PDA

View Full Version : any advise?

EPCOTgrl1
06-26-2002, 07:17 AM
Hi my name is Chelsea and i am 16 years old. I have always wanted a Disney wedding... would anyone have any advise for me? it would be helpful! thanks a lot!

amw5g
06-26-2002, 08:34 AM
If you mean a wedding at Disney, check out www.disneyweddings.com
If you mean wedding with a Disney theme, there are scads of vendors who sell the applicable trappings.
The Disney Weddings website is a good start, it's where we first went when we decided to have our wedding there. There is also a good discussion group called Disneymooners, often mentioned on this board. Search for their link as I always screw it up.

G'luck,
Andrew

DisneyJules
06-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Make sure to order the WDW wedding video. I just got mine in the mail the other day, it's awesome!

ChibiJones
06-26-2002, 12:11 PM
i am 16 years old

Well, I think you have plenty of time. Disney changes their policies & prices regularly so any advice/information you get know will most likely be obsolete by the time you're engaged.

At this point, the best advice I could give you is to work on the financial side of the equation (go to college/get a decent job/build up your savings), finding Mr. Right and building a healthy, solid relationship with him.

POOH&PIGLET
06-27-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by EPCOTgrl1
Hi my name is Chelsea and i am 16 years old. I have always wanted a Disney wedding... would anyone have any advise for me? it would be helpful! thanks a lot!

At age 16, I hope you are not looking to get married now.

hmp2z
06-27-2002, 04:57 PM
At this point, it's obviously too early to start any sort of planning; prices and wedding packages change from year to year, as do options like reception and ceremony locations.
As far as advice, your first step would have to be to find a man who loves Disney as much as you do, or at least is open minded about it as a possible wedding location. Many people have a very negative reaction to weddings at Disney; if you ask my parents about my upcoming wedding, they would probably tell you I'm getting married by a rollercoaster with Goofy officiating (obviously, they've never been to WDW). :)
Good luck finding that man!
Heather P