PDA

View Full Version : I despise door to door sales solicitors!

PrincessNancy96
07-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Ok, I'm going to vent as this just happened...and this is the 2nd time this month...
DD and I are returning home from the grocery.. notice 2 solicitors walking away from the neighbors house... DD laughed and said oh no mom.... I said no issues... I'll do what we always do and tell them immediately we are not interested.
I pulled in the drive and before I could get my keys out of the ignition the boy was on top my van door. I asked him to step back away from my vehicle.. He refused.. so I opened the door slightly and asked again.. he moved... I told him that I have groceries in the car and am not interested...
He than followed me to the back of my van and I raised my voice a bit more to grab my neighbors attention, "Sir, please leave I am not interested".. He says to me let's see if I can interest your DD... I said if you make one move towards my DD that will be the last move you make without the cops becoming involved. My neighbor hollars over that her DS (big, bruly EMT is on the way over)... I told her that would be great but this boy will be departing my property voluntarily or the cops will remove him....
He than yells at me that it's because of his race.. NO, your race is the least of my concerns.. it's you approach that you gave me and standing up all over top of me... I have my right to personal space enough is enough.
By this point evidently he had harrassed the other elderly neighbor and she had called the cops on him! My kids had called their dad and hour away and he was ready to come home.. DD grabbed the phone from DS8 and said "dad do your really believe mom can't handle this"...

I know it's their job..but don't come up on me like you know me... I mean I couldn't move that his chest wasn't in my face.. GET THE HELL BACK FROM ME!

I'm sorry, I just find that practice very unacceptable.. and yes, I did ask for where he worked as I wanted to report what had happened and he told me he didn't have to give that information. The police officer asked him to leave the area immediately.

Lisa
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
You were more patient than I. :lmao: At his first nonaction to your request to leave, I would have had my cell phone out calling 911. However, I recognize I live out in the boonies and my neighbors can't see my yard.

How scary that there are people out there like that. :scared1:

BernardandMissBianca
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
I would have run him over..... oops, was that your foot, sooooo soooorrrrryyyyyy ....... :rolleyes1

joyah
07-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Nancy at least you have neighbors. On more than 1 occasion I have met these type of people at the door either the truck or house with a side arm. I have no neighbors (well other that that person) and I spend MANY hours home alone with the boys and even before the boys. At one point it was so bad that cops had to patrol our private dead end road.
I'm with BAMB I would have driven over his toes. It's sad that they think they can take advantage of people.
I'm glad the cops told him to leave.

PrincessNancy96
07-16-2009, 04:09 PM
I think he was for shocked my little 5' 2" frame was not budging from defending myself or my DD.. had he taken one step toward PJ that man would be eating dirt... I'm not scared of anyone... he had to be about 6'4" and I would have taken him down just like I have done my Dbrother who is the same size...

BernardandMissBianca
07-16-2009, 04:19 PM
one swift kick to the knees or the nether region and he's goin' down!!!!

He best not lay a hand on my PJ, I'll fly all the way out there to kick the crap out of him.

I'd a still run him over though.......

Macca1111
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
There was an article in the local newspaper a few days ago saying that the city council was looking at repealing our Green River Laws from the 30s (no door to door soliciting) saying that the people and businesses had been asking for it, not that they were going to make money on the required licence. Anywho, yesterday there was another article saying that since they had received so much negative feedback (actually said at the end of the article that there was NO postive feedback) that they had decided not to visit the issue. It's stories like yours that make me super glad we have those laws. I can't believe how brazen all of the people in your stories are. Good for you for standing up and getting the cops involved!

bigbabyblues
07-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Oh my! Good for you for standing up for yourself and your kiddos! We have a very large dog, and I probably would have opened the door and let him out. I've only done that once, but it took care of that person, anyway.

Otherwise, I'm with the calling 911 from the cell.

SusieStone
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Good for you. This is why I get nervous moving out here to DH's where I know very little people and if it is someone from the area they would know if the Trooper car is gone - he is gone.

This is why we keep our target up in the yard so people can see we use bow and arrows as well as guns. (This is not intended for a NRA debate - we employ the utmost safety with weapons around DS and they are kept in a huge gun safe and he is being educated in proactive gun safety.).

disneycruising
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
I hate door to door sales people also. I think they have gotten very rude in the past few years.:mad: The same with phone sales.

We use to live in Ridgefield, CT... They have a law against door to door sale in their town!!:thumbsup2

ddavis860
07-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Way to go Nan!! That's way out of line! Imagine threatening to go to PJ... He must have had a death wish doing that in front of you!

JandJ
07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Good for you! I cannot stand door to door sales people. We get them all the time. Our doorbell doesn't work so it's funny when they start pressing it and nothing happens. A couple young girls were selling stuff door to door recently and I was on an important phone call and they kept banging and banging on the door. Finally I yelled "I'm on the phone!" and they cursed me out :scared1: What is wrong with people?