PDA

View Full Version : birthday dinner at MK

ontariomonkey
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
We haven't been to MK since we were teenages but will be there for my birthday this year. I know nothing about the nice restaurants there, if not for message boards I wouldn't even know that people did ADRs. duh. Anyway, what would you recommend for a nice dinner? We also have a car if there is somewhere nice at a hotel or something.

Thx in advance, hope that is not too vague!

chloelovesdisney
07-12-2009, 11:06 PM
What are you looking for - characters, fancy atmosphere, buffet, full service, etc. ?

MariDisney
07-12-2009, 11:13 PM
We haven't been to MK since we were teenages but will be there for my birthday this year. I know nothing about the nice restaurants there, if not for message boards I wouldn't even know that people did ADRs. duh. Anyway, what would you recommend for a nice dinner? We also have a car if there is somewhere nice at a hotel or something.

Thx in advance, hope that is not too vague!

In Magic Kingdom there are four table service restaurants:
1. Crystal Palace, which is a good buffet with the Pooh characters
2. Tony's Town Square, which is a fair Italian restuarant
3. The Plaza, which I have never been to, but understand it is mostly sandwiches and the like
4. The meal in Cinderella Castle, which has a name, but I can't think of it. Cinderella and other characters are there in some way. I haven't been in a few years, but I think I remember that now they are in the lobby area, and don't come around during dinner. I could be off base on that.

For what I would call a "nice" dinner (i.e., one or several steps above something like Olive Garden or Red Lobster) there are restuarants in some of the resorts on the monorail line: Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian and California Grill at the Contemporary come to mind.