PDA

View Full Version : mickey;s backyard bbq?

libmrducks
07-12-2009, 05:51 PM
I need yall's expert advice please:goodvibes. i s mickey's backyard bbq better than chef mickey's or the crystal palace? we want to do some kind of character meal. my ds will be 5 and my dd will be almost 2 when we go. thanks!

brendaziz
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Well there's no good way to compare the bbq to yoru typical character meal.
At teh bbq- it's more of a "show" and the food is subpar and it's outside and if the weather is extreme, you might not enjoy it too much. But the entertainment is great.
But if you're more the "indoor" type- and u want a nicer meal in a more peaceful environment- go w/ a chef mickey's or something like it.

My personal fave is Donald's safari bfast at tusker house in animal kingdom. Great food and character interaction.

minnie74
07-12-2009, 08:09 PM
I agree; they are two very different types of experiences. At the bbq you will have more time with the characters. They are out and about (roaming the tables and dancing on the dance floor) for almost the entire bbq. When we went we spent quite a bit of time dancing with Mickey and Goofy. If you want a picture and an autograph, I would just do Palace or Chef Mickeys. If you are wanting more extended interaction with the characters, I would do the BBQ. The bbq is also more expensive. All of these options are fun and worthwhile.

libmrducks
07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
awesome thanks guys!!!

cheezNE1
07-22-2009, 02:10 PM
anyone have pics of the mickey's bbq. Want to know how crowded and what the seatings are like.

ROEDISNEY
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I don't think you can compare them. I have been to both. Both are great. MBYBBQ - Good food & fun & show. Had a ball here.
CM- Good Food and fun. My Favorite place in the World.

TheRustyScupper
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Our Ratings of Mickey's BBQ:

. . . food price value: C (if on DDP = F)
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: D
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . Character interaction: C

NOTE: Tables are long picnic tables of about 40 people per table, so you sit with other families. No reserved seating, so the "mad dash" for seats can be interesting. There is no "front row", just the end of the picnic tables. Folks start lining up about 1-hr prior to the 5:30pm seating. Also, characters are there for dancing and front interaction, and sometimes do not go to tables - so, sometimes there is a long line trying to get to the characters.