PDA

View Full Version : The best laid plans of mice and men...

OhioStateBuckeye
07-09-2009, 11:44 PM
So after hours and hours of planning I thought I had our Disney vacation in early September all figured out.

Then BAM. The night of our Le Cellier ADR just also happens to be the night of the USC v. OSU football game (and if you didn't see my username, yes, that is a big deal for us). So now I am scrambling to find another Le Cellier time, but I just went through three days online and every hour of every day was booked.

Ugh.

mouser_momof2
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
What night is your le cellier ADR and what day are you looking for? Maybe I could trade with you.

We'll be there the 17th thru the 24th.

OhioStateBuckeye
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
We'll be there the 8th through the 16th :sad1:

But thank you so much for offering, that was very nice.

Cee
07-10-2009, 08:19 AM
"Of Mice and Men" is one of my favorites. "Tell me about the rabbits again, George!" :thumbsup2

lisajl
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
Yea-Not good!! I was wondering myself about the games we might miss. We will be there from Oct 17-24th.

Well, from a fellow Buckeye.... OH---IO!!

Hey-why don't you go to ESPN and watch it? I think that would be a lot more fun than Le Cellier anyway!

MelanieC
07-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Ahh - Mouser that was nice of you :)

OhioStateBuckeye
07-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I am beginning to experience some other people's frustrations. I am searching three entire days for any Le Cellier openings, and there is nothing throughout the entire day for any of those days.

Yeah, I do think ESPN would be a good place to watch the game, but I would still like to try Le Cellier after hearing so many good things on the boards.

I will just keep checking the online reservations and keep my present Le Cellier until we get closer to the trip. Maybe something will pop up.

katieandemismom
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm hoping we've got a by-week for one of our Saturdays. Dh was born and bred in Columbus. He dressed up like Tressel, I wore a Buckeye jersey, and the girls were OSU cheerleaders for MNSSHP last year.

GO BUCKS!

TheRustyScupper
07-11-2009, 12:03 PM
1) Just go to another eatery.
2) Le Cellier isn't worth all the hype.

jana616
07-11-2009, 03:08 PM
So after hours and hours of planning I thought I had our Disney vacation in early September all figured out.

Then BAM. The night of our Le Cellier ADR just also happens to be the night of the USC v. OSU football game (and if you didn't see my username, yes, that is a big deal for us). So now I am scrambling to find another Le Cellier time, but I just went through three days online and every hour of every day was booked.

Ugh.

Odds are that this won't work for you, but we have a lunch ressie for Le Cellier on 9/10 at 11:45, party of 6. I could trade for dinner that day, if that helps. I don't think we could switch for any other days, though, since we'd mess up our other ADRs and park plans at this point.

OhioStateBuckeye
07-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Odds are that this won't work for you, but we have a lunch ressie for Le Cellier on 9/10 at 11:45, party of 6. I could trade for dinner that day, if that helps. I don't think we could switch for any other days, though, since we'd mess up our other ADRs and park plans at this point.

It would possibly work, except that we are a party of two and you have six. I wouldn't want to mess up any of your plans. But it was really nice of you to offer. All you guys here are so nice.

I think I will just keep my fingers crossed and keep checking. And if that fails, Rusty is right, we can just try something different.

Planogirl
07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Why is Le Cellier in such demand? I don't remember it being worth all of this.

OP, I hope that you work it out either way! Are there any other restaurants you might like as much as Le Cellier? You could maybe check for those too.

Anglefan
07-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Yay, another Buckeye! That's pretty bad planning to have a trip during that game, haha! I'm going during football season as well, but I planned a Friday-Friday trip rather than a Saturday-Saturday one so I wouldn't have to worry about missing two games. The Saturday we're going is the Purdue game and I'm waiting for them to announce a time (unfortunately probably not until ten days before the game), so I can plan how I'll be able to see it.

The good news is, at least you don't have to worry about whether it'll be on a network you can watch from your room. If the Purdue game is on BTN, we're pretty much screwed.

cigar95
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow, am I the only one here who bleeds Cardinal and Gold?

I'm looking forward to the game as well, but I'll get to WDW the very next weekend. (If I miss the USC-Washington game on 9/19, I won't be too crushed. The Huskies were 0-12 last year.)

I would suggest what others have - thanks to the new online system, it just takes about two minutes each day to check four hours or so worth of seatings. If you bookmark the LeCellier reservations URL, it will go just that little bit faster.

And if you're willing to eat there for lunch, that opens up some other options. I have been checking a couple hard-to-get places each day just as preparation for a future trip, and I find spots pop up all the time.

Fight On!

Anglefan
07-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Good luck this year! I think it'll be a great game this year, unlike last. ND might even be able to give you a good game finally.

Chellymouse
07-11-2009, 08:01 PM
OH--IO!
OP-I feel your pain! We learned long ago to never book a trip during football season without checking the schedule first! Hopefully you are able to find a ressie so that you can watch the game. ESPN club is definitely the place to watch football! We've spent many a Sunday and Monday at ESPN when we've traveled during football season!
Here's to a winning season...Go Bucks! (and of course, it's ok if you can't win every game, just don't lose to that team up north) and best of luck finding a ressie. We are going in August so we aren't much help for trading ressies either!

B-Ride
07-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Finally, I knew there was a real advantage being from Toronto. All of our sports teams are so bad that I can keep my reservation for Le Cellier and not worry about missing anything.:rotfl:

Anglefan
07-11-2009, 08:13 PM
I can't believe I just heard a fellow Buckeye say he hopes for a winning season! Haha, your expectations are pretty conservative, bud. I think we've had one losing season in 50-55 years, so you must be pretty happy!

2gr8DisneyKids
07-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Go Buckeyes!

DH and my whole family (25th from the family to graduate from The Ohio State University) (and I was born @ OSU hospital) went there!

I would keep your current reservation (unless you find a trade) and call or check on line as much as possible. When we went in Feb. we had a couple of "bad" ressie times and were able to get what we needed switched around at the park. Also, we added at the last minute and a CM suggested I call when ever I thought about it... turned out to be 3-4 times/day for 2 weeks! Good thing we have unlimited calling to the US! :rotfl:

The only thing you have to remember is to cancel the one when you find the replacement. Good luck, have fun!