PDA

View Full Version : I can't get into Garden Grill - Any tips!

NewEnglandCamper
07-11-2009, 01:40 PM
We are traveling to WDW from 9/26 through 10/1.

I have not yet been able to find a Garden Grill reservation for the days we plan to go to Epcot.

Chef Mickey's seems to be impossible to find as well!

I guess its going to be CROWDED there in late Sept.

Any thoughts or tips?

Nascia
07-11-2009, 01:51 PM
I was not able to book this initially but have checked frequently online. I was able to get it after about two weeks of looking, not my preferred time, but it worked.

pediatric-rnp
07-11-2009, 01:57 PM
We're going at approx the same time you are, and have been unable to get ressies for CR. I just keep going on-line to check availability several times a day. We booked Flying Fish, so at least we have something, but I hope someone cancels at CR, as we love to eat there at least once each trip!

I suggest you just keep checking availability - people do cancel and you might get lucky! I think with the Free Dining during that time, the restauants filled up fast.

wdwmom0f3
07-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I would check everyday but especially when it gets close to being 45 days out because there will be people to cancel. I am also looking to change our Le Cellier to a dinner instead of lunch.

Elise79
07-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Since they cancelled lunch Garden Grill is almost impossible to get :sad2: and Chef Mickeys has always been very popular.

The other thing that hasn't helped I guess would be the removal of characters from LTT as now there are only 2 dinners with the main characters.

kevgraub
07-11-2009, 06:06 PM
We are traveling to WDW from 9/26 through 10/1.

I have not yet been able to find a Garden Grill reservation for the days we plan to go to Epcot.

Chef Mickey's seems to be impossible to find as well!

I guess its going to be CROWDED there in late Sept.

Any thoughts or tips?

As others hve said, just keep trying. I could not get into 50's Prime Time that week either, and then one day the perfect time popped up for us.

As for being crowded in late Sept., I think the general view is that the restaurants are going to be very crowded with the free dining, but that the parks should not be too terrible busy. Free dining always makes it tough to get ADR's.

PrincessBelle39
07-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Just keep checking online. We wanted it for 2 October and couldn't get it at our 90day mark. A couple of days later we were able to get it for 3 October which was good as we couldn't get MBYBQ for that day as we had originally wanted. But then yesterday MBYBQ came available so I canceled GG and managed to pick it up on our preferred day and time on 2 Oct. We also wanted something in the Magic Kingdom on 1 October before MNSSHP. Originally all I could get was the Diamond Horseshoe at a not suitable time. But yesterday I had the choice of CRT, Crystal Palace, LTT and the Plaza all at 5:30-6pm. (We went plaza) This are definitely opening up with time.

CharacterFan
07-11-2009, 06:48 PM
First since it's Free Dining that makes it a little harder.

I had the problem on getting into GG for my birthday. At the 55day make a lot of places and times seemed to open up. I only checked online.