PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out, World! Dawn & Mel in da (Mouse) House!~~ New 8/31 ~~

HomeschoolMama
07-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome to my PTR!

I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my hunny. This will be our first DVC trip and our first trip alone in 13 years! I am so excited about having some time alone. I can't even imagine what it'll be like to talk without interruption and sit quietly and enjoy the atmosphere! :lmao:

So, the details as it stands are:
Where: Sarasota Springs
When: Wed., Sept. 23rd (hubby's Bday) - Sat., Sept. 26th
Who: Me (Dawn) & the hubby (K), Mel & NotBob
(Bob isn't Bob. Mel calls him Bob on the DIS. He's NOTBob. Get it?)

Who's not coming? Our three adorable, yet extremely loud, children: B (DD12), C, (DD8), & A (DS6.5)

:yay:

Handy Dandy Links:
The Decision (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32653128&postcount=2)

Mama Likes a Deal (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32655271&postcount=5)

Let's Start Planning (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32666546&postcount=22)

Drumroll Please... (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32695975&postcount=26)

People Like to Hug Mel (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32696081&postcount=27)

Same/Different (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32696529&postcount=31)

"Walking" Around the World with Dawn (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32781637&postcount=45)

Dawn's first day (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33320715&postcount=59)

Mel's first day (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33325016&postcount=63)

Dawn's second day (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33329584&postcount=64)

Mel's second day (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33378256&postcount=71)

Dawn's third day, part one (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33384696&postcount=73)

HomeschoolMama
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
This decision was made pretty easily... like all trips I start planning to Disney! ;)

This year we went to Disney on my birthday in March. In 2010 we plan on going back in March, but it won't be on my actual birthday. While we were talking about the March trip, K "complained" that we always go on my birthday and not his. That sounds like an invitation to plan a trip for his birthday to me! :rotfl:

So, obviously, it doesn't take much to encourage me. But we really wouldn't just up and go, but we have a rebate coming to us for replacing our old air conditioners with new, moe efficient air conditioners. We had planned on spending the money on the house since we just moved, but we have years to do that, right? :laughing: The tile's not THAT ugly... :rolleyes:

We just sent our DVC contract back a week ago and will soon be the proud owners of 160 points worth of Bay Lake Towers. The March trip only uses 240 of the points we're getting, so what's a little 42 point trip?

Hedy
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm in (first!)
Happy birthday to K-my uncle and cat were born on the 23rd.

askelton
07-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I told Mitch the cruise we went on in April was for his birthday. ;) Whatever works, right? :thumbsup2 You certainly deserve an adults only trip.

HomeschoolMama
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
When we fly to Florida we always use Southwest. I have never gotten a rate lower than $99 each way. It's so expensive, that it's part of the reason we don't go to Disney very often.

After hearing several of my friends talk about Airtran, and finding a link that was posted for a $25 Airtran voucher, I was really excited about saving some money! :banana:

I got the voucher sent to four different e-mails in our family and booked two one way flights for two. That way I was able to use vouchers each way. I thought Airtran might not have as good of deals for a one-way flight, but that's not the case.

So, here's the link if anyone else needs it.
Airtran $25 Vouchers (http://airtran.com/sunshine/)
Book by 10/31, travel by 12/18

mrsksomeday
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I am here too! Looks like you will have a great time. I am curious to read how you are going to tell him.

HomeschoolMama
07-10-2009, 08:19 PM
I'm in (first!)
Happy birthday to K-my uncle and cat were born on the 23rd.How funny! :laughing: Glad to have you!

I told Mitch the cruise we went on in April was for his birthday. ;) Whatever works, right? :thumbsup2 You certainly deserve an adults only trip.Thanks for stopping by, Angela! :hug:

I am here too! Looks like you will have a great time. I am curious to read how you are going to tell him. I just decided that today... It's going to be great. I love to do things up. :rolleyes1

Raecheal
07-10-2009, 08:39 PM
:surfweb: I"m in!!!

I love the idea that you and your dh will be taking a birthday trip just the two of you and that it's a surprise!!!

I can't wait to read about the rest of your plans!!

jcc0621
07-10-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm here:yay: Can't wait, expecially since I enabled

...ahem helped you make the deciision:rolleyes1

debraW76
07-10-2009, 10:28 PM
yay! I love surprise trips!!

KatGarcia
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm so in. I LOVE surprises!!!

1Princess1Prince2006
07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
:wave: Hi Dawn! Sounds like it will be a great trip!

Muffinygood
07-10-2009, 11:46 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

HEY! What's going on over here?

Are you going to introduce me?

LMBO.

MEL:banana:

jcc0621
07-11-2009, 10:08 AM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

HEY! What's going on over here?

Are you going to introduce me?

LMBO.

So do I need to enable....

ahem...

help you make a decision too:rolleyes1

Muffinygood
07-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Too late, Janet....

Thank you for flying AirTran Airways.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please
call 1-800-AIR-TRAN.

Confirmation number: C37***

Passengers:
Mel
Not Bob
Somewhere, MI

Flight Information:
Should our flight schedule change, we will notify you by email as early as possible.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Departing: 7:02 a.m.
Arriving: 9:38 a.m.

DANG DAWN...........

LOL:banana:

jcc0621
07-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Too late, Janet....

Thank you for flying AirTran Airways.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please
call 1-800-AIR-TRAN.

Passengers:
Mel
Not Bob
Somewhere, MI

Flight Information:
Should our flight schedule change, we will notify you by email as early as possible.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Departing: 7:02 a.m.
Arriving: 9:38 a.m.

DANG DAWN...........

LOL:banana:

:dance3::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

askelton
07-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm here:yay: Can't wait, expecially since I enabled

...ahem helped you make the deciision:rolleyes1
:rotfl2:

Passengers:
Mel
Not Bob
Somewhere, MI

Whoohooty! :dance3: How long are you staying and where's the link to your PTR? :goodvibes

DisneyJo
07-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Hurry up and tell us your plans Dawn, have any special meets planned? :rolleyes1 :yay:

Disneyland_Mama
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm in... be back later to catch up!

T. :goodvibes

Muffinygood
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Uh-uh. No way. :sad: I am NOT doing a TR... This is all Dawn's idea. She can do it. :thumbsup2

So far, all I have is that we arrive in Orlando at 9:30 am on Wednesday. We'll meet up with whomever is available on Thursday night for dinner and then possible drinks/snacks at Raglan Road around 6 pm and then Friday we'll be at breakfast and then off to Epcot for most of the day. We have to catch ME from SSR at about 5:30 pm Friday to return home.

Dawn will be doing the BIG reveals on where/when/who/what etc. Don't wanna steal her thunder.

Mel :banana:

HomeschoolMama
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks for coming by, everyone!

I'll try to write some more tonight. This is on the DL, remember? It's hard to write when hubby's around!

Don't rush me! Geez... ;)

HomeschoolMama
07-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Oh, what to do? What to do?:scratchin

Time to make some ADRS! :idea:

I knew I wanted to plan a nice dinner. K's bday is the actual travel date, so I started trying to find somewhere to eat. There isn't a lot left when it's less than 3 months until your trip.

My choices were Kona, Cali Grill, or Narcossee's at 8:50pm. Wishes is at 8pm that night, so I wasn't really into that late of a dinner.

I ended up with an ADR at 6:10pm for Grand Floridian Cafe. The steak looks good and I knew that's what hubby would order. :thumbsup2

As I was flitting around on the computer, I realized that my good friend, and favorite Disney Mom's Panel Member, DisneyJo would be in town from across the pond the same weekend we would be in town! :yay: I shot her an e-mail asking her if she wanted to get together. We decided on a Kona breakffast and invited Angela too.

It's a date!!!:woohoo:

Disneyland_Mama
07-11-2009, 06:37 PM
As I was flitting around on the computer, I realized that my good friend, and favorite Disney Mom's Panel Member, DisneyJo would be in town from across the pond the same weekend we would be in town! :yay: I shot her an e-mail asking her if she wanted to get together. We decided on a Kona breakffast and invited Angela too.

Ahhhh... the Fockers descend on the Polynesian once again! :woohoo:

Sounds like a fantastic trip, Dawn! I'm sure K's going to just love it! :goodvibes

KatGarcia
07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Awesome that you , Jo & Angela are havijng breakfast together!!! Think they will serve you Lapu's? :rotfl:

DisneyJo
07-12-2009, 06:02 AM

Woooohooooo I'm so excited to be meeting you at long last :hug:

HomeschoolMama
07-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Introducing... Mel!!!!!

Tah-dah!!!!
She's been begging me to introduce her. So, this is Mel and me enjoying a beverage in Epcot.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z237/HomeschoolMama23/Disney204.jpg

She's my buddy. We met on the boards here and Mel loved me so much she flew to WDW to meet me and the family in March. We spent 4 days of heaven together skipping and holding hands. :rotfl: We ate gummy worms in the tunnels of Three Cabarreros... :lovestruc
She loves my family, so she's on my BFFs list now. She earned it. :cutie:

When I decided to go to WDW, I instantly texted Mel to see if her and Bob would like to join us.
I'm happy to say that they are, and I'm expecting her to help me here.

So, post away, Mel-ita! :banana:

Muffinygood
07-13-2009, 09:01 PM
HEY! That's me!

(Oh, and Dawn too.....)

She's right. I flew to WDW in March (after just returning from a family visit in late January) so that I could meet Dawn. Her family is so wonderful. So amazing! So gorgeous! I adore her children. I also adore her husband. He didn't want to hug me when we met. He did though. Many, many times. LOL.
I'm like that. People meet me and they just want to HUG me. It's true. :confused3

So, anyway. I asked NotBob if he wanted to fly to FL in September and meet my friends. He's pretty supportive and hardly ever says, "No" about stuff unless he HAS to. So, he was up for it.
Mainly it was the "drinking around the World" that won him over though.

Have I told this story? When NotBob and I were there in January with my two boys he attempted the "drink around the world." In an hour. :rotfl2:
It wasn't pretty. I was afraid I'd have to carry him to the Disney Bus.

This trip will be much better.
We'll have all day to drink around the world.
What's your favorite drink in the World Showcase?

Let us know and it will go on the list.

Muffinygood
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
I held hands with C, B and even A. I did NOT hold hands with Dawn.

Just so you know.

MEL:rolleyes1

HomeschoolMama
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Let us know and it will go on the list.

Yes, because we want to be fair to everyone. We're generous that way. :tongue:

HomeschoolMama
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I held hands with C, B and even A. I did NOT hold hands with Dawn.

Just so you know.

MEL:rolleyes1
Liar. :cool2:

Muffinygood
07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Ways that Dawn and Mel are alike....

1. We both like tea in the morning.
2. we are both ladies of leisure. (LB's)
3. I can't go to sleep after watching something scary without seeing something funny or
light-hearted for 5 mins or so. Dawn too!
4. OCD. Yeah.
5. Love Disney. (Dawn too, obviously)
6. Neither of us can stand mispellings, typographical errors and bad punctuation.
7. We both married sweet guys. Good thing.
8. Can't stand Riuniti.
9. would rather eat at PF Changs than almost anywhere
10. Go "off duty" in Mom-land at 8 pm every evening. (That's 9pm EST)
11. We both LOVE scallops

Ways that Dawn and Mel are different....

1. I hate dogs
2. I don't go to church. My mother told me it would fall in on me. LOL
3. Dawn's a yeller. I'm a door slammer.
4. Freaky Friday is just a movie at Dawn's house. LMBO.
5. Texas. Michigan. Not alike.
6. Dawn says "Y'all" and "All Y'all"
7. She can dance.
8. She has a brother. I have a sister. They're both PITA's though, so maybe that's an "alike?"
9. I'm afraid of sharks. She's afraid of trees.
10. I cook.
11. Her hair is curly.

We're different but we're still friends. However, if she liked Riuniti that would probably be a deal breaker.

MEL

DisneyJo
07-14-2009, 04:03 AM
You guys are too funny, so can I still be your friend even though I don't drink tea???? ;) :rotfl:

jcc0621
07-14-2009, 08:35 AM
And how about me since I am such a terrible typer:wizard:

BTW: My drink for Mel's travels around the world is......

the monster beer everyone had at Fockerfest least year. You know the one Mel, the huge one. I think the mug was bigger than my head. :rotfl2:

HomeschoolMama
07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
You guys are too funny, so can I still be your friend even though I don't drink tea???? ;) :rotfl:Of course, Jo! We love you! :goodvibes
I like hot tea, but I like coffee in the morning better. Cold tea is what I'm always drinking. It's 104 here. We don't do hot right now! :rotfl:

BTW: My drink for Mel's travels around the world is......

the monster beer everyone had at Fockerfest least year. You know the one Mel, the huge one. I think the mug was bigger than my head. :rotfl2:We love you too, Janet! :goodvibes

Good drink choice! :lmao:

HomeschoolMama
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry for all the name changes and adding to the intro, etc.

With Mel and Bob coming on the trip, things are certain to get crazy fun, so I wanted to make sure and add them. Now we're settled! :thumbsup2

jcc0621
07-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Cold tea is what I'm always drinking. It's 104 here. We don't do hot right now! :rotfl:

104 :faint: Yes, but is it sweet tea?

We love you too, Janet! :goodvibes

Good drink choice! :lmao:

:hug: and ::yes:: Let's put it this way, Jim who is 6 ft and 200 hundred pounds was feeling no pain after rinking 2/3's of it. Would you like me to post the picture of flat Dawn with said beer mug?;)

Disneyland_Mama
07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
We're different but we're still friends. However, if she liked Riuniti that would probably be a deal breaker.
MEL

But it tastes so good! Ruiniti's so nice. :teeth:

KatGarcia
07-14-2009, 02:03 PM
This is gonna be toooo funny!

I am putting in a galss of Rosa Regale from Italy

or

The Peach Snap from the tea cart in China

Muffinygood
07-14-2009, 06:39 PM
You guys are too funny, so can I still be your friend even though I don't drink tea???? ;) :rotfl:
Yes. We have made an exception for you only. If any other PRETEND Brits come along though, they are not allowed in. :snooty:

the monster beer everyone had at Fockerfest least year. You know the one Mel, the huge one. I think the mug was bigger than my head. :rotfl2:
Janet, your typos are one of the things we love about you. :love:
Oh! Fabulous. So, right outta the gate, I'm wasted? LMBO :scared1:

:hug: and ::yes:: Let's put it this way, Jim who is 6 ft and 200 hundred pounds was feeling no pain after rinking 2/3's of it. Would you like me to post the picture of flat Dawn with said beer mug?;)
Bob had that beer too. :scared1:

But it tastes so good! Ruiniti's so nice. :teeth:
No Riuniti. Ewwwwwww.
Is that your vote? They don't serve that at WDW. :sad2:

This is gonna be toooo funny!

I am putting in a galss of Rosa Regale from Italy

or

The Peach Snap from the tea cart in China
Are you saying that me *attempting* this will be funny?
:rolleyes1
Yeah. It probably will.

Dawn and I are working on a chart to keep track of the drinks and who requested what.
Ok, I'm working on it.
Dawn's tired.

La la la la la la la la.....

So, where are the rest of you?

jcc0621
07-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Yes. We have made an exception for you only. If any other PRETEND Brits come along though, they are not allowed in. :snooty:

Janet, your typos are one of the things we love about you. :love:
Oh! Fabulous. So, right outta the gate, I'm wasted? LMBO :scared1:

Bob had that beer too. :scared1:

:lmao:

Dawn and I are working on a chart to keep track of the drinks and who requested what.
Ok, I'm working on it.

Oh you must post when it is done:thumbsup2

Disneyland_Mama
07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
No Riuniti. Ewwwwwww.
Is that your vote? They don't serve that at WDW. :sad2:

You missed my funny. :headache: Don't you remember the Riuniti commercial? :confused3

I vote for a tequila shot, you know 'cause I'm brown and all and need you to represent for me and 'da hood! :teeth:

jcc0621
07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I vote for a tequila shot, you know 'cause I'm brown and all and need you to represent for me and 'da hood! :teeth:

Yeah, cause you're so gangsta:lmao:

HomeschoolMama
07-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh you must post when it is done:thumbsup2We (Mel) will. :thumbsup2

You missed my funny. :headache: Don't you remember the Riuniti commercial? :confused3
She does. That's why we talked about it. She's not all there sometimes... :lmao: It's the kid that slept over the other night. He zapped her brain. ;)

Yeah, cause you're so gangsta:lmao::rotfl2: We'll represent you in da hood, but we're not goin' anywhere near the hood. Got it? :rotfl:

debraW76
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
You girls are hysterical!! Love the like/different list. Please don't disown me but

are you sitting down

I have never had a drink in EPCOT

Muffinygood
07-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Dawn's not a walker. She and I had the following conversation tonight on the phone:

Dawn: We can have drinks/appetizers at Downtown Disney and then take the boat because Saratoga is so close. That's good, right!?

MEL: We can drunk walk back to SSR.

Dawn: No walking! I am NOT walking anywhere with you this trip!!!! Remember when we went to the Poly and walked from the Grand Floridian? B said it was REALLY REALLY far! It was awful. We're not doing it.

MEL: It's not that far.

Dawn: *&%#$ it is too! I am not walking.

MEL: Uh, I guess we could take the monorail.

Dawn: Ok, Jo.

LOL LOL LOL

See, we can disagree like this because we're friends. She knows that I'll hang with her no matter HOW she wants me to get there. Walk, boat, bus, monorail, train, plane, jungle cruise boat, clam-mobile, rocketship, doom buggy. I'm gonna be there.

So, we're probably going to be spending alot of time on the monorail. Going around and around that dang "resort hotel" loop to get to the Polynesian. But, I'm not bitter.

Dawn, when should we discuss how we'll get to Epcot? I want to ride the monorail from the Poly to the MK. Then we can ride a bus to Wilderness Campground's 3rd internal bus stop, rent a golf cart to drive to the lake boat rental area where we can take the MK/WC/WL boat to the MK, grab the ferry to the TTC, get a monorail to Epcot and grab a cab to take us to the Boardwalk and walk in the International Gateway. Does this sound okay to you?

It might involve some walking....

ROFL:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ooh.....NotBob says we should parasail too. Yeah, that's gonna happen. :sad2:

HomeschoolMama
07-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Nope. Not gonna do it....

We'll take the monorail to the TeeTeeC :lmao: and go to Epcot on the Monorail. If I have to show some leg to get a ride on a golf cart to the World Showcase, I will. Maybe you could show them your Lapus? :rolleyes1

debraW76
07-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Dawn, when should we discuss how we'll get to Epcot? I want to ride the monorail from the Poly to the MK. Then we can ride a bus to Wilderness Campground's 3rd internal bus stop, rent a golf cart to drive to the lake boat rental area where we can take the MK/WC/WL boat to the MK, grab the ferry to the TTC, get a monorail to Epcot and grab a cab to take us to the Boardwalk and walk in the International Gateway. Does this sound okay to you?

We'll take the monorail to the TeeTeeC :lmao: and go to Epcot on the Monorail. If I have to show some leg to get a ride on a golf cart to the World Showcase, I will. Maybe you could show them your Lapus? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

jcc0621
07-20-2009, 06:26 PM
I have never had a drink in EPCOT

I have only once...a blue glowtini

What? Are you Jo?

T - Please confirm

Dawn: *&%#$ it is too! I am not walking.

Good girl!:thumbsup2

You owe me a keyboard for this one:rotfl2:

DisneyJo
07-25-2009, 04:10 PM
DTD to SSR isn't very far, good idea :thumbsup2

Dawn: No walking! I am NOT walking anywhere with you this trip!!!! Remember when we went to the Poly and walked from the Grand Floridian? B said it was REALLY REALLY far! It was awful. We're not doing it.
WHAT???? Poly to the GF is just a short stroll :confused:

Exactly :thumbsup2

Hey :headache: I'm going off you ;):rotfl2::hug:

What? Are you Jo? Hey :headache: :rotfl2:

lazydoxy66
08-17-2009, 01:31 AM
OK, I finally show up and nobody is home!!!??? Ain't that the way it goes!

Drink a Grand Marnier for me please. I don't think they have any Riuniti in them.

It's good that you 2 are getting there just before Rockie and I. They will be used to the crazy antics of women with drinks and no inhibitions. :rotfl:;)

HomeschoolMama
08-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I know, Kristel... It was dead here, so we abanded ship. :rolleyes1

We're glad we can pave the way... :lmao:

Muffinygood
08-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Blah....I didn't abandon ship. I've been here. I come here, sit all day waiting for someone to show up and then I cry.
:sad1:
Lonely, lonely Mel.....

I'm going to make a chart. This is what will be on it.
1. Drinks suggested
2. person who drinks them (Dawn, Kirt, Mel or Bob)
3. Who suggested the drink
4. Where the drink is purchased
5. Opinions on the taste, presentation, size of drink and outfits worn by people serving, imbibing or loitering near the drink location.
6. Cost of drink

Can you think of anything else we should have on there?

lazydoxy66
08-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I want to know when you are drinking. "How many drinks does it take to get to the center of hilarity? 1.......2..........3....... " :lmao:

The who is good. My Grand Marnier was served by a cute, 6' tall, dark haired, somewhat tanned, French, 20-something male. Oh and he had a great smile. Of course I didn't let Doug see me taking notes. :rolleyes1

HomeschoolMama
08-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Blah....I didn't abandon ship. I've been here. I come here, sit all day waiting for someone to show up and then I cry.
:sad1:
Lonely, lonely Mel.....

I'm going to make a chart. This is what will be on it.
1. Drinks suggested
2. person who drinks them (Dawn, Kirt, Mel or Bob)
3. Who suggested the drink
4. Where the drink is purchased
5. Opinions on the taste, presentation, size of drink and outfits worn by people serving, imbibing or loitering near the drink location.
6. Cost of drink

Can you think of anything else we should have on there?

MEL:banana:Too much time on your hands? :sad2:

Go make me some blueberry french toast, woman!:cloud9:

lazydoxy66
08-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Too much time on your hands? :sad2:

Go make me some blueberry french toast, woman!:cloud9:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

debraW76
08-22-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm still here. Just haven't had time to catch up on my TRs in a while.

DisneyJo
08-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Only 4 and a bit weeks left girls, tell us your plans :yay:

lazydoxy66
08-25-2009, 11:29 PM
popcorn::

HomeschoolMama
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
So, since Mel's probably passed out about now, I'll update with our plans... ;)

Tuesday, Sept. 22nd-
After Kirt gets home we will take the kids to Grandma's and the dogs to the other grandma's house. Our plan is to stay overnight since our flight leaves super early Wednesday morning. :thumbsup2

Wednesday, Sept. 23rd-
KIRT's Bday!!! :yay:
We flight out super early and land about 2pm.
After we check-in at Saratoga Springs (our first DVC stay!!!), we are going to run to Magic Kingdom to get Kirt's bday gift card.

For dinner we have reservations at The Wave. Kirt wanted a steak and we thought it would be fun to wander around the Contemporary a bit. We've never been inside of it, and since BLT is our home resort, it seemed like a good idea.

After dinner, we're meeting Mel and Darren at the Poly for Lapus and Wishes! I can't wait to meet Mellie's hubby and let the guys meet. I know this vacation wil be a total blast with them along!

Coming up... Thursday- Saturday's plans

DisneyJo
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Sounds fantastic Dawn, so what will Kirt spend his gift card on?

HomeschoolMama
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Sounds fantastic Dawn, so what will Kirt spend his gift card on?Beer? No, I don't know. I know there was an awesome Lego set he wanted in March but refused to pay $50 for it. I'll have to tell you all after the trip, I guess. :cutie:

lazydoxy66
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
Woohoo!

Looks good so far.

Muffinygood
08-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm checking in to update my first day also.

Our flight arrives in Orlando on Wednesday at about 10 am. I had the exact same flight when I was there in March with Dawn and her family. I believe it took until about 11:15 or so before we arrived at CSR. The same will probably be true of SSR. By the time we exit the plane, get our bags, hit the potty, take the mini-monorail over to the terminal, find the ME people, and get the bus to SSR it's bound to be close to 11.

We'll check in, though I doubt very much that we'll have a room ready for us that early. At least, I've never had one ready that early before.

The plan WAS for Darren and I to have dinner at 7:45 pm at Bluezoo. That is the new Todd English rest. over at the Swolphin (thanks T). We love his place in The Mirage in Vegas so we wanted to try this one. HOWEVER..... the discount (Tables in Wonderland) isn't accepted at any of the Swolphin food places. :confused3
They also don't use the DDP. That's a real bummer for me. I don't plan on using the DDP, but we LOVE our TiW card. It's good on booze! :worship: So, now the plan is to get dinner at SSR after a nice, relaxing afternoon around the pool or hot tub. Darren loves their buffalo chicken flatbreads.

Then we'll meet Kirt and Dawn over at the Poly for drinks and Wishes! That's day one.

Have any of you guys been to Bluezoo yet? Are we going to kick ourselves for missing it?

MEL

HomeschoolMama
08-27-2009, 08:49 AM
Thursday, Sept. 24th
Since this is Kirt's birthday trip, I let him pick which park we were going to on Thursday. He chose Hollywood Studios. I'm looking forward to all the shows and rides we can do without the kids. I think it's a good choice. :thumbsup2

Sadly, Mel & Darren aren't going to join us that day at the parks. We do have plans to meet up and eat at Raglan Road for dinner. Mel & Dawn needs them some scah-llops! :cloud9:

After dinner, I'm hoping we're not too tired to hang around and listen to some music and get Mel tipsy enough that she starts a conga line. :lmao:

Muffinygood
08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Conga-Conga-Conga:banana::banana:Conga-Conga-Conga:banana:Conga-Conga-Conga:banana:

HomeschoolMama
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM

TheDISneyFamily
08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Wednesday, Sept. 23rd-
KIRT's Bday!!! :yay:
We flight out super early and land about 2pm.
After we check-in at Saratoga Springs (our first DVC stay!!!), we are going to run to Magic Kingdom to get Kirt's bday gift card.

For dinner we have reservations at The Wave. Kirt wanted a steak and we thought it would be fun to wander around the Contemporary a bit. We've never been inside of it, and since BLT is our home resort, it seemed like a good idea.

After dinner, we're meeting Mel and Darren at the Poly for Lapus and Wishes! I can't wait to meet Mellie's hubby and let the guys meet. I know this vacation wil be a total blast with them along!

Coming up... Thursday- Saturday's plans

Hi Dawn! :goodvibes Sounds like you guys have a fun trip planned! You and Mel are too cute together! :goodvibes I'm sure the men-folk will get along great as well and you all will have an awesome time. :dance3: Congrats on your 1st DVC stay! Definitely check out BLT while you are there. Your (our ;)) home resort is amazing! :cloud9: We just had dinner at the Wave a few weeks ago - it was delicious! Yum! Oh, and tell your DH Happy Birthday! What a great place to celebrate! :yay: Also, :thumbsup2 on him spending his B-day gift card on Legos - my son & DH are BIG into Legos & spend a good amount of time in the DTD Lego store! LOL! :rotfl:

Cheers!
Michelle

TheDISneyFamily
08-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey everyone!

I'm checking in to update my first day also.

Our flight arrives in Orlando on Wednesday at about 10 am. I had the exact same flight when I was there in March with Dawn and her family. I believe it took until about 11:15 or so before we arrived at CSR. The same will probably be true of SSR. By the time we exit the plane, get our bags, hit the potty, take the mini-monorail over to the terminal, find the ME people, and get the bus to SSR it's bound to be close to 11.

We'll check in, though I doubt very much that we'll have a room ready for us that early. At least, I've never had one ready that early before.

The plan WAS for Darren and I to have dinner at 7:45 pm at Bluezoo. That is the new Todd English rest. over at the Swolphin (thanks T). We love his place in The Mirage in Vegas so we wanted to try this one. HOWEVER..... the discount (Tables in Wonderland) isn't accepted at any of the Swolphin food places. :confused3
They also don't use the DDP. That's a real bummer for me. I don't plan on using the DDP, but we LOVE our TiW card. It's good on booze! :worship: So, now the plan is to get dinner at SSR after a nice, relaxing afternoon around the pool or hot tub. Darren loves their buffalo chicken flatbreads.

Then we'll meet Kirt and Dawn over at the Poly for drinks and Wishes! That's day one.

Have any of you guys been to Bluezoo yet? Are we going to kick ourselves for missing it?

MEL

Hi Mel! :goodvibes I hate to tell you, but I LOVE BlueZoo! :lovestruc Although, it is very expensive, especially since like you said, there aren't any discounts. :sad2: We try to go at least once every other trip. They have a two-pound Maine "Cantonese" Lobster that is simply awesome. :cloud9: I usually split it with one of the kids. The decor is really cool as well. I'd say it's worth it to try it at least once - maybe not on this trip, but definitely try it sometime. :thumbsup2

ncsjodi
08-29-2009, 08:37 PM
:woohoo: Woo Hoo!!! :woohoo:

I made it over here before the trip was over! Hopefully I can keep up with the two of you! :yay:

DisneyJo
08-30-2009, 03:11 PM
So when are you getting to your Friday plans? popcorn::

Muffinygood
08-30-2009, 09:59 PM
There goes JO, jumping the gun. :lmao: I haven't even done my Thursday plans....silly!

Thursday....Sept. 24th

So far I don't have anything on my schedule except for Raglan Road with Dawn and Kirt for SCAH-LOPS. (I don't say it wrong. They "grow" them in N. England for Pete's sake. I mean, if I'm not saying it right, than who is????) :confused3

I think Thursday we'll spend time meeting up with 2 special girls from FL.... I can't say more though....I've been sworn to secrecy. Really. Not a peep. I promised. Can't do it. :sad2:

Wouldn't be prudent. :rolleyes1

Nope. :cool2:

Can't. :snooty:

Sooooooo, anyway. If we somehow end up with a cash windfall, (Uh, unlikely) we'll get park tix for Thursday and tag along to Hollywood Studios with Dawn and Kirt.
If not, we'll probably spend some time in the pool and then maybe go play putt-putt. I love the Fantasia Golf. It's the best!!!! It's the only golf I'm good at. Really, having large (dare I say, BODACIOUS???) tah-tahs really inhibits the golfing. Know what I'm sayin'? Anyone?

So, today we decided to "smuggle" some booze in the suitcases. Gonna have to check those babies. I don't want to pay Disney booze prices. It's like buying a kidney on the Black Market. (Actually, a kidney might be cheaper than a Lapu. I'll have to check on that.)

Ok, I'm going now.

Michelle: Thanks for the Bluezoo recommendation! We WILL get there! :thumbsup2

Jodi: Bout time...LOL :lovestruc

Kristel: Hi :wave2:

HomeschoolMama
08-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi Dawn! :goodvibes Sounds like you guys have a fun trip planned! You and Mel are too cute together! :goodvibes I'm sure the men-folk will get along great as well and you all will have an awesome time. :dance3: Congrats on your 1st DVC stay! Definitely check out BLT while you are there. Your (our ;)) home resort is amazing! :cloud9: We just had dinner at the Wave a few weeks ago - it was delicious! Yum! Oh, and tell your DH Happy Birthday! What a great place to celebrate! :yay: Also, :thumbsup2 on him spending his B-day gift card on Legos - my son & DH are BIG into Legos & spend a good amount of time in the DTD Lego store! LOL!
Cheers!
MichelleHi Michelle!!! Are you doing a report on your BLT trip?

I'm glad to hear the Wave is a good choice for Kirt's bday dinner. I'm excited to have a nice meal alone. :cloud9:

:woohoo: Woo Hoo!!! :woohoo:

I made it over here before the trip was over! Hopefully I can keep up with the two of you! :yay:I'm so glad you're hear, Jodi! :hug: Coming out of hiding for us. We're so lucky! :goodvibes

So when are you getting to your Friday plans? popcorn:::snooty: Why? You think we have something special planned? :flower3:

Thursday....Sept. 24th

So far I don't have anything on my schedule except for Raglan Road with Dawn and Kirt for SCAH-LOPS. (I don't say it wrong. They "grow" them in N. England for Pete's sake. I mean, if I'm not saying it right, than who is????) :confused3

I think Thursday we'll spend time meeting up with 2 special girls from FL.... I can't say more though....I've been sworn to secrecy. Really. Not a peep. I promised. Can't do it. :sad2:

Wouldn't be prudent. :rolleyes1

Nope. :cool2:

Can't. :snooty:

Sooooooo, anyway. If we somehow end up with a cash windfall, (Uh, unlikely) we'll get park tix for Thursday and tag along to Hollywood Studios with Dawn and Kirt.
If not, we'll probably spend some time in the pool and then maybe go play putt-putt. I love the Fantasia Golf. It's the best!!!! It's the only golf I'm good at. Really, having large (dare I say, BODACIOUS???) tah-tahs really inhibits the golfing. Know what I'm sayin'? Anyone?

So, today we decided to "smuggle" some booze in the suitcases. Gonna have to check those babies. I don't want to pay Disney booze prices. It's like buying a kidney on the Black Market. (Actually, a kidney might be cheaper than a Lapu. I'll have to check on that.)

MEL:banana::sad2: I can't believe you said bodacious tah-tahs on our PTR. So tacky... :lmao:

Well, all I know is that if you get busted sneaking booze around, we don't know you. :rolleyes1

HomeschoolMama
08-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Friday, September 25th-

Bright and early Friday morning we have a date with puffy toast and friends! :yay: We're meeting Mel, Bob, Angela, Jo and her sister for breakfast.

I can not wait! I've been lucky enough to met Angela in March on our last trip, but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jo (DisneyJo) yet. We've been chatting on-line here at the DIS for a few years now, and I've always considered her one of my favorite friends. :lovestruc

After breakfast we're going to TAKE THE MONORAIL to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival. I have always wanted to go to Disney for Food & Wine Festival, so this was a perfect opportunity to go with out the kids.

As I was planning this trip, I was especially excited that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will be playing while we are in EPCOT. My hunny loves BBVD and swing music.

More on Friday later... :rolleyes:

askelton
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
After breakfast we're going to TAKE THE MONORAIL
:rotfl:

lazydoxy66
08-31-2009, 11:40 PM
You 2 are going to have a blast. I can't believe I am missing you by 1 day!

(Mel I can't get used to seeing "Darren" instead of Not-Bob.) :lmao:

From one chesty gal to another - Amen! Sports of any kind and too much on the upper torso doesn't work.

Smuggling booze???!!!! I read nut-ing! :rolleyes1

Dawn tell me something, do you like doing some planning that does not include the kids??? :rotfl2:

DisneyJo
09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
There goes JO, jumping the gun. :lmao: I haven't even done my Thursday plans....silly! Well get a move on, the trip will be here before you know it :rotfl2: Oh and apparently I say scallops the same way you do :thumbsup2

:snooty: Why? You think we have something special planned? :flower3: Maybe :snooty: :rotfl2:

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Jo (DisneyJo) yet. We've been chatting on-line here at the DIS for a few years now, and I've always considered her one of my favorite friends. :lovestruc Awwwww, can't wait to meet you too :goodvibes

After breakfast we're going to TAKE THE MONORAIL to Epcot for Food & Wine Festival. But remember you can walk from the Poly to the T&TTC to save time ;):rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

HomeschoolMama
09-01-2009, 09:01 AM
:rotfl::rolleyes:

You 2 are going to have a blast. I can't believe I am missing you by 1 day!

(Mel I can't get used to seeing "Darren" instead of Not-Bob.) :lmao:

From one chesty gal to another - Amen! Sports of any kind and too much on the upper torso doesn't work.

Smuggling booze???!!!! I read nut-ing! :rolleyes1

Dawn tell me something, do you like doing some planning that does not include the kids??? :rotfl2:Is it obvious I'm exited to have Kirt all to myself for once? :lovestruc

Well get a move on, the trip will be here before you know it :rotfl2: Oh and apparently I say scallops the same way you do :thumbsup2I hope so!!!! :yay::yay:

But remember you can walk from the Poly to the T&TTC to save time ;):rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm guessing after the late night Mel has planned for us, and the early morning to meet all of you, I may need an ECV to get around! :lmao:

DisneyJo
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
So have you booked your ECV yet? ;) :rotfl:

lazydoxy66
09-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Do they have any ECVs in bright green?

TheDISneyFamily
09-08-2009, 03:12 PM
You guys will have to make sure you stop by and visit my daughter, Jordan! She's a CM on the Disney College Program. PM me & I'll tell you where you can find her. ;)

DisneyJo
09-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Michelle I'll be at Epcot on the Sunday, let me know :thumbsup2

Muffinygood
09-10-2009, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone!

The plan for Friday is this:

We'll meet Jo, Angela, Jo's sister, Dawn, Kirt, Rachel (?), Yani and Z for a delicious breakfast at the Poly. My favorite is the stuffed french toast but every time we go I think about getting the Macadamia Nut Pancakes. They sound so delish!!! Maybe this time I'll get them.

After breakfast we'll walk over to the T&TC. Dawn will be riding the monorail. The trip over to Epcot will be spent discussing the options and food choices at Food and Wine!!! YAY! This is the day I'm most looking forward to.

I know that Yani and Z will be at F&W, and Jo, and hopefully Mooch and Angela too! I downloaded a list of the food and wine choices. There are a few things that I'm DYING to try! The chorizo Quesadillas sound yummy. And the Austria pavillion will have a Spatlasse (sweet white wine) that I'm dying to try!

This is going to be a long day. The park closes at 9 pm and I swear to you up until last night Dawn was trying to talk me into buying MNSSHP tix! Is she nuts or what??!! No way man. :sad2:

In other news, Dawn and I purchased our park tix yesterday. We went with the donation to the Florida Children's Hospital. If you donate, they give you one day, one park tix for your donation ($85-one ticket, $150-two tickets, $300-4 tickets--and you get a $20 or $40 gift card good on food AND BOOZE at Planet Hollywood with your donation of $150 or $300) This works out to a $65 savings when you figure in the g.c. to PH. :thumbsup2 Not to mention, our money is going to a great cause!

So, that's all for now.
I'll be back later to talk about Saturday or answer any questions about F&W......

DisneyJo
09-10-2009, 11:29 AM
But I'll be at the MNSSHP :sad:

HomeschoolMama
09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Dawn will be riding the monorail. Yes, and Kirt... :thumbsup2

I know that Yani and Z will be at F&W, and Jo, and hopefully Mooch and Angela too! Jo will be too? I thought she was going to GF with her sister? :confused3 I hope she is, though! I'd love to see her more. :lovestruc

This is going to be a long day. The park closes at 9 pm and I swear to you up until last night Dawn was trying to talk me into buying MNSSHP tix! Is she nuts or what??!! No way man. :sad2:She didn't want me to see you, Jo... I figure we'll decide that day. If we're tired, we'll skip it, if we want more park time, we'll go over. :wizard:

In other news, Dawn and I purchased our park tix yesterday. No, I purchased mine on Monday. :snooty:

But I'll be at the MNSSHP :sad: :hug: We'll see... I know you'll be busy with your Moms, though. Kirt and I haven't talked about it more. Maybe tonight. :rolleyes:

DisneyJo
09-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Jo will be too? I thought she was going to GF with her sister? :confused3 I hope she is, though! I'd love to see her more. :lovestruc Yup I am and then at 12 I'm off to WWS, need to see if Janet's Dad is working that day or has he retired now?

:hug: We'll see... I know you'll be busy with your Moms, though. Kirt and I haven't talked about it more. Maybe tonight. :rolleyes:
I'm sure I could fit you in too :goodvibes:rotfl2:

lazydoxy66
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Sounds great!

The donation deal is awesome. Free booze is always a ++++++.

I can't wait to try some of the food at F&W either. I printed up the list so that Rockie could take a look at it too. Her palette for the food is not as adventurous as mine. However, I can't touch her curiosity with wine. http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll186/lazydoxy66/Smileys/Party/cheers.gif

jcc0621
09-16-2009, 09:22 AM
OK ladies I am all caught up! All the plans sound great.

Jo = I'm checking with dad to see what his schedule is!

HomeschoolMama
09-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Geez! Who's job is it to update this thing? :rolleyes1

Mel? :rolleyes:

DisneyJo
09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Yup blame Mel, it makes a change for someone else to get the blame ;) :rotfl:

HomeschoolMama
09-18-2009, 05:04 PM
:rotfl:, Jo.
I just can't do it. I don't exactly know what's going on with our plans. Too much stuff is going on in my house right now. I haven't even talked to Kirt about several of the things I wanted to do during the trip. There's just always something going on with the kids and their schedules, which is why I need this trip. ;)

jcc0621
10-01-2009, 09:00 AM
So................are you ever going to start his thing:rolleyes1popcorn::

HomeschoolMama
10-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah... Who's in charge around here? popcorn::

jcc0621
10-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Still waiting........................................... .......:upsidedow

HomeschoolMama
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Sorry, Janet. It's not going to happen. I didn't write anything down or take but 3-4 pics the whole trip. :guilty:

I just needed the break so badly I didn't want to taint it with tying to remember things for my TR. I do know that Mel took some notes. I don't know what her plans were about posting, though. With her surgery today, though, I'm betting she' not going ot be writing anytime soon. :confused3

jcc0621
10-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Sorry, Janet. It's not going to happen. I didn't write anything down or take but 3-4 pics the whole trip. :guilty:

I just needed the break so badly I didn't want to taint it with tying to remember things for my TR. I do know that Mel took some notes. I don't know what her plans were about posting, though. With her surgery today, though, I'm betting she' not going ot be writing anytime soon. :confused3

Oh, ok...you know I am just kidding:hug:

HomeschoolMama
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh, ok...you know I am just kidding:hug:

I know you are... :hug:
I just wanted to put it out there, though since it hadn't been said really here. :surfweb:

lazydoxy66
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I've missed so much. I hope you did have a good time!