PDA

View Full Version : How is Chef Mickey's dinner?

bangzoom6877
07-10-2009, 08:54 PM
We went to Chef Mickey's breakfast last summer and we absolutely loved it. My children really enjoy that place so we will definitely be going back. However, we are considering trying it for dinner instead of breakfast. How is the dinner? We have done 2 other character dinner buffets at WDW...Crystal Palace at MK (we loved it) and 1900 Park Fare at Grand Floridian (I loved it, DH said it was not bad but he could take it or leave it). I am speaking strictly of the food. We loved the character interaction at all locations.

So our choice is to either do one dinner at Chef Mickey's and do one breakfast at Crystal Palace on a non-EMH morning and get into MK early (to try something different at each but still get the great character interaction for our boys), or we could do the breakfast at Chef Mickey's again and try to get an ADR for when they first open and make it to MK for rope drop and do Crystal Palace dinner again as well.

So, how is the food at Chef Mickey's dinner? I have read that it is not as good as Crystal Palace, but how does it compare to your typical buffet restaurant? Is there good variety? We are not all that picky, we love all different types of food. The main things we (DH and I, mostly myself!) are picky about are pizza, Italian food and Asian food. The kids are happy with typical kids' food, which I know WDW offers on all their buffets so I know that will not be a problem.

Pooh&OurHunny
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
My husband and I thought the food wasn't good...we love CP b/c we think there is alot of food selection but CM did not have alot of food selection for us and the prime rib wasn't good...we might have gotten a bad night. My son loves CM for the characters so we are going to try breakfast at CM.

Diane♥Disney
07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I have been to CM for both and I thought the breakfast was much better than the dinner.

JacksDaddy
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
we ate at CM dinner buffet on 7/2 and were disappointed in the food as we were with all the buffets. There is plenty of food and variety to fill you up, but all of it is very mediocre...

tiggertabi
07-10-2009, 10:58 PM
it's like a typical cafeteria. Except the desserts, which were all YUMMO. But yeah, nothing spectacular or worth all the hoopla I see on the DIS

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
My family and I have had dinner a few times at Chef Mickey's and each time it was a good experience.

NJRA
07-10-2009, 11:25 PM
We loved CM dinner last time we were there. We are going back again this Sept.:goodvibes

ktlm
07-10-2009, 11:48 PM
We did CP (lunch), 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's in May. We thought CP was great, 1900 mediocre but edible, and Chef Mickey's completely disgusting with the exception of the salads and desserts which were great (except for the soft serve ice cream which was soup- my 3 year old wouldn't even touch it). The restaurant was really dirty too. The characters were great. If we ever go to Chef Mickey's again, it will be breakfast.

MickeyNicki
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
The characters were great but the food was terrible...we prefer breakfast