PDA

View Full Version : Visitors to campground?

southcarolinagirl
07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Can you have someone visit you while you are staying at the Fort? My mom lives in Deltona and would like to come visit our son on his bday, is there a charge and what is the procedure?
TIA

Kim

Shan-man
07-11-2009, 07:46 PM
You can meet her out front and get her through the returning guests gate using your KttW card. Some have reported success phoning up front and letting them know you are expecting company, and the guests being waved through... but I haven't tried that. Note also that you are allowed only one car (or truck) at your site, so if you have one already your Mom may have to park out front and either you pick her up or she takes the bus.

:santa:

southcarolinagirl
07-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks, Shan-Man! That will work out fine, will I need to get something to put on her car so they know it is ok for it to be there?

Kim

Shan-man
07-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Only if she's gonna be there overnight really.

Minnie mom of 6
07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
We always just tell them to park in the overflow then pick them up by the busses with the cart or car. I have heard if you give the name they will waive them through:) We live in Deltona!!:goodvibes

devores
07-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I have nothing important to add, just wanted to say hello. My wife and her entire family is from Deltona. We go there often to visit.

DisneyVC
07-12-2009, 07:40 PM
My mom came to visit me this weekend while I was there. She went to the security gate, told them who she was there to visit and they let her in. We didn't have any problems.

Shan-man
07-12-2009, 07:53 PM
They will sometimes do this, but I wouldn't count on it. Plus you still have to make arrangements about what to do with the extra vehicle (if the camping party has one on site already). If you have a vehicle, I'd say to just meet the visitor up front and drive them back.

AuburnJen92
07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
What we do if we are going to have visitors is call the front desk and tell them who is coming and on what date. On that date, we take our vehicle and park it in the overflow with our parking pass on it and let the visitors park on our site for the day. After the depart, we go back and get our vehicle and put it back on our site. That way, the CM at the gate can give them directions and they come right to us. We don't mind moving the vehicle if we know someone is coming to visit. Just a thought to ponder.

southcarolinagirl
07-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

Kim

Thumper_ehhhhh
07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
When we stayed at pop centery last time we were there we drove over to the parking lot at the fort and took the bus in and rented a cart to do some looping. Never checked in and didnt inform anybody we were there.

clkelley
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
When we stayed at pop centery last time we were there we drove over to the parking lot at the fort and took the bus in and rented a cart to do some looping. Never checked in and didnt inform anybody we were there.

On some of our quick shotgun weekend trips when we stay offsite, we do the same thing. Park in the overflow lot, and use Ft. Wilderness transportation for getting around the World. We've never rented a golf cart for those trips though.