PDA

View Full Version : Can you get free dining..

monkeybug
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
with a campground reservation? I got a code for free dining and am planning on reserving a cabin, but if I could still get it with a campsite reservation that would be awesome!

Porphyro
07-12-2009, 08:04 PM
with a campground reservation? I got a code for free dining and am planning on reserving a cabin, but if I could still get it with a campsite reservation that would be awesome!

My understanding is that free dining is not available with a campsite reservation. Sorry

Shan-man
07-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Nope, only with the cabins. Sorry.

:santa:

monkeybug
07-12-2009, 08:07 PM
Bummer! Oh well the cabins will be fun too! Thanks for the replies!

polkadotsuitcase
07-13-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm curious why this is? Is it somehow not cost effective if someone camps and uses the plan?

To be honest, we've never used the plan when camping and not missed it, but when friends rave about the plan, I sometimes wonder...

Born 2 Fish
07-13-2009, 05:05 AM
I'm curious why this is? Is it somehow not cost effective if someone camps and uses the plan?

To be honest, we've never used the plan when camping and not missed it, but when friends rave about the plan, I sometimes wonder...

I believe the reason for this is because on a campsite you are allowed up to 10 people per site, and a campsite is generally much cheaper per night than a cabin and a cabin doesn't allow as many people in them as does a campsite,,,so a campsite could end up cost'n Disney much more than a cabin on the free food thing,,

so your answer is it is not cost effective for Disney.

Let's go fish'n ! :thumbsup2

polkadotsuitcase
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]I believe the reason for this is because on a campsite you are allowed up to 10 people per site, and a campsite is generally much cheaper per night than a cabin and a cabin doesn't allow as many people in them as does a campsite,,,so a campsite could end up cost'n Disney much more than a cabin on the free food thing,,

so your answer is it is not cost effective for Disney.

Ah, that's what I thought -- thanks for the answer! Although you'd think there would be a way to limit the free plan to X number of guests/site. But I suppose that could be an administrative headache. (Don't mind me; just talking to myself.)

And Born 2 Fish, love the name -- hubby's a huge tournament angler...if he's not on the water for a couple days, he just ain't happy!

chartle
07-13-2009, 12:27 PM

With a campsite you can buy the plan, you just can't get free dining.

If they did offer free dining you would see a lot of empty sites during FD.

Locals or even people staying off site would book a site just for the free dining. I believe locals have been known to book a room at one of the values just for this purpose.