PDA

View Full Version : 50s Primetime or Cape May Cafe - Dinner

jen42002
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I am looking at both of these for our Hollywood Studios day. If given a choice, which one would you go to and why? We have two adults and 4, 7-year olds.

Thanks everyone!

Planogirl
07-12-2009, 01:58 PM
I would personally go to Cape May but it's mostly because I like the food at Cape May better than the food at 50's Primetime (personal preference) and I love the chance to get away from the parks for a bit. I feel more rested when we escape to a resort for a while and this area is nice anyway.

We usually ended up at Beaches and Cream which is close by but Cape May was good when we tried it.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
I would go with 50's Prime Time Cafe because in my opinion they have a great theme, atmosphere, and their food tastes great.

Pakey
07-12-2009, 02:01 PM
I would pick 50's PTC because I like the food better but everyone else in my family would pick Cape May.

Pete W.
07-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I think you should base your decision on your itinerary, not by the menu. If you were talking about lunch because you were planning to take an afternoon break from the park, I'd maybe give the nod to Cape May cafe. But if you are going to be touring the park both before and after dinner, why add another 20 minutes on either side of dinner for commuting to/from the Beach Club?

Plus, if you're visiting during a busy time of year, you'll get a great deal of satisfaction by walking up to the Prime Time Cafe and getting seated for dinner after a short wait while those poor souls who don't have ADRs will be turned away or told there's availability after 8pm.

mullysisters
07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
We love Cape May. So much to choose from, lovely cast members. The decor is very nice.
The food is mostly quite fresh although we have occasionally had certain dishes "run low" and not been re-filled right away. There are alot of high fat selections, fried and buttery choices, so be forewarned !
(but we're on holidays right?):yay:
I've stopped having a beer with dinner because there are so many dishes to try, and a pint just fills me up. We wouldn't miss it.

danielle782001
07-12-2009, 05:11 PM
We just ate at 50s a few days ago and loved it...We haven't been since our honeymoon in 2001 and we wondered why we did not go back sooner...We love the fun atmosphere and the simple food...We both had the fried chicken and it was yummy!

We went to Cape May for dinner last year and we did not care for it...In general we do not love buffet food at dinner time so that could be why we feel the way we do...We really enjoy the breakfast there but the dinner was just okay and the atmosphere was a bit dull for us.

chell
07-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Cape May is my pick. We loved the food. My husband loved everything he ate. I'm not a seafood eater and found plenty to love. The baked chicken was awesome. I won't eat at 50's Primetime because I don't like that type of atmosphere. I want it peaceful when I eat.

MickeyNicki
07-13-2009, 09:18 AM
We love both but would have to go to CMC because DH loves the littlenecks and the ribs are excellent