PDA

View Full Version : Collin's MAW Pre-Trip Report

Mickydees
07-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi all, following is Collin's Pre Trip Make A Wish Report. I hope many of you enjoy getting to know Collin and become informed about his disease. We will be going October 10 - 16, 2009. I will begin by introducing the cast of characters:

Collin (our wish kid) Age 6 will be seven 7/25
Angellyn Age 12
Mishelle Age 17
Lisa - Mom
Carey - Dad

As most other families we feel there are other kids that are more deserving. So reluctantly we let our MD recommended us. We are so looking forward to this trip. It will be a much needed break from our daily battle.

Briefly, Collin was a healthy boy until 11/07. He had fallen off his bed and bumped his head. (It was later explained the fall did not cause his vision loss but he was most likely already starting to have vision loss which caused the fall) He was taken to the ER, had a CT and everything looked fine. However within a few days he began losing his vision. After a visit to his eye doctor we were sent to a Pediatric Neurologist. After being quickly put into the hospital in Savannah, GA and starting a round of steroids and more tests it was determined Collin had Optic Neuritis. He was diagnosed with MS. In March of 08 we were sent to Children's Hospital at UAB in Birmingham, AL. We were then told we were not dealing with MS but with something called Devic's Disease. Don't feel bad we had never heard of it either. Instead of trying to explain it here feel free to visit http://www.collinsquest.org. Breifly it is a disease that attacks the mylen (an outer protective covering) on his nerves. This is what caused his initial vision loss and subsequent back and leg problems. Collin did regain much of his vision back but has had flare ups since then where he loses some or all of his vision. So far the steroid treatments bring back most of his vision. He is currently receiving monthly chemo treatments along with IVIG in between. This helps although he does have occasional flare ups and is not able to hold out for long periods of time. In the summer of 08 our Ped Neuro relocated out of state. Being unable to find another Ped Neuro familiar with his disease we moved from SE Georgia to NE Birmingham, AL to get the care he needs.

In a nut shell that is what brings us to our wish trip. Collin is so excited about his trip. We look forward to getting to know the other wish trippers. Feel free to offer any advice for our trip or if you have questions we will be glad to talk with you.

Guess that's enough for now (if anyone is still with me). Great to be here and looking forward to our adventure.:yay:

Mickydees
07-12-2009, 04:28 PM
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/collinandjimmycroped.jpg

Collin & his favorite nascar driver

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/1.jpg

Collin & his sisters

wkualum
07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh those pictures are adorable! And I'm such a sucker for red headed boys! And we share a birthday -- Collin is indeed a piece of my heart now!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip plans. We are still waiting for our dates and my patience isn't doing so well. It's rather thin ;). I'm just so excited I want to know dates!! :)

Matt1026
07-12-2009, 05:49 PM
WELCOME!!!! You have a beautiful family. I just love the picture of your family.

Your story sounds very similar to ours. Our son was in pain in his back and legs but the doctors said it was growing pains. Then after a fall they finally did tests and found out that he too had a rare disease call Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis we too had never heard of that and most of the doctors around here had heard about it but did not know much else. His treatment is very similar. He is on steroids and chemo every three weeks.

Looking forward to hearing about your planning and your upcoming trip. We leave in 56 days (yes we are counting). We can not wait.

MomTo4+more
07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Collin is simply adorable! October is one of our possible times for travel. We don't have dates yet. I am guessing our trip will be in November. I am looking forward to following your trip report. My son is close to the same age as yours. What is he most excited about at Disney?

maroo
07-12-2009, 07:43 PM
You guys are awesome.

I have already checked out the website and am glad that you guys are putting out information to others about this disease that you guys are dealing with each day.

I can't believe you had to move to get closer to your doctors. That is really hard to up and move. Sounds like Collin is a very fortunate young man to have a family that is taking awesome care of him!

It sounds like you are well on your way to planning...if you want any help, please let me know! :)

I can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing your magical vacation with us!! :)

Mickydees
07-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Collin is simply adorable! October is one of our possible times for travel. We don't have dates yet. I am guessing our trip will be in November. I am looking forward to following your trip report. My son is close to the same age as yours. What is he most excited about at Disney?
Collin says he is really looking forward to doing Buz Lightyear. We have also talked about doing the new pirate makeover. He seems to be excited about that too.

maroo
07-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Collin says he is really looking forward to doing Buz Lightyear. We have also talked about doing the new pirate makeover. He seems to be excited about that too.

Buzz is one of my most favorite rides!!!!!

Remind me to send you guys some "hints" for scoring high...so you can give them to him so he can beat his sisters. He he. :rotfl2:

myasma
07-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Congratulations on your Wish trip and welcome to the thread? Can't wait to read more about your beautiful family.

Mickydees
07-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi all. Hope everyone is doing well. Collin is doing pretty good at present. He has responded well from his last treatment. It's good to see him up and moving around playing for a change. :yay: Since he is doing as well as he is we decided to take a quick day trip to Six Flags in Atlanta, GA. It is only about an hour drive for us. Collin did better than we thought he might. He is not a big roller coaster enthusiast but he did enjoy the water area and the Thomas Town. Here are a couple of pictures.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/six%20flags%207%2009/07-13-09_1218.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/six%20flags%207%2009/07-13-09_1240.jpg

We put in about a good 6 hours, didn't want to tire him out too much. He held up good and seemed to bounce back good. I'll (Dad) be taking care of the kids the rest of the week as Mom (Lisa) will be in Dallas Texas for national rally with her jewelry business.:scared1:
We have not heard any updates from MAW lately, so we're just looking forward to and planning for our October dates we were given. Collin goes to his Neuro Thursday for some blood work. A question for the trippies: Should we make our on reservations or have MAW do it for us. We have a couple of restaurants we want to do. Really hoping the new Cat Cora restaurant will be open. Also thinking of having Collin do the Pirates League. Any thoughts would be appreciated. We will update as our planning progresses. Still trying to figure out what days to do what as we will be there on Columbus Day. May try to avoid MK that Sunday & Monday but we'll see. Have a great day! :cool1:

DWGal210
07-15-2009, 01:17 PM
You have a lovely family - I'm so happy for you that you get to take this trip! That's wonderful! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

maroo
07-15-2009, 04:25 PM
About the ressies...

I think, if MAW makes them...they normally "pay" for them... Our chapter (and each is different) will let the child do one special meal or thing and they cover it. In our case, we asked them to let Lauren do a makeover at BBB.

If we had been really smart, we would have asked for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party instead and paid for her makeover out of our pocket.

So, yes...I would let MAW make any reservations that they are willing to make. Each chapter is different with what they will cover. Some chapters pay for parties before you go and a limo ride to the airport...ours didn't and added money in the expense check to do special things/souvies when you are there.

Having said all of that...

I would make any reservation on your own, too. Most don't cost you anything to make a reservation. Then you can call them back and cancel any that you are not going to use or where MAW double booked you.

We also had an issue with something MAW booked...we had to move it...and it helped to have another ressie in place for it.

Also...I would use the online service to make them...it is so easy and saves the long distance call. :)

Corrine 1973
07-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't know about other chapters, but the Illinois chapter told us that they would pay for one special event on top of our trip. I only found this out when I specifically asked for help when I found I didn't have enough money to do everything we wanted to do. :scared1:

We chose to get tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party because we had to pay for that one up front. I than had a friend help me with the ADR's. We got two Character Meals and one in door dinning. The two character Meals required a Credit card to make reservations but nothing would be taken off the credit card unless we didn't show up with out canceling with in their time frame.:flower3:

Hope this helps you!!!!

Eeyores Butterfly
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes, the standard for most chapters is one special thing. Figure out what special things you are interested in and then choose the one that is the most expensive. You guys are going to love GKTW and Disney!

Mickydees
07-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Collin had a great doctor visit Thursday. Went mainly for blood work. His nurse practitioner said he looked great. Doing better than he has done in a while. :woohoo: His doctor did a mini evaluation and said he was doing great. So no changes on treatment. At home meds stay the same and will continue with once a month chemo treatment (cytoxin). Hope he can keep it up and still be doing good for our MAW trip. Was told they had sent in paperwork for trip. So everything should be good to go now. Mom (Lisa) is having a great time at Premier national rally in Dallas. She can't wait to get home to show everyone the new jewelry. Think she also misses us a little. :love: Collin had a rough time with her being gone yesterday. But he is doing ok today. Hope everyone has a great weekend

Eeyores Butterfly
07-18-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm glad to hear Collin's visit went well. You all must be getting excited!

wkualum
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Not only do Collin and I share a birthday, but our trip dates are the same!! Isn't that cool? Maybe we could plan to meet up one day at the village!

I'm happy to hear that his dr appointment went great!! :cool1:

Mickydees
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
WKUALUM, we will definately have to try and get together while we are there. We'll try to put something together closer in.

Collin had a great birthday Saturday (7/25) at the beach in Saint Simons Island, Georgia. He really enjoyed being at the beach and spending time with his cousins, aunts, uncles and Nanna & Pappa. Here are a few pictures from the trip:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/9.jpg
Collin playing in the sand

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/6.jpg
Collin admiring his birthday cake

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/1-1.jpg
Collin, Angellyn & Mishelle at the park

There are a few more pictures on his website: http://www.collinsquest.org/_mgxroot/page_10766.html

Collin handled the trip pretty well. He did get stiff during the ride. He really enjoyed being at the beach for a few days. Being in the water seems to help with his legs.

We are also getting ready for school. Since he got sick he has not been able to attend school. We did have a short time of hospital homebound before we moved. School starts 8/10 here. He will begin with a part time schedule on only 1/2 days. Hopefully he'll be able to handle it with no setbacks.

Collin is really looking forward to his trip. We are still undecided about MNSSHP. He is not really into the halloween thing. Plus he usually wears out by the end of the day. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. He wants to do the pirate makeover, just hope we can work it all in. We also want to eat at Cat Cora's new restaurant. We will be getting with our local MAW chapter to get us some reservations.

That's all for now, I'll update later, best wishes to everyone.

Corrine 1973
07-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Happy belated birthday Collin!!!!:bday:party::jumping1:

Mickydees
07-31-2009, 07:33 PM
We started trying to nail down our plans for Collins trip. We were undecided about MNSSHP. We are not really halloween people so not sure if Collin would enjoy. Collin is not really into the scary stuff either. But after much debate we told our MAW volunteer to try to book that for 10/13. If nothing else it will be like an extra 1/2 day at MK. We also asked to have Collin do the pirate makeover. Ever sense he saw it he has wanted to do it. We are going to try to get it just after 4pm on 10/13 hoping we can get in for the party at 4. Still trying to get everything else planed out. Trying for reservations at Cat Cora's new restaurant on Boardwalk for the day we arrive. The flight we want gets in around noon so should give us plenty of time to get checked in at GKTW and spend some time there then go to Boardwalk for dinner. We are also wanting to eat at T-Rex sometime during the week. Now trying to figure out how to work in all 4 parks in the 3 days. Thinking of doing 1 day at MK, 1 day at DHS, and do AK in AM & Epcot in afternoon. MNSSHP will give us some extra time to get in anything we miss at MK. Just hoping the crowds want be to bad as we will be there during Columbus Day weekend. Our plan is to wait till Tuesday to do DW & hit Sea World and Universal Sunday & Monday. All this is still in the planning stage so any opinions would be appreciated.

Collin has had a pretty good week. Any time he is up walking and playing is a good week:banana:

Our MAW volunteer said she hoped to have the flight and other reservations finalized by Aug. 10th. Guess we'll know more then if everything falls into place.

We are praying for all the other families that dealing with their tough times. Praying that God will give comfort and peace.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.:yay:

arilvdc
07-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow, Collin sounds like such a great kid, I'm glad he's getting this opportunity. I love everyone's red hair!

bettyann29
07-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Im in for your ptr!! sounds like you guys are gonna have a blast..

Your kids are so cute.. they all look alike.. and Collin looks like a sweet little boy..

I think you are going during a great time.. the weather will definitely be better than in the middle of the summer when it is brutally hot..

looking forward to hearing more!

Mickydees
08-05-2009, 10:48 AM
Just a quick note to let everyone know Collin is on his way to the hospital to get his monthly chemo treatment. His last blood count showed the counts are finally getting close to where they need to be. Hoping he will only be in overnight. Also that he want be sick with it either. Nothing really new on our trip planning. Working on getting all the kids ready for school. We should know more of our trip details by next week. Everyone is really excited and can't wait. :dance3:

MomTo4+more
08-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Just wanted to say I'm hoping for an easy short stay for this round of chemo. Keep dreaming of Disney while you are there!

Mickydees
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Collin did fine with his chemo treatment this week. Only got sick just a little. We spent some time at his school today. Met with his teacher who happens to be a big nascar fan. Gives Collin and her something in common. Nothing new on our trip plans. Hopefully by Monday of next week we'll have our flight times and our other reservations. Hope everyone is having a great week and have and have a great weekend.:thumbsup2

kimmylaj
08-24-2009, 10:27 AM
beautiful, beautiful children, cant wait to hear more about your trip

2specialkids
08-24-2009, 10:48 AM
He's absolutely adorable!! I think all of our special kids deserve this (though I was also hesitant about doing it). It's nice to have some "normal" time for them, just let them be kids. Have a great trip...I look forward to hearing all about it!

Mickydees
08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I apologize for not updating sooner. We are into our 3rd week of school. Things are starting to settle down into a routine now. Collin is adjusting pretty well. He is only going 1/2 days for now. Only went 2 days last week as He was sick with a cold Monday, had Dr. appointment and some tests Wednesday, and was worn out Thursday from Wednesday's trip. Hopefully he'll get a full 5 days in this week. Here are a couple of pictures from his first day:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Collin1.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/collindesk.jpg

As far as trip planning goes we have our flight times. We will be arriving in fairly early in the day so we plan to go to Disney Boardwalk that afternoon (after check in and orientation at GKTW). We have reservations at Kouzina. We (especially Collin) are big Food Network fans so it will be special to eat at Iron Chef Cat Cora's resturant. Collin will be doing the Pirate Makeover. We are still debating MNSCHP. We had pretty well decided to go but found out that will be our expense. We may decide to use our money for something else as Collin is not a big Halloweener. Nevertheless we are all excited about our trip. :dance3: Can't believe how close it is. I want to give a big thank you to the Big Give for including Collin. This will make our trip even more special. Collin is holding his own healthwise right now. No flare ups :woohoo: Keeping our fingers crossed he doesn't pick up a bug at school that can turn into a flare up. Will update again as we get closer.

wkualum
08-24-2009, 06:10 PM
I apologize for not updating sooner. We are into our 3rd week of school. Things are starting to settle down into a routine now. Collin is adjusting pretty well. He is only going 1/2 days for now. Only went 2 days last week as He was sick with a cold Monday, had Dr. appointment and some tests Wednesday, and was worn out Thursday from Wednesday's trip. Hopefully he'll get a full 5 days in this week. Here are a couple of pictures from his first day:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Collin1.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/collindesk.jpg

As far as trip planning goes we have our flight times. We will be arriving in fairly early in the day so we plan to go to Disney Boardwalk that afternoon (after check in and orientation at GKTW). We have reservations at Kouzina. We (especially Collin) are big Food Network fans so it will be special to eat at Iron Chef Cat Cora's resturant. Collin will be doing the Pirate Makeover. We are still debating MNSCHP. We had pretty well decided to go but found out that will be our expense. We may decide to use our money for something else as Collin is not a big Halloweener. Nevertheless we are all excited about our trip. :dance3: Can't believe how close it is. I want to give a big thank you to the Big Give for including Collin. This will make our trip even more special. Collin is holding his own healthwise right now. No flare ups :woohoo: Keeping our fingers crossed he doesn't pick up a bug at school that can turn into a flare up. Will update again as we get closer.

He looks great and excited for his first days of school! :wizard: Here is the magic wand to keep the creepy sickie bugs away from your home!!

We are getting close to our trip huh? Congrats on Big Give and getting a ressie at Kouzina. I love Iron Chef America and Food Network too! So I'm a BIT jealous :)

billwendy
08-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi!!

So nice to meet you and your family!! Glad you are going to get to do a MAW trip!! What FUN!!!

The MNSSHP is really fun - and isnt really scarey. We went on a week night last year, and although it was busy, we walked on the rides with no lines and just had a fun time. We got TONS of candy - lol - and the park was decorated for the event. BUT, if Collin wears out, it may not be worth it for you as the later you stay, the less crowded and more fun it gets.

Looks like your family is into NASCAR!!! Do you guys like it too, or just the kids? We are Gordon fans at our house....how about you?

Mickydees
09-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks for everyone stopping by and keeping up with us. Yes our family is into NASCAR. Collin is a BIG Jimmie Johnson fan. He actually got to meet him back in April. Collin had his monthly chemo treatment Friday. Today (Sunday) he is not feeling very good. Not sure if it is from the treatment and just getting started with school or if he is headed for a flare. He is complaining of leg pain and is tired quiet a bit. Hoping he can get to feeling better before our trip. As far as trip planning goes we are still debating the MNSSHP question. If we were there now he would not be able to hold out for something that late in the day. There is also the additional cost issue to be considered. We'll decide closer to our trip. Please continue to keep Collin in your thoughts and prayers that he is not headed for a flare up. Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day.

Mickydees
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Well unfortunately Collin is in a flare. He has been feeling worse since the weekend. Since Monday afternoon all he wanted to do is sleep. He has blured vision, trouble walking, pain in his legs, and for the first time lack of sensation in his left hand. Saw his neuro today and her comment was he looks bad. It was decided to begin a round of IV steriods followed by an oral taper. Due to all the sickies at our hospital his doc decided to do home IV. However if he does not improve in a couple of days he will have to be admitted. Then a dose of IVIG in a week or so. Hopefully this will bring him out of the flare and he will be feeling much better by the time our trip gets here. There is a more detailed update on his collinsquest website under the journal button. As you can imagine not a lot of planning has been going on the last few days. We did get a reservation for T-Rex on Wednesday of our trip. That's about all for now. Just praying Collin has a quick recovery and gets to feeling better soon. It's really tough to watch him just lying on the couch all day and not being able to do anything to help him. I will update in a few days. Till then thanks in advance for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

billwendy
09-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi!

Sure will be praying for a quick recovery for Collin. Glad you got Trex ressies too!

Wendy

wkualum
09-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Well unfortunately Collin is in a flare. He has been feeling worse since the weekend. Since Monday afternoon all he wanted to do is sleep. He has blured vision, trouble walking, pain in his legs, and for the first time lack of sensation in his left hand. Saw his neuro today and her comment was he looks bad. It was decided to begin a round of IV steriods followed by an oral taper. Due to all the sickies at our hospital his doc decided to do home IV. However if he does not improve in a couple of days he will have to be admitted. Then a dose of IVIG in a week or so. Hopefully this will bring him out of the flare and he will be feeling much better by the time our trip gets here. There is a more detailed update on his collinsquest website under the journal button. As you can imagine not a lot of planning has been going on the last few days. We did get a reservation for T-Rex on Wednesday of our trip. That's about all for now. Just praying Collin has a quick recovery and gets to feeling better soon. It's really tough to watch him just lying on the couch all day and not being able to do anything to help him. I will update in a few days. Till then thanks in advance for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Oh man. Mikaela and I hope Collin feels much better for his trip! We need him to be happy happy happy for when we meet you guys! He is in our prayers and God speed to him. :hug:

Mickydees
09-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your thoughts and continued prayers. Just trying to keep him from dehydrating. Hard for him to keep anything down. Tonight his vision has gone. Praying the steriods will bring that back in a few days. It has come back after previous attacks, so we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again.

Corrine 1973
09-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Our prayers for Collin and a speedy recovery.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

2specialkids
09-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Sending prayers and hugs for Collin. :grouphug: We're hoping he's doing better soon so he's got lots of strength and energy for his trip.

3princesses+aprince
09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Well, I just read through your PTR and your Collin is so precious. I am so sorry he is sick right now. I will be thinking about him and hoping he gets better in time for his trip. Losing his vision must be so scary for him. :wizard: Some Pixie Dust for Collin!!

wkualum
09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your thoughts and continued prayers. Just trying to keep him from dehydrating. Hard for him to keep anything down. Tonight his vision has gone. Praying the steriods will bring that back in a few days. It has come back after previous attacks, so we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks again.

Oh gosh. :grouphug: to you guys. Still praying for a speedy recovery for Collin. He's got a month to feel better and store up some energy for your trip.

jenb1023
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I hope Collin is feeling a little better today and continues to recover until he is 100% for your trip!

As for MNSSHP, we plan to hit the parks in the AM and then head back to the hotel for some rest/down time before going to the party. I also know they have a WISH lounge where you can rest for awhile if you don't want to leave the parks and go back to GKTW.

Looking forward to reading more about your plans once Collin is feeling better!

cajunfan
09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Here is my 2 cents about MNSSHP...

we were there last year in Oct...our first fall trip! It was me (47), my DS(15), a family friend (20 and 6 mo pregnant) and my sister (50). Needless to say, none of us are big Halloween people. We debated for a long time about attending the party because it was so expensive. (and there were no really good cast discounts...me and the 20 year old are (were) CMs at a Disney Store)...we ended up going because we figured none of us may have the opportunity to go back at that time of the year for quite some time. Boy am I glad that we did! The parade and fireworks alone were worth it to me! We enjoyed them that much. If anyone in your party is a villan fan...they will LOVE it because there are usually villian meet & greets. There are special photo ops, the trick or treating was fun too...we had full bags...the later it got, the more cany we got...we had a room full of chocoholics and we still had candy when we left...mixed bag on the candy...most of it is what I would call "good candy", although I have heard peaople say they have gotten "junky/cheap" candy. We were able to see the princess in their tent with very little wait...I am sure it would be the same for Mickey's tent...for us having fast access to the rides with little to no wait was a bonus, but that is not an issue for you folks since you have a GAC. We just really enjoyed the atmosphere! But I have also heard other people say that they hated it...we loved it and would go again if we had the opportunity.

Lynn

wkualum
09-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Just stopping by to see how Collin is feeling...hopefully much much better!

Sandy321
09-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Just signed on to your trip report!

The first day of school and chemo does seem to have taken a lot out of Collin - adding my prayers and positive thoughts :wizard:

Did Maroo send you tips for Buzz? If so go to this website and click on the pictures to get a feel for what and where to get the BIG scores!!!
http://badshoe.com/BuzzLightyearSpin.htm

My thoughts on MNSSHP - dont waste your time, dont waste your money!! Instead enjoy GKTW - its usually still really hot and humid in Oct - and the crowds for MNSSHP are intense! The candy is pitiful - the fireworks and parade are awestriking - but go to youtube and check it out - without the crowds!!

You are also going to be there for Food and Wine Festival at Epcot - that can be fun trying different foods - I think they will still have the Kim Possible game going on too -

maroo
09-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Just signed on to your trip report!

The first day of school and chemo does seem to have taken a lot out of Collin - adding my prayers and positive thoughts :wizard:

Did Maroo send you tips for Buzz? If so go to this website and click on the pictures to get a feel for what and where to get the BIG scores!!!
http://badshoe.com/BuzzLightyearSpin.htm

My thoughts on MNSSHP - dont waste your time, dont waste your money!! Instead enjoy GKTW - its usually still really hot and humid in Oct - and the crowds for MNSSHP are intense! The candy is pitiful - the fireworks and parade are awestriking - but go to youtube and check it out - without the crowds!!

You are also going to be there for Food and Wine Festival at Epcot - that can be fun trying different foods - I think they will still have the Kim Possible game going on too -

(Imagine me running at the screen.....arms flailing....)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ...............

Oh my gosh!!!

MNSSHP was the BEST $250+ bucks we spent on our whole wish trip!

:faint:

Lauren had a blast dancing with Chip and Dale and Donald...And we got more CANDY than I could have ever imagined!

PLUS - since you only get 3 Disney days with your GKTW stuff...going to MNSSHP would give you extra Disney time. ;) Take a big nap and plan on staying till Midnight! It will be a blast! You can get in at 4:00 PM and stay till after midnight!

Well....at least...we had a blast! ;)

I love you, Sandy....but they HAVE to go to MNSSHP!

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

billwendy
09-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Hi

We went on a weeknight early in the week and it wasnt bad at all!!! We were able to ride everything tons of times, sometimes without even getting off the ride!! We got TONS of good candy too - lots of hershey miniatures, twizzlers, sweet tarts, gummy stuff, milkyways, york peppermint patties,,,,,blow pops, mary janes, tootsie rolls,,,,,i cant remember what else, but we were suprised that the majority of the candy was brand name and the rest was from goofy's candy company.

Do want you feel your family would enjoy!!!!!

3princesses+aprince
09-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey, just wondering if Colin was feeling any better? Hope he is and hope to hear from you soon!

Mickydees
09-13-2009, 10:22 PM
A big thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and comments. Collin's latest flare took a lot out of all of us. Today (Sunday) he is doing some better. He was very sick for several days. At one point he lost most of his vision. He is doing better with that although still has some blurry vision. He is still struggling getting around. But at least he is up and about. He starts out fairly strong in the morning but gives out within a few hours. His bladder issues have also returned. But all in all better than where he was a few days ago. We are going to try for school Monday. We will only be sending him for 2-3 hours per day to start with. Still trying to decide on MNSSHP. We do like the idea of extra disney time since we only get 3 days of tickets. We would take a rest day during the majority of the day at GKTW and then hit the park late that day for the party. But we'll see. Still trying to decide on what days for what parks. Any advice would be appreciated our dates are 10/10 - 10/16. Having to factor in Columbus Day week. We are a little disapointed as our MAW will not be able to provide us with the limo to airport. Looking into doing that ourselves but it is kind of pricey. Trying to decide where to best spend money for the extras. Thanks again for all the prayers and kind thoughts. Hope everyone has a great week.

billwendy
09-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Wow, you guys really go through alot! I've been praying for your little guy!!

Glad to hear he seems to be coming out of the flare - how scarey for you all.

Do you have a stroller/wheelchair for him in the parks to help him conserve energy?

I'd stay away from the weekends if you could - the times Ive been to WDW that time of year, the weekends were busy and the weekdays were empty. If you did decide to do MNSSHP, you can usually get in at 4pm, so if you really rested all day, got a good nap before you came,,,,,it just might all work out!!

Hope you can figure out the whole airport transportation....

Wendy

jenb1023
09-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Glad to hear that Collin is doing a little better. I hope he continues to recover from his latest flare.

Maroo would be a good one to ask about touring plans etc. Of course, I am biased, but to me the more Disney time the better!

Sandy321
09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
A big thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and comments. Collin's latest flare took a lot out of all of us. Today (Sunday) he is doing some better. He was very sick for several days. At one point he lost most of his vision. He is doing better with that although still has some blurry vision. He is still struggling getting around. But at least he is up and about. He starts out fairly strong in the morning but gives out within a few hours. His bladder issues have also returned. But all in all better than where he was a few days ago. We are going to try for school Monday. We will only be sending him for 2-3 hours per day to start with. Still trying to decide on MNSSHP. We do like the idea of extra disney time since we only get 3 days of tickets. We would take a rest day during the majority of the day at GKTW and then hit the park late that day for the party. But we'll see. Still trying to decide on what days for what parks. Any advice would be appreciated our dates are 10/10 - 10/16. Having to factor in Columbus Day week. We are a little disapointed as our MAW will not be able to provide us with the limo to airport. Looking into doing that ourselves but it is kind of pricey. Trying to decide where to best spend money for the extras. Thanks again for all the prayers and kind thoughts. Hope everyone has a great week.

:grouphug: Continued prayers, positive thoughts, and :wizard:

Do NOT worry about the limo - there's better places to spend the money! It is a luxury - but the trip in and of itself is the prize! I'd spend the limo money on the MNSSHP tickets - it sounds like you have limited time to tour - so I think you are thinking in the right vein - get to MK at 4 (leave GKTW at 3 maybe - and take your time plano n entering the MK at 4!)

You will notice the crowds start to pick up at 4 - for the parade you want to be lined up at least 30 - 45 min before starting - all trip reports are saying that the crowds are HUGE for the parade, 3 - 6 people deep!

What parks are you planning on going to? Will you have park Hoppers?

Arrival day plans? If you are going to all 4 parks - I would start out at Animal Kingdom - do the Safari, Festival of the Lion King - how about EE or Dinosaur? Get soaked on Kali RIver, or bring ponchos!

Sat and Sun are going to be your most crowded parks - plan and prepare for the crowds - but dont worry - people watch!! You dont have to worry about getting FP so enjoy the time - make a list of what you want to see and do -

Epcot - will have the Food and Wine Festival - I would try and hit this park on a weekday - avoid it on Fri and SAt!! (but soon the restaurant board will have a review and a list of all the booths with food items - and ratings!! So you will want to try the Canada's LeCellier's famed Cheese Soup, they'll have it at the festival booth!!)

The usual Best Day crowd advice is to see which park had a late night emh and then the next day - thats the least crowded park! Avoid parks with a late night emh -

Columbus Day will be "crowded" but relatively speaking - it wont be Christmas time Crowded, Spring Break Crowded, or 4th of July crowded!!

and remember the best laid plans go astray! DD has some medical issues - and we have often made rope drop - then one year, she just couldnt do it - so staying in the resort and just being together was a blessing too!! We got there when we got there!! Do stop in at Club Cool at Epcot - the "Beverly" drink everyone makes faces for - its DD favorite drink!! ROFLOL - seriously - I have since found out it has quinine in it like Tonic Water - she would fill up a water bottle of that stuff!!

Mickydees
09-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Thank you for the suggestions. We will certainly use all the advice. Collin does have a wheel chair. It is one that folds up for transport so we will be taking it with us. Collin cannot seem to quite get over his latest disease flare up. He tried to go to school Monday but got sick on the way to his class. He kept running low blood pressures during the afternoon and night. This morning (Tuesday) he got up sick. So not trying school today. These flare ups just take a while to get over. If he has to have one glad it's now and not during our trip. Hopefully he'll be over it and ready for his trip. As far as questions about our plans: We will be coming in on a Saturday. After check in and orientation we are going to Disney Boardwalk for an ADR at Kouzina. According to the crowd calender Sunday is an 8. Thinking of doing Sea World. I've read they handle crowds pretty well since much of the park has shows going on. This will allow us to avoid DW on the weekend. We will do either Epcot or AK Monday. Maybe the holiday crowd will be managable. Plan on staying at GKTW for Tuesday and try to get some rest in and then head to MK at 4 for his pirate makeover and MNSSHP. Wednesday & Thursday try to get the rest of DW done. Have an ADR Wednesday for T-Rex. Friday go to US & IOA. We've done these parks before so I think we can do what we want in one day. These are just plans realizing all this can change depending on crowds and how Collin is doing. Trip will be here before we know it so we are all getting excited. Also a little nervous - hoping Collin will be over his flare up and feeling good. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. :thumbsup2

Sandy321
09-15-2009, 10:23 AM
what works with his low blood pressure issues? Can he have salty foods? Powerade? Pumpkin seeds work magic for me, as well as cheese crackers -

DD fell in love with Beverly when she was having difficulty... I know with his treatments it must be hit and miss, just trying different things!!

continued :grouphug: prayers and positive thoughts!! :wizard:

Sounds like you do have a great plan worked out!! :thumbsup2 We were in Disney for Columbus Day weekend one year - it was so frustrating to read the Theme board and all the posts - low crowds, NO LINES... then we get there - and BAM! Crowds, line etc... so I had a rotten time due to MY expectations - I've since learned that its all good - a bad day at Disney trumps a good day at work anytime!! ;)

Boardwalk entertainment isnt what it used to be, so if you have to forego that adr - dont stress it!! But it sounds like a nice way to ease into Disney! Cant wait to hear about it! I've been reading reviews and looking at pictures - I may try and add it!

cajunfan
09-16-2009, 10:05 PM
I read on Collin's caringbridge page about him being admitted to the hospital! We will keep you all in our prayers!

Lynn

Sandy321
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the update -

continued prayers - I'll put Collin on our church's prayer list - IL is praying Collin - be strong!!

wkualum
09-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Oh NO! I just got a PM from her yesterday as we are planning to meet at GKTW since we'll be on our trips at the same time. She didn't mention anything about this.

We are praying for Collin here in Kentucky as well. I hope he recovers quickly so he will be able to really enjoy his trip. Poor guy :(

Mickydees
09-17-2009, 09:00 AM
In the midst of our planning our trip, Collin's flare up is getting worse. At one point we thought he was getting over it. However, the last few days he has been going backwards. Wednesday went for bloodwork, while there Dr decided to admit and begin a 2 round course of IVIG. His Dr did not like the way he looked. He is very tired, having leg and back pain, lost bladder function and throwing up at least once a day. If he does not improve greatly in the next week we may have to reschedule our trip. Hopefully he'll come home from hospital Friday. Just really frustrating seems his flares are lasting longer each time. I'll update again in a few days. His caring bridge site will get updated more often. It is at : http://www.collinsquest.org
Click on the journal button to view his caring bridge page.
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Sandy321
09-17-2009, 09:30 AM
:grouphug:

Praying... may Collin continue to get what he needs to heal and gain strength - may you all be surrounded in His peace, and feel His healing hand upon you...

jenb1023
09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
I am so sorry to hear Collin's flare is not improving! I hope his hospital stay will be just the thing he needs to get better and to be well enough for your trip! :hug:

Mickydees
09-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Collin is home from the hospital. :thumbsup2 But he is still about the same. He slept most of the time while there. He still has back and leg pain, very tired, trouble with bladder and bowel function, and is not digesting his food. We are hoping after the IVIG kicks in most of this will return. Our biggest concern right now is the digesting problem. We have an appointment with a GI specialist Monday. Seems like that's all we do is got the hospital and visit doctors. Collins wish trip will be a wonderful change. He was very excited to see the Big Give packages when he got in. Here are some pics.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%201/BigGive1036.jpg
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%201/BigGive1040-1.jpg
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%201/BigGive1045.jpg
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%201/BigGive1043.jpg

The kids were so excited to open their gifts. You would think it was Christmas:yay:
A great big thank you to the special people from the Big Give. Lynn George (cajunfan) for the shirts and all the extras, also to Jen Baney (jenb1023) for the pixie dust (sorry the kids tore into that one before I could get the camera). All of this will make our trip so special.
Collins is pretty much worn out now. Making the trip home from the hospital and the excitement of the gifts is about all he can handle for today. He has a lot of improvement to make in the next three weeks. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts.

billwendy
09-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Awww- cute pics - your kids are adorable! Nice to see Collin smiling. How are the girls doing with him being so sick right now?

You guys are in my prayers...

Wendy

jenb1023
09-19-2009, 06:42 AM
You are welcome! No worries about not getting photos! I am just glad the package arrived safely and the kids were excited! Still thinking about Collin and praying he will feel better soon!

wkualum
09-19-2009, 07:00 AM
SO glad that Collin is home from the hospital and *fingers crossed* that the GI doc figures out that digestion problem.

Awesome Big Give gifts. Those ladies are incredibly talented!!

2specialkids
09-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Sending prayers that Collin continues to feel better. Hopefully as you get closer to the trip he'll get his strength back. This trip will be a double blessing as it sound like you all could use this break even more.
The kids got some great goodies from the Big Give! Looks like everyone is really enjoying them.
Take it easy and rest up so you all can have a great trip and take lots of pics.

Mickydees
09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Collin is improving very little. Met with yet another doctor on Monday (21st). This time a GI. Collin's Neuro was concerned about him not digesting his food. She wanted to rule out anything else besides his disease. The GI feels it is all part of his disease. (When he is in flare up his nerves are affected. Not always in the same area. The last two times it seems to affect the nerves that deal with his stomach and digestion in addition to eyes, legs, back, bladder, bowels, etc.
.) GI is setting up a plan to have temporary feeding tube as needed when he is in flare and cannot eat or drink. Also to start him on pedisure on a daily basis. Collin did make it back to school today (Tuesday) but only for about 2 hours. He seemed to tolerate it pretty good. He felt good up till about 4 pm. After that he feel asleep and as of 8:30 tonight is still sleeping. We'll try for school again tomorrow if he is up to it. He was excited to see another package from "The Big Give" folks. These guys are so awesome. Than you to Glenda Castro (gcast1) for all the pixie dust. This will certainly help the waiting and flight go much quicker. Here a some pics of the kids opening their gifts.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%202/DSCF0053.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%202/DSCF0056.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%202/DSCF0059.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%202/DSCF0055.jpg

We have revised our park schedule some. Here is what we have planned.
Sat: Arrive at GKTW, orientation, then off to Boardwalk for Dinner at Kouzina
Sun: Sea World
Mon: Epcot (a little nervous about this one as it is Columbus Day)
Tuesday: Spend day at GKTW (hopefully a nap for Collin)MNSSHP with a pirate makeover
Wednesday: DHS and dinner at T-Rex
Thursday: AK and back to GKTW for Christmas Party (hope to meet with two other wish families we've met on the board. Mikaela & Melia)
Friday: US & IOA and then our flight home.

Still keeping our fingers crossed Collin will be up to making his trip. He just goes 100 mph and then he's done for the day. Hopefully he'll build up some stamina between now and then. Maybe the pedia sure will help with that. It's funny from when we first found out about the trip it seemed like it could not get her quick enough. Now it's getting here so fast. Wondering is Collin going to be recovered enough. Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts. BTW most all of these posts are being done by Collin's dad. (DW just wanted me to clarify that - not sure why:confused:) She has her hands full taking care of Collin so thought I would take on this little project.

billwendy
09-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Whew, you guys re all really having a time of it!

Will keep praying for his (and your ) strength and endurance!

I think EPCOT is good for holding a big crowd. We have been there on New Years Day before, and while it was busy, we were still able to do all we wanted!! Will you have any type of guest assistance pass for Collin?

wkualum
09-22-2009, 09:56 PM
BTW most all of these posts are being done by Collin's dad. (DW just wanted me to clarify that - not sure why:confused:) She has her hands full taking care of Collin so thought I would take on this little project.

Welcome Collin's dad! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. I pray for Collin daily that he has the strength to make the trip. We are looking forward to meeting all of you that Thursday night!

jenb1023
09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Woo-hoo for more Big Give stuff and welcome Collin's dad!

Sending good thoughts and prayers for Collin's continued recovery from this flare.

jessica52877
09-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I've been praying and thinking about Collin. For some reason I never seem to post here though! I hope he has done better since the last update with school and just feeling better overall.

We wives tend to assume the wives do most of this kind of stuff. I love that you have taken on doing the disboard thing and have enjoyed our little chats about the big give and Collin!

Mickydees
09-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Collin is still recovering slowly from his flare up. He is still having some problems but we are seeing a little improvement. He did get sick Friday night so to be on the safe side we put in a feeding tube through his nose. Did this mainly to get him some pedialite so he would not dehydrate. We did get out some today to do some clothes shopping. He did fairly well but was tired before we got home. While checking the mail when we got home there was yet another "Big Gift" package. This of course perked him up. Wendy - Thank you so much. Something Disney and Jimmie Johnson. To Collin this is the best of both worlds. He was so excited to get another package. When he saw it was #48 Jimmie Johnson that put it over the top to him. Here are some pics.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%203/DSCF0061-1.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%203/DSCF0060-1.jpg

We are only 2 weeks away - nervously excited. Most of you know what I mean by that. Collin will get another chemo treatment before we leave. Hopefully he'll be feeling better by then. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.

billwendy
09-26-2009, 06:17 PM
Collin is still recovering slowly from his flare up. He is still having some problems but we are seeing a little improvement. He did get sick Friday night so to be on the safe side we put in a feeding tube through his nose. Did this mainly to get him some pedialite so he would not dehydrate. We did get out some today to do some clothes shopping. He did fairly well but was tired before we got home. While checking the mail when we got home there was yet another "Big Gift" package. This of course perked him up. Wendy - Thank you so much. Something Disney and Jimmie Johnson. To Collin this is the best of both worlds. He was so excited to get another package. When he saw it was #48 Jimmie Johnson that put it over the top to him. Here are some pics.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%203/DSCF0061-1.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%203/DSCF0060-1.jpg

We are only 2 weeks away - nervously excited. Most of you know what I mean by that. Collin will get another chemo treatment before we leave. Hopefully he'll be feeling better by then. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.

So excited to see Collin in his outfit!! I'm hoping he continues to recover & will feel good for your trip!! Thx for posting this so quickly!!! I loved seeing his smile!!!!!!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

wkualum
09-26-2009, 06:59 PM
While checking the mail when we got home there was yet another "Big Gift" package. This of course perked him up. Wendy - Thank you so much. Something Disney and Jimmie Johnson. To Collin this is the best of both worlds. He was so excited to get another package. When he saw it was #48 Jimmie Johnson that put it over the top to him. Here are some pics.

Wow, who knew Mickey Mouse liked Jimmie Johnson. How cool is that? :)

I'm glad Collin is improving. We are too are getting so excited! Even bought us some bling today so we are decked out like the princesses we are while at Disney :) I posted pics on our PTR. I can't wait for the mailman to visit us :)

jessica52877
09-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Love the race car jersey! Collin wears it like a pro.

Matt1026
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
I just love his shirt. How cute!!! I know you must be so excited about your upcoming trip!!! It is incredible. :thumbsup2

Mickydees
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM
What can I say about the "Big Give" folks? You guys are simply awesome. Two more packages this week. Here is the latest:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%204/DSCF0063-1.jpg

Thank you so much to Rachal (JohnsonsloveDisney) for the autograph books. We all love them so much. The kids will have a ball getting autographs. And Richelle, you really hit it with the Nascar number shirts. The kids are all about their favorite drivers. Thank you so very much. Not only will ALL the "Big Gift" presents we've received make the trip so much more magical, we will also have something to remember it by. Big Give people are so generous. God bless you for everything you do to bring some joy to us and the other wish families.

Collin is still doing about the same. He did make it to school today for about 2 1/2 hours. He felt pretty good till around 2 pm. After that he napped for about 4 hours. He is still getting sick at least once a day. It's beginning to look like this may be where he stays for a while. It's hard to believe our trip is so close. The kids are really excited. Thank each of you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

jessica52877
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Your children are just so precious! I think that every time I look at them! The red hair is beyond beautiful! I am sure you hear that all the time and sure Angellyn gets tired of hearing it! LOL!

What fun big give items! The shirts are so clever and cute!

billwendy
09-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Those Nascar number shirts are cool!!!

Collin must be so excited that Jimmie is doing so well again this year!!

Im a 24 fan!! all of our drivers are on the Hendricks team!!

Costumesaremylife
09-30-2009, 06:56 PM
What can I say about the "Big Give" folks? You guys are simply awesome. Two more packages this week. Here is the latest:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%204/DSCF0063-1.jpg

Thank you so much to Rachal (JohnsonsloveDisney) for the autograph books. We all love them so much. The kids will have a ball getting autographs. And Richelle, you really hit it with the Nascar number shirts. The kids are all about their favorite drivers. Thank you so very much. Not only will ALL the "Big Gift" presents we've received make the trip so much more magical, we will also have something to remember it by. Big Give people are so generous. God bless you for everything you do to bring some joy to us and the other wish families.

Collin is still doing about the same. He did make it to school today for about 2 1/2 hours. He felt pretty good till around 2 pm. After that he napped for about 4 hours. He is still getting sick at least once a day. It's beginning to look like this may be where he stays for a while. It's hard to believe our trip is so close. The kids are really excited. Thank each of you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

YAYYY I am so glad you got them! Take a picture in Disney for me! I had to make the nascar shirts because my mom is a huge Nascar fan too!

Richelle

Mickydees
10-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Another great big thank you to the "Big Give" folks. When we were first contacted about the "Big Give" we had no idea just how generous they were going to be. To say the least our family has been overwhelmed by what we have received. Here is the latest:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%205/DSCF0065.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%205/DSCF0066.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%205/DSCF0068.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%205/DSCF0067.jpg

Holly (vroomvroomlightning), the nascar blankets are wonderful. I had to get them off the kids beds this morning to get pictures. They all three had to have them last night. The timing was great as just this week we are seeing the first little bit of cool nighttime temps. With us being Nascar fans this was a big hit. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and the time and effort you put into it.

Got up this morning and realized we are into single digits. Wow.:scared1::woohoo::scared1: Collin will be going in the hospital Friday afternoon for his monthly chemo treatment. Hopefully he will be recovered from that by next Saturday. He is still doing about the same. Not pushing the school thing right now. After the trip we'll try to get back in the swing of things & hopefully by then this stomach thing he has going on will be settled down. Time to get packing in high gear. Did find out we can ship Collin's pedisure down to GKTW. This will be much better than having to check an extra bag. One less thing to worry about on travel day. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to meeting up with the other wish families while we are there. Won't be long now!:yay:

VroomVroomLightning
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I am glad you got them!! My family had theirs out last night sleeping with them too! Even up here in Ohio it is starting to get cold! I hope you all have a wonderful trip and I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!

jenb1023
10-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Love all of the new gifts! Single digits - how exciting!

chrissid7
10-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Congrats on the trip. Im so sorry though that your son has to deal with so much. Your children are beautiful. Im a lil partial to redheads because my daughter 17 is. You all deserve this trip so much. No matter how your plans go, what gets tossed and what gets added, I think Collin will have the best week ever! I will pray that he gets super hero strength for his trip. Cant wait to hear the details. We are going on our Wish Trip in December (at least thats the hopes). Im subscribing to this to hear all the fun! :banana:

JohnsonsLoveDisney
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM

:cool1: Glad they made in there! and it looks like the glue didnt stick very well. :sad2: Sorry bout that!!!

Mickydees
10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow only 4 days till we leave. So much to do and so little time:scared1:
Collins is still doing about the same. He feels good till about 2 in the afternoon. After that he only wants to lay around and rest. Our Neuro thinks we should go ahead with the trip. I get the idea she feels he may not get any better than where he is now. Collins is still getting sick everyday. Just not able to hold anything on his stomach. His GI is going to put in a TP tube Wednesday AM. In theory this should stop him from getting sick since the tube will bypass his stomach altogether. We are really hopping this works so he can enjoy his trip better. Collin received two more "Big Give" gifts this week. (Have I said recently how awesome these people are?) Two of his favorite things: Cars and Pheneas & Ferb. Here are the outfits:
http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/DSCF0089.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/DSCF0090.jpg

Thank you so much to Deann Claude & Shannon Winters. Sorry don't remember who sent which one. They came on the same day and the packages and outfits got mixed up. But thank both of you so much. Collin really loves both of them.

We also met with our MAW volunteers Monday evening. Here are some pics. (sorry if I put up to many)

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0071-1.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0076.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0077.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0087.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0085.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Big%20Give%206/MAW%20party/DSCF0086.jpg

Thank you so much to Cheryl & Faith for the back packs filled with the special goodies. Also thanks for the cupcakes they were great. And the Mickey Balloon bouquet too.

Be praying that the tube placement will go well and this will help with his nausea and sickness. All in all Collin is excited and looking forward to our trip. Thanks for all the positive thoughts and prayers. I'll try to post one more time before we leave to give an update on the tube placement and how his feeds are going.

VroomVroomLightning
10-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I am not here a lot lately because of some family issues we are having. I wanted to tell you all to have a great trip if I don't get back on before you leave! I have email updates set up for Collin's caringbridge site, so I get updates on there! I hope your family has a magical time and enjoys every moment of it to the fullest!

jenb1023
10-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Love the new gifts! Praying that the new tube helps and that Collin feels good for the trip. Have a great time!

cajunfan
10-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Only one more sleep before you haed to the world!

I pray that you all have a wonderful trip and that everything goes well!

HAVE FUN!!!!:banana:

Lynn

Matt1026
10-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

2specialkids
10-09-2009, 01:47 PM
It's here, it's here!!! Yea!! :yay:
Have a wonderful trip!

Mickydees
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Trying to get everything together tonight. As if packing for 5 people is not bad enough, factor in all of Collin's meds & supplies, you really have a fun time. Anyway we are almost there. Hard to believe we're leaving in the morning. Collin's TP tube is doing good. No major throwing up events. The only issue is a rash that developed where the tube is taped on his cheek. Saw his pediatrician today and prescribed some steriods and some topical creme. Hopefully this will clear it up. Otherwise the tube seems to be working for him. Thanks to everyone that has helped make this trip so special. All "Big Gifts" were wonderful. A big thank you to everyone that has sent kind words, positive thoughts and prayers. When we return home there will be plenty of pics and details about our trip. Look out Disney here come the McDaniels with Collin leading the way!:woohoo:

billwendy
10-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I pray you guys have a WONDERFUL TRIP!!!! Take it easy and enjoy what you can!! Are the kids asleep yet, or are they too excited???? :rotfl2::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: :cool1::cool1::cool1:

jessica52877
10-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Have a wonderful trip! I love the little cupcakes! Such simple ideas that are so so cute! Love the two new outfits also! Dallas just asked today for a new Phineas and Ferb shirt! He would love that one!

VroomVroomLightning
10-17-2009, 05:20 PM
I hope you guys had a fun trip!! Can't wait to hear about it all!

wkualum
10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
welcome home guys! It was awesome to meet you all Thursday night. What a great family you are :)

Can't wait to hear more about your trip. What I did hear it sounded great! I hope Collin is still feeling good. He is such a cutie! And your girls are beautiful!

Mickydees
10-19-2009, 09:41 PM
WOW!!!!!!
Does not begin to describe our trip. Everyone we came in contact with went out of their way to make Collins wish the best it could be. Everyone at the village was so wonderful. They made sure we had everything we needed. The kids loved the idea of getting ice cream almost any time day or night. They also thought it was great to order pizza for a bedtime snack. For those of you that have not been to the village yet let me just say everything you have heard is true and words cannot describe how great this place is. This trip was just what Collin (and our entire family) needed. As for the parks: I can't believe we packed in as much as we did. Looking back I wonder how we got in as much as we did. So many people were so helpful in making sure we got the most out of our park visits. As the trip developed we realized the main thing Collin wanted to do was meet characters and get their autographs. So, as you will see from the pictures, that is what we concentrated on. We still made time for his sisters to do some of what they wanted to do also. We are so thankful for the opportunity to bring some magic into Collin's life. It was great to "get away from reality" for awhile. One word of advice: the recommendation to bring an extra bag - do it. We did not because 2 of our suitcases were only half full. As we started packing to return home we wished we had brought that extra bag. We received so much extra stuff we had to fed ex what would not fit in our suitcases. FYI: There is a Fed Ex in the shopping center across from Wal-Mart on Bass Rd. It will just make our trip last a little longer.:thumbsup2
In my next post I'll begin with our Day 1. Hope everyone enjoys our trip and all the pics.

wkualum
10-19-2009, 10:45 PM
We almost packed up some stuff to ship home but we were able to stuff it all into the empty suitcase we brought. What a treat huh? :)

can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

chrissid7
10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
popcorn:: Im so excited I cannot wait for the pics and to hear all obout it! It sounds just magical and Im glad your experience was worth the wait!

Thanks for the Fedex tip! I think we will do that as well

Welcome Home!

Matt1026
10-20-2009, 12:01 PM
You are so right with GKTW. It was incredible!!!! Yes we found the Fed-Ex place too and it was a big help to get our things home. We both arrived on the same day so that worked out well for the boys.

Can not wait until to hear about your trip.

Mickydees
10-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Day 1 begins dark and early. Our flight leaves Atlanta at 9:30 eastern time. This means we have to leave home at 4:45 central time. Some wonderful people from near our hometown in Georgia made it possible for us to get a limo to take us to the airport. The kids were kept in the dark to this little detail. It was a great surprise for them. 4:45 came and no limo:scared1: I try calling the limo service but of course at this time of the morning I only got the voice mail. Panic sets in. Within a few minutes the limo driver calls and says he cannot find our house.:scared1::scared1:panic increases. Fortunately he has only gone past our house by about a mile or so. I get him turned around and back to our driveway. We get loaded up and are on our way. :yay:
We arrive at the airport close to the 2 hour early arrival time. Here is a pic of the limo:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1030.jpg

The girls loved the limo ride.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1005.jpg

We got thru security without a major ordeal. Even had time to eat before we boarded. The kids did great on the flight considering they had never flown before. We landed on time in Orlando. Not sure where to go we find a wonderful TSA agent that gets us to where our GKTW person "should be". Here she is waiting with us

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1069.jpg

The TSA agent locates our GKTW person and gets her to us. It was so cool seeing her holding our welcome sign.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1071.jpg

We get to the rental car and yet another problem. The car was under a different name than mine (Avis McDaniel). Apparently a keying error had put in the name of the car rental agency instead of my first name. We figure I now have my own car rental company. :rotfl2:

We get to the village and everyone was wonderful. We got checked in and taken to our villa.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1082.jpg

After getting settled in I went to orientation while Lisa and the kids explored the village. I think the ice cream parlor was the most popular. After resting for a bit we head out to Disney Boardwalk for our dinner at Kouzzina.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1151.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1155.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1164.jpg

After eating we stroll around the Boardwalk for a while. Saw an interesting performer doing various tricks. We then head back to our villa to get ready for Sea World on Sunday. After some eventful moments getting here we were glad to be at our "home away from home" for the week. If you would like to see some more pics from day 1 follow this link to Lisa's facebook pictures.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=113906&id=748503235&l=d513178b58
That's about it for day 1.

kdzbear
10-20-2009, 01:15 PM
I love the start to your report. Your family seemed to have handled the few speed bumps without too many delays. How was the meal at Kouzzina's? :wizard:

jenb1023
10-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I am so glad to hear you had such a great time! GKTW sounds like such a great place - I would love to volunteer there some time!

Glad to hear Day 1 went well despite the speed bumps and that the girls enjoyed the limo. I would love to know more about Kouzzina especially since you guys were really looking forward to it.

Mickydees
10-21-2009, 09:40 AM
I am so glad to hear you had such a great time! GKTW sounds like such a great place - I would love to volunteer there some time!

Glad to hear Day 1 went well despite the speed bumps and that the girls enjoyed the limo. I would love to know more about Kouzzina especially since you guys were really looking forward to it.

Our meal at Kozzina was great. We have never eaten at Spoodles (which it replaced) so I can't say if it is better or not. The atmosphere was enjoyable. Being a Food Network fan I really enjoyed the open kitchen. We were seated quickly even though we were a little early for our reservations. Our waitress was very friendly. Although she gave a little too much information about the menu. Much of it went over our heads. But it was nice for her take up so much time with us. Here are some pics of the inside and our waitress.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1156.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1175.jpg

We began with an appetizer of Saganaki -Seared Haloumi Cheese with Lemon and Oregano.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1159.jpg

We all found this to be very good. We followed this with our main course. I had the Wood-grilled Flank Steak - with fresh Herb Saltsa and Kouzzina Potatoes. Lisa had the lamb burger with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Capers and Lemon. The lamb burger was a little spicy but to her liking. Angellyn had the oak - fired pork T-bone. It was prepared by our request not so spicy to fit a childs taste. She had the Kouzzina potatoes with it. Each main course was plenty for each of us.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1166.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1165.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1167.jpg

You just can't leave a place like Kouzzina without trying desert. We ordered three different ones so we could all share and each try something different. We had
(1) Baklava
-Traditional Walnut and
Cinnamon Pastry with Pistachio Gelato
(2) Chocolate Budino Cake
Warm Molten Chocolate with Whipped Sweet Cream
(3) Freshly Made Greek Doughnuts drizzled with
Warm Honey.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1173.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1171.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%201/wishtripday1172.jpg

The Baklava and the Cake was served with a thin slice of chocolate. Out of the three the cake was the best. Could be because we all lean towards chocolate when it comes to desert. All in all the dinner was very enjoyable. We were never rushed to place an order and was encouraged to take our time while dinning. Definitely a :thumbsup2. I will also say I found it to be kid friendly. Our two younger children enjoyed it also. I would recommend trying Kouzzina on your next visit.

jessica52877
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM
And your off! :banana::banana::banana: Glad the limo driver wasn't too far past the house! and going through Atlanta was a breeze. We've had some "fun" times there! Just lines, lines and more lines sometimes! I bet the limo surprise was fun for the girls.

I love the detail of your report at Kouzzina. I think this is a place I would be interested in trying after reading about it. The steaks I bet were delicious!!! I love all the pictures to go along with it too and I also prefer chocolate when it comes to dessert.

Your family is so adorable! I think that is the first picture that I have ever seen of you or your wife! So cute!!

I am glad to hear your first day was smooth sailing and fun!

maroo
10-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Great start!!!!

I love the review of Kouzzina! I had heard bad things about it...that I honestly did not quite believe...and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it! :)

kdzbear
10-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you for the pictures and detailed report on Kouzinna's. I would like to try it some time. It looks so good! :wizard:

chrissid7
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
YUMMY!!! that looks great! Glad your trip is going good! Looking forward to the rest! popcorn::

Mickydees
10-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Day 2 we head out to Sea World. This was probably one of our favorite days. It was a more hands on experience than the other parks. As soon as we enter the park we see a character greet with Shamu. We found by going directly to the character's handler and letting them know you are on a wish trip they get you right in for autograph and pictures. We found this pretty much the same at all the parks.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld006.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld010.jpg

After the picture we head over to the dolphin feeding. It was about 30 minutes before the next feeding so we spent a few minutes at the stingrays. After this we then proceeded to get in line for the dolphin feeding. Within about 15 minutes an atttendent came up and brought us around to the exit. We did not have to pay for the dolphin feeding tray and they brought one for each of us 2 or 3 times. We enjoyed the dolphin feeding very much. It was awesome having the dolphins come right up to you to be fed. The kids enjoyed petting and interacting with them.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/dolphinfeedingday1.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/dolphinfeeding2.jpg

After feeding the dolphins we went to the penguin encounter. Mishelle our oldest loves penguins so this was a must see. It was also cool inside the exhibit so we were all in favor of this. As you go through there is a moving walkway that takes you past the penguins. However since Collin was in his wheel chair we went up the ramp to the other viewing area. This is a better view because you are looking down and can take your time. We then proceeded to our first show. The Blue Horizions show was beautiful. The dolphins in with the aerial show was outstanding. This show is certainly worth seeing. Here are two of the performers behind Collin.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld065.jpg

After this show we went to the Jewel of the Sea exhibit. This was very interesting seeing the vast variety of sea creatures. After a little while in here it was time for the Believe show. This is the best of the shows we saw at Sea World. The story that is told through the show really hit a special place with us in dealing with Collin. While waiting for the show to begin we met a wonderful attendent named Bill.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld127.jpg

He really took up a lot of time with us, especially Collin. After giving him a little background of Collin he came back with the wood carved believe necklace. This was so sweet of him. The Believe show should definitely not be missed.

Next we walked through the Halloween Spooktacular trick or treat. The area was decorated for the season. Almost more of a fall atmosphere than halloween. It was not scary at all. There were several candy locations. Probably just as many as MNSSHP if not more. There were also some booths that offered a healthy snack alternative. There was also a fun maze to walk through featuring the Sesame Street characters.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld141.jpg

After this we decided to split up as Lisa, Mishelle and Angellyn wanted to ride some roller coasters. They went and rode Manta and Kracken. I took Collin around the smaller kids play area. Unfortunately he was not in a ridding mood so we walked and looked for a while. Made a few more candy stops and saw the Clydesdale Horses. These are amazing looking animals. We did stumble upon another character greet. It was Pirate Shamu.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld142.jpg

As we were walking around to meet up with Lisa and the girls we happend upon the #48 car on display. This of course excited Collin. And yes here is a picture.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld143.jpg

We now went to the Clyde and Seamore show. This was our least favorite show. Not bad but not our favorite. It was typical theme park slapstick comedy. We enjoyed the pre show more than the show itself. There is a pirate mime down front as people are finding their seats. He sort of makes fun of them as they are walking in and hides behind a corner and surprises them. Once as a couple was walking in the mime took the woman and seated her in a different section than the man. When she tried to get up and join him the mime made her sit back down. He also played with kids before the show started. He was very funny and had the crowd laughing.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld147.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld145.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/WishTripday2SeaWorld144.jpg

On our way out we stopped by the sea lions that were in the show. It is interesting to see how these animals can be trained.

We then headed back to the village "our home away from home" had dinner and got some rest.
Here is the link to Lisa's facebook photos if you would like to see some additional pics.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114171&id=748503235&l=1408709d72

kdzbear
10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
I love your Sea World updates! You had some great interactions and pictures. I love that they had trick or treating while you were there. Colin looks so happy in the pictures! :wizard:

jessica52877
10-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Sea World is one of my favorites! It looks like you'll enjoyed the day! My favorite picture is the of Collin with Bill! He looks like a wonderful person!! The little decorated area also looked like fun. LOVE all the pictures!! I bet the girls enjoyed the coasters too.

chrissid7
10-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Wow what a great day that was! I love the pics and he looked like he was having a great time. I was on the fence with how much time to plan at seaworld but now I know it has to be longer.

Cant wait for the rest of your adventure! :banana:

jenb1023
10-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Love the Kouzzina report and the Sea World update! We have never been to Sea World and I would definitely like to go there one of these days. I would love feeding the dolphins!

maroo
10-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow!

I am so glad you guys enjoyed Sea World!

I am glad you guys loved feeding the dolphins! :)

Mickydees
10-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Today begins with character photos at GKTW. Outside the photo area we see Mary Poppins. She played her part very well even had the English accent. Also we saw Goofy and Pluto. The characters took up a lot of time with all the kids.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/OutsideDisney23.jpg

We then went inside to meet Mickey & Minnie. There were quite a few families to get in but they worked thru the line quickly. Both characters took up a lot of time with all of us. It was almost like being in a show with them.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/MickeyMinnie110.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/MickeyMinnie108.jpg

Collin brought his stuffed Mickey Mouse he got from GKTW. Someone looked at his Mickey Mouse and told Collin Mickey would sign his feet. Collin looked down at his own feet and said he's gonna sign my feet? Everyone cracked up at him.

Here is Mickey with his signed feet :)

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/DSCF1002.jpg

After the pictures we head out for Epcot.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Wishtripday3-Epcot004.jpg+

Our first ride was Soarin. This is probably one of our top rides. My family thinks this is odd for me because I do not like roller coasters but enjoy Soarin very much. It is so realistic you really feel like your are in a hang glider over California. Collin did ok with it. He takes after his dad and does not care much for the more intense rides. The only bad thing about soarin is it is a little complicated to get to with a wheel chair. They have one small elavator for handicap access. It took a good while to wait on the elevator and get to the ride. However once there we were put thru the fast pass line and got on fairly quick. We then did the Nemo ride to settle Collin down a little bit. We did Living with the Land. This is always an interesting ride if you are into nature at all. We found an inside character greeting. The lines were very full. We went to one of the handlers and they got us right in with the first character. The handler took us to each location and got us right in for pictures. We met Mickey, Minnie, Pulto, Donald and Goofy. Sorry I don't have any of these pics as we just did photo pass and have not recieved our disk yet. One problem we did encounter when looking over the photo pass pics at the end of the day there was a different family in the Minnie photos. Photo Pass people tried to research but could never find our photos with Minnie. We did get some later in the week with her though. Angellyn got to feeling bad around this time of the day. We went to Innoventions to cool off some. Made our own video game and Lisa and Collin went thru some of the other activies.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Wishtripday3-Epcot049.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Wishtripday3-Epcot047.jpg

I sat with Angellyn as she did not feel like doing anything right then. We then took advantage of the Siemens VIP lounge for wish families. We really felt important and were treated wonderful while there. Got something to drink and just rested for a little while.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Wishtripday3-Epcot057.jpg

They have a magic mirror that is really fun to interact with. When we got ready to leave we were escorted to a special entrance for the Spaceship Earth ride. Not one of Collin's favorite rides as he does not like the dark.

We then had a quick lunch and went to Test Track. We all rode it together. A very exhilarating ride. We told Collin this was something like ridding with Jimmie Johnson. He liked it so - so but did not want to ride again. The ride cast members gave us the opportunity to ride again. Mishelle and Angellyn rode again as Lisa and I took Collin on out.

Next Mishelle, Angelly & Myself went on Mission Space. Beleive it or not we went on the Orange (more intense) side. Our first time doing this ride and enjoyed it very much.

We never got around to the World Showcase. Decided to avoid the F&W crowd. By this time we were ready to call it a day. We did ride the Monorail just for the fun of it. We rode to the Ticketing area and back to Epcot. We then headed back to the Villiage ordered pizza and got some rest. A good day for all of us.

Here are some more day 3 pics from facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114481&id=748503235&l=4460cc5dd7

jenb1023
10-24-2009, 06:49 AM
Sounds like a great day! We love Soarin! I hope Angellyn felt better the next day!

2specialkids
10-24-2009, 12:08 PM
You all look like you had a wonderful time! I'm so glad...all these great photos are really wonderful for your family and great for us getting ready to go. They "up" the excitement!:rotfl: Keep on posting 'em...we're excited to see more. popcorn::

Mickydees
10-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Today is going to be a very long day. We have tickets to MNSSHP tonight. We spend most of the day exploring the village. We being with meeting Spongebob.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH002.jpg

After that it's ice cream for breakfast. (One of the rules to eat ice cream for breakfast at least once during visit)

Next we head over to the playground.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH086.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH076.jpg

Mid day and starting to get hot so we head over to the Castle of Miracles. Here we are amazed at all of the stars on the ceiling representing all of the wish kids that have stayed there.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH137.jpg

Here Collin makes his star.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH104.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/IMG_0216.jpg

Collin and the girls also get to make their pillows.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH121.jpg

The volunteers in the Castle of Miracles are wonderful. They made us fee so special. They took up a lot of time with us and made sure we enjoyed our visit in the Castle.

When we finished there we went over to the Amberville Train Station. The model trains are really neat. Tried the boats (none of us every really got the hang of it). Then played some of the games. Had a late lunch and tried to get a little rest before going to MNSSHP. I'll put that trip report in the next post.

Note: some of these pictures don't look right when I preview them, hopefully they'll come out right once posted. If not here is a link to Day 4 pictures on Lisa's Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114811&id=748503235&l=b88efe7e58

kdzbear
10-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Collin looks so happy in all of the pictures. I snuck a peak at the FB photos. Wow! You guys really captured GKTW. The kids looked like they enjoyed their relaxing morning! :yay:

Mickydees
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
We get to MK around 4:30. We were able to get in with no problem.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH186.jpg

I don't have a lot of pictures to post here as we took advantage of Photopass and do not have the disk yet. I've got a few that I was able to snag off our video camera. Most are too dark to use as pictures. There are a few that will work. Here is how the kids dressed.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH187.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH188.jpg

Mishelle dressed as Sally in Nightmare before Christmas. Angelly was a hippie. Collin did not really want to dress up so he wore his Jimmie Johnson outfit from the Big Give and we sprayed his hair black. (side note: Colored hairspray does not do so well in the rain) Mishelle got several comments about her outfit and even picture requests. She did a great job of looking like the character.

Got our wrist bands and head to Adventureland. We see Lilo and Stich for pictures and autographs.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH202.jpg

We first ride Alladians Magic Carpets. We then go and do one of the family favorites - The Tiki Room. The cast member made sure we had good seating. We then head to the wish lounge as it closed at 7. Took a little break and got some bottled water. For future wish trippers be sure to take advantage of this. Then it was off to Pirates of the Caribean. The girls loved it but Collin did not enjoy it very much. He does not like dark rides. We had a small flashlight but he was still ready to get off. After leaving this area we come upon Cinderella's Carriage. We are able to get a picture with photpass. We then head to Fantasy Land for Dumbo and the Teacups. We then head over to Tomorrowland for the speedway. Had to get in one race anyway. We then go and do one of the other family favorites - It's a small world. Everyone is now getting hungry so we stop to eat at Cosmic Ray's. Just to let you know there are still kind people at Disney - a couple had a meal left on their dinning plan they are not going to use and they offer it to us. We were very touched by their kindness. Rested for a while and enjoyed the entertainment. We then head over to watch the fireworks. On our way we see Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee and get pictures and autographs. Only took in a little of the fireworks as Collin did not like the loud noise. We then head back towards Fantasyland. There we find some more characters to get pictures with. We find Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs, White Rabbit & Queen of Hearts and Tiger & Piglet.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/snowwhite.jpg

It seemed Collin enjoyed meeting the characters as much as anything else. We now head to watch the parade. While waiting we are able to see the Villians stage show. We are in a good spot for the parade and even get to video the Headless Horseman do his pre-parade ride.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/WishTripDay4GKTWMNSSH326.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/headlesshorseman.jpg

After the parade we head over to Toontown to meet more characters. Here we meet Mickey, Minnie, Tinkerbell and two of her friends Rosetta and Silvermist.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/toontownmickey.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Tinkerbell.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Silvermist.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Rosetta.jpg

Tinekerbell, Rosetta & Silvermist were great. They were so into character. They took up a lot of time with all of the kids. The castmembers were very helpful in getting us in to see these characters.

We did some candy stops throughout the night. Not greatly impressed with the candy but the kids enjoyed it. It was now getting close to park closing and we had promised Mishelle she could do Haunted Mansion. So just before midnight (how appropriate) her and Lisa go to ride it and I start toward the front with Collin and Angellyn. Collin was really worn out by the time we left but he held up the whole night. MNSSHP was quiet an experience. Don't know if we would do it again but for our situation it was a less expensive way to to get an extra park day. We got in a good 8 hours so we got our monies worth. Now that we were all exhausted we go back to the village for a much needed nights rest.

Here are some more pictures on Lisa's facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=114946&id=748503235&l=dc69a08344

jessica52877
10-26-2009, 11:16 PM
I've really enjoyed looking through the facebook photos too! I love how nice give kids the world is. Your pictures really show everything! I hadn't see so much of it. The playground is a dream come true I am sure for the wish kids!

I love the costumes! Everyone looked cute. That was a great Sally costume! And Collin's worked out perfectly! Not real costume-y yet good for MNSSHP!

kdzbear
10-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Great MNSSHP report. I am so glad Collin got to meet Snow White with all 7 dwarves. It looks like you all fit a lot into the evening. Your daughter's Sally costume is amazing! Now I am going to sneak a peek at your extra FB photos! :banana:

maroo
10-27-2009, 09:36 AM
I am loving your report!!

What a great idea to get Mickey and Minnie to sign your stuffed animal! Great idea!

Looks like you guys did MNSSHP perfectly! You got to see lots of things.

Your picture of the headless horseman is the best I have ever seen! :thumbsup2

I love your costumes, too!

Mickydees
10-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Here is a video of the Headless Horseman that rides out before the MNSSHP parade. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55hKCvDWp3I

Mickydees
10-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Everyone seemed to recover from MNSSHP. We call for the breakfast cart to come by and get ready for DHS. As we enter the park we head straight for Toy Story Mania. We get on the ride fairly quick as they take us to a special handicap loading area. Lisa and Collin ride together, I ride with Angellyn and Mishelle gets in a car alone. This is really a fun ride. Much more interactive than Buzz Lightyear. I must admit Lisa comes out with the best scores. It is very close the Wii video game. After this I take Collin to see Playhouse Disney. Lisa and the girls do Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. While Collin and I were around Playhouse Disney we get pictures and autographs with Jojo and Goliath.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios028.jpg

We also find Little Einsteins for autographs and pictures. As our search continued for characters we found Lightning McQueen and Mater. We later walked up on "The Green Army Man". And yes that is how he signs the autographs. Thought that was pretty neat. He did not talk but still interacted with the kids very well.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios035.jpg

I took the girls to ride Star Wars (probably my favorite) while Lisa and Collin watched the Block Party Bash. Collin got to interact with some of the characters in the parade. He thought it was neat they called him by name. Another neat part of the GKTW button.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios058.jpg

Next we head to Prime Time 50's for lunch. We did not have ADR but thought we would give it a try. Had to wait about 45 minutes. Wasn't too bad, we sat in the living room watching TV. We did get into a little trouble at the dinner table though. Guess we were already getting tired and had to reminded Mama does not allow elbows on the table. And the the kids had to be reminded to set the table. Guess they were thinking they were on vacation or something.:rotfl:

Next we get pictures with Mike and Sully. The cast members were great about getting us right in without having to wait. We then find an interactive with Woody & Buzz Lightyear. They took up a lot of time with Collin.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios101.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios095.jpg

We ride Toy Story Mania again. And yes Lisa still beats us all. I take the girls to see Prince Caspian while Lisa takes Collin back to Playhouse Disney area for more characters.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/girlswithprincecaspian.jpg

This turned out to be a marathon character greeting. Found Handy Manny outside Playhouse Disney. Then we went inside the animation studio and a wonderful cast member took us around to several characters there. Her name was Angellica our Disney Angel.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios133.jpg

Here is the list of characters we saw:
Handy Manny
Sorcerer Mickey
The Incredibles
The evil queen
Pinocchio
Cast from Up
Mary Poppins & a penguin
Chip and Dale

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios113.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios115.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios121.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios141.jpg

More character pictures are at Lisa's Facebook pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115729&id=748503235&l=2942832385

The girls went to ride Rock N Roller Coaster again and then headed to Downtown Disney for ADR at T-Rex.

We got to T-Rex about 45 minutes before our ADR. Unfortunately they will not check you in until 15 minutes before. So we walked over to Lego land for a few minutes.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios207.jpg

We then head back to T-Rex.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios187.jpg

We get checked in and seated. It is quiet an experience. Somewhat similar to Rainforest Cafe but with a prehistoric theme.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios226.jpg

Collin enjoyed the restuarnt atmosphere for the most part. About every 20 minutes it gets a little dark and more noisy. But he did not mind too bad. We started out with Dexter's Dual Dip - Combination of shrimp and artichoke dip and spinach and pepper jack queso served with tortilla chips. Four main course I had a T-Bone (forget the menu name) topped with a stak butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Lisa had Triceratop Filet - Charbroiled center cut aged tenderloin filet, topped with a stak butter and served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Mishelle had Mega Mes-O-Bones - Tender, slow-roasted St.Louis Ribs, basted with BBQ sauce. And Angellyn had Tar Pit Fried Shrimp. We each had more than enough. And of course we had to try their special desert. We ordered the Chocolate Extinction - A gigantic portion of chocolate fudge cake served with ice cream, fresh whipped cream drizzled with fudge and caramel sauces and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs. The menu says "Enough for two or more". The five of us could not eat it all.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/WishTripDay5-HOllywoodStudios241.jpg

More pictures from the day including T-Rex on Lisa's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115729&id=748503235&l=2942832385

We looked around Downtown Disney for a while and then headed back to the Village. Quite a day of meeting characters.

kdzbear
10-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Great updates. We like to eat at the T-Rex in KC. It has a fun atmosphere. I am glad Collin had some great character interaction time at Disney Studios! :woohoo:

jessica52877
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Trex looks delicious! I am glad Collin enjoyed all the characters! Looks like you hit a gold mine inside the animation place.

billwendy
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Woo Hoo - what a trip you guys had!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that the Jimmie Johnson outfit came in handy for MNSSHP!!!! COOOLLLLL!!!!!! Thanks for wearing it Col!!!!!:thumbsup2

chrissid7
10-27-2009, 11:22 PM
ok so now T-Rex is on our must do list! Great pix and what fun! :thumbsup2So glad it was a good day!

maroo
10-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Yummy update! :)

Love 50's and I love the big dessert!

Lots of characters - fantastic!

I love that you got to ride Toy Story twice! :)

The Green Army Man - How cute.

And I enjoyed your MNSSHP video, too! :thumbsup2

Mickydees
10-28-2009, 02:23 PM
This has been such an amazing trip. As I relive it in writing the trip report it brings back a flood of memories. We are so thankful for the privilege we had to do this for Collin. It will be a memory for him to cherish for the rest of his life. Day 6 in some ways comes too fast. We have done so many things that we would not have been able to do on our own. It was with a bit of sadness to get up on this day realizing this would be our last night at the Village. It is a jam packed day as we will go to AK, MK and get to enjoy Winter Wonderland in the evening. We begin with a quick breakfast and head out to Animal Kingdom. As we enter the park we see Meeko and Brer Rabbit.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK006.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK011.jpg

We head toward the Nemo show. On our way we stop at one of the trail character greetings to see Winnie the Phoo, Tigger and Eyore.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK014.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK022.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK017.jpg

After pictures and autographs we get to the Nemo show just in time. We are seated in the upper wheel chair area. Collin had to set on our laps for a good view. This is a wonderful show. I highly recommend seeing it. After the show Lisa and Mishelle ride Everest. I try to find a cool place with Collin and Angellyn to wait. Next I take Mishelle and Angellyn to ride Kali River Rapids. We did get a little wet which felt good as temps were already approaching 90.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK042.jpg

This was pretty much all we wanted to do in AK. As we exit the park we see Rafiki.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK058.jpg

We then load up and go to MK to catch what we missed on our MNSSHP night. Upon entering the park we meet the Mayor of Mainstreet. Quite an interesting fellow.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/WishTripDay6-AKMK062.jpg

You can't really tell from the pictures but we had on our Big Give shirts that said McDaniel family. His honor got a bit confused though - kept talking about our restaurant and the cheeseburgers. Told him that was our cousins. It was good enough he sent us on our way.

We then proceeded to ride Dumbo again (one of Collin's favorites of the trip). Next it was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Phoo. We then stopped for lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus. It was good for a counter service. After eating we did Buzz Lightyear, rode the Teacups and the Carousel.

Asked the kids if there was anything else they wanted to do at the parks. Explained this was our last day at Disney so if there was anything they wanted to do now was the time. Everyone seemed to be content with Disney so we started out and got one last photo pass picture on Main Street with the Castle in the background. For the time we had we did most of what we wanted to do at Disney. We now start back to the Village to get ready for Winter Wonderland.

Upon arriving at the Villiage we go to the Castle of Miracles to see Collin's star now on the ceiling. Guess this makes us an official member of a club we never thought we would be part of.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome006.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome003.jpg

Ate dinner at the Gingerbread House. Throughout the week it was such a relief not having to worry about our meals. The volunteers do such a great job at Gingerbread House (and the entire villiage). They all seemed to be genuinely caring and making sure we had everything we needed. The Thursday night meal is a Christmas dinner complete with turkey and dressing (that's what we call it in the south - not stuffing).

After dinner we get in line to meet Santa. We finally get to meet another wish family we got to know here on the Disboards. Shari and her beautiful daughter Mikaela.

Here is a group picture

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome015.jpg

It was great meeting and spending some time with them. Mikaela is so sweet.

If I may interject my personal commentary. Being at the village we are surrounded by people that really do understand what our life is like. Everyone there can relate to each other. Instead of being in a world where people have no idea of the day to day struggles; we are in a place when people can say I know how you feel and they do. Notwithstanding all the parks and activities of the trip this one aspect stands out as something special. Sorry for the soapbox moment - just felt it had to be said. We get in to see Santa, get our pictures and the kids pick out their presents.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome026.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome028.jpg

Unfortuately we miss much of the Winter Wonderland Parade. We do get out in time to see some of the snow. Collin makes a new friend with Brooklyn. Another wish family we got to know.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome031.jpg http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome023.jpg

Here's Collin working on his cookie decorating skills during the night.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss214/collinsquest/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%202/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%203/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%204/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%205/Make%20a%20wish%20trip%20Day%206/GKTWChristmasUniversalIOAhome010.jpg

We had so much fun. It truly was like Christmas!:santa: After another stop by the ice cream parlor it is time to head back to the villa and begin the packing up process. I mentioned this earlier but in case anyone missed it - Bring an extra bag for all the goodies you get at the village. We did not and had to ship a box home. There is a Fed Ex in the shopping center across from Wal-Mart on Bass Rd. Tomorrow we check out, go to US & IOA and head home. What a magical experience we have had:wizard:

Here are Lisa's Facebook pictues from day 6:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115734&id=748503235&l=82f461cfdc
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115752&id=748503235&l=a30d66c4f3

TaylorsLoveDisney
08-16-2010, 09:52 AM
We started trying to nail down our plans for Collins trip. We were undecided about MNSSHP. We are not really halloween people so not sure if Collin would enjoy. Collin is not really into the scary stuff either. But after much debate we told our MAW volunteer to try to book that for 10/13. If nothing else it will be like an extra 1/2 day at MK. We also asked to have Collin do the pirate makeover. Ever sense he saw it he has wanted to do it. We are going to try to get it just after 4pm on 10/13 hoping we can get in for the party at 4. Still trying to get everything else planed out. Trying for reservations at Cat Cora's new restaurant on Boardwalk for the day we arrive. The flight we want gets in around noon so should give us plenty of time to get checked in at GKTW and spend some time there then go to Boardwalk for dinner. We are also wanting to eat at T-Rex sometime during the week. Now trying to figure out how to work in all 4 parks in the 3 days. Thinking of doing 1 day at MK, 1 day at DHS, and do AK in AM & Epcot in afternoon. MNSSHP will give us some extra time to get in anything we miss at MK. Just hoping the crowds want be to bad as we will be there during Columbus Day weekend. Our plan is to wait till Tuesday to do DW & hit Sea World and Universal Sunday & Monday. All this is still in the planning stage so any opinions would be appreciated.

Collin has had a pretty good week. Any time he is up walking and playing is a good week:banana:

Our MAW volunteer said she hoped to have the flight and other reservations finalized by Aug. 10th. Guess we'll know more then if everything falls into place.

We are praying for all the other families that dealing with their tough times. Praying that God will give comfort and peace.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.:yay:
Hello!! i am reading along!! congrats on the Wish Trip!! I am from a family of red heads too!! colin looks JUST like my brother when he was a kid!! adorable

just an FYI.. i was reading another trip report where a family was granted a wish and MAW made a reservation for them at the Pirate makeover Place.. then when they got to the end they were required to pay cash.. they didn't realize that they had to pay for it ( thought MAW did ) just a heads up.. i would want to know if i had to alot a couple hundred for that experience

have a magical time!!

fanlynne
01-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Mickydees,hi,i am the new here.You are great,i've checked out your website and read on your guest book,that's great.....:flower3::flower3:

jkread
01-09-2014, 02:11 PM
I love all the pictures! thanks for sharing!