PDA

View Full Version : First time on the DxDDP and these are my ADRs. Tell me how it looks, please!

SeeJackRunn
07-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Me and my boyfriend arrive on October 1st at 10:00 AM and leave our resort around 3:30 for the airport on the 5th, our plans so far are:

Thursday, October 1st: Disney Studios

Lunch: Mama Melrose, 1:15 PM.
Dinner: The Hollywood Brown Derby, 6:05 PM.

Do you think we will have enough time to make it see Fantasmic at 8?

Friday, October 2nd: Magic Kingdom / Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Breakfast: The Crystal Palace, 10:25 AM.
Dinner: California Grill, 5:40 PM.

Saturday, October 3rd: Animal Kingdom / Downtown Disney after dinner

Breakfast: Donald’s Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House, 10:25 AM.
Lunch: Yak and Yetti, 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Jiko, 7:00 PM.

Is this too much food and do you think we would have enough time at Downtown Disney after Jiko?

Sunday, October 4th: EPCOT / Halloween Horror Nights at Universal

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 1:00 PM.

Monday, October 5th: EPCOT

Breakfast: ‘Ohana’s, 9:25 AM.

So how does everything look? I'm a little overwhelmed and looking for some suggestions!

Thanks!

disneyfav4ever
07-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Good choices of where you're eating!

I don't think you'll make Fantasmic. Even if you get seated right on time for dinner, it'll take at least an hour to eat, and by then I think you'd have a hard time getting into the theater.

You'll probably also miss the very begining of MNSSHP, but if you're only going for the special events, that shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't think three meals in a day is too much, but could you make an 8:00 breakfast ADR instead?

The last two days look good.

kevgraub
07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't think you will make Fantasmic either. Probably your best case would be to get out of Brown Derby a little after 7:00. By that time, I'm guessing you will have a very hard time getting into Fantasmic. People will probably have started lining up an hour before you will.

I don't necessarily think that three meals in a day is too much, but I think your breakfast and lunch are going to be kind of a lot to eat. You probably won't be done with breakfast at Tusker House until 11:30 or so, and then turn around and eat 2.5 hours later at Yak and Yetti. I would try to move that breakfast earlier in the day if possible. I guess you could always just eat a light breakfast there and enjoy the characters, then enjoy a big lunch.

I think the places you have listed sound great, the only issues I see are the two that I mentioned above. If you are really wanting to see Fantasmic you might need to change the Brown Derby, and if you are planning on a big breakfast at Tusker House, I'd think about trying to move it a little earlier in the morning.

B-Ride
07-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't think you will make Fantasmic either. Probably your best case would be to get out of Brown Derby a little after 7:00. By that time, I'm guessing you will have a very hard time getting into Fantasmic. People will probably have started lining up an hour before you will.

Last year I would have said no problem. Now with the reduced showings you need to get there earlier. Personally I would say enjoy your dinner and forget the show. It jusn't isn't worth lining up for over an hour. You can always head over after dinner and maybe you will get lucky.

catne
07-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Me and my boyfriend arrive on October 1st at 10:00 AM and leave our resort around 3:30 for the airport on the 5th, our plans so far are:

No Way -- you probably will not get seated on time, for starters. Then at least 60 minutes to eat & settle up. With no fantasmic dining package, you will need to be at the theater by 6:45 at the latest. You probably will not get out of Brown Derby before 7:15 at the absolute earliest...10 minutes at least to walk to Fantasmic theater & get to top of ramp...by the time you show up the standing room only will probably be full.

Count on getting seated 10 minutes past your ADR at the Cali Grille - would make it 5:50...and it will take at least 1.5 hours to get through your meal - which would take you until 7:20. Then walk over to MK, or ride the monorail - another 10-15 minutes...7:35 p.m. if everything goes bing-bing-bing. You could get seated later, your meal could take 2 hours, it could take you longer to get to the park. No matter what, there's no way you'll be in the park when MNSSHP starts...pretty expensive tickets if you're not there for the full party.

Is this too much food and do you think we would have enough time at Downtown Disney after Jiko?
Yes, too much food -- at least too much in too short of a time. You will not get done with Tusker house breakfast before 11:15 -- IF you get seated on time -- I would count on getting seated 10-15 minutes late since by then you'll have the full affect of backed-up tables. So could be 11:30 by the time you're done eating breakfast. Are you really going to ready for table service lunch just 2.5 hours later? When we did the deluxe we always had at least 5 hours between our ADRs and we still were not all that hungry for the next meal. We decided we'd never again do any 3 table meals a day -- two is plenty! Or if we did do three meals, there would be at least 6 hours between...like 8:00 a.m. breakfast, 2:00 p.m. lunch, and 8:00 dinner. Because you have to figure at least 45-60 minutes at each meal so by the time you finish, it's just 5 hours to the next meal even on a 6 hour schedule. I'd cancel Yak & Yeti entirely & just get a snack or two between breakfast & dinner. Or if you really want to do all of these, get your breakfast much earlier -- like 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. You'll still be pretty full, though...maybe too full to enjoy your signature restaurant meal. Jiko will take you at least 2 hours...then are you taking a bus to DTD from AKL? If you're driving yourself, yes you'd have time to go to DTD for awhile...but if you're counting on Disney busses to get from AKL to DTD, that can take as long as 60-75 minutes since the DTD busses usually make multiple resort stops.

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 1:00 PM.

So how does everything look? I'm a little overwhelmed and looking for some suggestions!

Thanks!

I like your choices...just concerned about the timing...especially on the day with 3 table service. My only other suggestion is to make the breakfasts earlier -- those times are "prime" park time when there will be the least lines everywhere.

SeeJackRunn
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Do you think a 5:30 ADR at Brown Derby is still too late?

disneyfav4ever
07-11-2009, 11:55 PM
Personally, I would cancel lunch at Mama Melrose's, and try and get the Fantasmic package for dinner at Brown Derby.

kristen2276
07-12-2009, 06:45 AM

I don't think you will have enough time and I think your lunch and dinner are too close together- for two full meals-

I think your times are ok, but you will miss a lot of the MNSSHP-

Is this too much food and do you think we would have enough time at Downtown Disney after Jiko?way too much in a short time- you need an earlier breakfast and lunch-

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 1:00 PM. fine, but why not try another 2 TS meal so you can drop the lunch the day before?

Thanks!

Overall, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

SeeJackRunn
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
So I changed my ADRS around quite a bit. Do you think that this looks a little bit more plausible for us? I still haven't used 2 TS credits, can I just let it go or should I feel bad about that and keep trying to squeeze something in?

Thursday, October 1st: Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Dinner: Fantasmic! Dinner Package at The Hollywood Brown Derby, 4:05 PM.

Friday, October 2nd: EPCOT / Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

Lunch: Tutto Italia, 12:15 PM.

Saturday, October 3rd: Animal Kingdom

Dinner: Jiko, 5:35 PM.

Sunday, October 4th: Uinversal/Halloween Horror Nights

Breakfast: ‘Ohana’s, 10:15 AM.

Monday, October 5th: Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: The Crystal Palace, 9:55 AM.