PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quick Service

disneyphile19
07-12-2009, 01:42 PM
I would like to know what everyone's favorite QS meal in WDW is and why.

Pakey
07-12-2009, 01:54 PM
I would like to know what everyone's favorite QS meal in WDW is and why.

Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco at Epcot. I like the chicken platter. The food is good, not your typical counter service meal, it's equivalent to a table service quality. I like the variety that comes on the plate; it's a good sized meal with several components. I also like the fact that it's not high on the public's radar and it's easy to get a seat to eat here.

Planogirl
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I have two: Kringla in Norway at Epcot because of my own Norwegian heritage and because the food is yummy and Columbia Harbour House in MK because of the wonderful tuna sandwich (other food is good too!) and the nice atmosphere.

Haley
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I think mine is Pecos Bills at MK- I love their grilled burgers, toppings bar with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Plus they have cheese sauce that I put on the fries-- so good.

I also really like Wolfgang Puck's Express, Casey's Corner, Flame Tree BBQ and Pizza Planet- those are all must eats for us on every trip.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I actually have three favorite counter service meals.

At Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney Marketplace I always order The All American (without the Cranberries) and on the side I order their Tomato Soup.

At the Contempo Cafe in Disney's Contemporary Resort I enjoy the Chicken Ceasar Salad, with the dressing already inside it. Unlike other counter service locations their salads are made fresh each time you order them, so they are not pre-packaged and sitting in a fridge.

At Gasparilla's Grill & Games in Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, my favorite thing to order is the Southwestern Chicken Sandwich. The only thing I don't have on it is the Coleslaw, so I get that on the side.

mom of princessx2
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
Absolute favorite would be Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. Huge variety and great quality. They have everything from Pastas and salads to sandwiches and chicken and even Pizza. We usually eat there just once per visit but DH would go daily if possible.

never_enough_pooh
07-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Another vote for Pecos Bills and Wolfgang Puck Express.

Pecos Bills: I love the fixings bar and cheese sauce!

Wolfgang: As pp stated: Such a HUGE variety of choices. It's hard to believe some of the choices are "Counter Service"!

MickeyNicki
07-13-2009, 09:19 AM
DH loves Cosmic Rays, I think it is just because of the cheese sauce :lmao: and the food court at POFQ for the taco salad

I love CHH tuna sandwich and chicken BLT salad and Capt Cooks for the veggie lo mein

JMD
07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Tangierine Cafe in Morrocco at Epcot. I like the chicken platter. The food is good, not your typical counter service meal, it's equivalent to a table service quality. I like the variety that comes on the plate; it's a good sized meal with several components. I also like the fact that it's not high on the public's radar and it's easy to get a seat to eat here.

Tangierine Cafe is my favorite as well. Flame tree is a close second.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
07-13-2009, 12:51 PM
DH loves Cosmic Rays, I think it is just because of the cheese sauce :lmao:I always liked Cosmic Ray's and in August 2008 I found out about the cheese sauce and now I like going even a lot more because of that. :lmao:

BabyTigger99
07-13-2009, 01:39 PM
We were big fans of Earl of Sandwich and Flame Tree BBQ on our last trip.

vdoucet78
07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD is our favorite. Our favorite park CS was tied between Flame Tree in AK and Cosmic Ray's in MK.

summerlady
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Meatball pizza and creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD, ribs at Flame Tree in AK, burgers at Pecos Bill in MK, and the food court at POFQ for the muffelettas and beignets.

ladcraig
07-13-2009, 02:05 PM
another vote for Pecos Bill! It was closed on our last trip and we were not happy campers. :)

cmurray234
07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
I like Columbia Harbour House at MK. It's not your typical fast food fare. The tuna is really yummy. The Tangeriene Cafe is also good.

jen2207
07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
CHH Chowder is so yummy!! And I do not like chowder! :lmao:

Stephanie84
07-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Magic Kingdom:

Cosmic Rays-- It has a great variety for everyine in your party. I believe it's air conditioned too(???) It's always a nice relief from the heat and bright bright Florida sun that we Upstate New Yorkers aren't used to. If you're sick of burgers get the ribs or chicken (or the combo, it's a great deal). You won't be sorry.

EPCOT:

Cantina de San Angel-- The table service in Mexico is really not that good. But we were shocked at how great the QS was! I haven't tried all the QS's in EPCOT so I can't say it's the best, but I do know that it was a great lunch, and the best of any of the EPCOT qickies I've been to.

Hollywood Studios:

I really don't like any of the QS especially. They are all just ok in my book. I do know that the worst is the ABC Commisary. Don't be fooled by the air conditioning... it's not worth it! RUN AWAY!

Animal Kingdom:

Flame Tree! Yummo. The QS at Yak & Yeti is ok. If I had to pick one though it would definitly be Flame Tree.

Downtown Disney:

Wolfgang Puck Express. Very good food. ALways leave satisfied and we've never had a complaint. Earl Of Sandwich is really good too. :)

chocovrdmicears
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
MK: Cosmic Rays (decent burger with yummy toppings)
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (lots of fresh & yummy non-traditional CS offerings) & Tangierine Cafe (love the chicken and lamb schwarma platter)
DHS: Nothing:sad2:
AK: Flame Tree (ribs!) & Pizzafari (hot italian sandwich)
DTD: WPE (everything!) & Earl of Sandwich (BBQ Hawaiian sandwich)

bellebuzzntink
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
While I really loved the food at the Tangierine Cafe, it doesn't get my vote because the wait was way too long.

My favorite has to be Kringla in Norway - good food, always yummy deserts, and I love the quiet patio. We always make it a point to stop there.

lnh'smom
07-13-2009, 08:44 PM
We love Columbia Harbour House! It's got awesome food. It's always quiet when we've been there and there has never been a really long line or hard to find a table. :cloud9:

kxs401
07-14-2009, 04:16 AM
This is fairly off topic, but I juuuust figured out why Tangierine Cafe is spelled like that. :headache: :confused3 :lmao:

daisygirl902
07-14-2009, 05:13 AM
1. Tangierine Cafe (Mixed Chicken and Lamb Schwarma is so good)
2. Flametree BBQ (mmmmm ribs and cornbread)
3. Earl of Sandwich (everything I have tried is to die for!)

Disney_Mama
07-14-2009, 05:41 AM
Seasons Food Court in Epcot..... I love the variety and the strawberry short cake is to die for:thumbsup2

TiggerCL
07-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Another vote for Pecos Bill's. I love their Chicken Wrap - the sauce on it is a favorite! A similar wrap is served at Typhoon Tilly's, too.

lnh'smom
07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
This is fairly off topic, but I juuuust figured out why Tangierine Cafe is spelled like that. :headache: :confused3 :lmao:

Ok, call my crazy but I still don't get it :confused3

redrosesix
07-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Flame Tree BBQ in AK -- I love the pulled pork sandwich (something not usually found on menus here, and they do it the way I like it -- not too greasy) But we mostly like eating there because of the seating areas: always plentiful, great atmosphere, and nice eating outside even when it's raining.

kxs401
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Ok, call my crazy but I still don't get it :confused3
After Tangier, a city in Morocco. I kept wondering why they were spelling "tangerine" wrong... then I figured it out (um, two and a half years after first eating there, for the record). I'm so excited to know this now!

photomama
07-14-2009, 09:33 AM
1. Tangierine Cafe (Mixed Chicken and Lamb Schwarma is so good)
2. Flametree BBQ (mmmmm ribs and cornbread)
3. Earl of Sandwich (everything I have tried is to die for!)

yep, this would be my top 3 too!!:goodvibes

teach22180
07-14-2009, 09:36 AM
My favorite has to be Kringla in Norway - good food, always yummy deserts, and I love the quiet patio. We always make it a point to stop there.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone about the lovely patio in Norway! I love that place!

I didn't make it to my usual favorite in Morocco this year, so I would say I enjoyed the pizza places more than I expected, both Pizza Planet in HS and Pizzafari in AK. Honestly, I went into both of them just wanting the a/c, but I really liked getting some salad with my meal. And, WPE lived up to the very high expectations I had going there! Yummy macaroni and cheese, again with a salad, and great desserts! What more can a person want...

RinkyTinkyTinky
07-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Our favorite was Wolfgang's in DTD. We just couldn't believe that it was counter service. I really thought it was a mistake. The food was excellent.

We tried Tangierine Cafe b/c so many people on here raved about it, but we all thought it was the worst thing we had at Disney. It was the only meal that I hated out of about 25 that we had and I am not a picky eater and I enjoy ethnic foods. I really thought it was nearly unedible. That just goes to show you how different people's tastes are, so just try something that sounds good for yourself and see what you like!popcorn:: But if you want the most bang for your dining credit (if on the DDP), then Wolfgang's is your best bet.

TiffinyKC
07-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Another vote for WPE in downtown disney.

We go there every trip and have never been disappointed with any aspect of it. Everything is good there.

panders77
07-14-2009, 03:07 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Flame tree BBQ. Awesome food and I like that there seemed to be plenty of shady seating behind it.

BadgerBruce
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Hard to pick only one, but I'll go with Boardwalk Bakery.

We love the the turkey, bacon & swiss sandwich. Comes on a multi-grain bun with a bag of chips. It's huge & delicious! We finish it off with a piece of cake--either chocolate or carrot. It's a big meal, which we always share.

mmtska
07-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Definitely a fan of Earl of Sandwich here! I had the original and broccoli and cheese soup and it was SO good. DH couldn't stop talking about it either. He could probably live off of their tomato soup :) I made my dad promise to try it since he's at a conference near DTD