PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home maybe not a bogus line

culli
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
I was asking my 6 year old what her favorite resort is and being the PC little girl she is (actually very amazing how PC she is) she say she likes them all equally. But she did state she really likes the rooms with the kitchens (how she tells the difference between a hotel and DVC unit) "because Daddy when we go to the room it feels like we are comming home and we live at Disney", I almost fell down when she said it.

I guess you had to be there but had to share and she was so serrious about it.

WDW Enabler
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
our 4 year old feels the same way too.

dvcbecker
07-12-2009, 09:10 PM
We completely agree. We always feel like we're checking in to a second home. We always get a one-bedroom villa so the kids have their own space and so we can eat breakfast in the room everyday. It definitely does feel like home!:cloud9:

Tink-n-Belle
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
This 42 yo feels the same way!!! It is just so cool to come home to a 1 bedroom with all the comforts of home. A kitchen with food and plates and cups, a king size bed, huge bathroom, sofa, balcony, pool, w/d. :lovestruc

nickspace
07-12-2009, 10:23 PM
It really does feel like home as compared to a hotel room.

Alexander
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
The first visit DS (now 3) remembers was when we stayed at "OUR pink house". He was 2 and we were staying at SSR. We had one of the pink buildings. Now he always asks me if we are staying at "OUR pink house". Sometimes I have to say, "how about the blue one this time?"

hakepb
07-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Kids really get it, and it's amazing how it comes out!
(see sig line, too)

PamOKW
07-13-2009, 06:59 AM
On a longer trip, does anyone else find themselves looking for the mail? ;)

Flyerfan
07-13-2009, 07:40 AM
From the mouths of babes. :goodvibes

xkwisit
07-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I am so glad to hear that. We are planning our first DVC vacation next month. We've never stayed or even seen any of the DVC villas. We're staying at Saratoga Springs & the pics online & in the books are beautiful. I can't imagine what they will look like in person. I can't wait. I think I'm more excited than the kids. Every morning when they wake up I give them the count down.

Can't wait to go Home.....

Crystal_27
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
That's just precious! I can't wait until my first trip home!! :lovestruc

WDW Enabler
07-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I am so glad to hear that. We are planning our first DVC vacation next month. We've never stayed or even seen any of the DVC villas. We're staying at Saratoga Springs & the pics online & in the books are beautiful. I can't imagine what they will look like in person. I can't wait. I think I'm more excited than the kids. Every morning when they wake up I give them the count down.

They just remodeled the main pool. And say hi to the staff at community hall for me, especially Ms. Sundee.

Michael

rkwier
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I was asking my 6 year old what her favorite resort is and being the PC little girl she is (actually very amazing how PC she is) she say she likes them all equally. But she did state she really likes the rooms with the kitchens (how she tells the difference between a hotel and DVC unit) "because Daddy when we go to the room it feels like we are comming home and we live at Disney", I almost fell down when she said it.

I guess you had to be there but had to share and she was so serrious about it.

Oh my goodness, this is soooo precious!!! I agree with her wholeheartedly!

DVCJones
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Smart kid you have there.:thumbsup2

culli
07-14-2009, 06:14 PM
On a longer trip, does anyone else find themselves looking for the mail? ;)
:lmao: No but I KNOW I WILL be next time.....thanks for that BTW:headache:

Starr W.
07-14-2009, 07:07 PM

I'm always more excited than the kids, though they are pretty excited about staying in a Grand Villa at SSR this Thanksgiving. It will be our 4th Thanksgiving at SSR.

We own at SSR and the grounds are wonderful. DVC does a great job with keeping the landscaping up.

BWV Dreamin
07-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm always more excited than the kids, though they are pretty excited about staying in a Grand Villa at SSR this Thanksgiving. It will be our 4th Thanksgiving at SSR.

We own at SSR and the grounds are wonderful. DVC does a great job with keeping the landscaping up.

A Grandvilla!!! If TK cancels, another "Hope" can be her substitute!:rotfl:

Starr W.
07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
A Grandvilla!!! If TK cancels, another "Hope" can be her substitute!:rotfl:

Well that Princess Diana dress exhibit over at DTD has caught her attention, she's pretty excited about seeing that. And we're going to do afternoon tea at the GF, sans my 3 males. :rotfl2:

Now the fun part will be her in the parks. :headache:.

Hey, maybe is she bails and I substitute another Hope, there's a NASCAR race Sunday b4 Thanksgiving at Homestead.

BWV Dreamin
07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Well that Princess Diana dress exhibit over at DTD has caught her attention, she's pretty excited about seeing that. And we're going to do afternoon tea at the GF, sans my 3 males. :rotfl2:

Now the fun part will be her in the parks. :headache:.

Hey, maybe is she bails and I substitute another Hope, there's a NASCAR race Sunday b4 Thanksgiving at Homestead.

Oh yeah! And the final Cup race to boot! I don't know, there's still 5 more months for TK to bail! Sorry OP, way off topic...:flower3:

laughinplace199
07-14-2009, 08:04 PM
OP, what a cute comment your DD made!

Whenever we're missing WDW, my DD always says that she is "home away from home"sick.

culli
07-19-2009, 02:44 PM
OP, what a cute comment your DD made!

Whenever we're missing WDW, my DD always says that she is "home away from home"sick.

Thanks and the boys (4 and 2 years old now) want to know..."Dad can we stay forever and ever". My youngest balls his brains out whenever we leave for a good hour or so.

Off topic but my daughter did some princess camp thing through her dance class. Well my 2 year old wants to go to Star Wars camp, I have no idea what that is but I think he is talking about the Jedi demo they do at DHS. So my wife drops my daughter off and my son was screaming and balling for over an hour because he can't understand why he can't go to Star Wars camp!!! My wife left me a voicemail and I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Funny becasue last trip we went to the Jedi thing and he had his hand up screaming "NO NOT ME, NO NOT ME" the Jedi kept looking at him because I'm almost positive he wanted to pick him. He stopped at my son at least 3 times and had this confussed look when he saw him jumping and waiving his hand but screaming the "NO NOT ME, NO NOT ME".

I guess you had to be there but like we all know these are the memories that put a smile on your face and will remember forever.

Another reason I love these boards, I really enjoy reading others stories like this and the TR with LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!!

logan115
07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
A few months back when once we finally decided to buy DVC we went and toured the BLT models at Doorway to Dreams in Chicago. We'd rented points on our previous two trips and absolutely loved it. Our DS (5) loved the models, but BLT is not what our home resort was going to be, so we took the literature and headed home.

A few days later, on the last day of the then-current incentives our guide called and asked if we had changed our mind and I said no thank you. When I hung up the phone, DS asked if that was the man selling us OUR "room" at WDW and I said yes, but where not buying it. 30 minutes of waterworks as we couldn't convince him that this didn't mean that we can't ever go back to WDW :rotfl:

I was pretty sold on buying a SSR resale, and eventually found the right contract, made the offer which passed ROFR (a mere 27 days later........) and we're now SSR owners.

When I told him he started jumping around with excitement and asked if we could go to WDW that weekend :rotfl2:

Planning our first trip home next May, can't wait to here those words as an owner.

Chris

capecoddisneyfamily
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Our 3 yo DD is always the most excited. Everytime we go to SSR she yells "My Disney house". We have stayed at three others, and never get that response just at SSR (which we own at)