PDA

View Full Version : Question about portions

JoShan1719
07-12-2009, 01:59 AM
I've heard portions are generally big at the restaurants. Is this true? It's just my fiance and myself going in September, he eats a lot, I eat very little. I was wondering if it would be good to get one entree and share it or if there wouldn't be enough food?

swanwed6206
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
Yes- portions are generally pretty big everywhere. Your fiance will not go hungry and you can probably share at most places depending on the dish (ie if he gets a filet mignon, he might want to eat the entire thing). HTH :thumbsup2

caroline1851
07-12-2009, 08:34 AM
I thought CS meals were pretty big but TS weren't huge. If he eats a lot, i doubt he wuold want to share.

cmusschoot
07-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I have traveled to Disney several times with my mom. We always split meals as a money saver...and as a way to eat more things.

When I go with my husband he likes to eat a whole meal himself and I find a lot of waste on my part...

So if you are both willing to split it is a great way to save calories and money...also will give you a chance to sample more things...after dinner you will have room for that Dole Whip!!!

Enjoy!!

kaytieeldr
07-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I think it wouldn't be nearly enough food. You could order appetizers/salads/soups AS your meal while he gets a full entree.

*NikkiBell*
07-12-2009, 10:34 AM
I agree. I'd let him get his own entree and just limit what you purchase.

chipndales
07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
I think it also depends on where you're eating. If he'd be willing to order an appetizer and share his main dish, I think you could get away with it. Another option, which I've done, is just order an appetizer and salad for my main dish. If he eats alot, as pp's have said, he might not want to share lol. The food can be really amazing sometimes and it's every man for himself. ;)

DCDisney
07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
The CS portions are pretty large but the TS portions generally are not very large. In a regular restaurant I usually eat about half and take half home and at WDW it was rare for me to leave much on my plate especially the portion of protein. A few of the bigger steaks were rather large but they also had large areas that were fatty that I cut off. If he is a big eater I don't think sharing will work unless you were also going to share app and dessert or order some other extras like sides.

Hopefully
07-12-2009, 11:06 AM
None of us are particularly big eaters and sharing would not be enough food for us, especially the entrees.
I don't think it would work if he is a big eater.
As others have said, perhaps you want to order just an appetizer and dessert for yourself
Have a great trip

TDC Nala
07-12-2009, 01:38 PM
You should consider ordering an appetizer for your main meal - unless you are on the paid dining plan that can work out well.

CharacterFan
07-12-2009, 03:28 PM
My Fiance and I are the same way. They are big enough to share as long as you don't mind eating the same thing. We normally order two entrees and he'll have a few bites of mine. Since we're started using the dining plan last year, we've started to enjoy the option of having 2 different entrees to try.

The couple of times we have shared we'd get two appitizers (normally a soup or salad) to go with the entree.

WETWHISTLE
07-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't think it would be enough food.

We usually only eat 2 meals a day - a CS meal for lunch, and a TS dinner. I know that I wouldn't want to share my meal...LOL!