PDA

View Full Version : Cancellation charge? [non character, special meal, pre-paid fee resturants]

mkymouse4ever
07-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Wondering if anyone has gotten a "cancel" fee, for a regular resturant [non character / prepay]? Just did online adr's and that was listed in the info. "A charge may apply if not cancelled / or cancelled late."

I don't plan to miss any, but you never know.:confused3 Something could happen. And how early would you have to cancel to be acceptable?

Thanks, mky:cutie:

disneyvoice
07-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Not quite sure how they could charge you if they don't have your credit card info. I think it might just be a threat to encourage people to call to cancel their ADR if they are not going to make it. I always think it's rude if people don't call to cancel. I understand that sometimes lines in the parks or last minute schedule changes can prevent you from making your ADR but I call even if we decide at the very last minute to cancel because we are too tired, not hungry yet, etc. The CM I speak with is always very appreciative because that will open up a spot for someone waiting who doesn't have an ADR or allow someone who is trying to get an ADR at the last minute to get the restaurant they want. I think this is especially important during free dining and other busy times.

mkymouse4ever
07-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Well they are linked to our reservation so I guess it would be possible.

I would also cancel but there are a few circumstances that can prevent you cancelling in time. I once cancelled a dinner at cinderella's and they argued with me, that not to do it. [before the pre fix meal]. She said it "looked bad" but I told her someone else might want it. She said ok, but I didn't think she cancelled it.:confused3

catne
07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
I think that info has been listed that way for a long time...and seems like even on the phone reservations they always said that (whether or not the reservation was one they actually do charge for no-shows)

Guess they're just covering all the bases in case they would want to start charging for all no-shows everywhere. Can't see that actually happening...but just in case, they are covered. I suspect the Disney legal department keeps very busy coming up with contingency wording like this:rotfl:

TDC Nala
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
All the restaurant pages on the website say this, whether the restaurant charged a no-show fee or not.

Pooh&OurHunny
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Last year, we had CRT breakfast ADR and I cancelled the night before b/c my son was tired and explained to them that I needed my son to sleep in b/c he was starting to get a cold. They were very nice and said that I would not be charged...I called around 4 the day before.

rlovew
07-10-2009, 03:58 PM
The offical policy on the places where you have a credit card hold is 48 hours notice to cancel. As far as I know Dine with An Imagineer, Cinderella Castle, Luau, Hoop De Doo all have these terms. I don't know if anywhere else does.