PDA

View Full Version : Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining

Terk-1
07-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I have lunch solo ADR's for both Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining, but I need to cancel one. Which one is better & why? I'm a pretty picky eater (no udon noodles, no sushi, no peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.). Is the steamed rice, just plain white rice or is it flavored with something?

OKW Lover
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
You may want to read the dining reviews here (http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/360) when trying to decide. There are some good reviews of each.

Terk-1
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
You may want to read the dining reviews here (http://reviews.wdwinfo.com/index.php/cat/360) when trying to decide. There are some good reviews of each.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did read the reviews on Deb's site and they were really similar in reviews & scores. I've never been to either and wanted to give one a try.

abc999
07-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Teppan is hibachi style... Tokyo dining cooks the food behind the scenes. Also with Teppan, you will be sitting with other people, while at Tokyo, you will sit by yourself.

I think it is a matter of what type of experience you want.

Quacktatty
07-12-2009, 08:46 PM
From one picky eater to another...Teppan Edo is the way to go.

Amy&Dan
07-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I love Tokyo Dining and have not been to Tepan Edo so I can't compare but I can say we love TD! Its offers a very relaxed, unrushed experience. The service has always been top notch for us and we find it a fun experience that really offers a glimpse into Japanese culture.

The rice is plain white rice. I enjoy the tempura very much, my mil got a steak that was very basic. I will not eat sushi either but find plenty on the menu that I like.

I agree that they are very different experiences. I for one don't like to eat with strangers so for me, TD is the better choice.

TinkerbellinLouisian
07-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Teppan Edo (Formerly Teppan Yaki) is a Family tradition....we ALWAYS eat there...

Yes - it is much like your local hibachi restaurant...but we truly enjoy the "Disney" take on it.....

The food is good...the show is entertaining...you get to meet folks at your table (if you want to)...

It's just a truly enjoyable experience...

HUGS,
Mary

Terk-1
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you everyone for your votes & input!!

kmadams
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi,

I eaten at both and I much prefer Toyko Dining. I am a very picky eater and I really enjoyed this meal! I believe we ordered the chicken and steak and it was our favorite meal and our one repeat when we go again in August.

Enjoy!

ROEDISNEY
07-16-2009, 02:30 PM
I have lunch solo ADR's for both Teppan Edo & Tokyo Dining, but I need to cancel one. Which one is better & why? I'm a pretty picky eater (no udon noodles, no sushi, no peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.). Is the steamed rice, just plain white rice or is it flavored with something?

This is so me. lol I love Teppen Edo. I get steak & shrimp . It's good food 7 fun.:cool1: A must do every trip.:thumbsup2