to do some reading:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1767194

Merry Christmas!

pell
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
We'll be there a week from tomorrow... Can't wait! Looking forward to seeing Dave's famous castle. To all of you already at the Fort: Hope you're having a blast.

dalovett
12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Hey everybody. This is Dave the "Castle Guy". We are in the 700 loop. Stop by and see us.

Dave

devores
12-18-2009, 08:13 AM
We will not be staying at the fort, but being locals, we plan to go and loop one night the week of christmas. Looking at x-mas eve. If I see any signs out I will be sure to say hi. We are mainly going to see "The Castle Guys" display. My DW saw the video and instantly said we will be going to see that. It is an impressive disply.

Hope to see and meet some of you.......wish I was staying, but couldnt see paying $100+ a night this close to our cruise.

Merry Christmas to all and have a magical day.

keylime359
12-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Dave we get there Monday- see ya real soon!

Millermouseketeers
12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
We get there Sunday morning. We leave at 3 am Saturday! See everyone there!

retired and happy
12-20-2009, 01:38 AM
We arrived at the Fort on the 13th. Began setting out all the Christmas
decorations, blowups, etc. Then on the 18th we had to take down some of the decorations and the side room and move the RV for a while....a dead tree
behind our RV had to be removed. The people were nice and helped Ken move everything and then put it back. But it was not fun. We had spent nearly 4 days putting everything up and then had to do some of it again. They are giving us a free night for our trouble.

Oyur site is 528 and is really decorated. If you are here, drop by and say hello.

After 7 back surgeries in 7 weeks, I needed this "vacation". However, I am still waiting for the"vacation" part to begin. We will be here til Jan. 3.

Merry Christmas.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly

kaguilbeau
12-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Oyur site is 528 and is really decorated. If you are here, drop by and say hello.

Judy, Ken, Shawnee, Kenya and Kimberly

Judy, I met you in the comfort station while doing laundry. I did walk by your site to say Hi to Ken, but the funniest thing happened. I saw him outside messing the Christmas decorations. I pointed and said, "Are you Ken?" He replied with a strange look on his face, "Yes?" I said, "I met your wife in the comfort station. You post on the DIS boards?" He pointed to a lady sitting in the chair. She smiled and said "Hi" - but she wasn't the same lady I met in the comfort station. I laughed and realized I was one site off. But his name was Ken too! He didn't feel the humor!

kaguilbeau
12-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey everybody. This is Dave the "Castle Guy". We are in the 700 loop. Stop by and see us.

Dave

Dave, I really enjoyed your display. I found it and then made my son ride bikes with me to see it again. He wanted to ask you about it - but you were busy talking to some people in the golf cart.

It was quite the gathering place. The sleigh ride made a point of riding by, and many people stopped in their golf carts. Hope your neighbors were polite about the congestion you caused!

retired and happy
12-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Dave,

My DS13 and I saw part of your castle show a couple nights ago. We were somewhat blocked by a horsedrawn wagon in your entryway, but we saw enough to realize what a talent you are. How long will you be here? We hope to get the whole family over there for a full viewing. :wizard:

kaguilbeau,

Glad to finally meet you, even if it only electronically. I don’t know which neighbor is also a Ken, but I see the humor. Feel to drop back by to meet the whole group. :goodvibes

I have tried to post here for several days but either my computer or the FW cable modem is not cooperating. It keeps sending me back to reconnect. The modem didn’t work at all for several days and the service have worked well to find the problem, finally running a new line to our cable box outside. We’ve had good connectivity since then, but now need to be able to send a forum reply without it breaking the connection. I’ve finally written this in WORD so I can reuse it in case it doesn’t send again.:confused3

Ken in 528

LORNADUCK
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Dave we were at the FT last night for a quick trip. Made sure we went by your site and it is amazing. I had a friend with us that had never been to the fort and she loved it. We are coming again for New Year's weekend, will you still be there?

rumrunnergirl
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM

dalovett
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey everybody. We will be at the Fort till Dec 27. The show starts at 6:00 pm and ends at 10:00 pm. Thanks for all the kind words. You are all to kind. Look forward to meeting each and every one of you!

Dave

BradyBz12
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Please, please, please can someone upload a video for us poor souls not lucky enough to be at the Fort with you all? After seeing Dave's display last year, I'm dying to see what he's put together this time. :magnify:

LuckyinGa
12-21-2009, 03:14 AM
We finally got a chance to stop by and say hello and to view Dave's castle. It was incredible. Dave is quite the celebrity around here, he's known as "The Castle Guy". Dave, thank you so much for all the hard work and time you've put into this for all of us to enjoy.

Merry Christmas. :santa:

bigdisneydaddy
12-21-2009, 08:03 AM
We are heading out today at 1PM and hoping to be there Tuesday evening early.

sunburnin
12-21-2009, 11:50 AM
I've been meaing to post this for a week...

We stayed in a cabin from Dec 6-13 and it was our first time at the fort. I wanted to thank all the folks that decorated. It was a very memorable/magical part of our trip!!!! We had a golf cart and would cruise around checking it all out. We were blown away by some of the displays and my kids got a kick out of the decorated golf carts, too!

Thanks for the memories!!!!

keylime359
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
We are at site 853 Come by and say hi!

hornblower91
12-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Dave,
I must say, we really enjoyed your display. Went by several different times to see it. Merry Christmas

LuckyinGa
12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
Okay guys, my son went by and videotaped Dave's Castle. I've been trying to upload it to Photobucket but it stops at 50%. Each video is 5 minutes long. Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? :confused3

dalovett
12-23-2009, 11:16 PM
We are at site 853 Come by and say hi!

Hey Keylime359. We stopped by to say hello. No one was home. Will try again later.

Dave (Site#708)

CarolinaBlue
12-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Dave, we really enjoyed the castle display. We were in 713 so we got to see the show every night from our site. Amazing! Merry Christmas!

dalovett
12-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Dave, we really enjoyed the castle display. We were in 713 so we got to see the show every night from our site. Amazing! Merry Christmas!

Hey Karen. Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

Dave

dalovett
12-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Dave

devores
12-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Dave,

Just wanted to say we realy enjoyed the show and it was worth the trip. It was great meeting you, the man behind the legend. Cant wait for next years show.

This is Dave from Tampa, FL. We drove over just to see the castle we heard so much about.

Thanks and merry christmas.

dalovett
12-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Dave,

Just wanted to say we realy enjoyed the show and it was worth the trip. It was great meeting you, the man behind the legend. Cant wait for next years show.

This is Dave from Tampa, FL. We drove over just to see the castle we heard so much about.

Thanks and merry christmas.

Hey devores, thanks for making the drive. I am humbled. See you next year.

Dave

dalovett
12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Hey Everybody. The final show was tonight. It's been a blast. It was GREAT meeting all of you. Look forward to seeing you again next year.

Happy New Year !!!!!

Dave

rumrunnergirl
12-27-2009, 10:16 AM

OK GRUMPY
12-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Were's Shan-man? Haven't heard from him in awhile...I know he's been busy and all.

dfchelbay
12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Were's Shan-man? Haven't heard from him in awhile...I know he's been busy and all.

We were wondering the same thing. We love his reports and photos...especially this time of year! :santa:

Shan-man
12-28-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm around! I will try to get a TR together in the next few weeks, but it has been REALLY busy between our trip, Santa visits and illness... we've been home 2 weeks and I still haven't emptied the moho! So for now I'm mostly lurking.

dalovett
01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Hey LuckyinGa, Go to Youtube and type in "Fort Wilderness Campgound", look for the castle. It says "Fort Wilderness Campground Christmas 2009"

Take care,
Dave

keylime359
01-18-2010, 04:44 PM
hey Dave it was great to meet you! We already have our ressies for next year and can't wait to see your display again!

LuckyinGa
01-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Dave, Great job. My son also posted it on the Fort Wilderness Facebook Page. Can't wait to see it again next year! I'm sure you're working on some additions to it.

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHxIHqUWJb4

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?v=app_2392950137&gid=55729381574

retired and happy
01-19-2010, 01:57 AM
I have posted pictures of our campsite taken during our Christmas stay this year on facebook. You can see them by going into face book/Judy Hammett. You will then click on photos and look for the album marked Christmas 2009.
Hope you enjoy our little Christmas decorations.

LuckyinGa
01-19-2010, 11:22 AM
I have posted pictures of our campsite taken during our Christmas stay this year on facebook. You can see them by going into face book/Judy Hammett. You will then click on photos and look for the album marked Christmas 2009.
Hope you enjoy our little Christmas decorations.

Hi Judy, I sent you a friend request on FB as your photo setting must not be set to everyone because I can't see your photo tab. You can change that setting so everyone can see your photos and not have to be your friend on FB.

bop28
05-14-2010, 01:29 PM
I would love to see the Christmas decorations @ the Fort, but wonder how can we do it? Would we need to take the sleigh ride or wagon ride? Is there a tour of the campground? Any ideas? :)

DisCamper
05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
No the best ways is ether walk, bike or rent/ take our own GC. The sleigh ride or wagon ride only takes you in a few loops. We were on the sleigh ride loop last Dec. and it does not give you time to take it all in. My best bet is just walk or bike it you have all the time in Disney world

bop28
05-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Walking is great with us! I would love to walk around the campground, but I thought maybe the area was huge and not easily walkable. Is it self explanatory where the campsites are that are usually decorated? :)

retired and happy
05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
There will be decorations in every loop, but not necessarily at every campsite. Some people go all out, some more modest, all enjoyable.

Millermouseketeers
05-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Rent a Disney golf cart for the day so you can cover more of the campground.

DisCamper
05-15-2010, 10:49 AM
The big time decorators usually are in 100,400 and 700 loop. There was a family in the 1600 loop but this year they are moving to 400 loop. You don’t need a cart just take a bus.

bop28
05-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks everybody for all the great ideas and info! :)

DisCamper
05-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Christmas 2009
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/087.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/088.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/089.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/091.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/100.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/003.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/006.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/016.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/041.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/040-Copy.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/037.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/034-3.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics512.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics516.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics521.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics417.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics493.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics504.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics475.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r253/Discamper/NikonPics225.jpg
Sorry Dave a single shot or a video can’t capture your genus. You just have to see it live to take it all in

kazlac4
05-15-2010, 03:59 PM
These were some of our favorite shots last Christmas.

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab320/vicmark123/Florida%2011_2009/100_5639.jpg

http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab320/vicmark123/Florida%2011_2009/100_5595.jpg

Unfortunately we didn't do any decorating at our site last year but seeing so many great set ups made me decide that we will join the decorating spirit for Christmas 2010..We can't wait! :banana: