PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe DTD vs AK

BebopBaloo
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
First off, do I need reservations for dinner at Rain Forest Cafe? We're heading down next Friday and don't know what day we'll be eating there. We were hoping it could be a "day of" decision. We're going with my parents who are very spur of the moment folk.
I wasn't sure if RFC would be as crowded as other table service places, or not. (I know, it's July, everything will be crowded to some degree!)

Also, has anyone had better experiences at the DTD, or AK RFC? Just curious. Thanks!:goodvibes

Maybelle
07-10-2009, 03:03 PM
Unless you are a Safari club member, I would make a ressie.

We have always eaten at the DTD location, but we have always had a good experience there.

KELLY
07-10-2009, 03:12 PM
I have never had a bad time there at all. But this past April younger dd hated the noise and had a melt down it was bad. She was just crying. When our food came out I asked the waitress if we could get it to go. I felt bad for the people around us but we left asap. The minute we steped outside she was fine.

Connerzmom
07-10-2009, 03:39 PM
I would make a reservation just to be on the safe side. You could make more than one reservation (like I have) if you aren't sure which day you will eat there. I liked the one at DTD but we are trying the one at AK this year (as we wanted a set-down eatery without going to the others at AK).

chabs
07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
If you are eating at the AK Rainforest-especially at an off peak time-you shouldn't have any problem getting in. The DD Rainforest is packed at night-you may end up waiting for a couple of hours without an ADR unless you go before 4pm. I would make one just in case-that way you are covered.

BebopBaloo
07-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone! We'll go ahead and make a reservation just to be safe!