PDA

View Full Version : Divorce 202: How to Survive WDW with exDH

Villainess
07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes, you read that right! No, you don't need glasses. exDH and I are taking the kids to visit the mouse!

:scared1:

:rotfl2:

This will be the tale of our upcoming trip and how it came to be, including lessons on survival with exDH in tow!

Fasten your seatbelts! It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Villainess
07-15-2009, 10:43 AM
This PTR has absolutely NO prerequisites. Reading my TR in progress (link below) is recommended, but optional. (I know, shameless plug!)

Course Materials:

Love of Disney

Desire to visit Disney

popcorn:: , :drinking1: mickeybar or refreshment of choice (Dole Whips allowed but must be shared with OP)

Sense of Humor! :upsidedow

Villainess
07-15-2009, 10:51 AM
a mouse! LOL!

OK, OK. exDH and I have been divorced over a year. He has asked many times for us to both bring the kids to Disney on vacation. I have brought the kids with my family, but honestly wasn't sure how I would feel vacationing with exDH.

One day I wondered over the AP section of disneyworld.com and saw the prices of hotels for the beginning of Sept. I was happily surprised, but since we just came back from a 19 day trip in April/May, I knew there was no way my parents would be able to come.

In speaking with exDH I threw out a proposal, if you will. He was interested and the trip slowly progressed.

The original dates we looked at were Sept 1 - 13, returning the day before DD's birthday, however this wouldn't work with exDH's work schedule. The new dates are Aug 24 - Sept 7.

We will be celebrating both DD and DS's birthdays while we are there.

Coming Up - Lesson 2: Getting to Know You!

jagmom
07-15-2009, 10:55 AM
I am interested in seeing how this unfolds.

DWGal210
07-15-2009, 10:57 AM
It's neat that you and your ex can vacation together - that's really nice for the kids and I'm sure they appreciate it!

A nice long trip - sounds great to me! Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Villainess
07-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Here we are:

Danielle (me), 29 - Planner of the trip, photographer of the group. I tend to not be in many pictures since I am always behind the lens (and prefer it that way). I do try to get one picture of me/day just to prove that I was actually on the trip and those are usually with DD and DS - wouldn't want a picture any other way! This will be my 30-something trip to WDW. I've been visiting the world since I was 2 1/2 years. I love the villains, Johnny Depp, err Cpt. Jack, POTC, HM, and sorely miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

exDH, 33 - His first trip to WDW was in 2001 with my family and his last was our honeymoon in 2006. His first vacation with DD and DS; he is looking forward to seeing their reactions. exDH enjoys the thrill rides - SM, Splash, MS, RNR, etc. He has never met the Yeti, but I expect him to on this trip.

DD, 2 1/2 - She will be 3 one week after our return from WDW. She is my little princess and quite a girlie girl. Aurora is her world and if she could have her way it WDW would be renamed "Aurora's World". The castle doesn't belong to Cinderella, btw, but, you guessed it, Aurora! This will be her 4th trip. She loves the carousel, tea cups, IASW, Kilamanjaro Safari, and Beauty and the Beast show. Everything she went on she loved!

DS, 1 1/2 - He will be 2 at the end of Oct. He's my pirate, also getting into mischief, but he has such an adorable expression you want to hug and cuddle him all the time, even when he is doing something he shouldn't. Pinocchio, Handy Manny, and Donald Duck rank in his top 3. He does enjoy giving the princesses kisses, however. He is quite a flirt! Just like his sister, he loved every attraction and show. His favorites would be tea cups, Pooh, POTC, and Muppets - he even wore the glasses for part of the time! This will be his 3rd trip to the world.

Coming Up - Lesson 3: Where to Stay

Villainess
07-15-2009, 11:18 AM
I am interested in seeing how this unfolds.

I am too! :rotfl2:

It's neat that you and your ex can vacation together - that's really nice for the kids and I'm sure they appreciate it!

A nice long trip - sounds great to me! Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

I'll be honest and tell you that I'm a bit nervous about spending 13 days with him. The most time we have spent together is about 8 hours - kids birthday parties, things like that. This will sure be a test! In the end, it is about the kids and the kids being happy. I wouldn't stay together "for the sake of the kids" hence I why we divorced, but I do try to be as friendly as possible.

Of course, he does things that make me bonkers and :rolleyes: but I probably do the same.

TinkTink78
07-15-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm in!

I cant wait to hear this..... as a person that has been divorced less than a year too.... still friendly, but no kids.

I wish you luck!

Leleluvsdis
07-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Can't wait to read more!!!

annnewjerz
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm in! Catching up on your TR right now as well, can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip! :goodvibes

DisneymoonJess07
07-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Looking forward to reading more!!! Good luck planning!

MiaBella05
07-15-2009, 01:43 PM
popcorn:: can't wait to read about this adventure!! popcorn::

jbrady100
07-15-2009, 02:18 PM
popcorn:: WOW, There is no way that I could do that. When I started planning our November trip my exDW asked me "Would you like me to come with you to help with the kids?" I very politely said ummmm, no, I think that I can handle it, I have done it before. I just could not figure out if she really wanted to go with us or she thought that I could not handle the kids by myself for 10 days at WDW. I am thinking she thought the second option.:rotfl:

Villainess
07-15-2009, 02:54 PM
I'm in!

I cant wait to hear this..... as a person that has been divorced less than a year too.... still friendly, but no kids.

I wish you luck!

Thank you! I need luck! Where abouts in NJ are you?

Can't wait to read more!!!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm in! Catching up on your TR right now as well, can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip! :goodvibes

Great! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading more!!! Good luck planning!

Thank you! I will have another update very soon!

popcorn:: can't wait to read about this adventure!! popcorn::

An adventure it is! And people think Adventures by Disney is exciting ... :rotfl:

popcorn:: WOW, There is no way that I could do that. When I started planning our November trip my exDW asked me "Would you like me to come with you to help with the kids?" I very politely said ummmm, no, I think that I can handle it, I have done it before. I just could not figure out if she really wanted to go with us or she thought that I could not handle the kids by myself for 10 days at WDW. I am thinking she thought the second option.:rotfl:

LOL! :rotfl2: Well, I am having second thoughts, but the money is invested so I can't turn back, and most of all I will not disappoint the kids

PrincessToozie
07-15-2009, 03:25 PM
ok....Im in....Cant wait to hear more!!!! :yay:

marsa1969
07-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Wow! How brave are you? I'm in it for the long haul. popcorn::

michellem1118
07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I've been lurking on your TR, but I have to come out of hiding for this one! It should be a really interesting ride! :rotfl:

reelmom
07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
This is too good to pass up. I can't wait to hear about it and see all the incredible pictures. All jokes aside, I think that it is a great that you are able to be friendly for the kids. I wish you the best for your trip.

treehugnmama
07-15-2009, 09:02 PM
count me in too :goodvibes

dissybroad
07-15-2009, 09:12 PM
was thrown together for weeks with ex when our daughter was in a car wreck. i suggest:
have clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and boundaries discussed with him beforehand.
have an agreed upon "escape" or time-out procedure in case you need a break from each other.
remember, above all, why it is that you are doing this.
good luck and God bless to both of you for doing this for your kids :)

BeccaBellePA
07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Oy veh! Can't wait to hear about this...Good luck to you :)

Will there be another TR with amazing photos??

TinkTink78
07-16-2009, 09:06 AM
[QUOTE=Villainess;32723003]Thank you! I need luck! Where abouts in NJ are you?

I travel between Florence (Burlington Co) and Eatontown! :)

Villainess
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
ok....Im in....Cant wait to hear more!!!! :yay:

:banana: Welcome Aboard!

Wow! How brave are you? I'm in it for the long haul. popcorn::

I may need the Cowardly Lion's brave badge of courage before I leave! :rotfl:

I've been lurking on your TR, but I have to come out of hiding for this one! It should be a really interesting ride! :rotfl:

Now you need to come out of hiding in the TR too! Glad to see you :goodvibes

This is too good to pass up. I can't wait to hear about it and see all the incredible pictures. All jokes aside, I think that it is a great that you are able to be friendly for the kids. I wish you the best for your trip.

Like a soap opera right? One of the main reasons I am doing this is bc exDH and DS don't have much of a relationship -I'm hoping that this trip will help that. DS has plenty of male role models on my side of the family to look up to, but I don't want DS to have the same non-existant relationship with his father as exDH has with his.

count me in too :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in!:woohoo:

was thrown together for weeks with ex when our daughter was in a car wreck. i suggest:
have clearly defined roles, responsibilities, and boundaries discussed with him beforehand.
have an agreed upon "escape" or time-out procedure in case you need a break from each other.
remember, above all, why it is that you are doing this.
good luck and God bless to both of you for doing this for your kids :)

Thank you for your input. I have laid down some rules with #1 being this is not a way to rebuild a romance between us or reconcile in any way, shape or form.

Oy veh! Can't wait to hear about this...Good luck to you :)

Will there be another TR with amazing photos??

Of course, and I'm sure interesting tales to tell!

[QUOTE=Villainess;32723003]Thank you! I need luck! Where abouts in NJ are you?

I travel between Florence (Burlington Co) and Eatontown! :)

How funny! I live in Eatontown!

TinkTink78
07-16-2009, 09:32 AM
How funny! I live in Eatontown!

Small world!

Villainess
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
After exDH and I figured on the dates, the next step was to figure out where to stay. For sanity's sake, among other reasons, the kids and I will have one room and exDH will have another.

I decided to check out the AP rates at the moderate resorts, specifically Port Orleans Riverside and Caribbean Beach. Caribbean was available for the entire stay with a water view, but POR - where exDH really wanted to stay was only available the 2nd week in a water view.

POR
(photos courtesy of portorleans.org)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748276_nwyDe-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748307_MUsxV-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748286_W6Wma-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748299_Kk6gN-L.jpg

We've stayed at POR in a mansion, I believe Paterre(sp?) Place on exDH's first trip with my family. We also stayed at CBR that trip as well. Back when CBR first opened, my family and I stayed there too. If we decided on a split stay, I really wanted to stay in a mansion the bayou area doesn't really do it for me.

CBR is very pretty and I like their food court offerings for breakfast. Honestly, I couldn't decide whether I preferred a split stay or just to stay in one place for the entire trip. exDH couldn't either so he left it up to me to decide. Figures! :confused3

(photos courtesy of wdwinfo.com)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748261_TivtF-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748237_rCN4g-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748251_ugHCX-L.jpg

As I watched DD and DS run around the backyard through the sprinkler that my dad was using to water the newly laid sod, I decided to check out the DVC for Rent boards over here on DIS. My parents are DVC owners, so I will admit to being spoiled staying in these resorts. I was curious how much it would cost to stay in a studio at one of these places.

Holy Batman! It's only about $100 more than staying at CBR for the entire time! WOW! Hmmm... :idea:

A new proposal to exDH - how about staying at a DVC resort? He was definitely for the idea when I showed him the costs and of course, all eyes turned towards the BWV. He is fascinated with this area. We stayed at the Dolphin once and since then has wanted to stay at BW. He loves the energy and action of the Boardwalk at night.

Me, well I definitely liked the idea of staying someplace new. I was worried about the noise level, however.

I was lucky to find a fellow DIS'er who checked availibility for the resorts.

We are staying ...

8/25 - 8/28 at OKW studio, requested the Hospitality House area (this is my parents home resort, along with SSR)

(photos courtesy of wdwinfo.com)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/580315033_JXjVu-L.gif

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592747355_guMtP-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592747352_7GvwC-L.jpg

8/28 - 9/5 at BWV, studio preferred view

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748218_J2arH-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748234_8G388-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/592748226_GJamk-L.jpg

some of my photos:
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/367451424_x7bQi-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/367429851_YceKz-L-2.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/367449657_8yV4B-L.jpg

9/5 - 9/7 back to OKW, studio requested Hospitality House

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/445222595_Wqv7s-L-1.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/445222690_HNkdp-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/445222824_YisLb-L.jpg

With the preferred view at BWV, it will be an additional $200 over staying at CBR with a water view for the entire stay. Not bad, huh?

A bit of moving - how do we switch resorts? Taxi?

Coming Up in Lesson 4: exDH's homework assignment

marsa1969
07-16-2009, 11:19 AM
We stayed at SSR our last trip. I liked it, but I so want to stay at CBR or BW to be close to our favorite place - Epcot!

jbrady100
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
A bit of moving - how do we switch resorts? Taxi?

Last trip I moved from AKV to SSR. I called bell services on the morning of our switch, they came and picked up our luggage and moved it to SSR for us. We went to the parks for the day and when we checked in at SSR that afternoon bell services brought our luggage up to us.

KAMKIM
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
popcorn:: this will be a good one :) I dont think anyone can read your title and pass this up :lmao:

winkers
07-16-2009, 02:55 PM
My first thought is you need to get a psyhciatric evaluation!:laughing:

Villainess
07-16-2009, 03:15 PM
We stayed at SSR our last trip. I liked it, but I so want to stay at CBR or BW to be close to our favorite place - Epcot!

My stay at SSR was a brief one.

exDH and I surprised my parents, DBIL and Dsis while they were there during Christmas. With my job at the time (realtor) I had been assigned floortime at the office since I was single with no kids and everyone else had their kids home from school. I couldn't find anyone to cover my time. Bumbed and frankly mad as anything that I couldn't go, I called out sick (I did have a sinus infection), exDH and I jumped in teh car and drove through the night surprising everyone at MGM. We stayed 3 days and drove back NY day.

Last trip I moved from AKV to SSR. I called bell services on the morning of our switch, they came and picked up our luggage and moved it to SSR for us. We went to the parks for the day and when we checked in at SSR that afternoon bell services brought our luggage up to us.

Oh, that's good. Thanks for the tip! I had visions of exDH lugging suitcase via taxi while the kids and I enjoyed a park! j/k :rotfl: Well, maybe ...

popcorn:: this will be a good one :) I dont think anyone can read your title and pass this up :lmao:

Thanks for joining in!

My first thought is you need to get a psyhciatric evaluation!:laughing:

That's what my mom says.

Leleluvsdis
07-16-2009, 03:18 PM

I've also heard they do this.

Lady Lallie
07-16-2009, 04:22 PM
You are one brave lady! :laughing: I can't wait to see how all of this unfolds.

tink1957
07-16-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm so in for this one. I'm one of those crazy people who vacationed with their Ex & it's ok, but I only did it for 3 days of a 6 day vacation I can't imagine doing it for as long as you. The only reason I did it was for my DS to go deep sea fishing so I wouldn't have to take him. Good luck to you & I can't wait to hear how this turns out.popcorn::

longing2Batdisney
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
this is where I visited!!:upsidedow not your other TR like I thought...when I read pg 1 of your TR this afternoon; I thought I know I'm not crazy this is not what I read the other night. But, signed on til I figured it out :lmao: so, I got two for the price of one:idea:

:wave: OK all caught up with you on this one...wow that is alot of moving but it really does sound like alot of fun and you get to experience two new places on one stay :thumbsup2 sounds like an interesting vacation Danny & I are married 23 yrs and we get on one another's nerves; so, I can't imagine an EX:wizard:sending pixiedust:

now I have to go catch up on the other one...maybe tomorrow it looked like I am way behind on the TR
:flower3:

courtlynne
07-22-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm in! This is the first TR I've followed!

jaydoe
07-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi....

I just happen to stumble upon you PTR!! And you are not alone!! :) My ExHubby and I are planning our 3rd vacation together since being divorced. We have gone twice to Disneyland and this is our first time (since being divorced) going to WDW!! We are going October 16-24. We have a 7 year old daughter (who will be 8 by the time we go). We have always loved all things Disney. In fact, our honeymoon was at WDW. My daughter was only 2 when we divorced. So she has never really known us to be together, except for vacation!! I know some people probably think is a strange situation, but that's ok. I know my DD likes our vacations together and it's really all about her anyway!! It's important that she knows we can always come together to support her and love her!

And just a final side note......I love the fact that when we vacation together and he does something that just really bothers me, I don't live with him ANYMORE!!! :rotfl2:

I hope you and the family have a fabulous vacation!!! :tink:

OhMari
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Disney does a great job, moving your luggage from one resort to another.
I was told they do all moving from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

We moved from the Beach Club over to POR. I was a bit embarassed, because we had so much luggage, a cooler, snacks and a stadium chair-(we went to a Nascar race in Homestead). The valet was really cool about it. He will count all the luggage with you, and then he will discuss and write down all the extra's on a sheet of paper. He joked with us about the snacks, and said, he don't know if the snacks will make it. But he tied them all up in a bag and hung them on one of the hooks. When we got to POR, they brought our luggage in the exact same way, it was packed at the BC. We tipped valet $10 in both places. It sure saved us a headache of moving everything. Someone once said, to move your luggage with park busses, but I guess it isn't allowed.

MKB419
07-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Ok I am in. Can't wait to read the updated.
Mary Kay

hhockman
07-24-2009, 11:02 AM
TOTALLY IN!

Can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

I followed you over from mickeystoontown.

I'm really impressed that you two are adult enough to do this for your kids! :thumbsup2

racefanof88
07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
OK girl, you have me hooked on this PTR and your May TR :lmao:. My exDH and I are friends and we talk on the phone all the time. We were only married for 3 1/2 years and we had no children together. My DH now doesn't say much about us talking. He knows I'm not going any where after 22 years and 3 kids.........:rotfl2:.

Villainess
07-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi Guys! I will be back to respond shortly to all of you - wanted to aplogize for my absence last week. I had my business set up at the county fair so the week was spent prepping, setting up and sitting out there until 11pm every night. I'm beat!

New updates coming up today and through the week!

Villainess
07-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I've also heard they do this.

Thanks! I think this will be the plan then!

You are one brave lady! :laughing: I can't wait to see how all of this unfolds.

Oh - I' definitely packing lots of tylenol! LOL!

I'm so in for this one. I'm one of those crazy people who vacationed with their Ex & it's ok, but I only did it for 3 days of a 6 day vacation I can't imagine doing it for as long as you. The only reason I did it was for my DS to go deep sea fishing so I wouldn't have to take him. Good luck to you & I can't wait to hear how this turns out.popcorn::

Welcome and thanks for reading!

this is where I visited!!:upsidedow not your other TR like I thought...when I read pg 1 of your TR this afternoon; I thought I know I'm not crazy this is not what I read the other night. But, signed on til I figured it out :lmao: so, I got two for the price of one:idea:

:wave: OK all caught up with you on this one...wow that is alot of moving but it really does sound like alot of fun and you get to experience two new places on one stay :thumbsup2 sounds like an interesting vacation Danny & I are married 23 yrs and we get on one another's nerves; so, I can't imagine an EX:wizard:sending pixiedust:

now I have to go catch up on the other one...maybe tomorrow it looked like I am way behind on the TR
:flower3:

Thanks for joining in - here and in the TR!

I'm in! This is the first TR I've followed!

Welcome aboard!

Hi....

I just happen to stumble upon you PTR!! And you are not alone!! :) My ExHubby and I are planning our 3rd vacation together since being divorced. We have gone twice to Disneyland and this is our first time (since being divorced) going to WDW!! We are going October 16-24. We have a 7 year old daughter (who will be 8 by the time we go). We have always loved all things Disney. In fact, our honeymoon was at WDW. My daughter was only 2 when we divorced. So she has never really known us to be together, except for vacation!! I know some people probably think is a strange situation, but that's ok. I know my DD likes our vacations together and it's really all about her anyway!! It's important that she knows we can always come together to support her and love her!

And just a final side note......I love the fact that when we vacation together and he does something that just really bothers me, I don't live with him ANYMORE!!! :rotfl2:

I hope you and the family have a fabulous vacation!!! :tink:

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Yes, the true reason for the vacation is all about DD and DS. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one to do this.

Disney does a great job, moving your luggage from one resort to another.
I was told they do all moving from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

We moved from the Beach Club over to POR. I was a bit embarassed, because we had so much luggage, a cooler, snacks and a stadium chair-(we went to a Nascar race in Homestead). The valet was really cool about it. He will count all the luggage with you, and then he will discuss and write down all the extra's on a sheet of paper. He joked with us about the snacks, and said, he don't know if the snacks will make it. But he tied them all up in a bag and hung them on one of the hooks. When we got to POR, they brought our luggage in the exact same way, it was packed at the BC. We tipped valet $10 in both places. It sure saved us a headache of moving everything. Someone once said, to move your luggage with park busses, but I guess it isn't allowed.

It will certainly save lots of time and hassle, especially with the kids to let them do it. Glad to know!

Ok I am in. Can't wait to read the updated.
Mary Kay

Hi! Thanks for stopping in.

TOTALLY IN!

Can't wait to see how this turns out. :)

I followed you over from mickeystoontown.

I'm really impressed that you two are adult enough to do this for your kids! :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining in!

OK girl, you have me hooked on this PTR and your May TR :lmao:. My exDH and I are friends and we talk on the phone all the time. We were only married for 3 1/2 years and we had no children together. My DH now doesn't say much about us talking. He knows I'm not going any where after 22 years and 3 kids.........:rotfl2:.j

Glad to have you here and at the TR!

Singinglizzie
07-27-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys! I will be back to respond shortly to all of you - wanted to aplogize for my absence last week. I had my business set up at the county fair so the week was spent prepping, setting up and sitting out there until 11pm every night. I'm beat!

New updates coming up today and through the week!

Cant wait to see more pictures!!! Good for you for being willing to go to WDW with your ex! Thanks for letting me tag along!

Villainess
07-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Since I was handling the communication with the DVC members we are renting points from, I gave exDH a homework assignment: to come up with places to eat at. Now, given that we are waaaaayyy past the 90 day dining window, I knew that some places would be extremely hard to get into, and that we would need to make them fast. Given the fact that the kids and I were just in WDW in April/May, and he hasn't been there since 2006, I would let him get his top eating picks first.

So, a weekend went by - I sent him links to all the menus so he could look at them in case anything had changed. A week went by ... another weekend ... and I'm getting antsy. OK, I'm getting annoyed. :headache: Typical. Did this when we were married ... So I started to make ADR's. Come on! I mean you can make them online now and I'm itching to try it! LOL! It's the little things right? :rotfl2:

I made ADRs for our first dinner at LTT, well Diamond Horseshoe Revue - same food - bc that is exDH"s favorite restaurant in WDW.

I tried to get Chef Mickey and Ohana's bc those are 2 other favorites of his, but have not been successful. In all honesty, I wasn't surprised to find there was no availability for either of the places on any of the dates.

Then I just kept going, emailing him the updated spreadsheet with all the dining choices.

Right now, it looks like:

8/25 dinner at Diamond Horseshoe (I really miss the old can can show there!)
8/26 - 6:50pm Biergarten (haven't been there since 2004 when exDH and I tried to drink around the world - I'm not a drinker so I didn't make it)
8/27 - nothing
8/28 - 4:45pm Rose N Crown - a bit early but it's evening EMH
8/29 - 6:15pm Rainforest at AK - evening EMH
8/30 - 11:20am Sci-Fi
8/31 - DS's pretend birthday day, plans to be revealed in future post
9/1 - DD's pretend birthday day, plans to be revealed in future post
9/2 - 5pm HDDR Category 1 seating
9/3 - 5:50pm Brown Derby
9/4 - 4:25pm The Plaza, MNSSHP
9/5 - 7pm Tutto Italia
9/6 - 9:15am Crystal Palace
9/7 - nothing

After sending the emails and updates showing exDH that we need to make ADR's and knowing that I can cancel something if exDH wanted to eat somewhere else and we could get in, he finally submitted his homework assignment!

What's on the list, you ask?

Ohana's
Chef Mickey's
LTT
Rose N Crown
Biergarten
Coral Reef
Nine Dragons
The Wave
Brown Derby

4 out of 9 ain't bad - I guess I still know him! (6 if I could have gotten ADR's at Ohana's and Chef Mickey's) I vetoed Nine Dragons right away bc the woman from Disney who deals with food allergies couldn't guarantee me that the food there was free of MSG; I have a severe allergy to it so I can't take the chance.

I tried to swap Tutto Italia for Coral Reef but didn't like the time slots so exDH said to keep the Italy one and it will be a new experience for all of us.

The Wave is still pending for 8/27. I ate here in May and liked it but the kids didn't enjoy it. In their defense, they were overtired, very hungry, and hot so I think dinner anywhere would have been difficult.

Coming Up - Lesson 5: Celebrating DD and DS's birthdays!

hhockman
07-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Oooh. Can't wait to see what surprises you have for their birthdays!

We went for DS7's 4th birthday and it was a lot of fun. And we went a couple weeks early b/c his birthday is late March which = Spring Break. Unfortunately DS4's bday is early June so neither of them have good birthdays for Disney World (though we did go for the day for DS4's 1st birthday-but we still lived in Florida then).

Can't wait to see what you have planned!

MadilynnsMomma
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
With a title like this - who can resist? Not me! Count me in!

longing2Batdisney
07-27-2009, 02:35 PM
sounds like a good dining plan...sorry you missed out on Ohana and CM try again sometimes there are cx even up to the day you want the ressie...good luck

can't wait to hear about the b-day surprises...

marsa1969
07-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I was starting to wonder if they was anything wrong with you or your family, but I'm glad it was just work. I hope all went well with the fair!
I hope you can get some more ADR's. We love the Biergarten - I could go every night if I could. Can't wait to here the birthday suprises.

coruth4
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I can totally relate to your story! I am also traveling with my ex this December with our three children. Two of our children have special needs - so for just one of us to try and go alone with all three is very difficult.
Additionally it has turned into a Grand Gathering that includes his parents & one of his brothers and that family.
I get along with his whole family very well, so not worried about that. I am more concerned with sharing the info with MY parents - who did not like the ex (we had a rough divorce at the beginning). :scared1:
But it more about the kids and letting them enjoy a great trip (and making it all more affordable for everyone).
I look forward to reading your trip report and how it progresses! Good luck!

Villainess
07-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Oooh. Can't wait to see what surprises you have for their birthdays!

We went for DS7's 4th birthday and it was a lot of fun. And we went a couple weeks early b/c his birthday is late March which = Spring Break. Unfortunately DS4's bday is early June so neither of them have good birthdays for Disney World (though we did go for the day for DS4's 1st birthday-but we still lived in Florida then).

Can't wait to see what you have planned!

I've only been for my bday once, and it was about 5 days after the fact. Been there for Dee Dad's, my mom's, and sister's actual birthdays - oh and exDH's too, come to think of it.

Part of the reason for the time frame is bc of my business - I get busy in Oct. with craft fairs and also getting ready for Christmas card design season. It would have been ideal to go end Sept/early Oct. in between both their bday's.

Worried that we'll get there and they'll have a hurricane!

With a title like this - who can resist? Not me! Count me in!

Glad to have you on board! :thumbsup2

sounds like a good dining plan...sorry you missed out on Ohana and CM try again sometimes there are cx even up to the day you want the ressie...good luck

can't wait to hear about the b-day surprises...

I wasn't able to check last week, but usually check a few times a day to see about cancellations. Even if we don't get in, we still have some great dining places!

I was starting to wonder if they was anything wrong with you or your family, but I'm glad it was just work. I hope all went well with the fair!
I hope you can get some more ADR's. We love the Biergarten - I could go every night if I could. Can't wait to here the birthday suprises.

The fair worked out. Out of 5 days, there was one rain out day (Thurs. night), and we had 2 storms on Sat and Sun. blow over us. Last night during cleanup the heavens opened up, tents covers were blowing open and trees falling but we got the day in so I was happy! Last year we missed out on Sunday and part of Wednesday night - Sunday is my best day so I wasn't happy then.

Bday surprises are coming up next. Probably tomorrow. Gotta put the kids to bed soon.

I can totally relate to your story! I am also traveling with my ex this December with our three children. Two of our children have special needs - so for just one of us to try and go alone with all three is very difficult.
Additionally it has turned into a Grand Gathering that includes his parents & one of his brothers and that family.
I get along with his whole family very well, so not worried about that. I am more concerned with sharing the info with MY parents - who did not like the ex (we had a rough divorce at the beginning). :scared1:
But it more about the kids and letting them enjoy a great trip (and making it all more affordable for everyone).
I look forward to reading your trip report and how it progresses! Good luck!

exDH and I had a rough divorce too. My mom was NOT happy when I told her - took awhile and my dad and sister had to make her realize the reason why I am doing this - the kids. We can all get along for bdays and such, but my mom/family is worried that I will get hurt again or he will try to control me, etc. I know it won't happen bc I won't allow it to.

I too get along with my exMIL. exFIL and I never had much of a relationship but we are cordial.

mickeysmyboy
07-28-2009, 06:37 AM
I just noticed the lin in your siggie!

Wow! Your such a strong, brave women for doing this! I think it will be great for the little ones to have a nice vaction with mommy and daddy!

Great prices on the DVC rentals!

can't wait to read more!

deedeew80
07-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Decided to join over here too!! Sounds like this could get interesting!! LOL!

tarak
07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Subscribing - couldn't resist the title :lmao:.
You have to take your DD to Disneyworld next - the castle there really is Sleeping Beauty's castle!

mickeyfan71
07-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Joined in your TR in progress so I am now subbing here! It's great that you and exDH can take a vacation with the kids together. So many can't even manage being in the same room together! Can't wait to see whats planned for the babies bdays!

Villainess
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I cannot stand Tinkerbell! Never liked her bc of her sassy, spoiled brat attitude. Sure I like Peter Pan, but she always irked me. Then she gets a movie and not only does she talk, but she's sweet?! Since when? And there are 4 more Tink movies on the way?

As you can probably guess, we didn't spend any time waiting in line to meet Tink & friends in Pixie Hollow, and I have no intention of doing so this trip either.

No offense to those who like her (I do like watching her fly from the castle during the fireworks), just a little rant on my part since the kids are eating lunch watching Return to Neverland.

longing2Batdisney
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
I really did not like the spoiled, jealous girlfriend tinkerbell of the past, either.

but, I do have to say I really do like the "new" tinkerbell...we watch both Peter Pan movies and the Tinkerbell movie on a regular basis and I am looking forward to the new movies...and since I have a little boy we did not go to see the fairies when we visited WDW.

But, I know just where your rant is coming from!!! ;)

disneygirlinnj
07-29-2009, 01:27 PM
have to run to a meeting but i'm subbing! this sounds interesting :)

scoot241
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Alright, you got my attention too. Just couldn't resist with a title like that!

Villainess
07-29-2009, 02:20 PM
... to DD and DS!

On this trip we are celebrating DD and DS's birthdays a little early. DD's actual bday is Sept 14 and DS's is Oct. 29. Both of them will have family parties around their actual birthday (see future posts on invitations - DD's is an Aurora party and DS's is going to be Cars).

exDH and I decided to dedicate one day for each of them and make it their unbirthday.

DS's bday is going to August 31.

On our last trip - he absolutely loved AK and the safari. Add that to his love of Donald Duck and the plans were set in motion for his special day.

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/605242668_w6bnS-L.jpg

We are kicking off his unbirthday day with 8:30 am ADR's at Donald's Breakfast Safari at the Tusker House. This has got to be the best breakfast buffet. We've gone twice now, and have enjoyed it both times - great food, characters :thumbsup2

AK has AM EMH hours so the plan is to get there for the opening show which we've never seen before. Ideally it would be great to catch a safari ride before breakfast but I'm not sure if it's doable, so I may have exDH run up and grab FP's (if they are open this early) for after breakfast.

We'll spend the majority of the day at AK, probably wrapping it up with the Jammin' Jungle Parade before heading back to Boardwalk to relax.

Dinner is TBD - probably a CS of some sort (or maybe order Picnic in the Park to bring back to BWV) bc by 8:15 we need to be over at the Contemporary dock area for the
Pirate & Pals Fireworks Cruise

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/605242786_sQuUh-L.jpg

This event begins with cookies, snacks and beverages before you "set sail" on your magical voyage where you'll have prime viewing of the Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" and "Electrical Water Pageant." Before you board, none other than Captain Hook and his hapless first-mate Mr. Smee arrive for some mayhem and photos. Your host for the night is "Patch," a pirate of dubious distinction. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch will have you singing along and challenge you to some Disney Trivia.

Your "ship will set anchor" at the perfect spot overlooking the Magic Kingdom to view "Wishes". From there you return to the pier while Patch regales you with the story of Peter Pan. When you arrive, you'll see that none other than Peter himself is there to greet you.

Sept 1 is going to be DD's unbirthday day.

We are starting out at Akershus Princess Storybook Breakfast at 9:25am. DD will be completely dolled up as Aurora, I'm sure! Of course, as soon as breakfast is over I will change her into a cooler dress for the day.

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/605242706_5pLhf-L.jpg

By the time we are finished with breakfast and have changed DD's wardrobe, it should be close to 11am and we can spend some time around World Showcase, meeting characters - seeing some of the shows. We'll head back to BWV around 3:30-4 to relax and get ready for the evening.

Her birthday dinner continues at ...
Cinderella's Royal Table!

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/605242665_m9ZBm-L.jpg

"Dreams Come True Dinner"

Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
is an all-you-care-to-eat, fixed-price, set meal hosted by the Fairy Godmother,
who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries.

Complimentary Imaging Package: When you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room.

You get a photo package including:
# 4 prints 4" by 6"
# One print 6" by 8"
# One print 6" by 8" of Cinderella Castle
# Cinderella-themed photo holder
delivered to you during your meal. (One photo package per party of 1-4; two photo packages for parties of 5-8, etc.) Additional photos may be purchased. Note: These photos can also be added to your Disney's PhotoPass account!

Children (ages 3-9) also get a Surprise gift! A princess wand for girls and a prince's sword for boys!

Appetizers of the Court
Choice of one:

Castle Salad - Mixed Field Greens with Blue Cheese, Raspberries and Herb Gremolata tossed in Berry Vinaigrette

Vegetable Spring Roll - with Soybean and Bok Choy Salad and a Giner-Garlic Sauce

BLT Salad - Applewood Smoked Bacon, Tomato, Egg, Red Onion, and a wedge of Iceberg Lettuce drizzled with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette

Corn and Crab Soup - with Sour Cream and Chives

Entrées Royale:
Choice of one:

Roast Lamb Chops - with Gratin Potatoes, Vegetable Ragout, and drizzled with Herb Pesto

Pork Chop - with Bacon and Mushroom Ragout and Red Bliss Mashed Potatoes finished with Sweet Chipotle Glaze

Lemon Lavender Chicken - on Mashed Potatoes served with Wilted Spinach and a Chicken Jus

Roast Prime Rib of Beef - with Grilled Asparagus, Roasted Potatoes, and Cabernet Sauce

Pan Seared Salmon - with a grain Pilaf, Grilled Asparagus, and glazed with Rosemary-Lemon Honey

Cavatappi Pasta - Spiral Pasta with Summer Vegetables, Garlic, Basil, fresh Tomatoes, Ricotta, and grated Romano

Finale
Choice of one:

Chocolate Cream Cheese Buckle - A single layer of Chocolate Cake stuffed with Cream Cheese topped with Créme Chantily and finished with Créme Anglaise Sauce

Seasonal No Sugar Added Sorbet - with berries

Seasonal Cremé Brulée

Beverages
included in price

Coffee, Tea, Hot Cocoa

Minute Maid Apple Juice or Orange Juice

Milk
Soda
Iced Tea
Lemonade
Punch

Additional Beverages (Extra charge)

Cappuccino - $3.69
Espresso - $3.19

Still and Sparkling Bottled Water - $3.25

Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Brew - A frozen smoothie served in our Cinderella's collector's mug. Take home a piece of the castle. $8.20

Not a bad way to spend a birthday?

longing2Batdisney
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
What an awesome way to spend their 'Un" birthday's...
I cannot wait to hear about the pirate cruise when you come back...

I love how you have decided to do such wonderful and special days for each of them...

Villainess
07-29-2009, 02:26 PM
I just noticed the lin in your siggie!

Wow! Your such a strong, brave women for doing this! I think it will be great for the little ones to have a nice vaction with mommy and daddy!

Great prices on the DVC rentals!

can't wait to read more!

Brave = yes! HAHA! The DVC rental price was great - definitely recommend doing it!

Decided to join over here too!! Sounds like this could get interesting!! LOL!

Welcome to the group!

Subscribing - couldn't resist the title :lmao:.
You have to take your DD to Disneyworld next - the castle there really is Sleeping Beauty's castle!

I've been to DL twice - was planning on spending my 30th bday out there this coming Feb, but with DCA being revamped I may put the trip off there till it is finished. My mom has never been there before so I'd rather go when it is more complete.

Joined in your TR in progress so I am now subbing here! It's great that you and exDH can take a vacation with the kids together. So many can't even manage being in the same room together! Can't wait to see whats planned for the babies bdays!

We celebrate the kids bdays together and things like that - we don't do lots of stuff together but definitely the important things. Sometimes it's tough, but it's always for the kids - and that makes it worth it!

Villainess
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
I really did not like the spoiled, jealous girlfriend tinkerbell of the past, either.

but, I do have to say I really do like the "new" tinkerbell...we watch both Peter Pan movies and the Tinkerbell movie on a regular basis and I am looking forward to the new movies...and since I have a little boy we did not go to see the fairies when we visited WDW.

But, I know just where your rant is coming from!!! ;)

What I would like to know is that the Tinkerbell in the movies now is pre-Peter Pan and Neverland, correct? So what happened from being sweet fairy to the jealous, sassy fairy?

have to run to a meeting but i'm subbing! this sounds interesting :)

Welcome! :goodvibes

Alright, you got my attention too. Just couldn't resist with a title like that!

Hi! Thanks for joining in! :wizard:

What an awesome way to spend their 'Un" birthday's...
I cannot wait to hear about the pirate cruise when you come back...

I love how you have decided to do such wonderful and special days for each of them...

I'm really looking forward to the cruise - it sounds like such fun!

longing2Batdisney
07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
maybe the last Tinkerbell movie will lead up to Peter Pan (but, I doubt it). The thing I never got was why were all the girls so infatuated with Peter (he's suppose to be a boy who never grows up, shouldn't have girls hanging all over him)--that movie was def. done by the gentlemen's club ...:laughing:

The new Tink def. has more of a woman's touch...

marsa1969
07-29-2009, 02:48 PM
You have planned great un-birthday days. Will you get any special cakes or Cinderella's slipper? Too fun!

disneyeeyorefan
07-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Sounds like awesome un-birthday plans!!!! Heck, I am thirtysomething would love to do the Princess breakfast and Cinderellas Royal table!! Somehow since I have 2 sons, I don't think that is going to happen:banana:

deedeew80
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
That sounds amazing for your children's unbirthday!!! Wish I was going!! LOL! BTW, I too am not a Tinkerbell fan! Never have been.

thunderbird1
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Followed your link over here from OneTreeHillAddict's Grand Gathering PTR. Am I too old to be your adopted dd? :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear how this all turns out--good luck to you, and hope we run into you at WDW!

Villainess
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
maybe the last Tinkerbell movie will lead up to Peter Pan (but, I doubt it). The thing I never got was why were all the girls so infatuated with Peter (he's suppose to be a boy who never grows up, shouldn't have girls hanging all over him)--that movie was def. done by the gentlemen's club ...:laughing:

The new Tink def. has more of a woman's touch...

Yeah, I guess the mermaids didn't have much to choose from - the Lost Boys were too young and then there's Cpt. Hook and gang - too old for them. Peter must have been "close enough" LOL! :rotfl2:

You have planned great un-birthday days. Will you get any special cakes or Cinderella's slipper? Too fun!

Haven't thought about any special cakes. Breakfast is way too early for cakes and since DS's is a fireworks cruise at night - a cake wouldn't really work out, unless we got one at the BW bakery and had it at the room. Then maybe a cake at CRT or slipper. Need to think about this ...

Sounds like awesome un-birthday plans!!!! Heck, I am thirtysomething would love to do the Princess breakfast and Cinderellas Royal table!! Somehow since I have 2 sons, I don't think that is going to happen:banana:

I'm a girlie girl myself, but I love having both a boy and girl - I get to do both - princesses and pirates!

That sounds amazing for your children's unbirthday!!! Wish I was going!! LOL! BTW, I too am not a Tinkerbell fan! Never have been.

Woo Hoo another non Tink fan! Should we start a club? LOL! :lmao:

Followed your link over here from OneTreeHillAddict's Grand Gathering PTR. Am I too old to be your adopted dd? :rotfl2: Can't wait to hear how this all turns out--good luck to you, and hope we run into you at WDW!

Noone is ever too old at Disney! Yes, I hope to see you in WDW too!

Villainess
07-29-2009, 05:32 PM
In this lesson, we will cover the basics for dressing appropriately for MNSSHP in Sept. I can't even believe there is one on Sept 4th. When I told my dad, he just rolled his eyes and was like, "So early?"

I agree, but since I've never been, I'm jumping on the opportunity to go to this party. I really liked the Pirate & Princess Party and was bummed they didn't have it this year. I'm most looking forward to the parade and the villains! I love the Villains!

But what to wear in the heat of Sept that is still fun and not 'just a t-shirt'.

My first idea was being Mousketeers. Easy enough to do and would be cool and comfy, but I wasn't in love with the idea.

I want it to be themed for everyone bc I'm obsessive like that and plan too many things down to the last detail. (You should've seen the decorations I made for 4th of July), and it has to be Disney related.

So what have I chosen?

Ready?

Start singing!

We're going as It's a Small World Dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(haven't told the ex yet, but he'll go with it - it was DD's idea!) :thumbsup2

Now, I only have to figure out which dolls to go as. I'm not having problems coming up with ideas for DD or I:
-hula girl (DD)
-can can dancer (DD or me)
-belly dancer (DD)
-China or Japan doll (DD or me)
-senorita (DD or me)
-any other really good ones?

For DS and exDH:
-gondolier
-beefeater - costume may be impossible to find
-toy soldier
-Mexican doll (sombrero and poncho)
-cowboy

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

scoot241
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Nice idea for costumes!

I just realized that we'll be arriving the day before y'all leave. I guess there's a slim chance we could run into each other.

disneygirlinnj
07-29-2009, 08:54 PM
there's also the german dolls with the boys dressed in lederhosen, isn't there? :)

I'm all caught up and it already sounds like a great trip! time to go catch up on your current report in progress :)

mickeysmyboy
07-30-2009, 09:38 AM
OMG! What a cute, creative idea for your MNSSHP costumes! I LOVE it!!!

Villainess
07-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Nice idea for costumes!

I just realized that we'll be arriving the day before y'all leave. I guess there's a slim chance we could run into each other.

You never know! We'll be in MK that day I'm sure!

there's also the german dolls with the boys dressed in lederhosen, isn't there? :)

I'm all caught up and it already sounds like a great trip! time to go catch up on your current report in progress :)

Oh yes, forgot about the German dolls. exDH in lederhosen - that would be a sight! :rotfl2::lmao:

OMG! What a cute, creative idea for your MNSSHP costumes! I LOVE it!!!

Thank you!

I'm wondering if people will *get* that we are supposed to be IASW dolls and not just this random assortment of ethnic people. Maybe I should make a sign

"LOST SMALL WORLD DOLLS. PLEASE RETURN US TO OUR HOME."

:confused3

scoot241
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm wondering if people will *get* that we are supposed to be IASW dolls and not just this random assortment of ethnic people. Maybe I should make a sign

I'm thinking you'll probably need the sign. And of course you will have to ride IASW while in costume (and take pictures).

mickeyfan71
07-30-2009, 10:12 AM
The "un" birthday events look like alot of fun! Great idea with the costumes! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

ZeroToHero
07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
8/26 - 6:50pm Biergarten (haven't been there since 2004 when exDH and I tried to drink around the world - I'm not a drinker so I didn't make it)
8/28 - 4:45pm Rose N Crown - a bit early but it's evening EMH

We'll be at Epcot the same days! :woohoo:

You might want to add "Please do not throw coins at us."

(..Hopefully some people will have seen this thread and laugh at that..)

And by the way, if exDH is annoying you, give us a call. We're at SSR, and we can come over and dump him in the OKW themed pool. ;) Give you a little you time.

jenjolt
07-30-2009, 10:59 AM
OOH okay I'm all got up!!! First of all like many have said you are a brave woman, but I think you guys are going to have a great time on your trip and its so close LOL!!!!

I love your MNSSHP idea I think its very cute!!!!!! I also really think your kids are going to enjoy their Very Merry Unbirthday activities...I know I would LOL!!!!!!!

Villainess
07-30-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking you'll probably need the sign. And of course you will have to ride IASW while in costume (and take pictures).

Oh most definitely! Yes, I think I need a sign - hmmm... make it look like the IASW sign, perhaps - with the dolls and the boat?

Maybe I could make the stroller look like a boat? OK, I'm going overboard (no pun intended! :rotfl2: )

The "un" birthday events look like alot of fun! Great idea with the costumes! Can't wait to see how they turn out!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to both unbirthdays and the party!

We'll be at Epcot the same days! :woohoo:

You might want to add "Please do not throw coins at us."

(..Hopefully some people will have seen this thread and laugh at that..)

And by the way, if exDH is annoying you, give us a call. We're at SSR, and we can come over and dump him in the OKW themed pool. ;) Give you a little you time.

Then we will have to meet in Epcot!

In bold! OMG! :scared1::lmao::rotfl2: Yes, I should add that - I saw the thread and video. Gee, if I knew how to sew costumes I could make us look chipped and hold the sign "The results of coin abuse"

OK - deal! I'll have to PM you my cell when time gets closer!

OOH okay I'm all got up!!! First of all like many have said you are a brave woman, but I think you guys are going to have a great time on your trip and its so close LOL!!!!

I love your MNSSHP idea I think its very cute!!!!!! I also really think your kids are going to enjoy their Very Merry Unbirthday activities...I know I would LOL!!!!!!!

Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes Working on the costume ideas some more

Anyone notice that almost all costumes for women are these sexy things?

Just left a message for exDH, all it said was, "What are your thoughts on wearing lederhosen?" :rolleyes1 Can't wait for the return phone call!

Getting some pics of costume ideas together!

disneygirlinnj
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
Just left a message for exDH, all it said was, "What are your thoughts on wearing lederhosen?" :rolleyes1 Can't wait for the return phone call!

Omg I MUST know his answer :rotfl2:

racefanof88
07-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I can't wait to hear what your exDH has to say about costumes. I am trying to decide what I want to wear to MNSSHP, DH does not want me to dress up at all.......:lmao:. I too have noted that all the costumes for women are kinda skimpy. I have some white sheets, I could just go dressed for a toga party :rotfl2:.

mickeysmyboy
07-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyone notice that almost all costumes for women are these sexy things?

Getting some pics of costume ideas together!

I've notice the really sexy womens costumes too! It hard to find a decent womens halloween costume!

:lmao: OMG! That message is too funny! I can't wait to find out what he says! I just got this hysterical visual of DH in Lederhosen! :rotfl2:

Villainess
07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Omg I MUST know his answer :rotfl2:

:lmao: See below!

I can't wait to hear what your exDH has to say about costumes. I am trying to decide what I want to wear to MNSSHP, DH does not want me to dress up at all.......:lmao:. I too have noted that all the costumes for women are kinda skimpy. I have some white sheets, I could just go dressed for a toga party :rotfl2:.

LOL! :rotfl2:

I've notice the really sexy womens costumes too! It hard to find a decent womens halloween costume!

:lmao: OMG! That message is too funny! I can't wait to find out what he says! I just got this hysterical visual of DH in Lederhosen! :rotfl2:

I pictured exDH in them too and laughed so hard my sides hurt! LOL!

Sooooo ... I rcvd a text message from him (why doesn't anyone call a person anymore?!) "What do you have in mind? Very curious." was his response. I explained the idea and he's all for dressing up. Here are the options I found so far.

For DD:

a little dutch girl!
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917813_tctmz-L.jpg
or
leprechaun
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917834_vi4Mt-L.jpg

But I'm 99.9% sure she's going to be the Dutch girl - she likes this costume better.

For DS:

German boy
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917791_ciCBK-L.jpg

Was hoping this looked like a toy soldier, but not sure
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917802_CMmYF-L.jpg

DS will probably be the German boy and I will be spared of looking at exDH in lederhosen (sigh of relief from the WDW guests of MNSSHP that were cancelling their tix for Sept. 4th). :rotfl2: I think the German boy would be cooler for DS than the soldier

For exDH:

Mexican guy
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917836_DtW83-L.jpg

pharaoh (there's a pharaoh in IASW, right?)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917841_Xejbw-L.jpg

gondolier
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917815_7qcDe-L.jpg

Egyptian guy (minus sword)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917800_6JHFv-L.jpg

German guy (but DS will probably have this costume)
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917790_ogHqR-L.jpg

Scotsman
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917843_sKbQ5-L.jpg
exDH said he would be fine wearing a kilt Ummm... :rolleyes1

he mentioned a Native American but followed up by saying that he would probably look like the guy from the Village People. Whoah! Way TMI! :rotfl2: OK, cross Native American off the list!

For me:

Having lots of trouble finding something for me. Like I said so much is so skimpy.

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917828_aSuaP-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917814_X7TTZ-L.jpg

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606917801_HUZ7B-L.jpg

I saw a Carmen Miranda costume that I think would be sooooo fun, BUT it shows off the belly area and I don't think I want to do that. Wasn't able to find a harem type outfit that didn't show that off either.
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/606934207_JQwhV-L.jpg

I would ultimately like to try to represent different areas of the world. If DD is the dutch girl and DS the german boy, I think I would prefer exDH and I to be in non-European costumes. I could always make DD an Asian girl. In May I dressed her up in Japan and I was so close to buying the outfit - she looked so cute. That is an option, but I love the dutch girl costume, too.

Suggestions? Thoughts?

longing2Batdisney
07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Love the little dutch girl! the german boy is adorable (the hat needs to be changed for the picture above to be a toy solider)! What is with men and a kilt? DD exbff had a kilt --LOL! anyway I really like the Spanish dancer (no skin) and I love the Carmen Miranda costume (but if you are uncomfortable). Great ideas!!! Good luck with what you choose... I know I'm no help...I like the same things you do ;)

Villainess
07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Love the little dutch girl! the german boy is adorable (the hat needs to be changed for the picture above to be a toy solider)! What is with men and a kilt? DD exbff had a kilt --LOL! anyway I really like the Spanish dancer (no skin) and I love the Carmen Miranda costume (but if you are uncomfortable). Great ideas!!! Good luck with what you choose... I know I'm no help...I like the same things you do ;)

I think I'm going to have to go the local costume shop and see what they have - if they have the Carmen Miranda outfit - try it on and see how it looks, same with the Spanish dancer.

I found this awesome Russian costume - there was a female and male one but they were both over $125 so waaaaayyy too pricey.

jenjolt
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
I just adore those Dutch girl and German boy outfits, your kids are going to look amazing in the them and there will be no doubt what you are trying to be!!!!

For the guy I really liked the Gondolier outfit...I'm pretty sure there is one of those in ISAW...it was a very nice looking outfit!!

Good luck finding one for you!!!

MadilynnsMomma
07-31-2009, 01:35 PM
My Votes:
DD: Dutch Girl! Hands down!
DS: German Boy
DH: Gondolier
You: Maybe you could go as the Native American, I saw some that weren't priced too high, or cut too high for that matter :lmao:

--------------------------
Love the UnBirthday ideas!!!

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I cannot stand Tinkerbell! Never liked her bc of her sassy, spoiled brat attitude. Sure I like Peter Pan, but she always irked me. Then she gets a movie and not only does she talk, but she's sweet?! Since when? And there are 4 more Tink movies on the way?

As you can probably guess, we didn't spend any time waiting in line to meet Tink & friends in Pixie Hollow, and I have no intention of doing so this trip either.

No offense to those who like her (I do like watching her fly from the castle during the fireworks), just a little rant on my part since the kids are eating lunch watching Return to Neverland.

Never been a fan of Tink either. No desire to see her and her friends, or watch the movie...

ZeroToHero
07-31-2009, 08:43 PM

When DBF was in a show, he dressed up as Axl Rose, and I made him a kilt.

Blackmail pictures are in my pre-trip report... :lmao:

I think it's on Youtube too....

racefanof88
07-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I love the little Dutch girl and German boy :thumbsup2. I like the Carmen Miranda costume too. I have been looking at costume sites for weeks and just can't find anything. I think I am going to try and find a poodle skirt and go 50's.

longing2Batdisney
07-31-2009, 10:49 PM
I love the little Dutch girl and German boy :thumbsup2. I like the Carmen Miranda costume too. I have been looking at costume sites for weeks and just can't find anything. I think I am going to try and find a poodle skirt and go 50's.
Dana, I love that idea! As I have gotten to know you I think that would be a perfect fit for your personality --Dale would look "cool" hair grease jeans and rolled up white tshirt. :upsidedow

bettyann29
07-31-2009, 11:02 PM
I am definitely in for this PTR!

I can certainly relate as I have an ex DH who is the father to my 3 kids and we have a rather odd relationship.. When me and current DH go on trips or on a cruise as we from time to time go by ourselves without the kids, my ex DH comes and stays at our house so that my kids dont have to uproot themselves from home.. He comes over here and stays with them.. Many people think this is rather odd.. we all get along great.. much better than when we were married.. and DH gets along with him also..

The way I look at it is that this person will always be in your life.. even when your kids grow up and have their own families and have babies of their own.. at that point, you now have grandchildren in common.. Once you have children with another individual you have to realize that they are always going to be a part of your life.. I say why not make it work for the kids right??

I think its great that you are able to get along and go on a trip together..

I look forward to seeing how the rest of your trip will unfold and especially when you get back, Id love to hear how it went..

hhockman
08-01-2009, 12:59 AM

TOTALLY agree. I've always thought Tinkerbell was a brat. She was in the book too, if I remember right, so Disney got that part right (though not much else, as you'd expect).

I didn't watch the other movie the other night but my parents were watching it (even my dad, which was WEIRD). I like just about anything Disney, so I'd probably be okay with it, though it would bother me in the back of my mind all the time that things didn't match up.

Maybe something in Tink's adolescence turned her into a brat?

LOVE the IASW costume idea. We were going to do MNSSHP and I was going to have my boys dress up in their baseball uniforms. Cool and easy. Then DH would wear his "coach" shirt and I'd wear a parent shirt.

Your idea is much better...so much more Disney! LOVE the Dutch girl and German boy. Can't wait to see what you decide on for exDH!

And the UNbirthdays are SUPER COOL! I can't believe you got Norway AND the Castle in the same day! I don't figure we'll ever do either since I have boys. But I'd like to try the pirate cruise someday.

Villainess
08-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I just adore those Dutch girl and German boy outfits, your kids are going to look amazing in the them and there will be no doubt what you are trying to be!!!!

For the guy I really liked the Gondolier outfit...I'm pretty sure there is one of those in ISAW...it was a very nice looking outfit!!

Good luck finding one for you!!!

I'm thinking the gondolier outfit would be the best choice, too. It's sold out at the moment, but I think this is an outfit that could be put together with actual clothes too - create a sash, scarf and pick up the hat at the costume shop.

My Votes:
DD: Dutch Girl! Hands down!
DS: German Boy
DH: Gondolier
You: Maybe you could go as the Native American, I saw some that weren't priced too high, or cut too high for that matter :lmao:

Love the UnBirthday ideas!!!

Never been a fan of Tink either. No desire to see her and her friends, or watch the movie...

I definitely need to hit the costume shop - try stuff on. Native American is a possibility for me. exDH said I should be a Hula Dancer bc when I used to lifeguard and had this really dark tan I would get asked if I was Hawaiian (never understood that). Anyway, I said that was 7 years and 2 kids ago!
Woo Hoo, another non-Tink fan!

When DBF was in a show, he dressed up as Axl Rose, and I made him a kilt.

Blackmail pictures are in my pre-trip report... :lmao:

I think it's on Youtube too....

I'm gonna have to check out the blackmail pics!

50's is always fun! My first thought was Mousketeers - maybe you could do that?

Dana, I love that idea! As I have gotten to know you I think that would be a perfect fit for your personality --Dale would look "cool" hair grease jeans and rolled up white tshirt. :upsidedow

Fun too - the kids could be T-birds and Pink Ladies - is that what they are called (I'm not a fan of Grease so apologies if that's not right).

I am definitely in for this PTR!

I can certainly relate as I have an ex DH who is the father to my 3 kids and we have a rather odd relationship.. When me and current DH go on trips or on a cruise as we from time to time go by ourselves without the kids, my ex DH comes and stays at our house so that my kids dont have to uproot themselves from home.. He comes over here and stays with them.. Many people think this is rather odd.. we all get along great.. much better than when we were married.. and DH gets along with him also..

The way I look at it is that this person will always be in your life.. even when your kids grow up and have their own families and have babies of their own.. at that point, you now have grandchildren in common.. Once you have children with another individual you have to realize that they are always going to be a part of your life.. I say why not make it work for the kids right??

I think its great that you are able to get along and go on a trip together..

I look forward to seeing how the rest of your trip will unfold and especially when you get back, Id love to hear how it went..

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I always say that it is about the kids. Given the situation I was in, I needed to get out and refused to allow my children to see that situation and think it is normal and therefore should be treated/treat other that way. While I haven't forgiven him for the past, I have moved forward with my life and understand that we need to work together and be there for the kids.

TOTALLY agree. I've always thought Tinkerbell was a brat. She was in the book too, if I remember right, so Disney got that part right (though not much else, as you'd expect).

I didn't watch the other movie the other night but my parents were watching it (even my dad, which was WEIRD). I like just about anything Disney, so I'd probably be okay with it, though it would bother me in the back of my mind all the time that things didn't match up.

Maybe something in Tink's adolescence turned her into a brat?

LOVE the IASW costume idea. We were going to do MNSSHP and I was going to have my boys dress up in their baseball uniforms. Cool and easy. Then DH would wear his "coach" shirt and I'd wear a parent shirt.

Your idea is much better...so much more Disney! LOVE the Dutch girl and German boy. Can't wait to see what you decide on for exDH!

And the UNbirthdays are SUPER COOL! I can't believe you got Norway AND the Castle in the same day! I don't figure we'll ever do either since I have boys. But I'd like to try the pirate cruise someday.

I was surprised to get both - actually even one. Since we made the ADR's with 45 days out, I knew that some places would be impossible to get into. I was counting on Norway and the castle to be in that category.

Villainess
08-01-2009, 09:17 AM
Come On. Fess up - you know you did it too. At recess oogling over the cute boy with your friends.

While I get my next lesson plan prepared. We're at recess. And the cute boy?

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/607672272_zZdPs-L.jpg

jbrady100
08-01-2009, 09:34 AM

Come on, I know that picture made all of the ladies happy... How about a little love for us boys!!!:banana:

mickeysmyboy
08-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Come on, I know that picture made all of the ladies happy... How about a little love for us boys!!!:banana:

All the ladies?

I know I'm in a very, very small minority here but Johnny Depp just doesn't do a thing for me but creep me out a bit! Don't flame me for that ladies!

reelmom
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the picture. I have loved Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street.

disneygirlinnj
08-03-2009, 07:27 AM
hahahah great ideas for the costumes! the little dutch girl is so adorable!

Villainess
08-03-2009, 09:07 AM

Sorry - go ahead and share and the cute girl all the guys would be oogling over.

All the ladies?

I know I'm in a very, very small minority here but Johnny Depp just doesn't do a thing for me but creep me out a bit! Don't flame me for that ladies!

No flames. I've had a crush on him since my mom watched 21 Jump Street. I would tear the pictures out of my Tiger Beat magazines and hand them on my walls. (I will admit that his time dating Winona - he was creepy).

Thanks for the picture. I have loved Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street.

Your welcome! Me, too!

hahahah great ideas for the costumes! the little dutch girl is so adorable!

Thank you!

Update coming up later today!

racefanof88
08-03-2009, 09:22 AM
:thumbsup2 on the eye candy.

Goofy22
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
OK! I'm joining in! I just realized you had a pter for this trip! Now I have to go read!:thumbsup2

Villainess
08-04-2009, 09:47 AM
:thumbsup2 on the eye candy.

No problem!

OK! I'm joining in! I just realized you had a pter for this trip! Now I have to go read!:thumbsup2

Welcome! Any excuse for me to ramble on about Disney and planning! :rotfl:

Villainess
08-04-2009, 09:59 AM
While I continue to get the next chapter ready, I thought I would share this with all of you. exDH had the kids this weekend and he took them to the beach on Saturday.

I went shopping :woohoo: While I was at the mall, I began to receive text messages from exDH. It went like this:

ex: DD is getting hit on by 2 boys. As a concerned parent, what do I do?
me: Are they cute?
ex: They are older.
me: Leave her alone.
ex: sends picture
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/610713575_afk5Y-L.jpg
me: Oh. They're cute.
me: DS is supervising she is fine.
ex: Just like her mom to like the older guys
me: Taught her well
ex: http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/610713577_bcRgw-L.jpg

Awhile passes by and then:
ex: They are teaching her how to surf!
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/610713578_6eUZz-L.jpg

I thought it was wonderful! DD has anxiety so it was great to see her playing with kids without having to encourage her - she initiated it herself and was able to communicate and play with some children a few years older. Notice, however, in all 3 pictures DS is keeping a close eye!

And in other news ...

3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:maleficen:tinker::ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley: :tigger: :simba::stitch::figment::goofy::mickeyjum: hmghost: :mickeybar

As I type this in 3 weeks, we should be on the queue for Magical Express!

disneygirlinnj
08-04-2009, 10:13 AM
awww so cute! glad to see she came out of her shell so to speak! love DS watching over his sister too :)

ZeroToHero
08-04-2009, 10:24 AM
While I continue to get the next chapter ready, I thought I would share this with all of you. exDH had the kids this weekend and he took them to the beach on Saturday.

I went shopping :woohoo: While I was at the mall, I began to receive text messages from exDH. It went like this:

ex: DD is getting hit on by 2 boys. As a concerned parent, what do I do?
me: Are they cute?
ex: They are older.
me: Leave her alone.
ex: sends picture
me: Oh. They're cute.
me: DS is supervising she is fine.
ex: Just like her mom to like the older guys
me: Taught her well
ex:

Awhile passes by and then:
ex: They are teaching her how to surf!

I thought it was wonderful! DD has anxiety so it was great to see her playing with kids without having to encourage her - she initiated it herself and was able to communicate and play with some children a few years older. Notice, however, in all 3 pictures DS is keeping a close eye!

And in other news ...
3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:maleficen:tinker::ccat::donald::dumbo::sulley: :tigger: :simba::stitch::figment::goofy::mickeyjum: hmghost: :mickeybar

As I type this in 3 weeks, we should be on the queue for Magical Express!

!!!!!!!!!!! So should we!!!!! When does your flight come in? We can sit together! We'll all be bus buddies.

:rotfl:

Those pictures are so cute by the way.... your daughter has great taste. :lmao:

DisneymoonJess07
08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
So cute! It must've been fun to get the updates from the beach!!!

I'm glad it was good for her to be at the beach - and you are leaving so soon!!!

Villainess
08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
awww so cute! glad to see she came out of her shell so to speak! love DS watching over his sister too :)

DS is very protective - quite a site!

!!!!!!!!!!! So should we!!!!! When does your flight come in? We can sit together! We'll all be bus buddies.

:rotfl:

Those pictures are so cute by the way.... your daughter has great taste. :lmao:

:rotfl2: Wouldn't that be funny! Flight lands at 9:46am

So cute! It must've been fun to get the updates from the beach!!!

I'm glad it was good for her to be at the beach - and you are leaving so soon!!!

Oh yes, it was fun. And I had a little laugh at how 'concerned' - if that is the right word - exDH was getting over 4 and 5 year old boys. Very cute though!

marsa1969
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Pictures are too cute of DD. Just you wait!! This is just the beginning. I bet she will turn into a boy crazy little girl like my DD who is six.

mickeysmyboy
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Sooooo cute!! It looks like they had a goodtime at the beach! I hope mommy had a good time at the mall!!!

3 weeks will fly by!!! I'm so jealous ;)

ZeroToHero
08-04-2009, 06:34 PM
:rotfl2: Wouldn't that be funny! Flight lands at 9:46am

We get in at 10:15, so depending on if we're early (or you're late), or the bus takes a while to get there, we may be on the same bus, since we're going to resorts right next to each other! That'd be too funny!

jpmom97
08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
What a great idea to dress up like IASW dolls!! I hope you have a great trip!

hhockman
08-05-2009, 12:07 AM
What a cute story! DD is almost 3, right?

My DS7 is totally girl crazy. He's had a "girlfriend" every year since PreK2 (and it has always been mutual).

Last year, in first grade, another little boy actually hit him in the face over a girl in their class (who apparently prefered my DS to the other little boy). What can I do, he's a cutie (as is his brother DS4).

(and we did have a conference-two actually-with the teacher-and the Vice Principal-about the situation, in case anyone was worried)

I think it is adorable that your DS is watching her so closely!

And I am SO glad I don't have a girl! Good luck with THAT in a couple years. ;)

Villainess
08-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Pictures are too cute of DD. Just you wait!! This is just the beginning. I bet she will turn into a boy crazy little girl like my DD who is six.

I can see it coming! Although she is very into "baseball is for boys dancing is for girls, stage"

Sooooo cute!! It looks like they had a goodtime at the beach! I hope mommy had a good time at the mall!!!

3 weeks will fly by!!! I'm so jealous ;)

Mommy had a great time at the mall! I have to upload the pics of my presents to me!

We get in at 10:15, so depending on if we're early (or you're late), or the bus takes a while to get there, we may be on the same bus, since we're going to resorts right next to each other! That'd be too funny!

Yes, we would be on the same bus - you will have to keep an eye out for us - we'll be easy to spot! HUGE double stroller and me with the camera! LOL! :rotfl:

What a great idea to dress up like IASW dolls!! I hope you have a great trip!

Thank you! :goodvibes Speaking of costumes, I need to order them!

What a cute story! DD is almost 3, right?

My DS7 is totally girl crazy. He's had a "girlfriend" every year since PreK2 (and it has always been mutual).

Last year, in first grade, another little boy actually hit him in the face over a girl in their class (who apparently prefered my DS to the other little boy). What can I do, he's a cutie (as is his brother DS4).

(and we did have a conference-two actually-with the teacher-and the Vice Principal-about the situation, in case anyone was worried)

I think it is adorable that your DS is watching her so closely!

And I am SO glad I don't have a girl! Good luck with THAT in a couple years. ;)

OMG! DS got hit? Poor kid! Gee - the other boy must really have been jealous!

Villainess
08-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, the dreaded 'To Do' List before we can go to WDW!

Let's see what the damage is, shall we? :lmao:

1) finish Minnie invites for client
2) design DD's bday invites
3) order supplies for DD's invites
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR
7) sort DD and DS's clothes to weed out anything that doesn't fit
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary
9) finish bow order for client
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
12) clean playroom - clear out old toys
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
15) buy costumes for DD & DS
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase
17) make sure exDH orders his costume
18) create IASW lost dolls sign
19) have sign printed
20) purchase glow bracelets or necklaces
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
24) begin making princess tutu dresses for DD's bday party
24) begin making coordinating princess bows for DD's bday party
25) create princess bows for DD for trip (Aurora, Cinderella)
26) buy diapers & wipes for DS
27) buy sunblock & make up
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
30) pack for DD, DS, and myself
31) charge camera batteries
32) create list of pins to look for to trade
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave

So I leave in 19 days ... better get to work, huh?

In other news, I called Disney to order our MNSSHP tix, but was told by the CM to call back later since their systems were down. :mad:

Coming up - shopping goodies!

sunnyday123
08-06-2009, 12:23 PM
as a divorced mom who's ex has suggested this same thing, I have to see how it unfolds!

MadilynnsMomma
08-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes, the dreaded 'To Do' List before we can go to WDW!

Let's see what the damage is, shall we? :lmao:

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites

Feel free to check out and snag the invites I just made for my DD birthday party. I have them in my PTR along with "instructions"

Villainess
08-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Feel free to check out and snag the invites I just made for my DD birthday party. I have them in my PTR along with "instructions"

Thanks- very cute invitations. DD had a Minnie birthday last year.

These were her invitations:
http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/365606793_7VWMm-L.jpg

This year, it's an Aurora birthday and I'm building a 3-d castle invite to replicate Sleeping Beauty's Castle in DL.

ZeroToHero
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM
:eek: That's insane! You're so creative. :thumbsup2 Looks great.

It'd be fun if we're on the same bus... I'll watch for the double stroller... and if I can't find that, I'll follow the people who's heels have just been clipped by it. :rotfl:

Villainess
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
as a divorced mom who's ex has suggested this same thing, I have to see how it unfolds!

Glad you are joining us!

:eek: That's insane! You're so creative. :thumbsup2 Looks great.

It'd be fun if we're on the same bus... I'll watch for the double stroller... and if I can't find that, I'll follow the people who's heels have just been clipped by it. :rotfl:

Thanks - I've been designing invites for over 6 years now. I mostly do weddings, showers - adult parties, so it's fun to be able to design stuff for DD and DS's parties. I tend to go overboard with it! Of course, it then ends up in my portfolio and in my store.

LOL! :lmao: About the stroller! I'm very concious of the stroller, but exDH will need to get used to it!

Villainess
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Red = Complete
Green = In progress
Black = Haven't Touched Yet

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
19) have sign printed
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
26) buy diapers, pull ups, swim diapers & wipes for DS
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
34) create LGMH tag for stroller
35) purchase plane activities for DD & DS

3 items done, found an unopened package of pull ups for DS that exMIL had bought for him so I placed that aside (he is potty training - at home he wears the padded training underpants, but his timing is still off, hates diapers and will only wear them for bed)

Tonight my goal is to:
-cut and mark ribbon for Minnie invite order
-work on DD's invite design
-sew bows for Minnie invite order
-calculate what I need to order for DD's invites
-purchase glow bracelets/necklaces
-purchase airplane activities for DD & DS
-work on IASW lost dolls sign
-upload pics on all memory cards (so I can post my shopping update!)

Sooooo... as you can see I was able to purchase our MNSSHP party tix. Earlier when I called the systems were down. I spoke to a very nice CM who was impressed that we were going for 13 days. I told her this was a 'short' trip - last one was 19! LOL!

She asked if I purchased my MVMCP tix yet - don't have a trip planned for that time of year this year :( Maybe next year!

But I have a long weekend of sorts trip in February to celebrate my big 3-0! (PTR to follow when I actually have dates and info to go along with it other than the fact that I am turning 30). In addition to our yearly April/May long trip that will hopefully include Mom Mom and Dee Dad as well this time! And if this trip with exDH turns out ok, it may become an annual thing too.

OK, OK, enough blabbering ..

I also purchased the kids' costumes and sent exDH the link so he can purchase his.

I made a quick side trip over to Ebay and purchased a 100 pin trading lot for $121.99 including Priority Mail shipping. No doubles. The kids are waking up from their naps so I can't go upstairs to work on the pins-to-look-out-for list.

MadilynnsMomma
08-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Which costumes for the kids did you go with? Dutch Boy and Swedish Girl?

Your Minnie invites are ADORABLE - wish I saw those before I began making mine. I would have loved to hire out... Lazy mom, bad mom! I am glad that I did put my heart into her invites though :)

Villainess
08-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Which costumes for the kids did you go with? Dutch Boy and Swedish Girl?

Your Minnie invites are ADORABLE - wish I saw those before I began making mine. I would have loved to hire out... Lazy mom, bad mom! I am glad that I did put my heart into her invites though :)

I bought the German Alpine boy for DS and the Dutch girl for DD. I still need to get a costume for myself and make sure exDH orders his. I already received an email confirmation that the costumes will ship tomorrow! :banana: This way if I need to make any alterations - I'm thinking DS's will be big and possibly long, I can shorten it with no-sew iron on hem stuff.

Thank you! I designed a Handy manny invite last year for DS. This year is Aurora and for DS will be Cars. I'm thinking of creating a VIP Pit Pass complete with lanyard for his party.

MadilynnsMomma
08-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I bought the German Alpine boy for DS and the Dutch girl for DD. I still need to get a costume for myself and make sure exDH orders his. I already received an email confirmation that the costumes will ship tomorrow! :banana: This way if I need to make any alterations - I'm thinking DS's will be big and possibly long, I can shorten it with no-sew iron on hem stuff.

Thank you! I designed a Handy manny invite last year for DS. This year is Aurora and for DS will be Cars. I'm thinking of creating a VIP Pit Pass complete with lanyard for his party.

I LOVE that idea with the pit pass!

Side note - Any tips for making hair bows? I bought a gazillion spools of ribbon and french barrettes and alligator clips. I have made a few cute bows, but was hoping you might offer up some tips. TIA if you can :cutie:

Goofy22
08-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Those Minnie invites are great! :thumbsup2

Villainess
08-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I LOVE that idea with the pit pass!

Side note - Any tips for making hair bows? I bought a gazillion spools of ribbon and french barrettes and alligator clips. I have made a few cute bows, but was hoping you might offer up some tips. TIA if you can :cutie:

Thank you

Hair bow tips? Hmmmm... I can't divulge my secrets now ...:rotfl: Seriously, my great grandmother taught me how to sew them, I've modified her technique, but if you google for instructions you should find lots to purchase and some for free too. It takes patience to get the hang of it, but now I can sew about 18-20 bows in 1 hour.

Those Minnie invites are great! :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes

mommytothreeboys
08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I temporarily forgot you were doing this one and I missed 9 pages!!! YIKES!

Ok...Tink fan here, but I do have to agree with you on the matter of her talking. I hate it! I like that Tink said it all with her body language and facial expressions....and I guess her being sassy and filled with attitude doesn't bother me because I have no little girls who will want to imitate her! I have not watched any of the new Tink movies, because as far as I'm concerned, she should remain silent!

We are kicking off his unbirthday day with 8:30 am ADR's at Donald's Breakfast Safari at the Tusker House. This has got to be the best breakfast buffet. We've gone twice now, and have enjoyed it both times - great food, characters :thumbsup2

Pirate & Pals Fireworks Cruise

This event begins with cookies, snacks and beverages before you "set sail" on your magical voyage where you'll have prime viewing of the Magic Kingdom's "Wishes" and "Electrical Water Pageant." Before you board, none other than Captain Hook and his hapless first-mate Mr. Smee arrive for some mayhem and photos. Your host for the night is "Patch," a pirate of dubious distinction. As you sail along the Seven Seas Lagoon, Patch will have you singing along and challenge you to some Disney Trivia.

Your "ship will set anchor" at the perfect spot overlooking the Magic Kingdom to view "Wishes". From there you return to the pier while Patch regales you with the story of Peter Pan. When you arrive, you'll see that none other than Peter himself is there to greet you.

What a great un-birthday for a Disney-loving little boy! :thumbsup2

We are starting out at Akershus Princess Storybook Breakfast at 9:25am.

Her birthday dinner continues at ...
Cinderella's Royal Table!

WOW!!! An un-birthday suited for a true princess!! Your kids are blessed to be able to make these memories with you and their dad.

We're going as It's a Small World Dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCH a fabulous idea!! How clever! I love the Dutch girl, the German boy, and the Gondolier.

I'm in now...can't wait to hear more plans! Can you believe you leave so soon!! That's quite a to-do list you have there....good luck!! :goodvibes

mommytothreeboys
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Come On. Fess up - you know you did it too. At recess oogling over the cute boy with your friends.

HUBBA, HUBBA!! Thank you so much! ;)

Villainess
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
This weekend was busy, busy. My dad is building a deck over at my DSis and DBIL's so my mom, kids, and I spend much of Saturday over there. Mom Mom and Dee Dad joined us later to see the progress as well. DD and DS, especially LOVED being my dad's little helper. DS even brought his own tools with him! He took his job very seriously.

In bigger, BIG BOY news, DS is now pacifier free!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::banana::cheer2: I believe I mentioned previously how I wanted him off the pacifier for our April trip, but since he was still getting teeth and his molars, he really wanted it to chew it. It soothed him and since there is only so much Orajel you can give a child, I gave in.

Friday morning my mom and I were discussing it and I said he will be off it for his 2nd birthday (Oct 29th) and it was just me bracing to deal with crying and maybe getting up in the middle of the night. At that time, DS walked over with the pacifier in the tub that houses those plastic beads the kids pop together with the lid on. I told DS it had to go bye-bye and he waved to it and said good bye. Then I took it out and it 'magically' disappeared.

No pacifier since!!!!!!!!! We took the kids to the boardwalk Friday night to keep him occupied and that night going to bed was a breeze since he fell asleep in the car on the way home. I just placed him in bed and he woke up at 7am.

Sunday I took them both to Toys R Us to pick out a toy. He choose an Imaginarium 'my first train set' and DD got a craft set with safety scissors. She is still trying to get the knack of them but we have many masterpieces covering the fridge now!

So that is my weekend rundown ... and now the update on my 'To Do' List

Red = Complete
Green = In progress

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
19) have sign printed
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip

Tonight my goal is to:
-cut and mark ribbon for Minnie invite order
-sew bows for Minnie invite order
-calculate what I need to order for DD's invites
-work on IASW lost dolls sign
-upload pics on all memory cards (so I can add photos to some of these updates!)
-finish bow order
-sort through toys during naptime (so they cannot see what I'm getting rid of)
-go through DD & DS's clothes

ZeroToHero
08-11-2009, 08:18 AM
-sort through toys during naptime (so they cannot see what I'm getting rid of)
-go through DD & DS's clothes

:rotfl: My parents and I just had a discussion about this a few weeks ago - I guess all those toys that I thought I lost in my room and then I was never able to find when I cleaned.... they threw away. :scared1:

I was actually upset about a few of them, hahaha. I mean, I know I won't want a Polly Pocket seashell playset now, but when I had about 50 of them and still missed it, they were like "whattt?" after I brought it up right after they threw it away.

Isn't that how it always works? So do it while they're young and can't talk as much. :laughing:

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

Villainess
08-13-2009, 11:20 AM
:rotfl: My parents and I just had a discussion about this a few weeks ago - I guess all those toys that I thought I lost in my room and then I was never able to find when I cleaned.... they threw away. :scared1:

I was actually upset about a few of them, hahaha. I mean, I know I won't want a Polly Pocket seashell playset now, but when I had about 50 of them and still missed it, they were like "whattt?" after I brought it up right after they threw it away.

Isn't that how it always works? So do it while they're young and can't talk as much. :laughing:

2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

I cleaned out the room and wouldn't you know they are playing with the stuff! :headache: It's in the foyer since I may do an impromptu yard sale this weekend - some extra spending money for Disney!

Villainess
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
A very special thank you to ZeroToHero for helping me not only find the font to match the IASW poster but she even photoshopped for me! :dance3:

It looks great!

http://danielleseals.smugmug.com/photos/618850296_pNx3m-L.jpg

I've been working on my 'To Do' List

Red = Complete
Green = In progress

4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
18) create IASW lost dolls sign - Thank you Danica!
19) have sign printed
22) mani & pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip

Getting there - a lot of this will be done this weekend, and I'm contemplating a yard sale too. I have cleared out the old toys but they are sitting in the foyer. To avoid them getting put back in the playroom, I think I will have a yard sale. I have some wedding gifts that are just not my style, still in the boxes, brand new, maybe I could get rid of those too and some clothes we have around. A bit of extra spending money for Disney or to apply towards the kids' birthday parties.

In Disney related news, I received our ME Tags today! I called last Friday bc I was nervous we wouldn't receive them in time. I'm used to getting them about 5 - 6 weeks prior. They were shipped UPS Overnight mail. I checked and all the info is correct! Woo Hoo! :woohoo:

In more planning news, exDH is supposed to call about our transportation to the airport today. He is going to arrange a 4:30am pick up time at my house. I told him I would pick him up at his house around 4:15 (we live about 5 minutes away from each other), but he is trying to convince me to let him sleep over on the couch. Ummmmmm ... no. First, it's my parents' house and I don't think that would go over with them. Second, I stay up most of the night and usually run around packing last minute stuff, take my shower, watch TV, etc. I really don't want him hanging out. I'm funny about that kind of thing.

But exDH received confirmation that his costume is shipped and I received the kids' yesterday. That leaves me without a costume. I really have to get to the costume shop this weekend!

ZeroToHero
08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
No problem! I'm glad you like it. You have such a long to-do list, and I'm just sitting around doing time-filling things when I'm not at work, so I figured I could help a bit.

You'll have to post a picture of how your daughter's invites turn out when you get a chance! I can't imagine how cool they are.

MadilynnsMomma
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
WOW!!! LOVE :love: the sign!!!

mickeysmyboy
08-13-2009, 07:06 PM
:love: love the sign!! your one busy women!! I hope you get everything done! I couldn'r possible think about a yard sale on top of all that!!

hhockman
08-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Wow, you are really busy! But then that's understandable with as CLOSE as you are!!!

I'd love to see your DD's party invites too.

The sign looks great. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a costume!

ZeroToHero
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I wonder if I should do signs as a living now... :lmao:

I could go sign myself up on the DISigns board.

reelmom
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM

I think that you should. You are very talented.

racefanof88
08-15-2009, 06:14 PM
With all the "stuff" I have had going on lately I am just now catching back up :sad2:. I love the beach story, too funny. The bad thing is, it only gets worse :scared1:. I hope you have gotten more of your "to do" list finished. You are just days away :banana::banana:. I am so jealous :worship:.

SilverL
08-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I'll definitely be watching your PTR and TR! I have a feeling this could get interesting!

sunnyday123
08-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll definitely be watching your PTR and TR! I have a feeling this could get interesting!

I know, I'm so proud of her! My x and I get along, but not well enough to spend more than 5 hours together.

My PTR would have had either this: "When the police left...."
or this: "As I quickly looked for a shovel and tarp...." :rotfl2:

ZeroToHero
08-16-2009, 09:16 AM
9 more daysssss!!!!!!!!!!!! We're in single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Villainess
08-17-2009, 09:28 AM
No problem! I'm glad you like it. You have such a long to-do list, and I'm just sitting around doing time-filling things when I'm not at work, so I figured I could help a bit.

You'll have to post a picture of how your daughter's invites turn out when you get a chance! I can't imagine how cool they are.

I'm working on them and will definitely post pics of the finished product!

WOW!!! LOVE :love: the sign!!!

She did a great job!

:love: love the sign!! your one busy women!! I hope you get everything done! I couldn'r possible think about a yard sale on top of all that!!

After debating, I DID have a yard sale this weekend! I'm crazy, I know!

Wow, you are really busy! But then that's understandable with as CLOSE as you are!!!

I'd love to see your DD's party invites too.

The sign looks great. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a costume!

No costume yet. :rolleyes1 I completely underestimated how tired I would after the yard sale on Sat.

Definitely!

I think that you should. You are very talented.

I agree! :thumbsup2

With all the "stuff" I have had going on lately I am just now catching back up :sad2:. I love the beach story, too funny. The bad thing is, it only gets worse :scared1:. I hope you have gotten more of your "to do" list finished. You are just days away :banana::banana:. I am so jealous :worship:.

No problem. I need to check up on the latest happenings in your PTR but I have been keeping Dale in my prayers. I hope they have reached a diagnosis!

Welcome! :cheer2:

I know, I'm so proud of her! My x and I get along, but not well enough to spend more than 5 hours together.

My PTR would have had either this: "When the police left...."
or this: "As I quickly looked for a shovel and tarp...." :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :lmao:

9 more daysssss!!!!!!!!!!!! We're in single digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

:dance3::yay::woohoo: 8 days!!!!!

Villainess
08-17-2009, 09:54 AM
On Friday morning I decided to definitely have a yard sale the following day and Sunday. Yup. I decided 24 hours beforehand to have a yard sale. The toys that I had pulled out of the playroom were slowly making their way back in and there was no way I would let them happen again.

Since DD and DS have been waking up at 7am, we ate breakfast, got dressed and I basically watched the clock until 9am to pack the kids in the car and drive down the street to Town Hall. I paid my $10 for the yard sale permit and within 5 minutes we made our way to Office Max to pick up a couple of large Garage Sale signs and some poster board and pricing stickers.

The third stop was the bank to get some change for the sale. And finally we went to Mom Mom and Dee Dad's. They have been storing a lot of my stuff from my house, including wedding and shower gifts, dishes, etc. I decided there were only 3 things that I wanted to keep: my pot set (my great grandmother gave them to me), my flatware (Mom Mom and Dee Dad gave them to me), and my china (my aunts, godparents, and other family had given me my set).

After cleaning out and 3 full SUV trips back and forth, I cleaned everything but those things above from their attic.

As you can imagine, I did not go to bed that night. Instead I was sorting, pricing, making signs, etc for Saturday morning.

At 6am I was walking the streets putting up signs, my dad helped get a bunch of tables out and we began setting up. The ad in the paper and signs stated 9am start (per town ordinance) but we had many people coming by at 7:30am to scope things out.

The one thing I was nervous about selling was the everyday dishes - exDH had picked those out and even though they were mine in the divorce (he got ALL the furniture) I didn't want to deal with a confrontation when he picked up the kids at 10am (it was his weekend). Well, my prayers were answered and at 8:45am the entire dish set and coordinating serving platters, bowls, etc were sold. :yay: That in and of itself was worth having the sale. A bit more closure to see all the bad memories be gotten rid of.

I won't bore you with the day by day happenings of the sale, but at 9:55am I get a call from exDH. Apparently the kids, him, his brother, SIL, sister, DBIL, and niece were doing a portrait for his mom. He needed me to put together the coordinating outfits for them - for DS jeans and a white polo shirt and DD an all white dress. SIL choose the attire. Now, it was already 90 degrees with 100% humidity at 9:30am. And the picture was going to be outside. Who in their right mind would put a child in jeans in such weather?! Well, I told him winter clothes were packed away (they are), I had a white polo for DS but I don't buy white dresses for DD. She's 2! Wear once and throw away? No way! So he was an hour late in picking them up since he needed to go buy DS jeans and DD a white dress to wear.

In a nut shell, I didn't sit down from 6am - 5:45pm. Every muscles, bone - everything was sore, tired, and hurting! At dinner it was too much effort to cut my steak - I was that tired!

Whew! I do craft shows and staying up all night is not uncommom for me, but I've never been this tired.

So my nice list that I thought would be mostly red and green after this weekend, stays the same!

disneygirlinnj
08-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Congrats on the yard sale!! Now you have some extra spending cash!

ZeroToHero
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Sounds like you were pretty busy though! That's good. And getting more closure is a good thing..... I assume you bought other dishes, right? Or did you realize you have no more dishes that night and have to eat your steak off of a napkin? :rotfl:

Villainess
08-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats on the yard sale!! Now you have some extra spending cash!

Extra spending $ is always a good thing! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you were pretty busy though! That's good. And getting more closure is a good thing..... I assume you bought other dishes, right? Or did you realize you have no more dishes that night and have to eat your steak off of a napkin? :rotfl:

The kids and I live with my parents so my pots, china and flatware are still in storage. Everything at my parents' is theirs (dishes, pots, etc, etc). No worries, I didn't have to eat steak of a napkin! :lmao:

DisneymoonJess07
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm so glad you got closure and hopefully some good spending money! Amazing that you were able to put it together so quickly!

reelmom
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Glad the yard sale was a success. Extra Disney money is always a good thing. I hope you are rested and can get to your list. Only 8 more days!!!!!!!!!

mickeysmyboy
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Yipppee for the yard sale! I hope you made lots of $$$! Glad you some closure out of it too!!

I'm thinking of doing a yard sale Labor Day weekend to earn some extra spending $$ for the newly planned Oct trip!! Hmmm....

Villainess
08-20-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm so glad you got closure and hopefully some good spending money! Amazing that you were able to put it together so quickly!

I surprised myself too! My aunt wants me to have another one in the fall - she said that she has tons of stuff to get rid of!

Glad the yard sale was a success. Extra Disney money is always a good thing. I hope you are rested and can get to your list. Only 8 more days!!!!!!!!!

Working on my list - rest, well not so much. DD and DS have been getting up at 6:30 - 7am every morning for the past week and a half so if I stay up late to get stuff done I usually just stay up all night since 2 hours of sleep make me feel worse than none at all.

Yipppee for the yard sale! I hope you made lots of $$$! Glad you some closure out of it too!!

I'm thinking of doing a yard sale Labor Day weekend to earn some extra spending $$ for the newly planned Oct trip!! Hmmm....

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I made. I would recommend it! The only thing that bothered me was the early birds scouting out the stuff, going through boxes while I tried to set up. This was at 7am and the sale started at 9am - per town ordinance. I was getting flustered when people are yelling "How much is this", "Do you have TVs?", etc. (Things in boxes were all grouped by price so as I put them out I just slapped a sticker on them).

Villainess
08-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I've been working on my 'To Do' List

Red = Complete
Green = In progress

1) finish Minnie invites for client - going out tomorrow :yay:
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites - will be mailed out on Monday :cheer2:
6) confirm that exDH has arranged transportation to/from EWR - exDH says, "I'm working on it." :rolleyes::sad2:
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary - see below
9) finish bow order for client - will be mailed out tomorrow :banana:
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
16) party shop - try on costumes for me and purchase - why not red? see below!
19) have sign printed
21) haircuts for DD, DS, and myself - see below
22) mani & pedi for me - see below
23) eyebrows waxed - see below
28) buy suitcase
29) pack camera equip
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave - conclusion: not happening :scared1::mad:

The bow order is finally complete and the invitations are almost completely assembled. I have about 10 more to go so both of them will be mailed out tomorrow. Once they are mailed, I can concentrate of DD's invitations and they will go out on Monday.

exDH is "working on" getting transportation to the airport. This is the one and only thing I made him in charge of (wait, two things - the other was getting his costume which he did). Now we are 5 days away from leaving :scared1: and he is still "working on it" Supposedly it's a friend of his brother's. :sad2: Don't worry, I have a backup but I'm not offering it until it is absolutely necessary. My dad said he would drive us.

Yesterday, the kids and I did lots of running around. I had to go to the bank for my dad, went to Office Max to return extra posterboard, etc that I didn't use from the yard sale, forgetting the CD to have the IASW poster at home in the process :confused3, then it was off to the party store to buy a costume.

I got there and all 4 of their costume/Halloween dept is roped off bc they are rearranging and prepping it for the season. I asked if they could bring out stuff for me, but they said no since everything was so disorganized. I was told that by the end of the week it would be open. I asked another salesperson and they agreed that by the weekend I would be able to get into the area. So I made that one green since I attempted to buy the costume. :rolleyes1

From there I went to Target since DS was sleeping and we were nearby. I usually don't go there since the 2 closest ones are 25 - 35 min. away and I can hit the food store and 3 malls within 5 - 15 min. I placed him in the carriage and we bought more pull ups, sunblock, new toothbrushes, and checked out the luggage. I didn't see anything so I may just borrow my parents' for this trip (DD's broke during luggage transfer by OKW and I'm checking an extra suitcase for DS's stuff rather than shipping it this time). I forgot the swim diapers while I was there and then later last night when I was at Shop Rite.

Afterwards, I drove out to Freehold and met up with my dad for lunch at Friendly's. He had to go back to work, but I walked around the mall and purchased 1 dress and a skirt and top outfit on sale at GAP (dress, possibly for WDW, but both more for fall), 2 dresses for DD and 1 shirt for DS at Crazy 8 (for the trip), and 2 shirts for DS at Macys (for the trip/fall) Grand total spent: $82. I went into Gymboree but the store in this particular mall is quite narrow so I have trouble handling the double stroller even when the store is empty. I did check out the clearance racks but most everything was picked over. The fall stuff, however was super cute! I just am NOT ready to start buying sweaters and boots. I also left my coupons at home.

I've been trying to get in touch with my hairdresser but she hasn't returned my calls. She comes to the house and it is so convenient. DS NEEDS a haircut desperately. I may just have to bring him to one of those kids haircut places but I'm scared. She does such a nice job - a clean little boy's haircut. I contemplated taking him to the MK barber shop, but I like to start off the vacation with new haircuts and don't know if as soon as we enter MK wanting to have to wait online at the barber shop.

Eyebrows, mani, pedi will be taken care of this weekend. DSis and I, and maybe even my mom are going together. Getting makeup will get taken care of then too.

The camera lens I rented is supposed to be delivered today so I need to hang around the house bc a signature is required. I have the tracking number and when I go on FedEx to check the status, it reads 'On Schedule' "in transit Longwood, FL" To me, since the pickup is FL and delivery is NJ, I don't think that is on schedule unless Aladdin's Magic Carpet is going to whisk it up to me. We shall see ...

longing2Batdisney
08-20-2009, 10:33 AM
Seems to be coming alltogether!! How exciting!!
Have a great Day!!
:wave:

Hallowishes
08-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Im totally hooked on your TR! :thumbsup2 It looks like youve really whittled down your list! :goodvibes those birthday invitations are ADORABLE! :wizard: I really love your creative costume idea! :love: it looks like you arent very far away from your adventure now!!

PrincessKsMom
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Sign me up. DH and I don't vacation well together and we're married. I can't imagine vacationing with him voluntarily if we were divorced. :rotfl: Good for you both that you can put aside your differences for the sake of the kids.

I'll be at WDW 8/30-9/6 and attending MNSSHP on 9/4 also. I'll keep an eye out for you while we're there.

MadilynnsMomma
08-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Your list is coming along great - not much longer!

Where can you rent lenses? I might have to look in to that!

marsa1969
08-20-2009, 02:34 PM
You are getting so close to going. I wish I had half of the energy and organization that you have and have two young children to boot. :worship:

DisneymoonJess07
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I'll be at WDW 8/30-9/6 and attending MNSSHP on 9/4 also. I'll keep an eye out for you while we're there.

We will be there at the same time, but we're not doing MNSSHP - too bad! I am looking forward to looking out for LGMHs!!! Speaking of - I need to make sure I can find them!

mickeysmyboy
08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
:dance3: four more days!!! Hope your getting everything all set and not stressing!

littleaussie
08-21-2009, 03:11 PM
Saw your title and I had to join in. Last summer, myself, my X and our 2 girls ages 6 & 3 did the Disney 15 day repo cruise to California with my parents. And we shared an inside cabin!!!! Everyone thought we were crazy, so I did a trip report on it too. We survived it but I was reminded why we divorced those vacation days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like this.
I'll look forward to reading about it and I'm cheering for you! :cheer2:

Goofy22
08-21-2009, 11:35 PM
HI! Danielle, I probably won't be on here alot in the next 2 days but I just wanted to make sure I told you to have a Safe Trip! I'll see you on the 29th at the BWI Pool Party if not before! :thumbsup2

PrincessKsMom
08-21-2009, 11:53 PM
We will be there at the same time, but we're not doing MNSSHP - too bad! I am looking forward to looking out for LGMHs!!! Speaking of - I need to make sure I can find them!

Hi Jess. Maybe our paths will cross during our trips. Enjoy and I'll be looking out for your LGMH!

DisneysRedhead
08-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Wow, I can't wait to see it all unfold! I have so much respect for two parents who are able to do this kind of thing for your children. So kudos to you and I hope you guys have an awesome time! Can't wait to read more.

Villainess
08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Seems to be coming alltogether!! How exciting!!
Have a great Day!!
:wave:

I'm getting there ... haven't packed yet, had piles but the kids 'decorated' their room with them. :rotfl:

Im totally hooked on your TR! :thumbsup2 It looks like youve really whittled down your list! :goodvibes those birthday invitations are ADORABLE! :wizard: I really love your creative costume idea! :love: it looks like you arent very far away from your adventure now!!

Thanks - glad you like the invites. Been busy getting DD's invites together to be mailed out tomorrow! :thumbsup2

Sign me up. DH and I don't vacation well together and we're married. I can't imagine vacationing with him voluntarily if we were divorced. :rotfl: Good for you both that you can put aside your differences for the sake of the kids.

Definitely - hopefully we'll bump into each other!

Your list is coming along great - not much longer!

Where can you rent lenses? I might have to look in to that!

online there are quite a few places; I rent from lensdepot - located in FL; it's a husband and wife. they are very nice.

You are getting so close to going. I wish I had half of the energy and organization that you have and have two young children to boot. :worship:

:rotfl2: My grandmother says the same thing - I always feel like I don't have enough and never get things done! Thank you! :goodvibes

I have to make a run over to Home Depot today to pick some up!

:dance3: four more days!!! Hope your getting everything all set and not stressing!

No stress - just seems like there is lots still to do, like pack! Very important thing to remember!

Saw your title and I had to join in. Last summer, myself, my X and our 2 girls ages 6 & 3 did the Disney 15 day repo cruise to California with my parents. And we shared an inside cabin!!!! Everyone thought we were crazy, so I did a trip report on it too. We survived it but I was reminded why we divorced those vacation days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like this.
I'll look forward to reading about it and I'm cheering for you! :cheer2:

Thank you! I sure do need cheerleaders for this. My mom mentioned to me that I don't seem excited for the trip, and sadly, I'm not in the way I usually am. I keep reminding myself that I will have fun with DD and DS. I'm nervous about traveling with ex though!

HI! Danielle, I probably won't be on here alot in the next 2 days but I just wanted to make sure I told you to have a Safe Trip! I'll see you on the 29th at the BWI Pool Party if not before! :thumbsup2

We're hoping to make it to one of the other Pool Parties as well - we will see, but definitely the 29th! :thumbsup2 Be safe!

Hi Jess. Maybe our paths will cross during our trips. Enjoy and I'll be looking out for your LGMH!

Thanks! Will you have LGMH too?

Wow, I can't wait to see it all unfold! I have so much respect for two parents who are able to do this kind of thing for your children. So kudos to you and I hope you guys have an awesome time! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you. I'm sure there will be interesting tales to tell!

Goofy22
08-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Danielle, Did I miss you posting it or did you not have any luck yet with your costume?

Villainess
08-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Red = Complete
Green = In progress

1) finish Minnie invites for client :yay:
4) make DD's invites
5) mail DD's invites - will be mailed out on Monday :cheer2:
8) purchase any last minute clothes for DD and DS, if necessary - see below
10) clean my room
11) clean DD & DS's room
13) order MNSSHP tix
14) buy pins for trading
19) have sign printed
22) pedi for me
23) eyebrows waxed
28) buy suitcase - just going to use my parents
29) pack camera equip
33) pester webdesigner to have my websites finished before I leave - conclusion: not happening :scared1::mad:

Yesterday, I went to the mall with the kids, my mom and my sister. We got pedicures and I bought my makeup. My mom preordered Snow White on blu ray with this limited edition doll at The Disney Store, and of course bought a few things for the kids.

Last night everyone (parents, grandparents, DSis, DBIL, the kids and I) went to the boardwalk for the night. The kids loved going on the rides, as usual and we spent quite a bit of time watching the tide come in. While we were eating ice cream, a huge wave - crest was probably 15ft., no exaggeration - crashed next to the an eating area where we were. The boardwalk was smashed up and the canopies were bent and ruined. DD was a bit scared to see the waves come up like this but was fine later watching the water cover the entire beach. Actually it not only covered the entire boardwalk but was continuing under the boards and into the street in some areas. I took photos - I'd like to get out to another beach closer to me today and see what that looks like, but I don't think I'll have time.

The lens I rented didn't come on Thursday, as scheduled. It didn't leave teh Fed Ex Memphis location until 3pm on Thurs. At that point, I knew I wasn't getting it. A whole day wasted. :sad2: I did receive it Friday around 11am. :woohoo: Of course, I brought that lens to the boardwalk!

Today I need to: finish DD's invites so they can be mailed tomorrow, I received another order from my shop so I need to do that (it's a small one) - my mom will mail that out for me on Tuesday, PACK, dump all my pics from the memory cards onto my harddrive, charge camera batteries.

scoot241
08-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Which lens did you rent?

jenjolt
08-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Only a couple more days how exciting!!! I have enjoyed watching you be able to cross things off your to do list as you go along!!! The more red the closer you are to DISNEY!!! YAY!!!!!

So excited to hear all about your trip!!! Hope you guys have an amazing time!!!

Villainess
08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Which lens did you rent?

I rented the 24 - 70mm f/2.8 L USM :thumbsup2

Only a couple more days how exciting!!! I have enjoyed watching you be able to cross things off your to do list as you go along!!! The more red the closer you are to DISNEY!!! YAY!!!!!

So excited to hear all about your trip!!! Hope you guys have an amazing time!!!

Thank you! I will be popping back in later to give you all an update of my packing progress!

PrincessKsMom
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Yep, I'll have my LGMH!

starann
08-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Just read all 12 pages..whew (meanwhile nothing on my to do list today will get done!)..

I can't wait for the TR! Will you be doing one?

marsa1969
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Have a fun and safe trip!! Where the waves bad from TS Bill? I haven't watched the weather this weekend, but heard people died somewhere. Those waves can be bad, we have seen it first hand on a few vacations to the beach.

mickeysmyboy
08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
OMG! Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it and see all your wonderful pics!!!!

ZeroToHero
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Alright! I hope I see you in line tomorrow!!!!!!! Have a safe flight, and if I don't see you then, we'll see you at the pool party!!!!! :woohoo:

mommytothreeboys
09-01-2009, 09:28 AM
All caught up and now you're gone!

I'm always amazed at your To-Do lists and that you manage to get it all done! Congrats on the yard sale as well...extra money and dumped emotional baggage...kill two birds with one stone!

Hope you are having a fantastic time! Can't wait to hear about it when you return! :goodvibes

Villainess
09-11-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone! We're back and we survived!!!!! Been crazy since I've been home - DD's bday party is next Sunday. I need to get some photos processed to begin the trip report and hope to do that this weekend - in addition to getting a new update in my current TR as well!

I will tell you this - the TR will NOT be boring!

disneygirlinnj
09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome back! :) Can't wait to hear about it!

DisneymoonJess07
09-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Can't wait to hear about it! Glad that you had a good trip!

mickeysmyboy
09-11-2009, 10:10 AM
:cool1: Welcome home!! I hope you guys had a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

tink1957
09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
:cool1:I'm glad you're back & can't wait to hear all the juicy details.popcorn::

MadilynnsMomma
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Glad you survived! Can't wait to read all about it!!!

mommyof2Pirates
09-11-2009, 12:39 PM
can't wait to hear all the juicy details. Welcome back

Goofy22
09-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi everyone! We're back and we survived!!!!! Been crazy since I've been home - DD's bday party is next Sunday. I need to get some photos processed to begin the trip report and hope to do that this weekend - in addition to getting a new update in my current TR as well!

I will tell you this - the TR will NOT be boring!

Welcome back! I can't wait to read about it. It definitely will be interesting.

reelmom
09-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Can't wait for this to start.

ZeroToHero
09-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I am so bummed we never got to meet! Between your plane (which is probably part of why this is an interesting report), and everything else, it just didn't work out.

I hope you still were able to have a good time....

racefanof88
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I can't believe you are back already! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

longing2Batdisney
09-25-2009, 04:14 PM
It's been a while...hoping to hear how things went and could not wait to see the pics of your costumes!
Hope all is well!
:wave2:

longing2Batdisney
09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
dbl post! :confused3
:wave2:

mickeysmyboy
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
:surfweb: did you leave us?

MadilynnsMomma
11-02-2009, 11:32 PM
knock knock... :confused3

marsa1969
11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
I hope that nothing is wrong with your children or family. We miss you!

tlenzendorf
11-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Ok I'm all caught up with your pre-trip, your half trip and this one. I need an update pretty please :wizard: :laughing: