PDA

View Full Version : Daily Grind- 7/10/09

rlovew
07-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I know Debbie is at the beach and I hope she is having fun so I thought I would start this for us.

Today:
children's church 9am
work on swaps
dinner- grilled chicken and sides
dishes
kitchen counters
fold laundry

Rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
07-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Today I need to pick more blackberries
Figure out how to work the food mill
Make blackberry jam
Clean up the kitchen after my mess making self is done
Finish up laundry before weekend
Make a brownie/peanut butter truffle dessert for the reunion tomorrow
Reheat the Chinese takeout for dinner

DisneyIsTerrific
07-10-2009, 07:05 AM
My day:
Laundry
Help DH clean out the garage
Grocery shopping
Take photos of color swap items I've received and add them to slide show
Sort the photos I picked up at CVS last night
Work on color swap pages

Yesterday while DH and I were on our drive along the beaches of the panhandle, we came across a Michaels in the same area where we ate lunch. I, of course, had to pop in and check in out. That was the nicest Michaels I have ever been in. The guy at check-out told me that it's a prototype store and if it works well the other stores may switch to this design. Let me tell you, the scrapbook section was awesome. It took up the entire middle of the store and instead of having a bunch of long straight aisles, it had a bunch of small L-shaped sections all around a center section that was a classroom type area. And, it was set-up more like an LSS where things are grouped by theme. There was a Disney/cartoon section, wedding section, baby section, school section, etc. I loved it! And, they had more stuff than my Michaels. The only thing I bought were some clearance items that I hadn't ever seen at my store. I sure hope my Michaels designs their store like this!

DisneyIsTerrific
07-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Make a brownie/peanut butter truffle dessert for the reunion tomorrow

May I please have the recipe for this? That sounds like something my guys would :love:

AlexWyattMommy
07-10-2009, 07:18 AM
http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes.aspx/peanut-butter-truffle-brownies

DisneyIsTerrific
07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks AWM! That looks pretty simple to make which is just what I like!:goodvibes

morgansmom2000
07-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Good morning!

My darling baby girl is 9 years old today! ("Darling baby girl" snort, I'll be complaining about her Bratitude in seconds!) :lmao: Where on earth did the time go?

I'm working today. She wants Taco Bell for dinner, and I think we'll pick up a Hunka Chunka PB Fudge roll from Friendly's for her b-day dessert. Num yummy!

And, the SUN is out! OMG, what is that big yellow ball in the sky?! My fingers are crossed for sun sun sun on Sunday, we're having her birthday party at the town pool.

Hope everyone has a great day and super weekend!

Lisa
07-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Happy Birthday, Princess Morgan!!!!:dance3::dance3: Have a wonderful day!

AWM, I love your recipes. Yum, I am going to make the s'more brownies tonight for tomorrow's crop. Those are going to be yummy, and I am sure a few will be missing from the pan when I leave the house tomorrow morning.:rotfl2:

Yeah, it is Friday!!!! :cool1::cool1: Sun is shining, I needed my shades this morning driving into work.

My to do list:

Get DD up and out for school - done
Work - here
caffeinate - need another, have a horrible headache, hoping it isn't the new "progressive" contacts I got.:scared:
Grocery store to pick up food and drinks for tomorrows crop.
Check on MomE to see how her CATScan went.
Pack van for tomorrow's crop. :goodvibes
Switch beach pass from the van to my car. DH and DD are going to the beach tomorrow while I am playing with my scrapping pals.
Do some digi scrapping

Have a great day everyone. :goodvibes

rlovew
07-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Happy Birthday to MORGAN!!!!

DisneyIsTerrific
07-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Happy Birthday Princess Morgan!!!!!!!:cheer2::banana::dance3:

StitchIsOurHero
07-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday, Princess Morgan!!

Yay! It's Friday! We were planning to go to the cabin this weekend (one last get-away before back-to-work), then we weren't sure if it would be done. Mom called a little while ago and it is, but now DH isn't sure if he wants to go. So what we end up doing remains to be seen!!

Here's my list for today:

1. DS up
2. DS breakfast!
3. Walk
4. Order pics
5. Fold clothes
6. Do DS's birthday invites so they can be mailed next week
7. Email to get stuff from work
8. Do stuff from work
9. DS lunch
10. Proj 365 pic
11. Proj 365 journaling
12. Grocery store (if not going to the cabin)
13. Walk again tonight with DH, DS, & the doggie. . .if the grocery store doesn't run too late!
14. Maybe try to do some scrapping?? That would be a rare treat!! ;)

Everyone have a FABULOUS Friday!!

AlexWyattMommy
07-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Happy Birthday Morgan!

morgansmom2000
07-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone! She'll be pleased to see all the b-day wishes when I get home today!

tinkryansmom
07-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday Princess Morgan!!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!

OK - so DD9 has a 4H pig - its hot and she has not been eating well since we got her. So today I mixed up some peanut butter and molasses and told DD to add it to her food. Maybe it would entice her to eat better. She reported the pig just turned her nose up at it and left. Apparently she just poured the mixture into the pig feeder and left it - without mixing it into her feed pellets.:rotfl::confused3

Today -

Laundry
DH to Dr ofc
Find something for these kids to do - they are starting to get to me!! :crazy:
Finish tax report
Run a few errands
I don't know - can you tell I am just filling time.....

Wish I were at the beach!! Everyone have a great weekend!

AlexWyattMommy
07-10-2009, 01:51 PM
7 cups of fresh picked blackberries equals this many 1/2 pints of semi-seedless jam after being put through a food mill.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/alexwyattmommy/100_4478.jpg

With just enough left over for two slices of toast. :teeth:

This turned out to be the best so far. :thumbsup2

DisneyIsTerrific
07-10-2009, 03:05 PM
7 cups of fresh picked blackberries equals this many 1/2 pints of semi-seedless jam after being put through a food mill.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q179/alexwyattmommy/100_4478.jpg

With just enough left over for two slices of toast. :teeth:

This turned out to be the best so far. :thumbsup2

Oooooh, I bet that is so yummy!!!!! I'll take a slice of toast with some blackberry jam please!!!!:)

I talked to DS and he's having a great time at Seabase (high adventure scout camp in the Keys). I had sent him down there with a bunch of waterproof disposable cameras and told him he better come back with lots of pictures and they better not all be from just one day, but spread out. He said he's used 1 1/2 of the cameras so far. Well, he told me they spent a day down in Key West and he did some shopping. I asked him if he bought me a present :rolleyes:. Well, he said "no, the pictures are your present!" :rotfl: He knows what I like!!!!:thumbsup2

joyah
07-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Hope you all have had a great friday

Just sitting down at the computer for the 1st time

spent the day in the hay field 1 field DONE 2 more to go.

AWM had the jam on my toast this am YUMMY Can't wait to see how the youngest likes the ones we sent out.

Truck had it's second opinion and same verdict. Can't even get after market parts for the left side so guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet in august and pay the 1800 :scared1: mecanhic felt so guilty he didn'eve charge me.

Off to check the pizza for dinner and crash in the tub I'm sure I'm sun burnt.

PrincessNancy96
07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't remember if I even checked in here today...
I meet a HS friend for lunch... our day didn't end til 6:30pm... She is still as much fun as in HS! DH said that he'd have to keep us on a tight leash after hearing about our escapades (sp) in our youth! I have never laughed so hard.. .than she calls her HS BF who I graduated with! OMG! I laughed even harder when we reminded him of his stupid ex-gf! LOL

OH to be young again!

rlovew
07-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Well we got another puppy tonight. She is a black and tan smooth coat dauschund named Duchess.

Rebecca

DisneyIsTerrific
07-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Congratulations on the new puppy Rebecca!!! Can we see a picture of her?

AlexWyattMommy
07-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Congrats Rebecca!!