PDA

View Full Version : ? on mattress on sleeper sofa @ SSR

seelyt2
07-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Hi - we're using our developer points @ SSR next month on a 1 bedrm, and our 2 munchkins will be sleeping on the sleeper sofa. Since the reviews are coming back on the negative side on the sleeper sofa (never found one I liked anyway), does the mattress come off the sofa, or is it attached? Am wondering if I should just put the mattress on the floor, as opposed to dealing with the dreaded bar across the sofa. Anybody try this, yet? :confused3

tomandrobin
07-14-2009, 11:30 AM
The sleep sofa beds at SSR are much better the previous versions at OKW, BWV, VWL and BCV.

I do not believe the there is a bar issue, like at the older resorts. As a fall back, take an air mattress with you to put on the sleep sofa.

Amy&Dan
07-14-2009, 11:53 AM
The sleeper sofas at SSR are really comfortable. I am pretty sure they are attached. But they are a memory foam, no bars or anything like that can be felt. But you could for sure put a mattress on the top.

I have actually slept on one of those and was amazed at how comfy they were! The one we had at Boardwalk Villas, well that was the trip my son opted to sleep on the floor over the sofa bed. If an 11 year old won't sleep on it, that didn't speak well of it!

mybabesuz
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Our 7 and 4 year old sleep on it last week.
They are attached and very comfy and safe foam type.
I don't think you will have any problems. :thumbsup2

RumpleMom
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
The SSR sleeper sofas are very comfortable.

DH and I slept on one in a one bedroom for 5 nights because we gave the king bed to his parents who are in their 80's.

CaptHomer
07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
The SSR sleeper sofas are very comfortable.

DH and I slept on one in a one bedroom for 5 nights because we gave the king bed to his parents who are in their 80's.

Don't know what you are used to but those have to be the worst beds ever. I will never sleep on one of those again.

kikiq
07-14-2009, 02:49 PM
We had a 2 bdrm and a studio last summer. My dad(87)had the sofabed in the 2 bdrm and my youngest DD(20) had the one in the studio. No complaints. No bar. My dad said it was quite comfortable and he's been on many a sofa bed when traveling with us to softball tournaments. The SSR sofa beds are the newer ones, not the old foldout with the bar type.

jjzmgailey
07-14-2009, 02:55 PM
My mom actually slept on the sleeper sofa in a 1BDR @ SS & said it was the most comfortable one she's ever slept on & she's super picky!

Tina
07-14-2009, 05:01 PM
I see such a huge variation of people who either love or hate these sofa beds. I think it must come down to the type of mattress you are used to. I have a nice pillowtop mattress at home. I thought the sleeper sofa was absolutely horrible - so much to the point that I declared whoever designed them to be only slightly more insane than the Disney rep who decided to buy them. I wonder if those who love it, normally sleep on a very firm mattress.

SaratogaShan
07-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Sofa Bed at SSR is pretty comfy. No bar across the back and memory foam. Should be just fine, especially for your kids.

natnelliesmom
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
If it's your two "little munchkins" that are sleeping on the sofa bed- I am sure you have nothing to worry about. They won't even notice the bar! My 4 and 6 y/os have slept on the SSR sofa beds twice with no problems. They never complained.
I wouldn't have wanted to sleep there!! But kids don't seem to notice these things. Especially after a long park day! My kids would sleep anywhere!
-Sarah

mecllap
07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
The sleeper sofa in our SSR unit in the Paddock was not the foam type == DD reported that it was horrible; she called housekeeping and they brought a couple of egg-crate foam pads, which made it somewhat tolerable.