PDA

View Full Version : Hair Salons

Debrn
07-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Are there any hair salons at any Villas or Hotels?

robert@dvcstore
07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
There is a hair salon at 3 of the Walt Disney World resorts. The Grand Floridian has one on the second floor of the main building, the Contemporary has one on the 3rd floor (accessible only by elevator) and there is one next to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

You can also get a hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom.

Robert

Debrn
07-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Robert

Chuck S
07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
There is also one at Coronado Springs resort. In the Casitas area, next to the health club.

disneyeveryyear
07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
I believe SSR has one next to the spa also.

kid-at-heart
07-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Has anyone used any of the resort sites? If so, do you remember the price ranges for cuts, styles, etc?

Chuck S
07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
There is no hair salon at SSR, spa only.

My Mom get her hair permed at WDW every time we visit because they don't burn her hair like they do at all our local salons.

I think DVC gets a 10% discount.

There is a price list located here: WDW Salons (http://www.relaxedyet.com/index.asp) Click on Salons, and the location and a price list should be on that page.

Debrn
07-16-2009, 02:08 AM
There is no hair salon at SSR, spa only.

My Mom get her hair permed at WDW every time we visit because they don't burn her hair like they do at all our local salons.

I think DVC gets a 10% discount.

There is a price list located here: WDW Salons (http://www.relaxedyet.com/index.asp) Click on Salons, and the location and a price list should be on that page.

Thanks.

quirty30
07-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Has anyone used any of the resort sites? If so, do you remember the price ranges for cuts, styles, etc?

Well, let me put it to you this way, a clipper cut for my 11 year old son at the BC salon was $25 plus tip. It was so hot when we visited, so I guess it was worth it. I normally cut his hair myself at home, but we just didn't have time before we left.

By the way, it is a very small shop. There were only 2 styling stations and what looked to be a little room in back for manicures/pedicures. There was just the one stylist there when we went one Sunday as few weeks ago. We made an appointment that morning before we went to breakfast and they got us in at 11:30AM.

Chuck S
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
$25 for a mens haircut seems normal around here in a regular "salon." Though the places like "Pro-cuts" and "Great Clips" are cheaper, if you like the one style of cut they seem to know how to do.

It's well worth the extra, to us, to actually get a stylist that knows what they're doing.

The salons are small, usually 2 or 3 stations, and 1 or 2 pedi chairs.

An alternative for less expensive boys/mens cuts would be the MK barber shop, who also do a wonderful job. No appointments, first come, first seved by waiting in line.