PDA

View Full Version : Try Boma or Turf Club?

leeann32
07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
I would like opinions on dinner at Boma or Turf Club. Both are new to us and I would like to try one on our AK day. Thanks!:thumbsup2

stace1214
07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
I love Boma!!!! I definitely recommend trying it once. There are so many different things to try, but also a few "American" type foods in case you have any picky eaters with you.

BigMama
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
They both are very good but if you are going to be at AK I would go to Boma

dolphingirl47
07-11-2009, 07:40 AM
We have eaten at both and enjoyed both, but Boma has turned into my favourite onsite restaurant. We would go back to Turf Club, but don't plan to eat there on our upcoming vacation. However, I am hoping to get 3 ADRs for Boma dinner for our 9 night trip.

Corinna

PryncessChrysty
07-11-2009, 07:55 AM
I tend to be a bit pickier than most and I was able to find stuff I liked at Boma. Personally, I wouldn't go running back there, but if you're looking for something to do on your AK day then I would definitely say to go with Boma over Turf Club.

Have fun! :goodvibes

Pakey
07-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Boma has a much larger selection and for adventurous eaters, its a lot of fun. It's also incredibly noisy and hectic, not a relaxing meal.

Turf Club is one of Disney's hidden gems. While not over the top fantastic, the food is good, it's a much quieter place to dine than Boma.

I think the food is better at Boma but the atmosphere is better at Turf Club.

mickeysmate65
07-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Last trip we ate at Boma and Turf Club for the first time. We found we really didn't love the food/flavors at Boma although we are glad we at least tried it once.
We unexpectedly ended up eating at Turf Club twice. We tried different selections each night & thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The first night I wasn't that hungry so I requested a several items that were linked on the menu - appetizer and a side (potato salad) that wasn't listed seperate - they were more than willing to accomodate. The second night I did the same thing with a different selection. We really fell in love with this place & expect it will become a "must do" for us!

anne930
07-11-2009, 11:42 PM
We love both restaurants. Both are somewhat time consuming to get to, though, unless you're going straight from a park. So I would go to whichever one you'll be closest to. We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter this time - to get to the Turf Club, we have to go to Downtown Disney, then take a boat back to Saratoga Springs - but that's the one we're closest to, so we'll probably give it a shot this year. The food is very good!