PDA

View Full Version : What do you use your refillable mug for breakfast?

NC State
07-11-2009, 06:51 PM
I need ideas on what you fill your mug with in the mornings. We will be at ASMu and need ideas on weather or not to purchase a mug. We would only use them for breakfast.

chocovrdmicears
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Coffee. :)

Pirate Me
07-11-2009, 06:59 PM
They have coffee but it's the Nescafe. Most don't like it. It tastes like water.

jennipooh
07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
They have hot chocolate at All Star Sports and Caribbean Beach, but that is in Nov/December. I think I saw some people getting hot tea back in Dec. at CBR.

In the warmer months we have only used it for soda (cherry coke to be excact!) and water. You cannot get juice or milk. Atleast that I noticed.

Sorry, but we really get our money's worth on our afternoon breaks or in the evenings.

karen l
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Tea for me & hot chocolate for my DS.

Dopey's twin Dippy
07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
same here, Tea and coffee. i have my hot tea even sitting at the pool.......

Meriweather
07-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Me...tea or ice tea.....DH, always diet coke

marcyinPA
07-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Usually coffee. And this trip, I had the idea of making iced coffee! Just fill the mug with ice, pour the coffee, add the sugar and creamer. Works for me!

I also let my kids get lemonade or powerade for breakfast. I never do this at home...it's a vacation treat.

We were on the DDP, so we got our two beverages too. We always get bottled water and take it to the parks with us.

CindyT
07-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Coffee.

daisyduck123
07-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Coffee.

Dizneydaz
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Diet Coke-my caffeine of choice! :thumbsup2

Debbie-TN
07-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Coffee with breakfast and Sprite Zero:cool1: to take with me to the park. Then another Sprite Zero when we return.:thumbsup2

penguin087
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Coffee for me. DS get whatever usually lemonade or iced tea. Hes not a big soda drinker anyway let alone for breakfast.

brendaziz
07-11-2009, 08:18 PM

yep yep!

tggrrstarr
07-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Coca Cola or Icee's!! My thirst doesn't recognize any time of day!!

mullysisters
07-12-2009, 03:13 PM
My sister and I both get mugs and we fill one with coffee and one with lemonade or orange soda We decant the cold drink (our vacation juice subsitute) into plastic cups then rinse out that mug and have a 8oz of coffee, or tea, each.:thumbsup2

mullysisters
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
I should add that we take our coffee or tea the same way!

PrincessBetsy
07-12-2009, 03:16 PM
If you decide on getting a mug, then you will only be able to use it for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, soda, and water. You won't be able to get orange juice or milk. I never use a refillable mug for breakfast, since I don't like coffee and the water is free.

chloelovesdisney
07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
I also make iced coffee in the morning.

kazzy3
07-12-2009, 03:55 PM
We have always bought refillable mugs for everyone. Next time just for adults esp b/c not resort specific. We must have coffee in am. One person goes and fills up mugs w/ black coffee.to keep as hot as possible. We keep little milks in room and then we have coffee in room while getting ready. Sometimes we take mugs w/ us on way to parks to have cup on the way to the parks. Definitely going to make iced coffee for on the way. Not a big fan of nescafe but it will do the trick. Will have a real coffee later in morninge wherever we can get it.

MrBean
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
We always made mochas (half hot chocolate, half coffee) in the morning while getting ready for the day, then I'd grab a Arnold Palmer (half ice tea, half lemonade) for the trip to the park.

Was definitely worth the cash and you get a nice souvenir to boot!

NC State
07-12-2009, 05:36 PM
We always made mochas (half hot chocolate, half coffee) in the morning while getting ready for the day, then I'd grab a Arnold Palmer (half ice tea, half lemonade) for the trip to the park.

I like the way you think.:thumbsup2

Orangeandwild
07-12-2009, 05:42 PM
In warm months we get the new ice tea from the machine at Pop, various flavors they have and in cold weather we will get coffee

Axel
07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I have hot tea with my breakfast regardless of the time of year (even in August!). My parents both have coffee.

conandrob240
07-12-2009, 06:42 PM
There was apple juice at BCV last year when we bought the mug there. Do the choices vary from resort to resort?

B-Ride
07-12-2009, 06:46 PM

Ahh, someone after my own heart. Diet coke for breakfast, another mug when we drop back to the resort for a swim and a final mug to finish off the day and keep me awake for Wishes on the beach at the Poly.

If you are going to only use the mugs for breakfast I am not sure if you should bother. The coffee you can put in them is truly horrible and tastes even worse in the plastic mug.

We always get the mugs but I usually fill them at least 3 or 4 times a day so they really make sense.

Colleen27
07-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Diet Coke, iced tea, hot tea, wanna-be mochas, hot chocolate... Depends on my mood and the weather.

Chedstro
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Coffee/hot chocolate = Mocha! Yes, my kids and I did this every morning with a little add of sugar and creamer. (my kids are adults, lol):thumbsup2

Steph9072
07-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Iced Tea

princess momma
07-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Well, what do you normally drink at breakfast? :goodvibes Fill it with that.

I normally drink coffee in the morning but the what they consider coffee at the food courts is repulsive.

Belle5
07-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Hot tea.

tndisneyfan
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
I get a Coke or other fountain drink. That is my normal breakfast drink.

tonilea
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Diet Coke or as I like to call it "The Elixer of Life".

MickeyNicki
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
I use mine for ice tea or hot tea every single day a few times a day and DH uses his for coffee and cocoa...we have a few fills in the am, during our pool day or park breakfast and at night before turning in....

WantToGoNow
07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Coke

jcarwash
07-13-2009, 11:23 AM
There was apple juice at BCV last year when we bought the mug there. Do the choices vary from resort to resort?

That is my comment, that the choices vary from resort to resort. At Pop Century last November 08 they had apple juice, which we would get in the morning for breakfast in one mug. All-Star Sports did not have juice if I recall correctly. (Plus Pop Century has frozen Coke, which other resorts don't.)

Update: I learned from the Groovier Pop Century thread that Pop no longer has apple juice nor frozen Coke.

And, the magical Nescafe in the other mug. It's so good when you're there, I say. So bad it's good because that means you're at WDW.

The morning run is: one person goes to get juice and coffee to have with breakfast in the room - we bring mini bagels. When heading for the bus, another cup of coffee in one mug and diet sprite or lemonade in the other mug.

djm99
07-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I took this picture at Pop in July 2007. Can someone else confirm that All Stars Music does/does not have Apple juice at the soda fountains? My DD11 months was really hoping so (or at least her mom was).
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n95/djm99/HPIM0889.jpg

jcarwash
07-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I took this picture at Pop in July 2007. Can someone else confirm that All Stars Music does/does not have Apple juice at the soda fountains? My DD11 months was really hoping so (or at least her mom was).[/FONT]

Stayed at All-Star Sports in September 08. They did not have juice like Pop does. Can't speak for the other All-Star resorts.

Update: I caught up with the Groovier Pop Century thread and learned that in earlier 2009 Pop Century no longer has apple juice at the fountains.

cheshireqt
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Coffee in the morning.
Coke in the afternoon.
Hot chocolate just before bed!
I use my mug :rotfl:

*Belle*
07-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Hot Tea for me.:goodvibes

:santa::santa::santa:

nettii
07-13-2009, 07:34 PM
COCOA we love:love:Disney cocoa its just one of those Disney things that says ahhhh we are on vacation! :goodvibesLike a warm chocolaty hug :hug:for your tummy!:cloud9:We talk about Disney cocoa often! We cant wait to go have some more!

sanapunk
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but I saw someone on here mention that water is free. I've never seen water before in the food courts machines and just wanted to confirm this. I'd rather fill up a bottle every morning in the food court than order a case of water from costco. Just looking for someone to confirm this :)

djm99
07-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread but I saw someone on here mention that water is free. I've never seen water before in the food courts machines and just wanted to confirm this. I'd rather fill up a bottle every morning in the food court than order a case of water from costco. Just looking for someone to confirm this :)

Yes their are sinks at the fontains and if memory serves me correctly, behind either the lemonaid lite or juice a filter water button is there.

nettii
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
You can also get free water in the parks at the QS restaurants. you could then transfer it to your bottle. Have fun Nettii:goodvibes

summerlady
07-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Coffee, even though it's rather grim I need my morning fix and then another late afternoon.

Jozymouse
07-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Call me weird, but i enjoy the Minute Maid lemonade for breakfast. I do weird things on vacation that I dont do at home!!!!:lmao:

Then when we come back at night, I ususally go for a softdrink :thumbsup2

drewbie'smom
07-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Diet Coke or as I like to call it "The Elixer of Life".

DITTO!!!! :thumbsup2

I do occasionally drink coffee, but my morning caffeine addiction of choice is cold!!! (And thanks to my addiction, the refillable mugs are a great purchase for me!)

panders77
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
As most said I drank coffee, and then filled it with soda after breakfast to take to the park. It was worth it. I also walked and filled it after my DD was in bed for coffee with my snack at night.

n2mm
07-14-2009, 03:33 PM

It's gone! No AJ at BCV or Pop anymore. We were there in May and checked both for apple juice. No more.

ROEDISNEY
07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Coffee for DH & Tea 4 me :cool1:

scousemouse09
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm gutted to hear they no longer do juices. Used to like my apple juice at breakfast time! Oh well, it will have to be coke or sprite for me.

Terk-1
07-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I use mine for either hot chocolate (if it's cool out) or lemonade. I don't drink coffee or soda, so it's one of these two.

robinb
07-14-2009, 04:27 PM
I fill mine with that nasty stuff that passes for coffee. We carry our mugs to the parks with us and once they are empty we rinse them out and pop them into a ziplock bag and into our backpack. Then they are ready for another rinse and a refill of something cold on the way back to the room after we return to the resort.

tpholland
07-14-2009, 07:42 PM

OMG I can't believe I've never thought of that instead of that plain vile coffee I've been choking down all these years :rotfl:
I'd also like to add that you can also get apple juice in a mug. At least we have been able to in the past at CB

i'm hoping they still have aj @ CB

squirrel
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
I usually get a mocha for breakfast and Diet Coke in the afternoon/evening.

Too bad about the apple juice, sometimes I would start with a bit of that before getting a mocha.

Mrs. P. Charming
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
Disney Iced tea is very good. I also fill my mug for the bus ride to the parks. I then have a climbers hook on my bag that i clip my mug on. The mugs come in handy during the day to put frozen lemonade, since it stays frozen longer in the resort mug then it would in the plastic cup it is served it.

Nicole721
07-15-2009, 12:24 AM
It seems the juice (if offered) offerings are different at every resort.

At the GF, they had Hi-C fruit punch and I think that was the only beverage in my mug all week on our last trip LOL.

Hopefully, the Contemporary has it, too.

dmaz
07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
Another wanna-be-mocha girl here. I need my morning coffee and I usually use flavored creamers at home. The only way the coffee is palatable is by mixing it with the cocoa. I've been doing this for many years and it wouldn't be vacation in Disney without it.
I think the only place we have stayed at with apple juice was CBR, but that was 2 yrs ago.
I know it's been said many times on here but they really should have a better breakfast drink item at all of them for the kids. My kids love the mugs but it will probably be a fight this year when we don't get them for them. We will be on the dining plan. They don't drink soda and I don't like giving them that much Light Lemonade.

Poodie
07-15-2009, 06:21 AM
We use ours for soda.... Diet Coke for me, Coke for DH, Root Beer for DD14, and Sprite for DD's 12 and 7! We totally get our money's worth... we use them for breakfast, on our mid day breaks (sometimes with lunch/dinner if eating at the resort), and in the evening before returning to our rooms! I know... it's alot of soda... but it's vacation!!!

redrosesix
07-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Iced green tea -- we also stay at ASMu where they don't have coffee pots -- so I fill up my mug the night before and keep it in the fridge for the am.

Jenna_N
07-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Just wondering if you can refill them at the theme parks also now that they've gone to one style cup instead of different ones for each resort? Thanks!!

NC State
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Just wondering if you can refill them at the theme parks also now that they've gone to one style cup instead of different ones for each resort? Thanks!!

No, you can only use them at the resort for that one stay.

wavemaker
07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
We get a bottle of the minute maid mixed berry juice with our breakfast and then mix it with Fresca in our mugs. It's great. I can't find that same juice at home so POR is the only place we get this. I can't wait to get back to WDW! I'm hoping Fresca is still availble at POR. Does anyone know for sure?:goodvibes