PDA

View Full Version : Is a 5:40 ADR at Flying Fish too late to make it back to DHS to see Fantasmic?

SeeJackRunn
07-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I wanted to make some last minute changes and I am trying to work with what I have. I would appreciate your opinion!

Poohs Pal
07-10-2009, 09:20 AM
I am not sure what time Fantasmic starts but you will need to arrive early. I love Flying Fish and try to go every visit. With an early reservation you should not have to stand around and wait to be seated. Just arrive 10-15 minutes early. Dining there can take an hour or more from being seated to paying your bill and that is if you are lucky. Then you have to hop a boat over to DHS and walk over to Fanatasmic. I would say you could be 2-3 hours from the time you check in at Flying Fish podiumn until you are seated at Fantasmic. If I had a 5:40 reservation I would hope Fantasmic did not start before 8 or 8:30pm so I did not feel rushed. Susan

Tricia1972
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree, it depends on what time Fatnasmic Starts. Now that they have so few showings, you want to be in line no later than 90 minutes before it starts.

Dining at a popular time at Flying Fish, you could end up waiting to be seated, so allow 10 minutes after ADR time as your planned 'seating' time.

Dinner takes about 1.5-2 hours to enjoy the experience and not feel rushed.

You also need time to get to DHS, I think it's about a half hour walk from there, but I'd double check on the Transportation board to be sure (if nobody chimes in who has done the walk and gives you the info :) )

Using this formula with a 9:00 Fantasmic you'll be ok. Anything earlier and you'll be pushing it IMO.