PDA

View Full Version : Olivia's OR Turf Club for dinner????

LBelle
07-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Hello!
Trying to decide which one of these to try after our Typhoon Lagoon day. Already have a Turf Club reservation @ 5:10pm. Wondering if I should try for a dinner at Olivia's instead? :confused3

We are 2 adults and our 13 year old son. We're happy with anything other than seafood!!! :headache:

Opinions on your experiences at either of these places would be most appreciated! :flower3:

Pakey
07-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Hello!
Trying to decide which one of these to try after our Typhoon Lagoon day. Already have a Turf Club reservation @ 5:10pm. Wondering if I should try for a dinner at Olivia's instead? :confused3

We are 2 adults and our 13 year old son. We're happy with anything other than seafood!!! :headache:

Opinions on your experiences at either of these places would be most appreciated! :flower3:

We prefer Turf Club over Olivia's.

LBelle
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM
We prefer Turf Club over Olivia's.

Any particular reasons? popcorn::

Anybody else? :confused3

Thanks so much!!! :hug:

Pete W.
07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Never ate at Olivia's but think Turf Club is mediocre pub food. You should also consider the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club if you're looking for a reasonably-priced resort restaurant with a varied menu not far from Typhoon Lagoon.

Here's a link to the dinner menu: http://allears.net/menu/menu_ygd.htm.

kbmaggs
07-12-2009, 05:06 PM
We have tried both. We much prefer Turf Club food, service and atmosphere.

danielle782001
07-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Just back from our trip...We ate at the Turf Club for the first time and DH and I loved our meals...He had steak and I had a pasta with shrimp...Both excellent...Service also excellent...One of the best meals we have had in Disney during one of our seven trips in eight years!

pfp258
07-12-2009, 06:53 PM
We found Olivia's to have a very limited menu and the food was just so so the last two times we stayed at OKW. (Spring break 2009 and November 2008)

Amy&Dan
07-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I prefer Turf Club. I have eaten there several times since it opened and always enjoyed a very nice meal. I find the atmosphere to be generally quiet, and I love to eat outside on their patio. I have had my share of pub food, and I don't find Turf Club to be like that at all.:confused3 JMHO of course but in at least six or seven meals there, its always been outstanding.

I also enjoy Olivia's but think its a more noisy, crowded type environment than Turf Club. Olivia's also has outdoor seating, but its not nearly as nice as the Turf Club patio. We ate at Olivia's twice last month and I thought it was not quite as good as previous visits and the menu is really trimmed down.

You can't go wrong with either, but to me Turf Club is the nicer of the two. The menu at Olivia's is much more limited and the desserts not as good. If you like chocoate, go for the lava cake at Turf Club. I also think the lamb chops, tuna and pork tenderloin are outstanding there. At Olivia's the tilapia is very good as is the bbq pork chop. I just miss a few things they took off that menu in the last year.

Belle5
07-12-2009, 10:02 PM
We have eaten at both and prefer Turf Club.

stitch1094
07-12-2009, 10:48 PM
turf club has been our favorite the last 2 trips...I wouldn't consider the offerings pub food at all...

chrismiss56
07-12-2009, 11:08 PM
We have eaten at both and prefer Turf Club.

I AGREE - Turf Club's patio is so pretty and peaceful:thumbsup2

LBelle
07-13-2009, 04:13 AM
You guys are the best!!! :worship:

Looks like we'll just be sticking with the Turf Club ADR that we already have.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much! :)

dolphingirl47
07-13-2009, 04:49 AM
I personally prefer Olivia's. The menus are very similar (people have been joking that they have one chef who goes backwards and forwards because they are so similar). Turf Club fancies up the dishes a little. At Olivia you can get a plain steak, at Turf Club it either comes with a blue cheese and mushroom topping or a crabmeat topping. I don't like blue cheese or crabmeat. As far as desserts go, Olivia's Key Lime Tart is out of this world. The also do a yummy Pina Colada bread.

Corinna