PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had the Picnic in the Park at AK?

Disneyelf10
07-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Just looking for reviews/pictures of how it was, what did you get. Alos, where were the "pcinic" spots? Thanks!

1stTimeDisneyer
07-13-2009, 08:27 AM
We did this in May. We had four people and got the tier 2 chicken for four. I must say this was alot of chicken and it was very very good. It was such a nice change from normal quick service. We got to choose three sides, so we got the mac and cheese, which my DH & DD liked, reminded me of Stouffers or Kraft, the tomato and cucumber salad, which my mom said was ok, but would not get it again, and the fruit cup, which was so good, we wished we would have got two of these since we all loved the fresh fruit. Everyone could choose their own dessert, so we got a orange, which weighed about 2lbs, the corn bread, my dad said it was really good, a choc. chip cookie, which was good, and a rice crispy treat which was really good and HUGE! Overall we really enjoyed this meal and would do it again sometime.

There are tables in many different places, we chose a table just to the left of the pick up area right along the water, which was very nice. It was set back away from the main walking away and in the shade. Overall, I would say this was a good meal and anice change from the normal QS. I do not have pics this time beacause we started eating before I rememberedo take them.

This started a week before we arrived and not to many people seem to know about it. When we ordered and picked up our meal there was not a line at all. However, quite a few people who saw our meal asked where they could get it too since it looked and smelled so good.