PDA

View Full Version : How is Category 3 for HDDR?

momtoBrandon&Jacob
07-12-2009, 09:27 AM
If I can only get cat 3, is it really bad? I want to make sure my kids will be able to see the stage? We are on the DDP and will try for cat 2 but just wanted to be prepared if I can only get cat 3. TIA!

Allie

momtoBrandon&Jacob
07-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Anyone :confused3

Mom2SamandJames
07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
We were in Cat. 3 last summer with our boys, and we could easily see. I had no complaints with our seat. We were in the back, but it was convenient for us running to the bathroom with a newly potty trained 3 year old. We saw the whole show without a problem and had an AWESOME server!

Dawn

robin09
07-12-2009, 07:46 PM
:goodvibesI'm pretty sure we did Category 1 on the Dining plan last year. (I might be mistaken) If you do the late show at 9:30, we were on the first floor and had a great time... In fact doing it again this year!:goodvibes

roselark
07-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Had Category 3 in May. All the seats are upstairs. DM's seat was fine. Unfortunately, I was right behind a pole and there was a whole section of the stage I could not see. This did not completely ruin the show, however, since they move all over, both on and off the stage, including upstairs.

I also did not like how the tables were set up. You eat facing away from the center of the room and then have to turn around to watch the show. I personally would not do Category 3 again.

Lady V
07-13-2009, 06:01 AM
Category three does not face the stage. You eat and then turn around to watch the show. I have heard people say its ok but I would hate it. There are some seats in category 2 i didn't even like.

Jack&Ryan'smom
07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Last time we went my boys were 6& 2.5. We sat in Cat. 3 but were very happy with our seats!! Yes we had to eat not facing the stage...but the show didn't start right away so we were fine with that. After the boys ate, they leaned over the railing in front of them and watched the show. I thought they could see better since they could look down at the show. I would definately sit there again!:thumbsup2

kristen2276
07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
We did cat 3 last year with an almost 2 year old and it was fine. yeah you eat away from the stage, but we had great seats and saw the whole show wonderfully. We are doing it again in September as we can only get Cat 3.
We keep trying for cat 2, but honestly when I look at those if we were in the back on the floor, my son would probably not be able to see-

SassyCat
07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
DH and I had cat 3 seating and loved it. We were at one of the long, skinny tables meant for 4 but we had it to ourselves. I liked watching from above a lot. We had no obstruction. I liked it because, when we went in Jan, it was not crowded up there at all. We did end up being a small part of the show (much to DH's dismay), but besides that we will def get cat 3 next time we go.

momtoBrandon&Jacob
07-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Thanks so much for all the replies. I do feel better now knowing that it'll be ok if we do get cat 3. The "plan" is to do a 7:15pm show in cat 2 (5:00pm is too early, and 9:30pm is way too late even though I can get cat 1 for that time). Thanks again! :goodvibes