PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Seasons: Have You Ate There?

nrsldy
07-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I was watching TV last night and there was a show on amusement park food. Featured for disney was Sunshine Seasons. What is the food like? Did you like the food? It looked good on TV. I did not know about this place.
Thanks for any info.

TheRustyScupper
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
What is the food like?
. . . several areas to get chicken, asian, pasta, dessert

Did you like the food?
. . . good, solid comfort food
. . . quite tasty for fast food
. . . probably best fast food in Epcot

summerlady
07-12-2009, 11:48 AM
We had lunch there in May...food is very good, although it's a REALLY busy place, we managed to find a table easily. Had the black forest ham and salami grinder, turkey and muenster on foccacia, and the kids sub (which seemed rather blah to me but DGD liked it very much). Key lime pie (so-so) and strawberry shortcake (HUGE and yummy) for desserts. There are many other options but since it was a hot day and we had eaten a large breakfast, we opted for the "lighter" meals.

quirty30
07-12-2009, 12:34 PM
I liked the rotisserie pork chop so much, we returned a few days later and ate here again. Very nice quality and variety for counter service. And a whole glass case of really yummy desserts.

PoohsFan1
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
We love Sunshine Seasons. We have to eat there at least once on a trip. Our favorites are the cold cut sandwiches. They also have very good key lime pies there as well.

dr&momto2boys
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
It's a very good counter service place. They have a lot of variety--many "stations" with different offerings. The desserts are what keep me going back! ;) A great value if using a CS credit on the DDP!

PJHuntleyCO
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
We had breakfast there, and have eaten lunch there, and had snacks several times. The meals were delicious, and on the healthier side. It is good and quick - not your typical fast food fare, and I would agree it is the best counter food in all of Disney World. The snacks were huge portions. For the meals - breakfast is the normal breakfast - waffles, eggs, bacon, biscuit, thing..... Lunch had Asian;Salads and Soups,Sandwiches,the Grill - which I got a grilled salmon. My Family enjoys it and we will definately be going back.
OH - although it may be busy during lunch, because you can get into air conditioning... we have never problem finding a place to sit even with our large family.

vcgirl925
07-12-2009, 01:08 PM
We ate at sunshine seasons and really enjoyed it. It's in the same pavilion as soarin' so you can grab a fast pass and then eat your lunch, ride the land, and then hopefully it'll be time for you soarin' fp return.

My husband and i had the same thing. Rotisserie chicken and two sides, i believe i had glazed carrots and mashed potatoes. My kids had the chicken also and two sides. I think my dd had cooked carrots and grapes and my ds had grapes and applesauce or something. It was good! Probably the best CS in epcot with the exception of eating around the world.

ekidwell0001
07-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Yes i love the food at sunshine seasons! The have the most yummy rotissori chicken that cooks right in front of you! We always eat here at a counter service meal! :goodvibes Definetley try it!!!

cassie58
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
We love it, too! My in-laws had been to WDW the yr. before w/ my BIL's fam., and complained about having to eat "fast food" and pay $$$ for it. I had read about this place, and was very pleased, as were my in-laws. It is a nice variety of food, most being made fresh, and prices very reasonable. (Menu on allears.net) Also convenient as mentioned to Soarin and The Land ride. We might try a late brft. here in Aug.(or early lunch - not sure what time they switch over?) as we will do EMH at 8am and have LeCellier at 4:40. Enjoy!

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR

Pakey
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Although it's not my favorite (I think Tangierine Cafe is better), I think a great benefit to Sunshine Seasons is the variety, especially if you are a large group. Everyone can find something to like here.

nrsldy
07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I see this is a must on our next trip. On TV it showed a seared tuna dish that looked good. I think alot of times we do not see enough variety. I am taking my DGD and she is a pickey eater, so this should work for her.

Tiger926
07-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Just ate there a few hours ago! We had rotisserie chicken meal with mashed potatoes and carrots, as well as the Asian meal - noodles, beef and brocolli. Dessert was the best chocolate crumb cake and choco brownie. Yummy!

It wasn't that busy, so we got great seats and had an awesome lunch! Tiger :)

Padric
07-12-2009, 03:40 PM
DW and I love Sunshine Seasons. We'll go out of our way at Epcot to have lunch there. Love the chicken and mashed potatoes!

ShannonMB
07-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Great variety and a perfect place for a picky DGD! Don't forget to get your dessert, which is part of the CS. So many yummy-ummy choices (I really like the strawberry shortcake)!!!

wdwmom0f3
07-12-2009, 04:57 PM
I saw the last part of that show last night. I hate that I missed most of the part about Sunshine Seasons because we are planning on eating there in Sept. The menu looks great and from what I can tell, it gets good reviews. :thumbsup2

Beauty & the Best
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
On TV it showed a seared tuna dish that looked good.

I think this could be the seared tuna salad at Sunshine Seasons. My husband always gets that salad. I think they make the best salads for CS in WDW. Plus its nice to eat some greens after all of that yummy TS food!

nrsldy
07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
The Tv show stated that the food is fresh and some of it is grown at Disney; salad greens. I like that Idea after hot dogs and burgers.

HollVoll
07-12-2009, 05:22 PM
The meals were delicious, and on the healthier side. It is good and quick - not your typical fast food fare, and I would agree it is the best counter food in all of Disney World.

Agreeing. We ate there several times during our last trip and LOVED it. It was a blessing to have something besides typical fast food.

Lintasare
07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
We ate here on our last trip and will be eating here again on our upcoming trip. Last time I had Asian though can't remember what exactly and Asian Chocolate Cake for dessert. It was very good and the cake was to die for. I am looking forward to eating here again.

chocovrdmicears
07-12-2009, 07:07 PM
We LOVE Sunshine Seasons.:lovestruc
The sandwiches are fabulous (yummy fresh bread).
I had THE BEST salad ever there in June. Roasted sweet yellow & red beets on baby greens with goat cheese and candied walnuts with a vinagrette dressing. It was the perfect lunch.
DH had the roasted vegetable sandwich and loved it..warm yummy grilled veggies with spicy mustard on fresh bread.
Our kids love the salami/ham sandwiches and the roasted chicken meals.
If you are on the dining plan you can pick your dessert from the bakery counter. They have the most beautiful and tasty dessert choices!

The one thing we didn't like is the Asian station. DH tried 2 different meals there and did not care for them. ( and he will eat anything:rolleyes:)

burberryplaid
07-12-2009, 07:30 PM
We love Sunshine Seasons, it's our favorite counter service spot on property! We usually get the sandwiches (turkey & muenster) and peanut butter chocolate cake. Everything looks so good though...amazing variety and all freshly made. We eat here at least twice per trip.

tndisneyfan
07-12-2009, 07:32 PM
We loved Sunshine Seasons so much we ate there three times on our last trip. We got the Asain fod each time. The desserts were great. I would definitely recommend it.

dolphingirl47
07-13-2009, 04:10 AM
I love this place, but have never eaten a complete meal there. I really love their soups. Last year I had the Black Bean Soup, which was out of this world. Every time I go there, I have a bowl of soup and one of their chocolate brownies.

Corinna

Lizzybear
07-13-2009, 04:20 AM
I ate there once in 2005 and don't remember much but it gets such great reviews on here and i'm hoping to fit it in this trip :)

wdwmom0f3
07-13-2009, 06:47 AM
The strawberry shortcake looks delicious. Has anyone tried it?

MickeyNicki
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Love the salads, the soups are ok, the veggie cuban is amazing! Dh likes the Asian section too

wishtdream
07-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Our family likes it there. They have great sandwiches and desserts. We have eaten many things here and the only thing we would not get again would be the sweet and sour chicken.

summerlady
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM

Yes! It's yummy!

homedad
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
good choices for a QS and the food has always been above average......

Mrs. P. Charming
07-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Had the chicken with caesar salad as my side and strawberry shortcake for desert. Me and my 22 year old DD shared and there was plenty for both of us. We always eat here and usually share a counter service. That way we can try twice as many on the DDP.

cjlvsccm
07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
I was watching TV last night and there was a show on amusement park food. Featured for disney was Sunshine Seasons. What is the food like? Did you like the food? It looked good on TV. I did not know about this place.
Thanks for any info.

All the food we had was really good. The bkfst plates are the same as most resort food courts, but there's a better selection of pastries. For lunch we've had a grilled salmon plate (nicely herbed and good sauce for dipping), and a rotisserie chicken plate. Both were excellent and filling, with tasty sides as well!

The Tv show stated that the food is fresh and some of it is grown at Disney; salad greens. I like that Idea after hot dogs and burgers.

Yes, I think they tell you on the Living with the Land ride that the hydroponic veggies are served in the resorts and parks, so you know they're FRESH!

AWESOME strawberry shortcake. Sweet and berry-licious!! And I'd call it Tall-cake, it's HUGE! :goodvibes

Haley
07-13-2009, 04:04 PM
I love this place- I get the grilled chicken ceaser salad and the strawberry shortcake for dessert-- YUM! My fiance usually gets the asian food- and I help him finish it..lol

Mommytwotwins
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
We ate ther in June and it was very good. I had the turkey and muenster on foccacia, it was huge and yummy. I was not planning on eating here but the kids were hungry so we tired it. I will go again

Ana~n~Joseph
07-13-2009, 04:46 PM
This is our favorite CS meal in Disney!! Love it!! :love:

catne
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
love Sunshine Seasons - so much variety (not the burger/nuggets!) and wonderful desserts.

It IS very busy, and noisy in there...but the food is worth it!

Click on my May 2009 review below, two separate reviews for Sunshine Seasons (with pictures) Page 3, post #45 and Page 8, post #106

*Emily*
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I've always meant to eat there but I always seem to be in WS when I get hungry. I do remember eating there when I was 6 or so, those hot air balloons stayed with me.

maggymouse
07-13-2009, 06:05 PM
I am so happy that this question was asked....I have been wanting to ask it about SunShine Seasons as well.

I can't wait to try it....everything sounds WONDERFUL:tongue:

DVC Grammy
07-13-2009, 06:16 PM
The food is very good, the noise is very bad! :rotfl:

It's best to go at slightly "off" times................early/late lunch or early dinner times. :thumbsup2

tndisneyfan
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM

I tried it about a month ago. I thought it was OK but it looked better than it tasted. Most of the strawberries in it weren't anywhere near ripe, they were more white than red. If the strawberries had been better it would've been wonderful.

Lynn5700
07-13-2009, 09:35 PM
We love Sunshine Seasons!! One of our favorite CS meals!! So much variety.

USAswimmer626
07-13-2009, 09:39 PM
We have eaten there for Counter Service lunch. My mother and I both had the Chinese food. It was okay, but probably not even as good as the local restaurant. For dessert, I had butterfinger cheesecake, which was good, but not great.

summerlady
07-14-2009, 06:43 AM
We have eaten there for Counter Service lunch. My mother and I both had the Chinese food. It was okay, but probably not even as good as the local restaurant. For dessert, I had butterfinger cheesecake, which was good, but not great.

:thumbsup2

SheenaXena21
07-16-2009, 06:08 PM
This is the ONLY Epcot CS I will eat at. I've had the Asian food, good, and rot. chicken, very good. And the desserts are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooood!!! There's plenty to choose from, I like that in a CS.

Also, sit at the section all the way to the right, when you're looking toward Soarin. It's behind the Living with the Land line. For some reason, nobody ever sits in that section. I guess they like to sit where everyone else is sitting. There's always plenty of tables there.

mpetti
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I saw this show and was also wondering how the food was at Sunshine Seasons. I am so happy someone asked the question. Can't wait to try it soon:cool1:. Thanks.

Maryann :surfweb:

eventamy
07-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Sunshine Seasons is a must-do for our family. I have loved the seared tuna salad, the california roll, the roasted beet and goat cheese salad. My DDs love the California roll too and the selections at the Asian section. My husband likes the turkey sandwich. There's so much variety, so fresh and everything has been super yummy!

Dizneydaz
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes-SS is good-great desserts (not your standard package CS ones).

Where else can you have seared tuna salad! :confused3 for a CS credit! So good. We usually get it with the normal asian dressing but once my DSis ordered it with Caeser dressing instead and that's good too!

The chicken is an excellent meal and very sharable.

Also I like that you can refill your own soda. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sandy321
07-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Just asked where my dh and dd wanted to eat as I started planning for ADR's -

they describe Sunshine Season (the place in Epcot that's not a buffet, but sorta looks like it... :rotfl2:)

DH loves the fish offerings!!! just know - we're on the DP so I let everyone go off and pick where and what they want - they know how the DP works!! Well we sit and I have the only bakery dessert!! :rotfl2:

Just make sure you go all the way to the end!! The bakery is the last stop - but they also have some desserts in those coolers that are "in between" shops!

PIRATEGIRL007
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Best counter service in all of Epcot. Delicous with a great selection. We have ate here several times and came away pleased each time. Often the portions are huge and DH and I split a CS meal here and are still full.

NJ Mets fan
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
They have the best counter service food in all of the WDW parks - always get the chicken, carrots and mashed potatoes. Great desserts as well if you are on the DDP.

Pooh&OurHunny
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
I feel this is the best CS food on Disney property b/c there is a good selection of food (something for everyone). Great selection of desserts too. My husband had grilled salmon and I had Half Rotisserie Chicken with two sides (enough for me and my son)

Jillpie
07-16-2009, 10:43 PM
a question on the chicken sides, can you get corn instead? I don't like carrots.

Pooh&OurHunny
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
regarding the sides for the chicken...we got mash potato and a vegatable (but I forgot what type of vegatable it was) but you can choose your sides (I just forgot the chooses)

yooperfan
07-16-2009, 11:16 PM
love Sunshine Seasons - so much variety (not the burger/nuggets!) and wonderful desserts.

It IS very busy, and noisy in there...but the food is worth it!

Click on my May 2009 review below, two separate reviews for Sunshine Seasons (with pictures) Page 3, post #45 and Page 8, post #106

I found your review, but can't get the dining reviews to open (the ones in red). Am I doing something wrong?

Justsyd2
07-16-2009, 11:30 PM
We were there in June! We loved it. DH and I shared the Asian Mongolian Ginger Beef, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Garlic Udon Noodles, Broccoli, Chicken, Chile and Garlic Noodle Bowl, a side salad, Asian Chocolate Cheesecake and a Strawberry Shortcake. It was all excellent! :lmao:

nrsldy
07-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks Everyone for your replys!!!! I am so looking forward to eating at this place. We have been WDW many times and I do not know how I missed eating thier.:confused3