PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Procession and dinner

disney_me
07-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Going to Disney Dec. 12th to the 19th. We are planning to do the candlelight procession and want to know whats the best place to eat that also lets you into the show.

colinsdad
07-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Going to Disney Dec. 12th to the 19th. We are planning to do the candlelight procession and want to know whats the best place to eat that also lets you into the show.

The best way to do this is by purchasing a Candlelight Processional package. It is much like the Fantasmic! package at DHS. You eat at any number of restaurants around the World Showcase (I made reservations last year at Tutto Italia, but I think all restaurants offer the package, but some will sell out quicker. I asked for Le Cellier, but got 2nd choice).

At the end of the meal you basically get a "Fast Pass" for the processional (separate line). They let you in, then they let in the others waiting. You still have to get there early, and it still was a big line (but we got in).

I highly recommending purchasing the package as a way to avoid the regular line. You MUST book this when it goes on sale. It will sell out fast.

vicki_c
07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
There have been 3 tiers of restaurants in the past, each with a different fixed price.

We did Tutto Italia last year, it was the highest tier. If you search wdwinfo.com for Candlelight Processional, I'm sure the info from last year will come up.

Which tier of restaurant you pick has nothing to do with where you sit in the theatre though - everyone gets the same tickets (it was actually a sticker!) to get into the theatre. Where you end up sitting is strictly based on when you get in line.

disney_me
07-14-2009, 06:31 AM
How is the food at Tutto Italia ? It looks like you both ate there. I thought you get a reserved seating not just a fast pass in?

vicki_c
07-14-2009, 07:34 AM
You get reserved seating, meaning they let all the package purchasers in before they let stand-by people in. You still have to wait in line, and you don't get an assigned seat.

You could compare it to the Fantasmic package, from that standpoint.

We really enjoyed Tutto and would eat there again - it was one of the best meals we've had at Disney.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I should mention - there are (or at least have been) 3 showings of the CP each night - your meal time and show time are connected and you don't get to pick any time you want for your meal, just within a particular block of times. I know that if you wanted the earliest CP, which is around 5:00, you had to take a pretty early time for your meal and that was considered lunch instead of dinner (and it was less expensive as well, I believe). We did the 8 PM CP and had dinner around 5:30, which was close to the latest seating time you could get, if I'm recalling correctly.

RMulieri
07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Vicki C is right. There are 3 nightly showings. You tell the Cm which one you are interested in,which restaurant, and they give you a meal time.You must eat BEFORE the show.The earliest CP showing is considered a lunch.