PDA

View Full Version : Who's been to the Cape May Cafe for dinner?

jliucci
07-13-2009, 05:31 PM
I booked the cape may cafe as our last adr..I have never been but it sounds really good.:goodvibes Could someone please tell me about it or if you have pics I would really appreciate it. Thanks

HsvTeacher
07-13-2009, 05:34 PM
I don't have pics, but I will say this: We eat dinner at Cape May at least twice every trip. It's my husband's (also from Connecticut, BTW) favorite Disney restaurant.

scanne
07-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I have some pics from our trip last month but I have to upload them to photobucket. I will do that tonight as I am also planning on doing a dining report and I've been procrastinating....

But we love Cape May Cafe! The food is plentiful and there's a great variety. I love the atmosphere as well!

alidelargy
07-13-2009, 06:14 PM
We love Cape May for both breakfast (with the characters) and for dinner! We eat there every year. Great food. We love the buckets of steamers that you can take back to your table, good stuff!

rosiep
07-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I loved the food at Cape May but thought the desserts were lacking. (I have a sweet tooth :rolleyes1)

Still, I will be eating there again for my upcoming trip cause I thought it was good eats!

kat3668
07-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I ate at Cape May last Sept and thought it was very disappointing. The clam chowder was so salty it was inedible.. (although people I was dining with thought it was good:scared1:) The clams were soggy and the other choices were below par. I may be biased as I am used to GOOD seafood and it reminded me of long John silvers. :eek:
Just like everything else in WDW you will find fans and people who say Bleeecccchhhhh.:goodvibes

clc053103
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
We actually really enjoyed it, eat there just about every trip. Truly something for everyone, it's the only buffet we ever eat at in WDW. However, we are skipping this year b/c all the kids want to eat there is dessert!

RMulieri
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
We love it! Breakfast is ok, but its breakfast.Dinner is great.If you are expecting tons of seafood though you will be disappointed.The seafood consisted of peel n eat shrimp,clams,mussels, Fish of the day and chowder.I have a seafood allergy so only stuck to the non-seafood portion of the buffet which is very tasty.

wrwrwrwreee1971
07-13-2009, 07:45 PM
good restaurant, but I would take "ohana, boma, liberty tree tavern, chef mickeys, or whispering canyon over it any day.

vicki_c
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I loved the food at Cape May but thought the desserts were lacking. (I have a sweet tooth :rolleyes1)

Still, I will be eating there again for my upcoming trip cause I thought it was good eats!

That's funny, I thought the desserts were the only thing that WERE worthwhile at Cape May! :rotfl:

To each their own! If we just all had the same taste(buds), these questions would be so much easier!

4everGoofy
07-13-2009, 08:00 PM
We have eaten there on several different trips, we like the variety offered. It is typical dinner buffet, some seafood, carving station, soups, salads. Kids never have trouble finding something to eat either. I would recommend this to anyone. (Side note: it tends to get busy in waves, don't panic if you see lines, they will go away after a couple of minutes, there is always plenty of food available).

Disney_Fanatic
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
We like it! DBf eats loads of clams and mussels when we are there and I like their peel n eat shrimp. Their caesar aalad is very delicious too! DBf likes their clam chowder, but as pp, I find it a little too salty to my taste. We've gone there 4 years in a row and never had a bad meal there.

catne
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
we enjoyed it last September on free dining -- click on my September 2008 review link below...page 5 post #61 for review & pictures from Cape May dinner.

rosiep
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
That's funny, I thought the desserts were the only thing that WERE worthwhile at Cape May! :rotfl:

To each their own! If we just all had the same taste(buds), these questions would be so much easier!

That is funny! You're 100 % correct about subjective questions...one man's bread is another man's never in a million years! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

lnh'smom
07-13-2009, 09:37 PM
Another vote here for Cape May! It's a tradition with us. We always eat there on every trip too! In fact just today the kids and I were on a walk (practicing for our upcoming trip that they don't know about ;)) and my DS8 said, remember that restaurant we took the boat to? (Cape May) I love that place. It's my favorite besides Pizza Planet! (BLECH from mom!)

TinkerbellinLouisian
07-13-2009, 10:43 PM
We have eaten there the last four trips.... (Staying at the BC)....

It's a good choice for our family of FIve.....Since it's a buffet...everyone finds something....and we get our money's worth...

I would never compare it to Long John Silvers...but I would also consider many other TS's before it...But we have been very satisfied with it....

I love the salad buffet...the carving station, very tender ribs, WDW standard Mashed Potatoes (which I love)...there is a kids buffet....Our family actually loved the dessert buffet....

I'm finally trying to peel myself away from BC...so we won't go there the next visit...since there are so many Resort TS's I haven't experienced...

But we do enjoy CM...get our money's worth...and everyone leaves very full:)

jenjersnap
07-14-2009, 01:38 AM

We also only liked the desserts! We've tried it twice and the main buffet has stunk twice so we won't be back, but, yeah, people have to try things for themselves.

Don Disney
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
We enjoyed it as well;so much,that we booked 2 dinners for Sept.:thumbsup2

Mommytobree
07-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Its good-especially if you like Seafood. (Which I don't so I ate mostly chicken nuggets and desserts lol, but that was fine with me) my dh who was born and raised on Cape Cod LOVES seafood and this is his favorite place to eat for dinner.

MaryKatesMom
07-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I love clams and eat them by the bucketful! Hmmm. I just talked myself into a trip to South Side Seafood.

They are never oversteamed and rubbery.

The PP is right. The buffet tends to be hit with waves. Sometimes empty somtimes a line.

My DH does not eat fish or seafood and he still enjoy's his meal there.

MickeyNicki
07-15-2009, 09:46 AM
We go every year, it is awesome and DH loves the clams...the ribs are excellent too. If you click on my Oct link there are a ton of pictures of the buffet