PDA

View Full Version : Are Coral Reef and Liberty tree tavern worth the money? $$$$$$$

SaraHyland
07-13-2009, 06:11 AM
I have ADRS for coral reef for lunch and liberty for dinner
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I've never been to either<<<<<<<<<<<<

It'll be just my boyfriend and I for a week (18th-25th of july/5 more days!!) We're celebrating our anniversary/graduation from highschool :)

Lizzybear
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Haven't eat at Liberty Tree Tavern but have at Coral Reef in 2007. Although we were on the dining plan we would have been more than happy to pay for it OOP, excellent food and service :)

alamode
07-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Liberty Tree for dinner is a Thanksgiving meal type of dinner. They bring meat, potatoes, veggies etc to your table in big bowls or plates for everyone at the table to share. If you want more of anything, just ask.

My kids and I liked it a lot, but as it's a buffet of sorts, come hungry.

Disneyfun1
07-13-2009, 07:52 AM
We love liberty tree for dinner. We always make it a point to go there each trip since we discovered it a few years ago.

Coral reef-we are not big seafood eaters, so its ok. It really neat to see the big tank, but we only go every now and again. We are on the dining plan this trip so we are going to do it since one of our kids has not been there before.

*KeepMovingForward*
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
We enjoy Coral Reef a lot and its one of DD's favorite places at Disney. The food is good and the atmosphere is pretty cool. LTT on the other hand is not our cup of tea. We usually have come away with getting lukewarm meats and then Stouffer's mac & cheese and Stove Top do not excite me-at least not at those prices. We were always hungry when we got out of there because its just not our kind of meal, but others love it...so it really is just personal preference.

Tinkerbell3014
07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
We have been to both and loved them. However, we were on the DDP so cost was not an issue.

psac
07-13-2009, 09:58 AM
LTT for LUNCH is great. I've heard so-so reviews about dinner because of the family style nature. Food isn't made to order as it is for lunch.

wishtdream
07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Our family loves LTT we dont care for coral reef.

erinch
07-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Coral Reef at lunch is cheaper, which is when we go. We get the first ADR when they open, and get there 10 minutes early so we can ask for a table by the tank.

I like the food at Crystal Palace better than LTT for dinner, but the rest of the family likes LTT and the "old-fashioned" atmosphere. We've never been for dinner w/out the characters but will be in August.

Neesy228
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
We aren't fans of either place. LTT is okay, but not a favorite. Coral Reef has been the worst dining experience we ever had at Disney.

If you're looking for great, fun places to eat in MK and Epcot, I would recommend Tony's or the Plaza in MK and Teppan Edo or Chefs de France in Epcot.

Enjoy your trip! My boyfriend (now husband of 10 years!) went to Disney after we graduated and had the best time! :lovestruc

Tikitoi
07-13-2009, 11:43 AM
LTT definitely! Coral Reef...can take it or leave it. But a beautiful restaurant to see. :upsidedow

momofrrr
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
We love LTT, won't go back to Coral Reef. But.....dining is a very personal thing. for everyone with my opinion you will find one with the opposite. Have a great trip!

DrmWvr1299
07-13-2009, 03:10 PM
That is our dilemma right now. Every trip we have at least one meal at LLT but this past Jan. the food was so-so. I don't know, maybe we were just not having a LLT day. We will be trying the CR this time and not eating at LLT.

suevee
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
My vote is to do Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. I like the a la carte menu versus the fixed menu. We do Coral Reef for lunch and love it!!! We pay OOP

ROEDISNEY
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
I like both places . I have done them for dinner. And would go back.

Connerzmom
07-13-2009, 04:00 PM
We didn't care for Coral Reef when we went last year. I loved the aquarium, but the food wasn't great at all. You'll probably get mixed reviews for both (so I would just go by how the menu looks to you all).

Jerry@dvcstore
07-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Coral Reef is a great restaurant and well worth the $$$. Liberty Tree Tavern is nice but Between the two I would do the Coral Reef. If you have a chance to do both, Check them out. They are both good and worth the costs. I just like the Coral Reef better due to the Ambience.

4everGoofy
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Have been to Coral Reef twice, first time was good, second time was average for the cost. LTT was turkey, mashed potatoes etc...at the time it was a character dinner but I'm not sure that it still is. Coral Reef is $$$$.

4everWDW
07-13-2009, 08:18 PM
We have never been to Coral Reef but we really enjoy LTT

tracys2cents
07-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I see that LTT is "presented by Stouffers". Is this just stouffer's frozen turkey and gravy , the frozen stuff that you can get in the market? Or are they cooking turkey there?

wdwfan1
07-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Not impressed at all with Coral Reef. The meal was expensive, the portions were small and the food was just okay. Even though we were on the food plan, we were disappointed. We did enjoy the atmosphere.

We like LTT, but have not been there since they discontinued the characters.

summerlady
07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
We've been to both. I loved Coral Seas, had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits, and another nice thing was that my DGD was able to have grilled chicken rather than the usual nuggets and such. The only thing that bothered me was the noise level in the restaurant. Liberty Tree Tavern was ok, I wasn't crazy about it but DH and DGD LOVED it, but I don't think we'll be going back without the characters, they were the high point and without them it's just blah Stouffer's food. You can buy the mac and cheese in the grocery store.

summerlady
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
We've been to both. I loved Coral Seas, had the blackened catfish with pepperjack grits, and another nice thing was that my DGD was able to have grilled chicken rather than the usual nuggets and such. The only thing that bothered me was the noise level in the restaurant. Liberty Tree Tavern was ok, I wasn't crazy about it but DH and DGD LOVED it, but I don't think we'll be going back without the characters, they were the high point and without them it's just blah Stouffer's food. You can buy the mac and cheese in the grocery store.

Oops..."coral reef" not "seas"...I hate when I do that! :laughing:

Lynn5700
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
I have done Coral Reef and love it! I think it is worth it. If you go get the steak!! So good.

disgirl
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
We have never eaten at Liberty Tavern so I can not comment on that restaurant. We have however, eaten at coral Reef for both dinner and lunch and have always had a wonderful meal. We love the atmosphere and enjoy the food there. This trip my son is taking a friend for the first time and we are going to Coral Reef for lunch.

Enjoy!!:goodvibes

worm761
07-13-2009, 10:30 PM
We really enjoyed Coral Reef. I am not a seafood person. The tank was very fun. We were on the top tier but along the wavy wall. It has a great view of the whole tank. The food was oh so yummy! DBF had the chicken. Super moist and was delicious. I had the steak since I am not an adventurous eater. It was very good. We are planning to go back and will probably order those two things again.

fiveforall
07-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I thought LTT was way overrated. I am from the South and the "turkey and fixings" that LTT serve greatly pale in comparison to my momma's and nana's---heck, even my---cooking. We just didn't enjoy it, though the atmosphere is lovely. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef.

Mommytobree
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Liberty Tree Tavern is my absolute favorite restaurant at Disney! It is a family style buffet and Thanksgiving style...soooooooo good! My Disney trip is not complete unless we do dinner here. Plus, I am a history buff so anything old fashioned I am a sap for ;)