PDA

View Full Version : Loop 900?

Atlanta WDW Fan
07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Is loop 900, in front of the Meadows, no longer preferred? Or was it not in the first place? I have camped there twice before and loved it, but it seems like I paid a preferred price for it. Am planning our first trip back in a few years for this fall and was thinking about requesting that loop again...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Tri-circle-D
07-16-2009, 04:35 PM
Before the recent renovations, the 900 loop was a full hook up loop. It was not preferred. No cable.

Cable was added some time in late 2008.

In April, 2009, the loop was converted to premium. More concrete, less trees, new grills and picnic tables.

It is still a nice loop, but you have to pay for a premium site to stay there.

TCD

Atlanta WDW Fan
07-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks TCD,
That makes sense. We are tent campers and it really isn't worth the extra money for us. It is a very convenient loop, but I'm sure we'd be just as happy somewhere else! Thanks again!

Tri-circle-D
07-16-2009, 04:55 PM
The premium sites are not real tent friendly. The sand pad area that used to be on these sites is now paved with concrete. So, in most cases, your tent would have to be set up on the concrete.

It is a shame that they made so many premium sites. The 900 loop was a great full hook up loop. But, no more.

For tents, try the 1500 loop (partial). It is as close to the pool as you can get, and it now has cable too. And, it will cost you about 20 bucks less a night than a premium site.

TCD