PDA

View Full Version : CRT - for those of you that have been

gracie1
07-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I was looking into ressies there for our wdw trip. Now I have heard many people say that the food is okay, that your paying for the experience. It is myself and my mom - is the experience really worth the $47 per person (and is this new price that I got off of allears the holiday pricing or did they raise the price??) I know I can count on the feedback here to see if it is really worth it.

Avonlady1001
07-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Curious about the price, too!! Seems to be a HUGE jump...I was prepared to pay almost $32 for each adult...but $47? Made the ressie, but was hoping the allears price was a misprint? Just an outrageous price... I know, I know, you're paying for the atmosphere & experience, but the food doesn't look like it even comes CLOSE to being worth it (IMO).

If those aren't holiday prices, I'll be canceling my 10/5 bkfst ressie...

www.wdwinfo.com says CRT bkfst is $31.99???? Which is right? That was updated in May 09.

gracie1
07-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I hadn't seen the one for $31.99. A few months ago allears had the menu up for $34.99 per person (which I thought was steep) and I know, it includes photos with cinderella. The allears menu says June 2009 so it was updated. I am thinking that may be the holiday price but I thought the holiday pricing was only like $4.00 increase

Hootch
07-11-2009, 09:08 AM
showing on allears seem to be right. I am comparing what we paid for lunch in June to what is listed. It appears to me that the figures provided include the photo package, tax, tip and the holiday surcharge which was in effect for all of June. All of these are prepaid either via a credit card charge when the ADR is made or the purchase of the DDP where a cc number is taken but charged only for no shows.

Is it worth it? That's a tough one to answer definitively. We have done the lunch on the last three trips. Our daughter was 3, almost 4, and almost 6 for those trips. My wife and I spoke about not going on our next trip prior to the most recent meal. It wasn't so much the cost of the meal. I have never left there disappointed. It's impossible when your kids have such a great time. It was more about lost opportunities to try some of the new restaurants or see what has changed at some of the ones we've been to before.

On the drive back from our trip my wife broached going again to CRT. I probably won't push the issue if she brings up going again during the next trip planing stage.

gracie1
07-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks. I am guessing I should just bite the bullet and do it. Who knows when I will go back to wdw anyways!
As for trying different places, I am thinking of only doing the qs plan and then making 3 ts ressies.

ahill004
07-11-2009, 12:10 PM
We tried lunch there last Dec. It was ok. We wouldn't do it again though. Very rushed. Food was mediocre and character interaction was also rushed. I thought it would be cool so see the castle but it looks just like a nice dining room. Nothing special. It was me, my little girls (who preferred Storybook over this meal by far), my husband, and my in-laws. None of us would do it again. But there are plenty who will pay the price just to eat in the castle so if that is really important to you than give it a try.